watch now

Author Topic: Educational Plans, practical pa ba?  (Read 94519 times)

caterpillar-girl

  • Guest
Re: Educational Plans, practical pa ba?
« Reply #180 on: September 12, 2015, 01:09:20 pm »
Manulife recently launched this educational plan, called Education Builder. I don't know the details but baka some of you mommies might want to look into it.

missFB

  • Guest
Re: Educational Plans, practical pa ba?
« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2015, 11:40:10 am »
ako scholar ng CAP, thank God at nagamit ko siya noong College days ko bago naubusan ng pondo..  ;D

Now, meron ako VUL under Pru Life for my daughter and UITF pandagdag savings :)

rikki21

  • Guest
Re: Educational Plans, practical pa ba?
« Reply #182 on: September 17, 2015, 10:12:44 am »
Thankful that I found this thread. I really need to save money na pala for my child's education. I have 8 yr old kid, and planning to have another one soon. I need to have at least 10M pala for college fund for my 2 kids!
Hubby and I have Sunlife VUL, I also have MF and stocks, but starting to build it up palang.
Im still thinking if I will open educational plan for my child or like someone suggested here, put it on MF or stocks nlang.   

m_lim

  • Guest
Re: Educational Plans, practical pa ba?
« Reply #183 on: September 23, 2015, 10:40:28 am »
okay ba gawing college fund ang Mutual Fund? what is after 15 years, down ang market?

or within that time frame, impossible naman hindi lumaki ang pera mo?

xee

  • Guest
Re: Educational Plans, practical pa ba?
« Reply #184 on: November 16, 2015, 02:39:23 am »
Hi mga sis I have a 10 year old daughter and in 7 years, she will go to college (due to K-12) I'm a bit too late na to prepare for my daughter's college plan but still I want to do it now sana hindi pa huli ang lahat. I'm considering getting VUL based sa mga nababasa ko pero hindi rin kasi ako fully aware how it works, let's say I avail a new one, in 7 years ba pwede na ko makatanggap ng funds for her? Or may iba ba kayo ma recommend? Please help to enlighten mga sis TIA

caterpillar-girl

  • Guest
Re: Educational Plans, practical pa ba?
« Reply #185 on: November 17, 2015, 10:22:22 am »
m_lim, I think 15 years nag accumulate na funds mo by then. I started a college fund for our child na rin, and I'm just 7 months pregnant now. I put it in UITF. Hopefully by 18 years lumago na sya.

^ I wouldn't put it in VUL if I were you. I'd put it in other inflation beating instruments, not VUL. Usually in VULs (at least not the single payment ones, not sure how the single payment ones work), 10 years pa bago mag "grow" yung pera mo, kasi napupunta yung premiums sa insurance the first few years, so kung 7 years lang lugi ka pa. Pwede ka "makatanggap" ng something, but mas mababa pa sa mga binayaran mong premiums. But that's just me.


xee

  • Guest
Re: Educational Plans, practical pa ba?
« Reply #186 on: November 17, 2015, 09:33:58 pm »
Sis caterpillar-girl what other instruments ang pwede? MF or anything else?

m_lim

  • Guest
Re: Educational Plans, practical pa ba?
« Reply #187 on: November 23, 2015, 03:19:26 pm »
^^thanks sis!

yes, wag ka mag VUL kung 7years lang.

from my experience w/ VUL, 5th year ko ngayon but wala pang 1/3 ng mga nahulog ko ang value niya.

Len0523

  • Guest
Re: Educational Plans, practical pa ba?
« Reply #188 on: June 15, 2016, 11:32:03 am »
Meron bang Philam Agent dito for Educational Plan?

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Educational Plans, practical pa ba?
« Reply #189 on: June 26, 2016, 09:46:32 pm »
Apart from our VULs, my daughter has a trust fund that she'll be able to use when she turns 18. Every month, we also set aside funds for her school tuition and other needs so that we have something liquid for her that we don't need to take out of our savings account.

martiella

  • Guest
Re: Educational Plans, practical pa ba?
« Reply #190 on: July 03, 2016, 02:54:56 pm »
Sis, ano yung trust funds na kinuha mo sa kids mo? Share it naman.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close