Author Topic: Can men get too attached to someone he is having casual sex with regularly?  (Read 75147 times)

luisacart

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Never judge a book by it's genre.
    • My Adventures in Finding Mr. Right
I'm just curious. Kasi sabi nila women can't have casual sex daw. Laging nagkakaroon ng attachment on their side. So, I'm curious if men is like this too.
*WHEN YOU'RE FALLING, DIVE!~~

Mr.Punch

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
Yeah, it does happen.  Hasn't personally happened to me, but I know people.

(When we say "attached", that covers everything from falling in love to being obsessed, right?)

ezonme

• i'm a bear and i'm a
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • and i'm LOVIN' it
yes. it happened to me.
soon..

mommynin8

• Senior GirlTalker
can something done regularly still be called 'casual'?  kasi kung regular nga sya, then there's something there, right?
And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but because conscience tells one it is right.

luisacart

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Never judge a book by it's genre.
    • My Adventures in Finding Mr. Right
^ casual sex as in there is no commitment b/n the two. they're just friends with benefits. they're not even close friends. they hang out w/ two different group of friends. they only hang out together to sleep with each other.
*WHEN YOU'RE FALLING, DIVE!~~

Paulo

• GUYTalker
  • Senior GirlTalker
Yes, sure. In the same way that there are women who have the sexual morals of a man, :) some men have the too-emotional tendencies of your typical "chick". ;)

I think any exposure that's regular/constant even if there is no clear cut commitment between the parties can pave the way for certain feelings to be developed. That's the very reason why F-buddies aren't suppose to be "buddies" beyond the bedroom. Enough to like each other in that essence, enough to need each other, but not enough to want each other too much. Think of it as an Elephant in the Zoo or the Circus. People like watching the Elephants there. People love seeing these over large animals move gracefully and do tricks. But who would ever want to take one home? ;)

I wouldn't count on it if it were me. In the few times I've seen men fall in-love with someone they've been banging for fun and fun alone, it's nothing more than a result of bad judgement. And you know bad judgement. The only reliable thing you get from it is "experience". ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 06:19:37 pm by Paulo »
Expecting the World to treat you fairly just because you are a good person is a lot like expecting a Bull not to Charge just because you're vegetarian.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
A relationship based on sex never lasts.

^ I like the elephant story.  Another funny thing to add to my conversation repertoire with my (hay naku! LOL)  "geographically faithful"  male BFFs.

mooncake and leaves

• Super GirlTalker
    • Clickity
i've only heard it happen ONCE. heard pa, hindi seen. so yeah it can happen. but then again, the dude who fell in love with his fubu, all his friends and those friends' girlfriends proclaim he has a bit of "tililing". i'm serious. everyone was weirded out by him. even me kasi naweirduhan sila eh so naki-join ako. peer pressure, you know. ;D

but i think it can happen. it's not really that impossible. but agree-don't bet on it because most of us don't really get that lucky. :D

babywaby

• hottie mommy
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • Shattered
yes it can. have a friend who started out as FUBU and ended up happily married with kids  :)

Paulo

• GUYTalker
  • Senior GirlTalker

^ I like the elephant story.  Another funny thing to add to my conversation repertoire with my (hay naku! LOL)  "geographically faithful"  male BFFs.

Oh you like the Elephant Story? That is a sort of spin-off of the old "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?" ahmm, words of wisdom. ;) Here's something I learned over drinks last night: The term "Ms Titanic".

Ms Titanic - A Term associated with a girl who goes down the first time you go out.

:)

Expecting the World to treat you fairly just because you are a good person is a lot like expecting a Bull not to Charge just because you're vegetarian.

babywaby

• hottie mommy
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • Shattered
hahaha Ms. Titanic?....Paulo im a fan. i read your posts kahit gano kahaba.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
Oh you like the Elephant Story? That is a sort of spin-off of the old "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?" ahmm, words of wisdom. ;) Here's something I learned over drinks last night: The term "Ms Titanic".

Ms Titanic - A Term associated with a girl who goes down the first time you go out.

Yes, I like the Elephant Story. 
It sure is a much better (and funny) version of what my "dear departeds" (lolo and dad)  brought up now and then when drinking with their pals:
    Puede mo naman i-por kilo eh bakit mo pakakasalan.
    G@go!   

Errr, does Ms Titanic also refer to people-who-are-sometimes-depressed-but-more-often-happy?
LOL  I came across this Channel 56 Filipino movie the other night... the script was like Sex and The City but this 1 had a gay guy.  He sure was always looking for a Titanic episode.

What else can you share  to advance our "interesting vocabulary"?

justbeingme

• GirlTalker
Re: Can men get too attached to someone he is having casual sex with regularly?
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 12:13:00 am »
i've only heard it happen ONCE. heard pa, hindi seen.

Yeah I heard one story too. Only one.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 12:14:56 am by justbeingme »

ms_rsm

• kape lang ang bisyo
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010, 01:31:15 am »
In the same way that there are women who have the sexual morals of a man, :) some men have the too-emotional tendencies of your typical "chick". ;)
i agree to this.
yes it can happen, i know some people who do that. casual sex regularly, pero mas no strings attached dun sa guy the first few times. hanggang sa nafall na rin si guy pagtagal. sadly, the guy is married.  :(
Just because it's not happening right now, that doesn't mean it never will. - Anonymous

creamypeach

• mysassygirl
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 01:52:06 pm »
same question ko po yan.  ;)
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna , Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare. Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare

menice

• GUYTalker =)
  • Super GirlTalker
  • tahimik at mabait.. period!
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 07:45:59 pm »
Yes, depende ha kung talagang like din nila yung gurl. pero kung lasing lang sila non. malamang pag gising parang hang over lang yon hehe :) till the next day only

masato

ei paulo, [textspeak!] du u do wd women who have these "sexual morals of a man?"

Paulo

• GUYTalker
  • Senior GirlTalker
^
That "TextSpeak" bit got in the way of your question, Masato

But what do you mean ' ___ should we do with them'? You meant to ask "What Should we do to them"? Like ... literally Do? ;)

I guess safe to say we can start by ahmmm Appreciating them? :)

carmilina

• a psychotic registered nurse,admin work,bookjunkie,a sensitive
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • ***Summer***
hays..it happens namn
---Woman empowerment, that's what my life is...---
***music/books/photography/soccer/travel/Spain/Pnay/Science/ ***  O.o

http://angelsundaylove.wordpress.com/

masato

sori 'bout the textspeak, not used to posting yet. i mean, i feel [textspeak!] i'm on the same boat as these "women with sexual morals of a man." gets confusin' sometimes esp. in approaching my fb. as a girl u kinda feel something when u do have sex, but on the other side, u rationalize this for what it really is & just don't make anything of it. does this make any sense to any of u?  ???

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close