Author Topic: Kumon  (Read 51432 times)

janjohann

• GirlTalker
Re: Kumon
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2010, 09:45:27 pm »
Mga sis, my son is 7 years old pero he'll be in Grade 3 na in June. too late na ba for him para sa kumon math? ang classes ba sa kumon everyday or weekends? tia!

aleng_maganda

• Junior GirlTalker
  • SAHM! and i love it...
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2010, 08:57:11 pm »

just had assesment with my 3.6y/o son kanina for reading. ayaw pa ng instructor na sabay reading and math, baka daw mabigla. kaya reading ko muna sya enroll. then after 1month sabay na with math.
"Life is not as perfect as i wanted it to be BUT i am completely HAPPY!"

ayrise

• Architect.Interior Designer.Stylist.Free Spirit
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • livin' my life one day at a time ...
    • DESIGN LUST
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2010, 11:02:57 am »
Bakit ganun wala trial dun sa Kumon Center na pinagtanungan ng Mom ko. Kumon Imperial Antipolo Branch yun. Then i'm not sure if may assesment din. But i'll be attending the Seminar for Parents.

Does anybody know Enopi? Have you tried Comparing Kumon with Enopi?

Thanks!

berrycherry

• Junior GirlTalker
  • i love berries...
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2010, 05:18:07 pm »
planning to enroll may son  here in bahrain... mukhang ok talaga ang naririnig kong feedbacks about kumon..
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. --coco chanel

mbecinahj

• Probationary
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2010, 09:39:28 pm »
hiyee mommies! my daughter started her math in kumon when she was 2.9 yo. marami nagsabi she was too young pero sabi sa assessment kaya nya so go go go kami ni hubby. ndi kami nagsisi. she turned 4yo yesterday and she is now gold awardee sa math and bronze sa reading. we're so proud! =)

mompj1029

• GirlTalker
  • nanay ni budeng at bujengjeng :)
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2010, 09:32:45 pm »
my baby just turned 1, pero i am thinking na if he turns 3 ienroll ko sa kumon.. kaya lang a friend informed me na pag naattend ng kumon class ang bata dapat kasama parents or guardian para daw pag uwi mareview yung bata sa mga lessons na tinuro? is it true? hirap kasi pareho kami working ni hubby and yung yaya naman nya mejo old na and i am not sure if makarelate sya sa ituturo ng kumon teacher :)

loveann

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2010, 12:49:55 am »
Wow! kakaexcite naman for my daughter   ;D
My daughter started her schooling  but I think mas ok if I enroll her in Kumon since laging wala un teacher nya sa school kasi public school day care center sya.(nakakainis db?!)
I dunno if my natutunan un anak ko sa school na un.. kaloka [textspeak!].. >:(

mompj1029

• GirlTalker
  • nanay ni budeng at bujengjeng :)
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2010, 10:11:27 am »
ganun ba? need ko pala maghanap ng makakasama nya sa kumon if ever... kahit may kamahalan go pa rin, at least sigurado tayo na ok yung foundation ng mga kids pagdating sa academics nila :)

timothyjovNasher

• Proud Mom of TJ <3
  • GirlTalker
  • . . i am complicated . .
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2010, 04:27:36 am »
tanong ko lang mga mommies, at what age ba ideal ipasok si baby sa Kumon? Kasi sa mga nabasa ko pag sobrang bata hindi pa tinatanggap.

My son will turn 3 yrs old on April 2011.

- KAT - JHOGS - BABY TJ - ASHER -

Thank You GOD for EVERYTHING. ♥

<Signature modified by Admin. No advertising please. Do not modify.>

helencons

• frustrated preschool teacher(hoping to fulfill this dream someday)
  • GirlTalker
    • the busy toddler
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2010, 11:58:34 am »
I recently inquired in Kumon ATC branch, they require that the child be at least 3 1/2 yrs old to enroll in their programs.  In the case of my son that would be around january 2011.

yang

• immortal healer in training
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2010, 09:30:20 am »
may i just share this.

my sister in law have already 3 kids. the eldest being 6 years old, middle child is 5 and the youngest is 2mos. we came by to visit them last sunday. and learned that the kids werent able to go to school because of financial constraints. they're both in government service by the way. my husband and i were discussing it on our way home. we are like conversing the way they handle their finances. we are pretty sure that with enough budgetting skills can handle the math.  anyway, ate have also shared with us that she is planning to enroll this 2 kids to kumon reading. how on earth would this be possible if these kids barely writes their name or numbers. all they know now is just play blocks. cannot speak clearly. iba yun bulol, sila parang stuck sa baby talk. then the kumon they went into conducted an orientation. she didnt realized it is not a tutorial. that her kids wouldnt be subjected to spoon feeding. my husband just said to her ate, ikaw ang kailangan magturo sa kanila lalo ngayon, discipline begins at home. you can always find time for your kids. tamad kasi siya.

i would like to ask whether it is possible/feasible for this kids to enter in kumon method of learning? 

if so, we would like to give them this kind of gift hopefully.
princess today,..goddess forever.

mindurownbiz

• Probationary
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2010, 01:06:16 pm »
^ pwede naman silang i-enroll as long as kaya nilang makasunod ng instruction at nakakapagsalita na pwedeng maintindihan ng teacher na nasa center. But in their case i don't think it's practical to send them in kumon if  the kids need is really good BASIC education. Kumon for me is supplemental lang , so if you have an EXTRA money for it then go ahead and try it. It's not even a tutorial center so don't expect them to teach the kids other than the subject enrolled. For the price of 1,800/month , i think you can source out some other school naman na nasa ganyang range , if their parents talaga can't afford them sa private school then a public school will do  kesa wala as long as me follow up nman from the parents at home. I remember nga that most barangay meron silang day care center so kids ages 3-5 pwede dun sa kanila for basic writing man lang , bonus na if they can learn how to read. But good thing with it eh expose na yung bata sa classroom scenario so medyo wala na yung iyakan pag iniwan mo sa school.

yang

• immortal healer in training
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2010, 09:50:49 am »
^ @mindurownbiz: Thats exactly what we'retrying to point out. That KUMON isnt a tutorial center. parangf ang dating kasi sa kanya makahanap siya ng daycare/ tutor. haiz!
princess today,..goddess forever.

sugar pop

• Probationary
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2010, 07:23:53 pm »
may 13 year old akong anak na babae. she's having a hard time in mathematics. we always have a hard time when we make her assignments. can i still enroll her in kumon even she is 13 years old? :-[

chakchuk

• GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2010, 11:28:08 pm »
hi sugarpop... my daughter is with kumon.... during the orientation, they told us... that even college students can still enroll... they will assess your kid to know where to start....

sugar pop

• Probationary
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2010, 04:07:01 pm »
hi sugarpop... my daughter is with kumon.... during the orientation, they told us... that even college students can still enroll... they will assess your kid to know where to start....

thanks sis chakchuk. hope my daughter will be enlighten in mathematics if I enroll her in kumon

necrorealms

• Lurker-ific ♥ Certified GirlTalk n00b-slash-
  • Probationary
  • so bright, i just gotta wear my shades ♥
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2010, 09:59:43 pm »
I started Kumon math when I was in Grade 5 until 2nd year HS. It really, really helped me. I was already learning algebra during Grade 6. I really liked that super tutok yung teacher sayo and the program adjusts to your abilities. I was having a hard time at one topic so pinaulit talaga nila sa akin until I got it. You're really learning while having fun. They used to give you points pag mataas ang grades mo and you can exchange them for toys or sweets. Na-motivate tuloy ako to do my best :D

Although I regret na di ko sya sineryoso kaya umayaw na ako later on. Big mistake :(
Can we pretend that airplanes In the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now. ♥

mommy_me

• mom - wife - scrapbooking addict - and a
  • GirlTalker
  • Be the best that you can be!!!
    • mommy's little angels
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2010, 06:33:31 am »
one time habang nagkukumon ang anak ko, may isang bata na inoorient and going thru testing sa kumon. i think 5 na siya... umiiyak and ayaw magpaiwan sa loob ng room, tapos hindi pa siya marunong ng simple addition.... in that case hindi siya pumasa..

natatandaan ko dati sa parents orientation during the first year of  my son in KUMON, theay are not tutorial centers laging emphasized ng head teacher... and hindi lang magkukumon dahil gusto ng parent dapat gusto ng bata.. dahil tiyagaan talaga because sa dami ng homeworks.. at paulit-ulit hanggang sa maperfect mo or mamaster mo ang certain level.... kasi sa kumon ang program nila base sa alam ng bata.. bale yun ang magiging basis nila saan ang bata mag-start...

sa case ng mga pamangkin ni sis yan : pwede siguro inquire ng ate mo....

You cannot perfect motherhood but you can always give your best...

mommy_me

• GirlTalker
    • mommy's little angels
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2010, 06:35:04 am »
may 13 year old akong anak na babae. she's having a hard time in mathematics. we always have a hard time when we make her assignments. can i still enroll her in kumon even she is 13 years old? :-[

yes you can enroll her... walang age limit ang KUMON sis....

mommy_me

• GirlTalker
    • mommy's little angels
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2010, 06:38:30 am »
may i just share this.

my sister in law have already 3 kids. the eldest being 6 years old, middle child is 5 and the youngest is 2mos. we came by to visit them last sunday. and learned that the kids werent able to go to school because of financial constraints. they're both in government service by the way. my husband and i were discussing it on our way home. we are like conversing the way they handle their finances. we are pretty sure that with enough budgetting skills can handle the math.  anyway, ate have also shared with us that she is planning to enroll this 2 kids to kumon reading. how on earth would this be possible if these kids barely writes their name or numbers. all they know now is just play blocks. cannot speak clearly. iba yun bulol, sila parang stuck sa baby talk. then the kumon they went into conducted an orientation. she didnt realized it is not a tutorial. that her kids wouldnt be subjected to spoon feeding. my husband just said to her ate, ikaw ang kailangan magturo sa kanila lalo ngayon, discipline begins at home. you can always find time for your kids. tamad kasi siya.

i would like to ask whether it is possible/feasible for this kids to enter in kumon method of learning? 

if so, we would like to give them this kind of gift hopefully.

sis bakit hindi na lang maghire si ate mo ng tutor para sa 2 bata... maghanap ng mas mura... well ateleast lahat pa ng subject maituturo d ba.... math, reading, language and some art and music.... or pwede rin siya na lang like home study... yung pambayad sa tutor ibili niya ng mga books na pwede niya gamitin para sa mga kids....

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close