watch now

Author Topic: COD LIVER OIL  (Read 37679 times)

lexi_girl

  • Guest
Re: COD LIVER OIL
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 05:57:20 pm »
ok, thanks grumpybear  :) yup, you can only give echinacea to kids for 10days then rest for another 10days then you can give it again. I only gave it to him so he wouldnt catch my colds. I plan to give it to him again if ever one of us at home gets sick. Its effective naman kase.  :)

gulaysk

  • Guest
Re: COD LIVER OIL
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010, 09:57:37 am »
Hello. It would be nice if someone could share the benefits of taking cod liver oil. I'm interested in trying it with my 4 yr old.

Also, is there any difference between the Scott's Emulsion brand and Nordic Naturals/Spectrum brand? Scott's Emulsion kasi is way cheaper. I think it's only around 300 or 400 in Mercury.

grumpybear

  • Guest
Re: COD LIVER OIL
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2010, 10:06:48 am »
gulaysk, the essential fatty acids in cod liver oil help immune function.
Also, it helps with allergies and eczema.
Scott's Emulsion has been used by generations, if I'm not mistaken. The difference may be in the way it is processed although hindi rin naman ako sure sa specifics nito. But if your child takes Scott's and reacts well to it, I don't think it would matter naman siguro.

gulaysk

  • Guest
Re: COD LIVER OIL
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2010, 09:03:59 pm »
Thanks for the info grumpybear! I'm hoping makatulong ang cod liver oil sa allergies and eczema ng kid ko.

Btw, Scott's Emulsion tastes yummy naman diba? Hindi malansa?

DV

  • Guest
Re: COD LIVER OIL
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2010, 11:04:14 pm »
For children, does this require a doctor's prescription? 

grumpybear

  • Guest
Re: COD LIVER OIL
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2010, 01:46:01 am »
My sister's friend's kids (their dad is a pediatrician) takes Scott's and hindi naman daw malansa. Orange-flavored daw ito.
As far as having a prescription for it, OTC ito but of course it would be wise to let your child's doctor know that your child is taking it. Lalo na if it has high levels of Vitamin A and D because these are fat-soluble vitamins and if your kid is taking other supplements, you have to monitor the intake. There is such a thing as vitamin toxicity.

mrs.jack sparrow

  • Guest
Re: COD LIVER OIL
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2010, 02:05:44 am »
regarding scotts emulsion..if u look at the label ang baba ng cod liver oil contents nya.. tapos ang taas ng sugar  content..

any1 who's breastfeeding  taking cod liver oil? i have a lot of stash pero di ko masimulan kasi baka magcause ng allergic reaction sa anak kong nagbbreastfeed..

grumpybear

  • Guest
Re: COD LIVER OIL
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2010, 03:16:07 am »
^i have a 3mo old and I'm taking CLO. Wala namang negative reaction so far. I also took CLO with my son. When he turned one, siya na pinag-take ko. Although Spectrum naman is pleasant tasting (walang lasang fish at all), I hate the texture. It makes me gag.
I was hoping to avoid it with my daughter but she started having dry patches sa forehead niya and cradle cap so I had to take it. Nag-i-improve na yung complexion nya.

mrs.jack sparrow

  • Guest
Re: COD LIVER OIL
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2010, 03:38:20 am »
thanks sis^

when do u take it? at night or upon waking up? w/ a meal? mine kasi is 1000mg gels.

my boots cod liver oil amoy fish talaga but it doesnt taste anything kasi nga gel naman. i took it while i's pregnant w/ her, hoping to keep the anticipated post partum depression at bay.

she's also 3months old

grumpybear

  • Guest
Re: COD LIVER OIL
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2010, 05:47:47 am »
I take mine at night before I go to sleep, along with my prenatal vitamin.
Sa morning before breakfast, I take GreensPlus and probiotics.

mrs.jack sparrow

  • Guest
Re: COD LIVER OIL
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2010, 12:24:55 am »
^thanks. im taking mine now..

serendipity1800

  • Guest
Re: COD LIVER OIL
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2010, 11:32:37 am »
where can I buy Nordic or Spectrum brands?

lexi_girl

  • Guest
Re: COD LIVER OIL
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2010, 05:11:19 pm »
Bought scotts emulsion at shang mercury kanina. Surprisingly its not that expensive pala! Wala naman sigurong fake noh? Though di nakalagay sa box if its pharmaceutical grade or something. Siguro naman it doesnt have any traces of mercury in it since its a well known brand... ???

jaiaquino

  • Guest
Re: COD LIVER OIL
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2010, 08:49:35 am »
how much did you get it for sis?

lexi_girl

  • Guest
Re: COD LIVER OIL
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2010, 01:34:13 pm »
^around P230 for a 200ml bottle. Good for 2 weeks na yun. Not bad na.

BAISANAN

  • Guest
Re: COD LIVER OIL
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2010, 01:55:42 pm »
sis may ibang flavor ba ng cod liver oil? i try to give my kiddo honey kasi accdg sa frend ko nakakalakas din daw ng immune system  kaso ayaw ng lasa.....liver oil ba ganon din ba ang taste nya?

lexi_girl

  • Guest
Re: COD LIVER OIL
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2010, 08:20:37 pm »
Yung scotts emulsion orange flavor siya. I tasted it and walang malansang taste or any funky taste for that matter.My son liked it naman.

BAISANAN

  • Guest
Re: COD LIVER OIL
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2010, 10:44:17 am »
ah ok thanks sis lexi.....

WandaWits

  • Guest
Re: COD LIVER OIL
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2010, 06:41:20 am »
@grumpybear: what's your dose for cod liver oil?
yung Seven Seas na capsules for adults, grabe naman ang recommended dose.. 2 capsules 3x a day. Ganun ba talaga?

treesyuh

  • Guest
Re: COD LIVER OIL
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2010, 11:04:06 am »
Bought scotts emulsion at shang mercury kanina. Surprisingly its not that expensive pala! Wala naman sigurong fake noh? Though di nakalagay sa box if its pharmaceutical grade or something. Siguro naman it doesnt have any traces of mercury in it since its a well known brand... ???

yup.. that's the SRP for Scotts.. :) hindi siya fake..

my daughter just started taking Scott's Emulsion as well.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close