watch now

Author Topic: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?  (Read 135784 times)

ur_prettyprinces

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2011, 08:52:39 pm »
^thanks for the reco sis :) will pm the seller in a while na nga! hehe... I'll be more into skin care din kasi now, rest muna sa mok up :D excited waaaah!!!

mo27

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2011, 01:13:57 pm »
I saw a new product called DDF Revolve 400x and it is being compared with Clarisonic. Based on some reviews, they use this in conjunction with Clarisonic, natetempt tuloy ako bumili. Price is $95 USD  ;D

Quote
The Clarisonic oscillates back in forth and works with your skin's elasticity to deep clean and remove makeup (For those of you who own a Clarisonic, you can shine a flashlight on it to see the bristles move back and forth). All of the different systems have either a charging dock or outlet. The only Clarisonic that you use with an actual physical exfoliating cleanser is the Clarisonic Plus system, which is recommended for the body.

The Revolve 400X is intended to give you the results of having an actual microdermabrasion from a dermatologist office for a fraction of the cost. The Revolve 400X brush head rotates continuously and is battery powered. Of course, depending on the skin type, the polishing crystals are only used at night with the sponge tip applicator 2-3 times a week. Use with your favorite (non-abrasive) cleanser the rest of the time and use a sunscreen during the day.

http://www.beautybar.com/products/DDF-Revolve-400X-Micro-Polishing-System-101081

Reviews:
http://answers.sephora.com/answers/8723/product/P263924/questions.htm?page=2&sort=answers&dir=asc
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=134621/REVOLVE_400X_Micro-Polishing_System/DDF/Treatments

ur_prettyprinces

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2011, 02:16:08 pm »
hala ano ba yan! may bago nnman!!! :-\

loise

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2011, 04:07:23 pm »
Hi Ladies, it's been a while since my last post. :D Here to provide my two cents:

First, a little background:
I have been on tretinoin/glycolic treatment since I was 18 (I am now 31). Part genetics, part adolescence, part hygiene yung breakouts ko. It was so bad that for a few years in college I refused to look at myself in the mirror. So, I tried Nuderm Supreme + Glycolic sessions from Dermclinic which worked for a few years then its effectiveness declined. So for the last ten years I have been experimenting with various regimens from the cheapest to the expensive. Desperate, eh.

The one that proved most effective was:
Day
Philosophy Purity Face Wash
Chanel Precision SPF 50/PA+++

Night
Philosophy Purity Face Wash
ManilaDerm Clyndamycin Toner
Philosophy Help Me (Retinol)
Philosophy Hope in a Jar (Extra-rich)

Weekly
Philosophy Microdelivery wash (the one in the orange tube)

Monthly
Glycolic Treatment in ManilaDerm

On Clarisonic:
I have researched the Clarisonic intensively before buying, comparing to the regimen that I have now. I got the MIA since I travel a lot and I don't intend to use it for the body. I use it every night for 1 minute. Since using the MIA, I have basically saved on my monthly glycolic treatments (this was 1500/pop). I have not gone since using the MIA. So if you calculate it:

Cost and Maintenance of MIA for the first year:
Unit at USD 119 (I got it from Amazon) = PHP 5117
Replacement heads at USD 75 (25 each, replace every 4 months) = PHP 3225
Total = 8342

Cost of Glycolic Treatments for one year:
Glycolic at 1500 per session, 12 sessions a year
Total = PHP 18000

I am basically saving around 10K a year because of the MIA. It's easy to use and I love it to bits. It's not a miracle tool, though. It just provides intensive cleaning. It allows the face products to absorb better so you won't need as much. So my conclusion is if you can justify the cost kasi it's really beneficial to you, then go ahead. But if you have good skin and you don't have a 'desperate' regimen like mine, it's just a nice to have.

And, yes. I can now go out in public without makeup. :D
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 04:08:55 pm by loise »

WickedWitchOfTheWest

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2011, 06:43:32 pm »
^I'm a user and seller of clarisonic mia and I must clarify that use of mia does not equal to glycolic treatments. At best, it gives your skin that ultimate clean feeling and softness and allows products to penetrate better, but not as well as glycolic solutions.  :)

sheenaQ

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2011, 08:38:39 pm »
wow! gusto ko yung 'deep cleansing' !!!! I want!! hehe..
[textspeak!] po bang difference nung MIA,Plus, and Classic??? yung speed options lang ba?
I have good skin naman,I think,a little dry on some parts,oily on the nose lang!! but what I'm really concerned is yung pores ko sa nose!! nose lang talaga,kaya pag may foundation,pag tingin ko sa mirror parang may mga crater sa nose ko!! hindi naman talaga siya actually super enlarged,but gusto ko kasi yung "refined" and ''poreless' just like yung sa mga artista(hihi) ang kinis ng ilong...at ilong lang talaga napansin ko???!! kasi diba deep cleansing din helps with the unclogging of pores?? I also wanna try M2 skin refinish....kaya i wanna try this..

M!ssy

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2011, 01:57:43 am »
Anong difference neto with other Facial brush like Olay, Revlon, etc.?

jiabanana

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2011, 03:25:10 am »
^ the clarisonic oscillates rather than revolves (Olay, Revlon)

oscillating follows the movement of the skin, while revolving sometimes causes stress to the skin that'll lead to losing skin elasticity over time.  :)

loise

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2011, 12:35:34 pm »
^I'm a user and seller of clarisonic mia and I must clarify that use of mia does not equal to glycolic treatments. At best, it gives your skin that ultimate clean feeling and softness and allows products to penetrate better, but not as well as glycolic solutions.  :)

Yep, I totally agree. It is not a miracle tool and it is not meant to replace glycolic treatments. I am lucky that I have proven to myself that I do not really need glycolic treatments, despite what numerous dermatologists have told me. Saving money is always good.

Mrs_H

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2011, 02:10:17 pm »
i love my mia, i use it 2a day :)

M!ssy

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2011, 04:08:46 pm »
Ayan i want one na! Padagdag ng padagdag lemmings ko dito sa GT!  ;D

Ngayon ang 'problema' ko..i want Mia because its compact..not that i go out a lot but incase i needed something i can just stash to my stuff, i think this is perfect..but isa lang speed nya right?
Eh i want PLUS naman because i can use it sa body and i LOOOVE bodyscrubs, body polish or anything that can exfoliate my skin..But kinda bulky naman sya to travel with.
Hindi ba pwedeng ilagay sa mia ang brush for body? Or too light ang movement ng mia for body cleansing?  :-\

morbiedoll

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2011, 05:24:01 pm »
^ I have all three. Mia, Classic, PLUS.

The Mia's going to be your best bet if you want something compact and just throw in your weekender bag. Yep isa lang speed niya which is I think the medium one. The body brush is built for the PLUS & PRO lang eh. I also tried jamming it in the Mia (--what girl wouldn't want a small gadget that'll do it all diba? haha) & classic but it just won't fit. sadness.

The Plus naman you can find lots of use with 3 Speeds, 2 timers & the body function (normal or pulse). I gave one to my tita who's preggy and she uses it on her tummy pag kinakati yung tyan niya haha.

I use it for my body naman sometimes on the soles of my feet too if I want a DIY foot spa.  :)
Also if you're one who's into hair removal (shaving, waxing, epilating) it'll give a cleaner smoother finish.

it's not travel friendly. I've gotten a few weird looks during customs check with it. lol.

but hey whichever one you choose will be a winner. :) ;)

M!ssy

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2011, 05:29:39 pm »
Parang ang gastos naman if i get mia and PLUS..but i really want To use it sa body and i want it compact too!!  :D

morbiedoll

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2011, 05:41:21 pm »
^ if you want it compact, you can get the "Normal" brush head nalang to use with the Mia + your favorite body scrub/polish, there's also the new "Deep pore cleansing" brush head. It's definitely a step up from the "Sensitive" one. That's what I do when I'm going to be away for a while.  You'll still get the exfoliation you need but you just have press the button when the minute's up.  ;D

The cradle with the plus is a bit bulky din kasi. With the Mia naman you have the pLink charger lang.

shopaholic18

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2011, 10:38:50 pm »
i need to use this quite often now, i just had facial with diamond peel awhile ago and they said if i can't skip wearing make up, wash face thoroughly, sometimes i skip using clarisonic kasi if i'm in a rush.

Mrs_H

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2011, 11:47:35 pm »
morbiedoll: how much yung mga brush head? So i can switch naman brush head kahit mia lang yung sakin dba?

morbiedoll

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #96 on: May 17, 2011, 02:16:43 am »
^yep all face brush heads fit ALL models of Clarisonic... They are $25 din $40 for duos... If you register your clarisonic on their site they'll give you a coupon :)

crunchymyx22

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2011, 10:32:47 am »
padating na Plus clarisonic ko... yehey!

mo27

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2011, 11:38:16 am »
^^sis morbiedoll, are you having another preorder? :) i registered at the clarisonic website but the $25 coupon can only be used for US addresses.

girlalou

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2011, 01:57:26 pm »
hi sisses... i just bought mine last night... its really diffrent if you wash ur fash using ur bare hands compared to this tiny brush. i have an open pores and lots of blackheads.. so i really need this. I bought the clarisonic plus so i can scrub my body too.

Lets wait for a week.... :) ill post an update soon

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close