watch now

Author Topic: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way  (Read 215902 times)

cherai

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #200 on: March 01, 2015, 03:56:03 pm »
I highly recommend The Montessori Schoolhouse at Kent, it is located at 17 Kent St. Filinvest. It offers authentic Montessori curriculum. The students speak fluent English here. It offers pre-school up to high-school. MSK is also DEPED -recognized! If you want to inquire just call and look for the following:

E-MAIL : schoolmsk@gmail.com / mskpacci@yahoo.com. Call: 646-8342 or 646-8303. CONTACT PERSONS: Teacher Paz V. Alcantara (School Directress)

Thanks and more power!

amfabrigas

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #201 on: March 08, 2015, 07:44:15 pm »
Good Evening.

I have been reading through this thread for a few days now.
I took down notes and listed some suggestions specifically for those schools with positive feedback (based only on this thread). However, I'm not quite sure if these are still accurate because some of the comments are dated 4yrs ago :(
I hope someone can read this reply. In need of your help Mommies..

I'm a Single Mom with 1 Kid who just turned 3 last week. I'm looking for a Preschool for him (Near Brookside, Cainta will be best). Preferably Christian or Montessori School. I will solely finance my Kid's schooling so I'm hoping to find a tuition ranging from 30K to 45K.

Here are some schools under my 'TO CHECK' list:
MORNING DEW MONTESSORI
FAITH CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
PASIG GREEN PASTURE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
DIVINE ANGELS MONTESSORI SCHOOL
CHILD's SPACE INC.


Any review from the schools mentioned? Any other suggestions?
Feedback is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! :)

Thank you in advance! ;D

lani_trinity

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #202 on: March 30, 2015, 10:51:25 pm »
try this school Bright Star Learning Center of Marikina  tel 6460988
Pre school lang po ito near marcos hiway rin sila.

cloudzy_09

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #203 on: April 03, 2015, 06:49:45 pm »
Any recomendation For ore school in marikina 30-40k tuition fee

neni

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #204 on: April 06, 2015, 02:12:30 pm »
hi sis amfabrigas. mas better yata na thread 'to for you, preschool in the east, http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,218199.40.html since most of the schools you mentioned are in cainta. good luck :)

lani_trinity

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #205 on: April 10, 2015, 06:54:01 pm »
Bright star tuition fee is 18700 ,  misc and books are not included.
Location calumpang marikina city
pre school only

ilovemickey

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #206 on: April 14, 2015, 03:00:33 pm »
Hi Moms, I am thinking of transferring my daughter, an incoming grade 7 either St. Scholastica or St. Paul. Any feedback in the two schools is appreciated, how much is the tuition in St. Scho? Thanks.

picPAUboom

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #207 on: April 22, 2015, 07:38:35 am »
Hi mga sis. My son has been going to Morning Dew Montessori for 3 years now (from Junior Casa to Grade 1) and we have nothing but love for this school. From the admin, to the faculty, to the ate's/kuya's, to older schoolmates.. the culture they promote is all about family. Where can you find a school where high school students adore (and love) helping take take care of the preschool kids during activities? They also call their teachers "Tita" instead of Maam or Sir. And hindi puro academics. For preschool, they have MCCL (Montessori Center for Creative Learning), Tea Party, Cookery, reading Moms/Dads, Slumber Party, Casa Bonding.. etc where kids develop brotherhood, their creativity and love for learning and arts.

One of my favorites is the Casa system. Parang Hogwarts ito take note.. may sorting hehe. They put students in different Casa colors (ex. Green is for Integrity, White is for collaboration) and this will be your team for the whole year. You will bond with other students of the same casa (not just from the same level) and try to win "points" for your casa which will be awarded before the school year ends.

Downside lang sa MDM is medyo old na un facilities nila. But academic wise, they are at par sa Montessori curriculum. My kid learned to read at the age of 4.5 and he can converse very well in English. Madaling lapitan ang teachers, if you have questions or concerns. Medyo magastos lang din sa activities pero as long as enjoy naman ang mga bata and they are learning, okay na samin. They have monthly, semestral, and quarterly payment schemes if you're wondering. And tuition ng anak ko for an incoming grade 2 is 55k.

 :)

maileen22

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #208 on: May 07, 2015, 06:57:13 pm »
Hello momsies, any feedback on Mother of Divine Providence School in Marikina?

maileen22

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #209 on: May 07, 2015, 08:10:45 pm »
my niece is going to enroll at The Learning House in Galaxy St. Meteor Homes, along Champaca St. , sobrang nag-enjoy sya sa toddler class nya last year. http://marikina.olx.com.ph/the-learning-house-preschool-marikina-child-engineering-center-iid-26762744

Dito din nag-preschool yung younger sis ko and she went on to getting honors at Mother of Divine Providence School (affiliated with St. Paul) and now, she's in U.P. Diliman. :) by the way, di ako affiliated sa kanila. tuwa lang ako na matino sila magturo. Mura lang din tuition, around P2K+ per month kung monthly magbabayad...

---------


THE LEARNING HOUSE Preschool is Owned & Operated by U.P. Trained Child Engineers

with Masters Degrees. You are assured of High Quality Preschool Education that is not too expensive.

Call: 7079894 / 0922-2568220

thelearninghouse_cec@yahoo.com

Visit: http://lisadimacs.multiply.com

I agree with this comment. This is a Progressive School. They have small classes (8-15) with 1 Teacher and 1 or 2 Teacher Aide (depends on level). Also they have passers in UPKAT (UPIS Entrance Test). They really know how to bring out the best in your kids, well that is from my point of view. At first I have hesitations enrolling my children here because the school is small. Bahay sya before na turned into school but when we tried their summer art class my children love the teacher&teacher aide. Plus super lapit nya lang samen.

My first child actually went to Pathfinder when she was in nursery, another progressive school in Marikina, but she got bullied there. The teacher did not communicated with us that it was already happening which made me very disappointed when I talked to the teacher her only explanation was.. "Medyo mas matanda kasi yung girl na yun and younger daughter nyo"..  Also I feel every month they always want us to bring food (spaghetti, chicken, bbq) with 2 days notice take note.. Anyways so we decided to transfer our child to Learning House.

Before mahiyain yung mga kids ko now they are actively participating in activities and no hesitation in performing sa stage. I like their patience my boy kasi is very malikot =) plus I feel they value our money, I mean for activities like if they will be renting venue outside they charge very little. Tapos may kasama pa snacks for kids and parents =) not like other school which I feel na parang may dagdag for income. Plus I like how they take pictures of our kids! ganda ng mga kuha. Well of course academically I saw fast progress of my children. Recently did some admission tests to big schools and they said my child should be enrolling as Grade 3 and not 1..

So overall I recommend this preschool.

Current Tuition Fee Rates : P32,000
Misc : P7,000
Uniform : P400.00 (depends on size)
PE : P200.00
School Books & Notebooks    : P3,000
Assessment Fee for new students : P400
5% sibling tuition discount




« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 08:58:04 pm by maileen22 »

longing

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #210 on: May 13, 2015, 01:08:28 pm »
Hi Moms, I am thinking of transferring my daughter, an incoming grade 7 either St. Scholastica or St. Paul. Any feedback in the two schools is appreciated, how much is the tuition in St. Scho? Thanks.

Late response sis, my daughter is an incoming G2 at SSAM. So far happy ako sa school especially sa grading system nila.  It will really depends on your daughter's academic performance. Nasa 53K ang tuition ng G2, mas mataas sa G7 and HS. Wala pa books (I paid today 5.5K and uniforms).

at2539

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #211 on: July 01, 2015, 06:17:04 am »
May alam ba kayong preschool na tumatanggap ng weekly classes? Two years old na kasi ang anak ko. Nang nagtanong ako sa PrepEd next year na lang ulit ang enrolment. Meron bang year round may enrolment within Marikina sana.

A-N-N

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #212 on: August 23, 2015, 07:48:27 am »
Anyone who has feedback on Ingenium pre-school and Gradeschool?

cldy_1981

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #213 on: August 25, 2015, 09:09:44 am »
^ Hi A-N-N, I can only comment about Ingenium Pre-School as my son is currently studying there. It's our first year with Ingenium, he is at the Nursery level.

I really like/love the school! In the 3 months that my son has started I have seen him bloom. You see he was disgnosed as a delayed talker by the Dev Ped, when we enrolled him back in June he could only utter a handful of words but now I see he is more confident, he tries to speak more and the change in terms of his speech is really stunning. He is still delayed based on the assessment of the Dev Ped but the development in 3 months was leaps and bounds compared to the past year when he was just doing Speech Therapy and I think its because of the nurturing as well as guidance he has gotten from his teachers and the interaction from his peers/classmates.

I like that the school is a combination of both Progressive and Traditional. Why? Because it uses a progressive teaching methodology, very interactive, very open but at the same time its not like the montessori schools or other progressive schools that I've scouted wherein kids just do whatever they want with minimal structure. To me this is important as it balances the child's natural propensity for learining new things but at the same time it gives them a feel of what it's like in a big school or in the real world where you adjust to things and it doesn't adjust to what you want to do or not do.

I highly recommend Ingenium! It's also very fun for the parents, personally I enjoy it because the school encourages parent involvement in the activities. I like seeing my child in all the activities but it can also be a bit daunting for working parents kasi nga they have lots of activities, like for July it was a whole month of Food Themed Fridays because of Nutrition month so kids had to bring food assigned to them, in August since its Buwan ng Wika it was also very busy and a bit expensive because of the costumes. But overall the activities they have seem to be very good for the children as they learn while they play/see new things :)

damseLbLush

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #214 on: September 09, 2015, 08:28:05 am »
Hi Moms, I am thinking of transferring my daughter, an incoming grade 7 either St. Scholastica or St. Paul. Any feedback in the two schools is appreciated, how much is the tuition in St. Scho? Thanks.

Hi Mommy! My reply is a bit late but just to share, grade 7 and grade 8 tuition in St. Scho Marikina is around 63 - 64k. :)

mommamymy!

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #215 on: November 05, 2015, 10:34:52 pm »
My son is currently enrolled at ISYC and I am very happy with their curriculum because it is based on the capabilities of your child. He's in Junior Nursery but since his teachers saw that he can already sight read during the assessment, he was given a different set of workbooks.


Now, at 4 years old, he can read books from cover to cover, show confidence when talking to a big group of people, can write his name, does simple math, and is very attuned to his school. Nakakatuwa lang because ISYC really embodied how to learn things while having fun. Dahil walang pressure, my child was able to express himself freely and at his own pace.  :)


Reservations usually start during December and the headmistress/owner makes sure to text everyone who has inquired when ang reservation. Mabilis nga lang maubos ang slots kasi ganon kaganda ang school, in my opinion. :) 

prettykhate

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #216 on: January 28, 2016, 09:56:19 am »
Hi All

I am interested enrolling my son in Marist Marikina. I tried to contact their number but no success.

Would you happen to know the direct number or local?
How much is the tuition fee for Grade 1?

Unfortunately website is also not working. :(

Help

Thank you.
Katie

lilsaintsm0m

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #217 on: January 28, 2016, 03:09:18 pm »
Mga sis feedback naman sa Deeco (DeeHwa Liong Academy) from qc kasi kami we are moving close to parents house near santolan Deeco ang pinaka malapit. Ive back read and saw only few postive feedbacks yung recent sana. Tia.

ericaorange

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #218 on: March 29, 2016, 09:01:04 pm »
Sharing my TF inquiry for 4th grade:

Faith Christian School - 39k
Marikina Christian Integrated School - 36k
San Benildo - 46k
Ingenium School - 94k
Mother Goose - 90k
Pathfinder School - 45k

mommymarikina

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #219 on: May 10, 2016, 08:32:38 pm »
I would recommend Pathfinder School to all the moms who are looking for a school in Marikina SSS Village/Rancho/Hacienda area. It's located on Sinai st corner Hacienda Heights st just beside Lilac St. Pathfinder is an english-speaking school where students are trained to converse in English during class hours. It is also a Christian school so your kids are taught good values and have regular bible studies. They also have a good curriculum which is one level advanced from the current level of the student. Because of that, your kids will be more competitive if ever they transfer in big schools like Ateneo, La Salle, or UP IS. Tutok talaga yung kids nyo dito kasi small lang din yung class size nila up to 12 students lang yata. And what I like most about this school is that sobrang warm din ng teachers nila. Well siguro kasi they are also a family kaya parang family friends na rin kaming mga parents na matagal tagal na sa Pathfinder.

I also heard na they're currently constructing their new building near C&B Mall in Marikina Heights. Pero matagal pa yata yun :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close