watch now

Author Topic: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?  (Read 136112 times)

iamjoei

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #160 on: June 21, 2011, 01:41:21 am »
I got the Limited Ed Mia as a christmas present:
http://joooeeei.blogspot.com/2010/12/christmas-loot-bag.html

Despite what everyone says that they break out after using it, that never happened to me. I have super sensitive skin. SUPER. To the point that Im allergic to some hypoallergenic stuff. But my skinwas fine with thr Clarisonic.

I use the Clarisonic with the cleanser that came with the set. Its pretty huge so even after half a year, di pa ubos. I dont clean my face before using it (only my eye area if ever I have eye makeup on). I think it defeats the purpose to clean your face before using thr Clarisonic and it might dry your skin out.

I think Cetaphil would be a good soap to use if you dont have the Clarisonic cleanser. You can also use that to clean your brush after washing. I also remove the brush after every wash and pat it lightly on a towel to dry it a bit. Then I let it air out separate from the Clarisonic unit itself.

The reasons I think that might cause the breaking outs or the allergies are:
1. Using it too often (I use it once a day with the sensitive brush)
2. Not cleaning the brush after every wash (hence the bacteria build up)
3. Pressing down too hard while using
4. Using soaps which arent gentle or those with whitening or microbeads or whatever effects.


morbiedoll

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #161 on: June 21, 2011, 04:14:00 am »
our celebrity clients use CeraVe more than Cetaphil. It's more moisturizing for the use w/ Clarisonic daw.. I have yet to try..

poshprincess

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #162 on: June 21, 2011, 06:44:35 am »
mag-shshare din ako!

Been using the clarisonic for almost a month (i got the clarisonic plus!) and I have to say that I am in love with it and a lil obsessed if I may say so.. I rave about this to all my friends and officemates who unfortunately doesnt have a clue what I am talking about.. hehe

The plus came with the sensitive brush head but I had the bf pick up the delicate brush heads for me as well.. since I have super sensitive skin!

as in! i am terrified in trying other facial stuff kasi i breakout almost instantly.. and because of this, I never tried the cleansers that came with the clarisonic. I never dared.. hehe.. I stuck with my Philosophy cleanser and used it with the clarisonic/delicate brush combo..

I use this combo once a day when I get home.

Here's my usual routine  :
1. use eye makeup remover (if I have eye makeup)
2. use facial wipes (1 lang, just to get rid of some of the oil/grease)
3. apply philosophy cleanser directly to my dry face
4. wet my face a little
5. wet the clarisonic brush and shake off excess water(so it doesn't drip :) )
6. use the clarisonic na in the default setting
7. rinse face and pat with face towel
8. clean the brush head using the dr. bronner castille soap (para no staining)
9. put clarisonic back to the cradle and let the brush dry  separately on a towel.

yes, it takes more than a minute but it's no biggie for me.. since my main concern in getting the clarisonic is not really to shorten cleansing time but to clean my face better.

i think one of the reasons why people chose to remove their makeup before using the clarisonic is to minimize,if not to prevent, the brush from getting too stained.

oh, in case anyone's wondering, i didn't breakout when i started using the clarisonic.
and i have also tried the sensitive brush head and i think it was alright, but I just feel more comfy using the delicate brush.



blooming

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #163 on: June 21, 2011, 09:26:43 pm »
sis poshprincess and iamjoei - siguro for me, since I wear makeup, I need to remove it first before using clarisonic.  i tried not removing it, di ko alam kung tama gamit ko, but hindi lahat natatanggal, coz I tried using eskinol after, may makeup pa face ko. So I thought better to just remove my makeup with my usual Cetaphil.

^ sis, natawa ako sa comment mo on no dripping. yan kasi ang never ko nabasa - sa lahat ng reviews na nakita ko (at least 5!) haha.  Pero I really struggled ha, with the dripping, and worse, dripping pa with facial wash - ang sakit sa mata!  :'(


poshprincess

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #164 on: June 22, 2011, 01:23:32 pm »
^ haha.. i had that problem at first too.. but there was this one youtube video i saw saying that  u have to shake off the excess water before using it to avoid dripping.. it worked naman.. hope it'll work for u as well :)

ycka29

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #165 on: July 06, 2011, 11:35:33 am »
finally!! just got my clarisonic PLUS from sis WickedWitchOfTheWest!! :) Thanks so much!

I'm excited to try it na! backread muna ko on how to properly use it. hehe.

iamjoei

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #166 on: July 07, 2011, 12:52:04 am »
Sis Blooming, ah ya. If may eye make up dapat tanggalin talaga muna :) Well, sabi kasi ng Clarisonic they can remove make up BUT I think its better to wash your face first para di madumi kagad (and maluma) your brush :)

blooming

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #167 on: July 09, 2011, 08:42:36 am »


After using it a couple of weeks every afternoon/night, I noticed na medyo humapdi ang lower chin area ko.  Ang gawa ko kasi, facial wash sa face then use clarisonic.

Just this week, I tried putting on my facial wash on top of the clarisonic brush, then tsaka i-spread sa face ko.  And so far, better sya for me.

I cannot say that it is life-changing for me as people claim.  For me it is an ADDED 2min routine sa paglinis ko ng face everday.  It does not replace on what I used to do, pero at makes me feel that my face is cleaner every night. :)

ycka29

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #168 on: July 13, 2011, 11:20:10 am »
Does it have an indication that the handle is fully charged already? Like, the lights will stop blinking or what.

The manual only indicated how many hours it should be charged e, it didn't say how to know if its fully chraged na.

jiabanana

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #169 on: July 13, 2011, 12:07:27 pm »
All lights must be lit up and not blinking

ycka29

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #170 on: July 13, 2011, 03:33:58 pm »
^ooh.thanks sis. Yung first charge ko kasi more than 24hrs already pero blink pa din ng blink. I unplugged it tuloy. Anyhow, hintay ko nlang mag full on my next charge. Heheh. Thanks!


blooming

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #171 on: July 17, 2011, 07:34:30 am »
^ dapat ok na. 24 hours first charge, tapos succeeding ones is 18 hours.

am happy that I got the Mia.  Kasi una una I was thinking of buying the Clarisonic Plus. While the Plus looks promising, I really doubt I will have the time to use it everyday.

Romina

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #172 on: September 12, 2011, 02:06:27 pm »
I just purchased the Clarisonic Plus.. i of course got the pink one. Coughed up $195 for this sucker! Teehee! I will be recieving it next week. And i am dying of anticipation already.

jiabanana

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #173 on: October 07, 2011, 03:18:30 pm »
I'm curious sa new system nila... For acne. Must try. ;D

luicute1012

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #174 on: October 10, 2011, 12:50:03 pm »
wow may thread din pala nito hehe

tboupt27

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #175 on: October 10, 2011, 01:33:58 pm »
im eyeing on this one since 2009. nakauwi na ako sa pinas at nakaalis di pa din ako nakabili hehe. sana pala isinabay ko to nung pinabili ko kay h2b [textspeak!] epilator last week. lolz.

san po ba nakakabili nito sa pinas and how much? tia!

sweet_ghie

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #176 on: October 16, 2011, 12:37:05 pm »
Do you really have to charge it for 24hours before you start using it?

orangepix

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #177 on: October 16, 2011, 03:37:33 pm »
Do you really have to charge it for 24hours before you start using it?

Yes :)

tboupt27

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #178 on: October 16, 2011, 04:33:32 pm »
wala akong makitang online site na nagppre order ng clarisonic. i have a cousin in australia, baka dun na lang ako papabili 369aud tapos padala ko na lang dito sa nc.

ning kuting

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #179 on: October 19, 2011, 01:35:58 pm »
Yung replacement brush heads ba pwede sa lahat ng types ng Clarisonic (Mia, Pro, Classic)?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close