Newly married, but we already had our first "situation".
And though, I already told him how I felt about this, nalulungkot parin ako everytime I remember it.
Eto yung kwento. Hubby is only son and has 2 sisters, one is about 11 years younger than him, but is now adult na rin, 20 y.o. ++ Long read ++
SIL and MIL live in Baliuag, Bulacan; just the 2 of them coz F-I-L is in the US.
Hubby and I live in Bacoor. Recently, SIL went to a concert in Araneta. Wala sya kasama (but I think met with other fans sa venue).
So as we know concerts usually end at around 10ish or 11pm. MIL was "kinakabahan" for SIL since she will be going home late from Cubao. MIL contacted hubby (I think morning of the concert) para sunduin si SIL, then hatid to Bulacan.
Wala kami car to do this but he agreed. Hindi ko sya sinabihan na he can't go, Eh paano kung meron nanyari kay SIL? Still, this whole thing does not feel right for me.
Ano ba inaarte ko, di naman ako na abandon or whatever; though di ako makakasama kasi may pasok pa ko.
But I always have this feeling that his identity is more "maaasahang anak, best brother" vs. "man of our house/my betterhalf".
Yung ganon pa lang na, expected ni MIL na okay lang for him to go to Cubao, then uuwi sila sa Bulacan ng ganon lang, short notice, and as if ang lapit ng Cavite and Bulacan.
When I told him about this, wala sya sinabi but hugged me. Yun yung isa pang nagpalungkot sakin, for me that was "Sorry, I made you feel that way, pero it is what it is." -- Ewan baka interpretation ko lang yun.
I love that he is a loving son/brother. Pero ewan, nalulungkot pa rin ako.
I try to be mature, na isipin ko, we are now "one". And so maybe it means, mas maging tulad nya ako - be always there for family. But I still can't help how I feel.