Author Topic: Surviving the season when you're low on Christmas spirit  (Read 25244 times)

FN Administrator

• Administrator
  • Junior GirlTalker
Surviving the season when you're low on Christmas spirit
« on: December 21, 2009, 09:27:17 am »
Join the discussion about our latest post on Female Network!

Surviving the season when you're low on Christmas spirit
Feeling like a Scrooge? Here's how to manage chronic Christmas crankiness and still have a meaningful holiday.

C'mon, admit it--are you a scrooge? How do you deal with all the holiday activities without biting other people's heads off?

merchee

• I.T. girl and morenang
  • Junior GirlTalker
Re: Surviving the season when you're low on Christmas spirit
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 07:20:26 am »
I was like one the past christmas...and i'm happy to say that I survived :)
Give it time love...the fire feels divine. The sweetest things they burn before they shine...

Visit and follow my space that talks everything about women! :)

http://beestows.blogspot.com/

alinkshel

• now behaving...
  • Super GirlTalker
  • chosen to be otherwise c",)
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 08:06:16 am »
Since this is the first Christmas that my family (dad, me, and bro) is gonna spend without my mom, we'll probably go with the staycation and shopping options.
~=lost star=~ :)

luoxue

• Probationary
    • Diablo 3 Gold
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 02:50:43 pm »
Post deleted. Spammer.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 06:24:50 am by mama squeak! »

mrsonthego

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 12:17:52 pm »
BER months again, yes I'm a scrooge, masyado ng commercialized ang christmas, it's all about the money money and money! Ang daming mukhang pera pag pasko! GUsto ko magtago na lang kasi daming namamasko sakin, kala nila ang yaman yaman ko!!!  :o

missyuko

• Blue Clover Dreamer
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 03:07:30 pm »
I lost my job this November sa exact pang araw ng birthday ko, I quit because they can only offer me a part time teaching every 2nd semester and then I'll be regular again sa da-dating na 1st semester which is not so practical and I have no choice but to venture out in the big city para mag job hunting. May pera ko heck, yeah pero I have to save it pang apply at sa possibleng bayad sa rent sa apartment na lilipatan ko. pero nakapasa naman ako sa civil service ngayun sa 1st take so, still blessed yun nga lang hindi na ko ganung looking forward na magiging merry ang pasko dahil may financial problem din ang family ko ngayun. pero hopefully sana next year hindi na ganito. baka staycation lang ako, movie marathon and stuff sa araw na yun :'(
What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? -Mark 8:36

fashtag

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 03:56:56 pm »
This is a depressing christmas for me.  So many things to do, so little time.  Wala naman humihiram ng money pero understood kailangan magbigay.

diyasharma3489

• Probationary
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2017, 05:39:40 pm »
I wont say that this is a particularly depressing Christmas but I would say it is kind of lonely. I have just moved to a big city at a new office. while there are plenty of happening things all around me it does feel like that i miss my friends and family members on this occasion. The realization that I may never experience what I had before is kind of sad. I dont know how to cope with it. The only positive is that my career is finally moving in the right direction. 

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

• Super GirlTalker
  • Live and let live. Love and let love.
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2017, 09:30:13 pm »
I love Christmas and New Year, it's my favourite holiday/season! As in bata palang ako, maski hinde naman kami well off we celebrate it big, we decorate, we shop, sanay ako na may hawak na pera during this time maski pa konti, I receive and give out gifts, attend numerous parties, mas special or mas madami ang food sa table, I LOVE CHRISTMAS SONGS, and we go to Church as a family (mostly kami lang ng brother and dad ko) the next day (25/1) mamasko sa relatives or a-attend ng family reunion. Masaya kasi walang pasok sa school, later on maski pumasok sa BPO nagawan pa din paraan since meron naman leaves and luckily I was able to file a leave kapag Pasko and New Year at least yung 24, 25 and 31,1. I love everything about the holidays!

Then I went aborad, IN THE MIDDLE EAST, to work!!! Tapos ang maliligayang araw ko!  :-X Of course being an Arab country and working in an Arab company, we do not celebrate Christmas, nor the New Year, super damot pa ng Company (Construction) namin sa holidays kesyo madami daw kailangang tapusing trabaho, we have Eids tho (Al Fitr and Al Adha).

So usually we work on the 24,25,31&1! Sa loob ng 7 yrs twice palang ako nakauwe ng Pinas to celebrate the holidays, since once a year lang kami allowed to have our annual vacation, and iikot at iikot ang Calendar, there are times na summer kami umuuwe or mga low peak season dahil dun tumapat yung ika 13th month namin etc.

Lately, dalawa na kami ng kasama ko sa Dept. so what we did is mag tag isa nalang ng 25th or 1st, usually ako yung papasok ng 1st since mas feel ko maging productive on the 1st day of the year, but even so, ibang iba ang Pasko sa Pinas. Iba pa din when you're surrounded by your family and friends. Maski pa gano karami handa or gifts/money sa abroad, it can't compensate sa longing namin to be "home", thank God I have a husband now and kasama ko sya, mas tolerable na holidays sa abroad. 

Unfortunately this year, mag-isa ako sa work, nasa vacation yung kasama ko so bukod sa nag-work ako the entire holidays, mag-isa pa akong Pinoy/Catholic sa Company ngayon. :-\ We plan to go home next year maski 10-12 days lang (magastos I know, ticket palang eh) but my Father is sick and frail and I want to be with him na and celebrate the holidays na nakakausap pa sya and nakaka kain ng usual naming handa. Praying to God matuloy! 
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 09:36:46 pm by Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore »

funnyjokes

• Probationary
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2018, 12:04:47 pm »
 Commonly we attain confused when we finally hear the exact terms website development service in addition to internet developer getting used interchangeably. But thoughts is broken done looking over this, all your individual confusions may perhaps disappear. Poof!
    happy wheels

plumpolka

• Senior GirlTalker
    • Love Marionne
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2018, 06:59:26 pm »
i dont see xmas decors early ngayon. parang nagdecline na over the years ang pagdisplay ng maaga ng xmas. dec na sila talaga nagsstart mag put-up ng xmas decors... as for the low in xmas spirit, i decided to cook for my family this xmas enough to survive till new year (LOL) para maski 1st holidays na wala ng jowa ulit, busog naman  ;D
Happiness is a choice.
www.instagram.com/love.marionne

HiedraOL

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2018, 09:11:39 pm »
Yes nafeel ko din yan lalo na mga christmas songs na pinapatug tog ang dull na.. Sabi nila the reason why we don't feel the chistmas spirit now coz where getting old, but I don't believe it di ba dahil sa inflation Nagtitipid na mga tao? Lols  :-[

mehndidesigns

• Probationary
Re: best christmas indian tatoo designs
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2019, 06:24:16 pm »
if you want to welcome some thing new  on your hands in the christmas
check out our selection of 100 simple and https://mehndidesign.me for beginners and kids.

heenacruzl

• Probationary
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2019, 10:36:13 am »
Quickly, it will only be a few months before Christmas.
happy wheels

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

• Super GirlTalker
  • Live and let live. Love and let love.
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2019, 08:56:28 pm »
1st holiday season without my Dad, he passed away last Feb.

1st holiday season with my son, he was born last June.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close