watch now

Author Topic: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?  (Read 136096 times)

jiabanana

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #220 on: February 13, 2012, 02:44:35 am »
(disclaimer: I'm a big beauty gadget geek sorry for the long blog-like post hehe)

I initially bought the Skinsonic din mainly because I dint know how my skin was going to react towards bristles and vibration. I was perfectly content with my microfiber cloth mind you, after trying the Neutrogena wave I thought every facial gadget was a gimmick. Skinsonic was going okay, I mean it cleansed well, and served the purpose. I dint really know what to expect then and I don't have anything to compare it to. But I always wondered how the Clarisonic systems fared to it. well.. because let's be honest, it was designed after that. 2008 no one was really paying attention to Clarisonic, 2009 it was sold at Victoria's secret at $99 my sister was telling me. haha. Months after that they recalled the units. When in 2010 madam Oprah listed it in her "things I love" all things broke loose and other companies started making a more budget friendly version.

anyway, coming off from the Neutrogena  Wave, I thought the skinsonic was great! haha pero waley naman kasi talaga yung Wave. 3 months into the skinsonic, I just KNOW I had to change the brush already. And I was honestly taken aback by the price of the replacement brushes.  It's almost as expensive as the Clarisonic ones.

So I asked my friends who had their Clarisonics if they thought it was worth it. They just said buy the damn thing already. lol. and I gave in.

so the comparison:
the skinsonic has 2 double A batteries, so if you're a girl in a go and a travelista, you WILL find this a bit of annoying. I know I was.  haha

power - obviously the skinsonic is 1/4 the cost of the Clarisonic so a comparison will be like a toyota and bmw, it's just a case of what you pay for is what you get. But Clarisonic was THE real deal sonic  technology. I think mainly because it had the built-in powerhouse encased in so it was a constant stream of power. Whereas the skinsonic is powered by dry-cells so its power can be iffy. depende pa kung magandang battery gamit mo, I  experimented on the chipipay batteries you can buy sa tiangge and it was a disaster. haha. I guess you can invest in batteries too.

bristles - the Clarisonic has more give to it and the bristles on the Skinsonic are a tad bit longer so in ways, it can be flimsy. I saw a gtalker selling Clarisonic brushes for 2 for 1,300php.  Whereas the skinsonic sells dati for 800 php now 700 php nalang ata. My thought process was, kung bibili ako ng replacement brushes for skinsonic at that price, why not just totally invest in the Clarisonic because one way or the other I HAVE to replace brushes anyway like a toothbrush it gets worn out and dirty. So that's how I decided and scoured the net for the best price. I was beyond ecstatic when I found sa Beauty Bazaar someone selling the Mia for 4,500 haha.


Needless to say I have 2 systems now. The Plus and the Mia.

sisterly advice: if you're looking for the Clarisonic as a treatment device, you will find yourself bitterly disappointed kasi hindi naman biro yung price diba. It's not made for that, it's an "in conjunction with..." device.   The thing is meant to cleanse the skin and it does a wonderful job at that! I use use Retin-A Micro and Clindamycin and it didn't dry my skin out. 3 weeks into using it I found my skin's clarity increase. Morena ako so when other people say that I'm glowing I'm doing something right. haha. I also tried going without it for a week.. meeeeh.

All in all I was happy with my "skinvestment" as my boss said.

moonstar_004

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #221 on: February 13, 2012, 09:54:59 am »
i've read those reviews too that the clarisonic made their skin worse. mixed reviews talaga e. kaya nga it took me more than a year ata to get one. ;D was supposed to get mia lang, pero naabutan na 'ko ng mia 2, so might as well get the latest.

i've been using it almost everyday for the past week, excited kasi. but i'm starting to skip days na, i'm heeding the advice of many that clarisonic isn't for everyday use, twice a week nga lang daw. me i'm starting to use it every other day.

it's too early to tell if my skin has really improved, 1 week pa lang e. so far i'm ok naman, skin is smooth after using it. no breakouts whatsoever. i'm not acne-prone din kasi, i only get a couple of pimples when it's that time of the month, but they easily go away. problem area ko is my nose with blackheads.

tboupt27

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #222 on: February 15, 2012, 07:09:23 am »
I've been using this for a week and so far no break outs. I'm still using the same product on my face kaya siguro ganun, ang inaalala ko lang talaga is yung brush that could aggrevate my pimples. pero hindi naman siya cystic, mas problema ko nga yung little bumps. but my skin is smoother and whiter now. I'm also using maxipeel solution #2 at night and maxipeel cream at daytime tapos aloe scrub from forever living to clean my face. So far yung mga maliliit kong bumps sa lower cheeks nawawala na. gusto ko pati sa clarisonic, hindi ako nagbobonggang peeling because of maxipeel.

correct me if I'm wrong. diba ang order is forehead, two cheeks and the last is nose and chin area? tia!

ay masama ba na everyday gamitin yun?  :-\

moonstar_004

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #223 on: February 15, 2012, 08:54:29 am »
^yung sa mia 2, 20 secs for forehead, 20 secs for nose and chin, then 10 secs each for cheeks. but you can alter the order naman, same lang naman na magiging 10 secs for each of the last 4 parts.

tboupt27

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #224 on: February 16, 2012, 03:27:21 am »
^thank you sis!  :)

gusto kong itry yung deep pore cleansing brush. san kaya pedeng bumili nun? thank you!

artegirl

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #225 on: February 17, 2012, 10:04:14 pm »
ay masama ba na everyday gamitin yun?  :-\

Ako I use my Clarisonic everyday.  Parang I can't live without it anymore.  kaya kahit mga overnight out of town trips lang, I still bring my Clarisonic =)

tboupt27

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #226 on: February 18, 2012, 07:57:32 am »
^tama ka sis. its a lot way different na without our clarisonic.

i read in one review na bawal daw gumamit ng abrasive products like scrubs sa clarisonic. aloe scrub pa naman gamit ko. kung sabagay, facial scrub na nga ang gamit plus tapos gagamit ka pa ng clarisonic hehe. pero sakin naman okay naman ang outcome.

foxymom

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #227 on: March 12, 2012, 05:23:03 pm »
mga clarisonic girls. i want to get the clarisonic mia. have a few questions though:

1. can i use it after my shu eumura cleansing oil? i like how the oil removes my make up :D

2. do i really need the diff speed settings? i initially wanted the mia only, but since mia 2 is available, is the 2 speed setting worth the additional price?

3. how big is the box? is it somewhat similiar to bare escentuals complete set box?

thanks all :)

rhumbafrapp

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #228 on: March 13, 2012, 09:31:00 am »
I can attest to the effectiveness of the Clarisonic

I have the Mia, i got it here sa beauty bazaar for 4500, super good deal :)
My skin is not that 100% flawless, i have bumps, pero no active acne, maybe 1 or 2 when it is the time of the month
I felt that clarisonic really did clean up my pores, then yun mga bumps ko, maybe na "palabas" niya, so now, talagang very minimal nalang yun bumps

Parang some are are selling it for 5000-6000, i know a bit steep, lalo na siyempre you pay for it in 1 go, but my advice is this: think of it as an "appliance", you do not buy the cheapest naman since you want quality, just think  nalang na you pay a certain amount of money per month, for it. say 6000, for  12  months you pay 500 a month,  para it wouldn't hurt much. I  just went it for a facial once nalang, since i got Mia, that is to avail lang of something i paid for dati para di naman sayang. The aesthecisian did not have a hard time removing skin gunk, very minimal lang daw, she said

foxymom

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #229 on: March 13, 2012, 09:54:08 am »
^thanks sis!

is it okay to get the mia only? what is the use of the 2 settings of mia2?

rhumbafrapp

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #230 on: March 13, 2012, 10:44:47 am »
Sis i cannot compare e, i have only the  Mia (first mia, i guess) :) Yun akin on and off lang e, hehe. Pero i am super satisfied na

My sister pala she was so convinced, she also got one.  :)

poshprincess

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #231 on: March 13, 2012, 11:09:08 am »
mga clarisonic girls. i want to get the clarisonic mia. have a few questions though:

1. can i use it after my shu eumura cleansing oil? i like how the oil removes my make up :D

2. do i really need the diff speed settings? i initially wanted the mia only, but since mia 2 is available, is the 2 speed setting worth the additional price?

3. how big is the box? is it somewhat similiar to bare escentuals complete set box?

thanks all :)

I dont have the MIA but i have the Plus (which also has diff speed settings).. I use a faster setting when i want to deep cleanse(in conjunction with the pore somethin brush) on weekends.. but im pretty sure u can do that with the normal setting.. i just do that coz my clarisonic has that option.. :)

and yes you can use the clarisonic after the shu cleansing oil.. that's what i do!
remove makeup/emulsify with the shu cleansing oil, then follow it up with clarisonic + philosophy purity combo.. you'll be surprised when u look at the brush that there's still a lot of gunk that the shu oil cant get rid of :)

maddie

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #232 on: March 13, 2012, 12:43:38 pm »
I would say the clarisonic is worth it for me. My sister and I bought it but her skin is acne prone so the results was different on hers whereas with me I noticed my skin became smoother and I don't feel those bumps in my face. It also forced me to thoroughly clean my face every night. Before I used to use it two times I day but I felt it was too rough to do it like that so I switched to using it every night before going to bed. I switch to the delicate brush when it was time for replacement.

KaraVT

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #233 on: March 13, 2012, 07:04:04 pm »
At first, it worked fine.  Very good at cleaning make-up off.  But after 3 months, I noticed my face had a lot of warts.  Ayon - my derma said I got the warts epidemic from using the claronic.  Kainis!!!!

jiabanana

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #234 on: March 14, 2012, 04:49:12 am »
^ that's why I make sure I change my brush every 3 months for sanitary reasons..  :D

Almost a year with my Clarisonic Mia and I wont be going back.  ;D

foxymom

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #235 on: March 14, 2012, 08:09:17 am »
Sis i cannot compare e, i have only the  Mia (first mia, i guess) :) Yun akin on and off lang e, hehe. Pero i am super satisfied na

My sister pala she was so convinced, she also got one.  :)

thank you! will get one na nga ;)

marsh_candy

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #236 on: March 14, 2012, 09:54:15 am »
i supposed to get one 2 yrs ago.. sobrang mahal pa. My friend had it, i tried.. sabi ko ok, got it. Dumaan ako sa watsons, may cheap brush, binili ko, and i tested it.. parang same lang sila ng bristles though mas maliit, battery operated. And ive been using it for 2 yrs, smooth pa rin after using and im still very satisfied with it. No breakouts. Clean, clear, smooth face :)

rae

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #237 on: March 14, 2012, 10:28:01 am »
Manual brush?

What really keeps me from buying this is kelangan mo talaga magpalit ng brush.

krnc

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #238 on: April 24, 2012, 11:28:49 pm »
hi, my clarisonic plus is arriving tomorrow. and i am so excited. i have spent months of researching where to buy this. i was totally frustrated as i found many websites selling Clarisonic but they don't ship here in the Philippines. and i don't have any friends or relatives abroad, so  I was very happy when i found this local reseller. they do it in a pre-order processing. anyway, i just wanna share with you guys how excited i am. and i would be very happy to give you a feedback if i will or will not work for me. :) although i have a fair skin, i mean, i have no major skin problems in the face like acne, cystic pimple and the likes. but i have whiteheads in the chin area and minsan meron sa cheeks, but very minimal lang. i am looking forward for the absorption of my creams and toners after using this product. i am hoping for a clearer skin. i bought the clarisonic plus because it has body brush. i have whiteheads in the back and chest area. they are not visible but i could feel them, so again, i am hoping this could help me with it. :) i'll be giving my feedback in 2-3 months. :)  ;D

update: my PLUS has finally arrived! yipeeeeeeyayowwww!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 03:17:56 pm by krnc »

be_pretty

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #239 on: April 28, 2012, 12:59:28 am »
What local reseller is that? Can u give us the link? Thanks.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close