Author Topic: Homeschooling..  (Read 112623 times)

feline13

• Junior GirlTalker
  • you live, you learn.
    • Pinay Fitness

feline13

• Junior GirlTalker
  • you live, you learn.
    • Pinay Fitness
Re: Homeschooling..
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 03:26:17 pm »
this makes it more interesting for me --

http://catholicfilipinoacademy.com/cfa/10principles.php

helencons

• frustrated preschool teacher(hoping to fulfill this dream someday)
  • GirlTalker
    • the busy toddler
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 12:03:07 am »
im going to homeschool my 2yr old son this year kasi alanganin ang age nya para makapasok sa preschool.

if i would have it my way,i'd really like to homeschool him allthroughout, honestly im not satisfied with the current school curriculum in the country. kaya lang i don't think that i can venture/dive into homeschool(kulang pa yung info ko on how it works here) so ill be sending my son eventually to a regular preschool.this is not to say that i will totally depend on what the school will teach him.im really bent on supplementing it with other curriculums normally used in homeschooling.

for example, for math, ill be using singapore math curriculum.ill be using explode the code series, in phonics.then adopting some programs in calvert and sonlight curriculums (US based). for writing/penmanship, im gearing towards getty dubay italic series, among others. 

jaiaquino

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Aching to be a full time mom to my Mckenzie Bianca
    • McKenzie's Little Shop
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 09:53:52 am »
i hear there are some who use the US curriculum to homeschool their kids. homeschool is different from homestudy. from what i've read, homeschool is when you are still affiliated with an organization that sends you materials including their curriculum which you run at home with your kids. some differences with homeschooling and social schooling include the venue and facilitator. there are also choices on whether to take the traditional or progressive approach when homeschooling.

i'm seriously considering this option for my daughter. she's almost 2 years old now. i just pray that i will have time to do this with her as i'm working full time.

evaespiritu

• Probationary
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 11:04:34 pm »
hi,
I've been homeschooling my son for 2 years.
We belong to a homeschool group that meets every monday.

Homeschooling is really taking charge of your child's education. The curricula does not have to come from the U.S.. There are good curricula that are locally available. It all depends on your family's needs, your child's learning style (not all kids like workbooks by the way).

If you're interested in more info and meeting up with parents who have been homeschooling for 5 years, let me know. I would be happy to have you visit our group. BTW, our homeschool group is comprised of preschoolers and big school kids.

Blessings,
Eva Espiritu

jaiaquino

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Aching to be a full time mom to my Mckenzie Bianca
    • McKenzie's Little Shop
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 10:29:20 am »
^i'm very interested in homeschooling. i have been looking for a group such as yours to talk to and, if possible, observe how you do it and maybe even have a look at how you schedule your day - such as do you have a set time on when you sit with your child or do you play it by ear? i have so many questions that it is quite embarrasing already. could you pls PM or email me where and when you meet?

Btw, which organization have you chosen?   ;D

anjoelina

• GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 08:20:09 am »
We are seriously considering a homeschool provider for our daughter but it turns out it is NOT DEP-ED ACCREDITED. Are any of you independently homeschooling your kids (your homeschool provider is not DepEd accredited)? What assurances did they give you about problems that may arise when your child applies for college... or when you decide that you want your child to go to a regular school, say in high school?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 08:22:19 am by anjoelina »

evaespiritu

• Probationary
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 09:16:18 am »
hi,
our homeschool group is having a talk on feb 16 @ 9:00 @ CCF-Alabang. The topic will be "making learning fun".

After the talk, we will have some chikka time with moms. You can meet up with newbie moms and moms who have been homeschooling for a while.

If you're interested, please [textspeak!] me @ 09064584678 with your name.
We have limited seats.

prettyjlo

• GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 04:40:25 pm »
i have a plan din na mag homeschool na yun 2 girls ko kaya nag inquire  ako sa 2 school na accredited ng deped. The masters academy (TMA)and school of tommorrow (SOT). sa TMA may orientation muna sa feb.27. sa SOT naman pwede  pumunta anytime para sa diagnostic exam worth P1000. yun organization naman para sa mga ibang activities  for homeschoolers meron yun kids ahoy sa may cubao.may website at multiply sila

ditdit

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 04:50:25 pm »
I'm considering homeschooling as well. Lately, ayaw n ng kido ko pumasok sa school nya,he's 3 yr old. CFA said they require at least 1 parent not working. Pano kaya yun, my husband and I are working fulltime. But I think kaya ko pa din. Theye have scheduled Orientations:

Learn more about homeschooling!

Orientations and screening of prospective homeschooling families, termed Homeschooling Discovery Time, are conducted beginning February up to April of each year.

These are held from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.at 60 Chicago St., Cubao, Quezon City.

http://catholicfilipinoacademy.com/cfa/announce.php?recordID=1

ledaswan

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 11:18:00 am »
Im also looking for a homeschool provider. Sa CFA nga they require one non working parent to homeschool the child. E single mom ako, and working. CFA lang yung Catholic na homeschool provider, TMA, SOT are Christian. Mura lang din tuition ng CFA.

vbhyaknoj

• GirlTalker
  • Finally, I'm in! :)
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 05:42:37 pm »
CFA is ran by or founded by Bo Sanchez right? Totoo yon that they require one parent to personally supervise the kids' studies..ang ginagawa ng iba is dinadaya nila sinasabing di sila working or part-time lang sila para makapasok child nila. Accredited by DepEd din daw sila. A friend's daughter just graduated from CFA and is now into highschool sa pasukan. Ok naman daw, wala naman naging problema, nakaenrol naman, which means honored yong paghomeschooling niya with CFA.

Nasa 15k lang prep to grade 6 nila..meron silang tinatawag na reading program for kids na hindi pa ready to be into prep and 8k naman yon. after a few days lang daw natututo na magbasa yong bata. 

prettyjlo

• GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 08:04:36 pm »
eto some info from Living Heritage Academy by School of Tomorrow:

Schedule of Fees in Philippine Peso.

Diagnostic Test   1,000.00      

One-Time Registration Fee per Family   15,000.00      
One-Time Registration Fee per Student    2,500.00      

Annual Tuition Fee per Student      
  a.  Levels 1-8 (Grade 1-6)   3,000.00      
  b.  Levels 9-11 (1st Yr. – 3rd Yr.) 3,500.00      
  c.  Level 12 (4th Yr.)    4,000.00   

PACEs (Packet Accelerated Christian Education)

These are the modules that the students use.  They are both a workbook and textbook.  The cost varies depending on the student’s level:

·        Colored PACEs (U.S. Print) – Php120.00 – Php160.00 each
·        Black and White (Local Print) – Php45.50 – Php62.00 each
·        Score Keys (U.S. Print)– Php120.00 – Php160.00 each

vbhyaknoj

• GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 01:13:37 pm »
^sis saan to and accreditted ba siya by DepEd? Catholic din ba siya?

prettyjlo

• GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 07:37:20 pm »
for non catholic/christian po. sa  levitown paranaque po. may traditional schooling din sila, Philippine Christian School of Tomorrow. dami din foreigner student dun at pricey yun tuition fees nila. student friendly yun mga modules/PACES nila for homeschooling.

sxymnky

• Junior GirlTalker
  • If I could, I would. Trust me.
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 11:40:05 am »
 count me in mga sis!!!  I find it very challenging sa part ko :D
The monkey never complains that he has no comb :P

“Somebody must take a chance. The monkeys who became men, and the monkeys  who didn't are still jumping around in trees making faces at the monkeys  who did.” :D

vbhyaknoj

• GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 01:57:52 pm »
@prettyjlo: is it accredited by DepEd sis? this is very important...

iggypop

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 02:15:05 pm »
ako naman am interested in putting up a homeschool provider. any ideas mga sis? our family currently owns a traditional school NKP-High School, but i've noticed there are parents who are also interested in home schooling their kids. any ideas mga sis?

sweet angel

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 03:52:28 pm »
pasali, interested din ako... almost a year na kong nagbabasa about homeschooling  ;D nasa ibang bansa kasi kami, sobrang mahal yung bilingual school(private) at international school nila dito...ayoko naman ipublic school yung anak ko, hindi naman sa maarte ako o iba yung tingin ko sa public pero kasi mahihirapan masyado yung anak ko, usually yung mga bata dun di marunong ng english so walang makakausap yung anak... tnry ko nga sya ipasok sa bilingual nursery naka 1 week lang sya, nainip siguro saka walang makausap, pero last year nung nasa pinas kami enjoy na enjoy sya sa school nya(montessori).

sis ditdit, yung sa CFA til april lang seminar nila?

mga sis, me nakatry na ba mgseminar thru CFA or TMA? me seminar din ba TMA?

salamat
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 04:06:19 pm by sweet angel »
"A man's wife may either make him or break him"

prettyjlo

• GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 06:10:30 pm »
@vbhyaknoj - opo accredited ng deped. marami po akong friends na graduate na ng college from u.p., la salle mapua and other universities na dyan naghomeschool from preschool to highschool.

Some Philippine homeschooling programs include the following:

Angelicum College Catholic Home Study Program from elementary to high school.

Colegio de San Juan de Letran Catholic Home Study Program from elementary to high school.

Harvest Christian School International - the International Christian School of Cebu City, Philippines offering DepEd accredited international and national homeschool and distance learning programs from Elementary to High School. Website: www.hcsinternational.org

The Master’s Academy (TMA) – a Christian school founded by the Christ’s Commission Fellowship (CCF) that has been offering a DepEd accredited international homeschool program since 1999.
3rd Floor St. Francis Building, Bank Drive, Cor. Julia Vargas, Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong City 1550

Catholic Filipino Academy (CFA) – the first Philippine Catholic homeschool program, co-founded by Bo Sanchez, offers DepEd accredited education for preschool to grade school students.

The School of Tomorrow - a Christian homeschool program for kindergarten to high school levels that has been provided by the United States-based organization Accelerated Christian Education since 1970. It makes use of the latest computer technology in providing an individualized education with a strong religious background.

VICTORY ELIJAH SCHOOL SYSTEMS (VESS) - a DEP-ED recognized school that offers homeschooling from COMPLETE ELEMENTARY (Grade 1 to Grade 6)COMPETE SECONDARY (1st yr. to 4th yr.). Fee is very affordable, the cheapest in the country. It provides training for homeschooling mothers, students and facilitators. For inquiries please call the following numbers: 6325460046 /6324701639/ 6322500064/ 09299577245 or visit at L10B2 Rose Street, Lourdes Subdivision, Mambugan, Antipolo or email us: victoryelijahschool@yahoo.com

@sweet angel - every last saturday of the month may seminar ang TMA sa 3rd flr. St. Francis Square, 9-11am o kaya email mo si Joy Mendoza, <joy@tmahomeschool.org>. Nagrereply yan. Aatend sana ako kaya lang nalaman ko na mas cheaper sa SOT kaya di na ko tumuloy dyan.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close