watch now

Author Topic: SINGAPORE THREAD PART 5 NA ITO!!!!  (Read 187435 times)

amnesia

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE THREAD PART 5 NA ITO!!!!
« Reply #240 on: March 01, 2010, 04:19:41 pm »
^ Teka. Pag dito pa kayo?

Sige ba ayusin natin yan. Dapat kumpleto tayo =)

How's your first day sis tonette815?

tonette815

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE THREAD PART 5 NA ITO!!!!
« Reply #241 on: March 01, 2010, 10:04:54 pm »
^ ok naman sis medyo nakakalula lang kasi i am supposed to concentrate on cost estimation and i am totally new to the printing industry pero interesting naman siya so hope mahiyang ako sa work. thanks for asking.

ask ko lang mga sis who has tried pierre cardin na mga bra? durable ba siya? ngayon ko lang kasi nalaman na they have bra's pala since sa pinas puro lang panyo ang nakikita ko with that brand... sana may makapag share

also how do i check my balance on my globe roaming? for some reason ayaw pumasok kasi sa website ng globe

pink

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE THREAD PART 5 NA ITO!!!!
« Reply #242 on: March 01, 2010, 10:12:09 pm »
^Sis tonette815, if you have questions or problems with your roaming you can send it to Globe via twitter. http://twitter.com/talk2GLOBE Ang bilis ng reply nila.

pinkpotato

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE THREAD PART 5 NA ITO!!!!
« Reply #243 on: March 02, 2010, 09:08:44 am »
KARLA we are going home to the Phils for H's birthday di ba? sa 13 ha.

sis Tonette kayang kaya mo yan! go go lang!

wag ka buy BRA ng pierre cardin. bumili ako kasi feeling ko okay naman ang name pero mas matibay pa ang AVON. ginupit gupit ko sa inis! :) dami naman lagi sales. ganda pa din ang Triumph.

amnesia

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE THREAD PART 5 NA ITO!!!!
« Reply #244 on: March 02, 2010, 11:20:25 am »
^Ay oo nga pala! =) Enjoy! Uwi daw kayo ng Bacolod sabi ni Rhanni. See you sa 13.

QUESTION - Kailangan ba dito mag apply ng Business License if someone is doing Online Selling?

blooming

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE THREAD PART 5 NA ITO!!!!
« Reply #245 on: March 02, 2010, 08:04:25 pm »
Hapi, triumph din ang the best for me!  best for Asians talaga sya.

Happy trip pala, enjoy kayo!  Advance happy birthday narin kay Hershey!  :)

tonette815

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE THREAD PART 5 NA ITO!!!!
« Reply #246 on: March 02, 2010, 09:33:18 pm »
oks buti na lang di ko sinibukan bumili ng pierre cardin was going to experiment on it pa naman sana. oo nga triumph din is one of the brands i really buy na curious lang ako kasi sa pierre.

happy birthday to hershey. taga bacolod pala kayo hapi? halong!

yapeegurl

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE THREAD PART 5 NA ITO!!!!
« Reply #247 on: March 03, 2010, 05:28:09 am »
nahuli nako sa balita pero sige.. next time na lang tayo mag SGters EB.. LOL.. overtime ako this sunday.. at mas maganda kung halos lahat or lahat present diba?

mami violy

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE THREAD PART 5 NA ITO!!!!
« Reply #248 on: March 05, 2010, 10:55:56 am »
karla if u were opening buss online depende kung san mo gusto itayo ang ofc ng buss mo pero kung dito SG siempre dito ka dapat mag apply ng buss permit.

xtine

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE THREAD PART 5 NA ITO!!!!
« Reply #249 on: March 06, 2010, 09:22:28 am »
SG sisses, just want your honest opinion on this:

I have been applying recently in SG and got an offer of $7000 a month (I am an IT consultant kasi).  Although I do want to bargain for a higher price since I know that I can get a much higher amount.  Anyway, is SGD7000 enough for a single girl maluho (clothes, gimiks) like me?  The salary must also be sufficient enough to send money to the Philippines (SGD1000 a month) and other living expenses.    Thanks TIA since this will be my basis if I will grab the offer or not.  Incidentally, i will be the ones shouldering the living expenses like rent, utilities, transpo.  Thanks!

tonette815

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE THREAD PART 5 NA ITO!!!!
« Reply #250 on: March 06, 2010, 10:43:43 am »
^ sis it really depends on how much you usually spend on your 'luho'? and try to compare how much pay get with your current job is it higher? if its higher than the equivalent of 7k sgd in peso and sakto lang sa expenses mo ang current salary mo then 7k will not be enough...  i think na discuss na before ng mga sis natin ang living expenses nila dito sa sg am not sure lang if its part of this 5th thread though  :)

xtine

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE THREAD PART 5 NA ITO!!!!
« Reply #251 on: March 06, 2010, 10:53:01 am »
^Oh ok.  Thanks for answering sis.  I'm not naman that maluho.  Twice a month gimik and out of town here in Philippines and spur of the moment shopping but not in expensive boutiques kind of luho. :)  I'm just contemplating if the salary is worthy enough to give up my job here in manila (my current salary is I can say above average here).  Although my main purpose is to live independently but I'm not sure though if that amount will cover sending money to manila and the expenses there in SG.  I'm not sure if SGD7k can have have 'extra' for little luho.    I heard, cost of living there is comparable to San francisco, CA. 

I have already been to SG but for two days only.  And honestly, I see Burger King is already priced @ P150 (for a single meal, the cheapest).  I just don't know if 7k is already a very low salary there.  Thanks!

xtine

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE THREAD PART 5 NA ITO!!!!
« Reply #252 on: March 06, 2010, 10:53:55 am »
^Baka kasi when I get there and eventually accepts the job offer, i would find out na sobrang nalugi pala ako.  Thanks again for answering. :)

blooming

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE THREAD PART 5 NA ITO!!!!
« Reply #253 on: March 06, 2010, 11:32:10 am »
^ sis, malaki kasi ang range ng 'luho'.

ang masasabi ko kasi ang mahal dito is kung gusto mo magstay sa condo and magdrive ng sariling kotse. car rental siguro mga S$800/month (assuming di ka muna bibili), tapos condo malapit sa city for a pad (for yourself lang walang room mate) siguro mga S$3k/mo.

Masasabi sila ang mga mahal.  Mga gimmik naman, twice a month, you can spend S$100 up easily depending on the places you go kasi. Shopping spree, hmmm, depende din.  shoes, puedeng S$30 pag sale pero can go up to S$100 depende sayo yan.

other than that, food is cheap (para sakin ha). S$5-10/meal lang, or minsan sabihin mo nang S$15.  Pero kung resto punta mo, S$30. 

spa and parlor mahal (for me ha).  Pag say monthly ka mag paspa, around S$60-80 ang massage.  pedicure at least S$15, but can up to S$50-80 for foot spa and pedicure.  Parlor ganun din, simpleng gupit lang around S$15 pero kung highlights rebond etc mga S$150-S$250

it really depends kasi talaga. I suggest you come here for a week to see for yourself kung kaya ang 7k. with the above ito estimate ko monthly -

money home                 1k
rent                              3k
transpo                        1.2k (gas ang parking pa) pero kung commute ok na S100-S$150/month
food                              1k (busog na busog ka na dito am sure :) )
gimik shopping               1k (100/wk for gimik at 100/wk for shop), w parlor spa
utilities                          500
(celphone, landline, internet,cable, electricity)

total 7,700/mo. pero kung hindi ka magkokotse, 6,700/mo. so I guess kasya ang 7k, sakto nga lang kung gusto mo ng maluho na lifestyle.

mukhang subject ka rin ata sa tax, so try to see din what's your net take home.

cecilydee

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE THREAD PART 5 NA ITO!!!!
« Reply #254 on: March 06, 2010, 11:36:46 am »
sis xtine, for me ok na ok na yang offer lol although yun nga i have fewer experiences than you kaya papatulan ko yan lol :) that's enough for me to keep up with my luho hehe.

xtine

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE THREAD PART 5 NA ITO!!!!
« Reply #255 on: March 06, 2010, 12:23:55 pm »
@Blooming Mukhang luho girl ka rin ah. ;) Thanks a lot sis! Although, I'm not keen on owning nor driving a car.  I don't drive din kasi.  I know how efficient the SMRT is in SG, as well as the buses.   Also, I would rather look for a pad shared by 2-3 peeps.  But not naman in far areas away from the city proper.  Anywhere near my work is ok.  Also, my take is that I go home every month.  Am I already planning mga friday night flight to Manila and going back to SG every end of the month (weekends) just to be with family.  I think there are lots of cheap airlines if booked early.  I'm going to send din money to my family (around SGD1k a month).  I do hope the salary would be enough to cover for all of these.  If not, I'd rather do bargain with the HR again to give me 1k or 2k higher than the said amount.  :)

@cecilydee Are you also into SAP?  I do suggest getting more experience kasi a lot of friends are asking me how the h*ll did I get an offer while wala nag reply sa mga applications nila sa SG.  My close friends are not into IT kasi kaya its really hard to get a job if not related to Info tech.  :)

I do hope to see myself living independently and working in SG someday. :)

blooming

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE THREAD PART 5 NA ITO!!!!
« Reply #256 on: March 06, 2010, 02:35:24 pm »
^ sis, hanggang canvas lang ako.  ;D  kasi di pa kaya ng puso ko eh! hehe

like for parlor, kung gusto mo sa may pangalan, puede ka umabot ng S$300.  parang nagpunta ka satin sa Tony & Guy.   Kaso nakakainis kasi based sa experience ko, mahal na palpak pa. :(  Pero kung monthly naman uwi mo satin, puede ka na pa-parlor dun.
for the spa, simpleng massage lang ang <S$100, pero pag top of the line, massage puede umabot ng S$150, not to mention pa ibang ka ek-ekan, puede ka umabot ng S$200/visit.

for restos naman, sa Manila, ewan ko kung may lugar na aabot ka ng P5k/head na meal.  Kung baga everytime you enter an expensive resto, more or less alam mo hindi ka aabot ng ganun.  Pero kasi dito sa SG (even sa HK), you have to be careful. Or baka di lang ako ganun ka familiar. pero kasi their expensive restos can have the sky as the limit kasi. puede ka abutin ng S$200-300/head (may 1 time nako na experience hehe). kaya tama nasakin isang beses. haha  I would assume may iba can go up pa.

mura dito food and utilities (internet, cable, landline), even kuryente compared to Manila. water is expensive (mga times 3 satin).  pag dating sa transpo, mura and efficient din ang buses.  I prefer buses kesa MRT (kulob tsaka laging may mga mabaho kasi inside :-\ )

anyway, na excite lang ako kasi ang ganda ng first offer mo.  good luck sis!



xtine

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE THREAD PART 5 NA ITO!!!!
« Reply #257 on: March 06, 2010, 03:02:01 pm »
^Ahh! ganun ba.  So good na pala sya? :D wow! I am so excited.  Akala ko nagoyo ako doon sa salary. :p 

Thanks for the rundown on the expenses. :)  I pay kasi utilities here in Manila.  And when I transfer to SG.  I pay not only utilities here at home but for my own utilities as well.  At least I know na enough na sya to give up my current job.  Medyo naghahanap na rin ako ng ibang environment but not to far from home (manila) and SG is the perfect place. 

In terms of restaurants, I guess I have to get familiar with SG first (mga hawkers nalang muna :D) If I already know the pasikot sikot and gain friends na, I might have an idea where the best to eat.  :) Parlor, mukhang dito nalang sa pinas.  3 times a year lang ako magparlor, basta maganda ang wash and wear na gupit, carry na! Super thanks sis Blooming.  You're a big help in decision making. :)

blooming

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE THREAD PART 5 NA ITO!!!!
« Reply #258 on: March 06, 2010, 03:54:00 pm »
^ antay ka pa comments ng iba.  1 yr palang kasi ako dito sa SG but mas marami kasi mas matagal na. so am sure mas marami pa silang inputs. :)

tonette815

  • Guest
Re: SINGAPORE THREAD PART 5 NA ITO!!!!
« Reply #259 on: March 07, 2010, 11:39:48 am »
sis xtine good luck  sa pag decide mo... it seems naman na based on your reaction to sis bloomings inputs your not that 'maluho' naman. as long as kaya mo mag adjust sis am sure their offer is quite good na. just started here lang din kasi kay can give rate tulad ni sis blooming :D hehe mukhang busy ata iba nating sis di pa nakaka comment... hehe

galing mo naman SAP ka pala... mataas nga ang rate sa inyo... so if you can bargain more and they give in why not din.. more blessings ;)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close