watch now

Author Topic: tokyo  (Read 151558 times)

greyzie

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #400 on: August 29, 2012, 01:02:36 am »
sis cheaca and sis gorgeous_me, how many days target ninyo? and san ninyo balak pumunta? 50K is more than enough if you'll stay sa mga hostels or business hotels na me breakfast na. personally, half the fun in travelling is the planning tapos mas nakakatuwa if ma-experience yun place with as little expense as possible (nakakasira lang ng budget yun shopping :) )
 

cheaca

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #401 on: August 29, 2012, 09:42:27 am »
Sis gorgeous_me: Solo travel lang ako kasi wala makakasama sakin during that time. I got my ticket for less than 4k nung nag promo cebu pac last year. I  grabbed it at once. hehe Sanay din ako mag DIY kasi sa Europe and HK DIY lang kami ng family ko lagi. Kelan mo sis plan pumunta? Kung pupunta ka ng November, pwede tayo magsabay. :)

Sis greyzie, thank you for asking. I have 8 days for my Japan trip in November. Kaso lang gabi ang dating ko sa Osaka kaya parang I only have 7 days in Japan. I plan to take the sleeper bus to Tokyo when I arrive para tipid na sa hotel ng isang gabi. Tapos I might stay in Tokyo for 3-4 days. I want to see the typical tourist spots and Tokyo Disney Sea (night pass) lang in Tokyo para naman nasabi ko napuntahan ko sila. I also want to go to Sanrio Puroland. If time and money allow. I just want to experience the Tokyo life minus it's expensive price tag.

Tapos ang dami ko nababasa na pupunta ng Kyoto so parang gusto ko na din doon pumunta. hehe I'm afraid kasi I won't appreciate visiting temples and it would be an added cost to but I really feel like it's a must do when you're in Japan so naguguluhan ako. hehe I really want to go to Japan for the food, pop and kawaii culture, anime and a bit of shopping (makeup, second comics, etc.).

Any suggestions, comments and reactions will be most welcome. TIA!  :) :)

gorgeous_me

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #402 on: August 29, 2012, 10:57:16 am »
^sis cheaca, november din ang flight ko, hehe, mas mura ang plane tix mo :) nagabasa p din ako, ang target ko osaka-kyoto-nara-osaka, ittry kong isingit yung tokyo, kasi gusto ko din puntahan yung sanrio puroland, hehe

sobrang lamig na ba non? sa SK non, malamig na, tolerable naman, pero malamig pa din, hehe

lheimatte

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #403 on: August 29, 2012, 02:13:03 pm »
Hi!

Baka naman po meron pwedeng ishare...

1.  We plan to go to JP sa early week ng Mar (alis ng Feb 28 dito), ano pong weather sa Osaka/Tokyo at Mt Fuji?
2.  Meron na bang nakapag stay sa Hotel Chisun Shinsaibashi? at kung meron pang pwedeng iadvise na hotel sa Osaka, pashare naman po.
3.  Anong hotel ang okay sa tokyo for 2N?
4. If punta kami ng Mt. Fuji sa Mar 2, anong weather kaya nito?
5.  Anong must see places sa Kyoto at Nara?

Thanks Thanks!

greyzie

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #404 on: August 29, 2012, 03:19:30 pm »
^
1.  In between season, medyo malamig pa rin.
2.  I've tried Hotel Chuo OASIS, mga 3 minutes walk sa JR station.
3.  Sa Tokyo, ok ang Sunroute but there are other cheaper hostels like Sakura.
4.  Hope & pray for a good weather, pag in-between seasons kasi minsan rainy. Tapos si Mt. Fuji, minsan hindi nagpapakita.
5.  Kyoto: Kiyomizu dera, Kinkakuji (Golden Temple), Heaian Shrine, Fushimi Inari.
     Nara: Nara Park for the Deers, Todaiji Temple (Biggest Buddha in Japan) and other World Heritage sites.

@sis cheaca, please don't miss kyoto! it's inexpensive naman because they have the city bus pass (around 500 yen) ride all you can, so, good for the whole day of sightseeing na. the entrance for the temples are around 300-500 yen but there are some na free. must see are the kiyomizu-dera (try the Love Stone), kinka-kuji, heian shrine (from the movie lost in translation), fushimi-inari (need to ride JR na but worth it). Tapos Kyoto Station mismo is very interesting...


lheimatte

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #405 on: August 29, 2012, 03:47:37 pm »
Thanks Sis!  5D lang travel namin and I was trying to figure out how we can do the Osaka-Tokyo-Mt-Fuji-Kyoto-Osaka travel. 

Not sure if worth it to spend almost P50k to see Tokyo and Mt Fuji for 2 days (JR Pass and Mt Fuji tour).  Torn pa rin ako... meron bang affordable flight na Manila-Narita mid next year kasi if ever don ko na lang spend yung 50K na pwedeng kahit 4D ma-enjoy namin...

Hay, pero Hubby wants to see Mt Fuji... actually birthday trip ko sa kanya yun Mar na flight namin...

Confused talaga ako. :-\

achie0829

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #406 on: August 29, 2012, 03:54:01 pm »
Hello Sisses, para sa mga nagapply sa Friendship tours ng visa, did they call you or texted you nung may result na?

katiztic

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #407 on: August 29, 2012, 07:32:44 pm »
Hi sisters,

I'm off to Tokyo next month for a business trip. Sa tingin I should extend 1 day or gawin ko ng 2 days ang pagikot sa tokyo? I will DIY the 1 or 2 days, and I just plan to go around. ano ba ang must-see sa tokyo in 2 days?

also, ano yung mga touristy places na walang entrance fee?

tia!

cherrynaval14

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #408 on: August 29, 2012, 07:38:10 pm »
I spent p65K last year for osaka-tokyo trip last nov. 2011 including the plane fare (8 days and 7 nights). We visited fujiko f. fujio museum (doraemon museum) tokyo disneyland, tokyo disney sea and universal studios osaka. we also visite dkaiyukan aquarium, shinsaibashi street, amerika mura street, ebisubashi and dotonbori in osaka. for tokyo, we visited asakusa, harajuku, shinjuku, tokyo tower, ebisu and odaiba. we tried the willer express for night bus trip from osaka to tokyo and vice versa. for our daily travels, we used icoca card in osaka and suica card for tokyo. we booked at booking.com (hotel grand umeda for osaka and hotel nihonbashi villa for tokyo). The hotel accomodation cost for P2,500.00/per night for two persons. I also used the friendship tour for our visa application. I received a text from them after two working days.

cheaca

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #409 on: August 29, 2012, 07:58:29 pm »
Yan din ang hinahanap ko, yung walang entrance fee. I found this very useful page that lists down all the free things we can do in Tokyo. http://www.tokyoessentials.com/free.html

Kwento ka sis pagbalik mo. :)

cherrynaval14

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #410 on: August 30, 2012, 01:54:48 pm »
hi achie0829! The message was "your visa is already for pick up". I submitted it on saturday morning and received a text from them at tuesday afternoon.  The countries I visited at that time were Singepore (twice), hongkong, macau and malaysia. I completed the documents required like latest ITR, certificate of employment, bank certificates, japan itinerary and email of reservation for hotel and plane fare.maybe, you need to have at least P100K in you bank account.

s h e i l a

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #411 on: August 30, 2012, 06:12:19 pm »
Try nyo mamili sa 100 Yen shop (hyaku yen shop), daming abubut na pwedeng bilhin pwede na din pang pasalubong. It's all over the place hindi mahirap hanapin.

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #412 on: August 30, 2012, 09:28:50 pm »
Hello Sisses, para sa mga nagapply sa Friendship tours ng visa, did they call you or texted you nung may result na?

yes they will text or call you if may result na

cheaca

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #413 on: August 30, 2012, 11:17:27 pm »
Sis greyzie, I won't miss Kyoto na talaga. I get the feeling na if I don't go it's like going to Rome without visiting the Vatican. Malapit-lapit lang naman siya sis sa Osaka diba? Pwede na day trip lang. Kasi sabi ng Japanese student ko dapat daw mag 2 days ako. :) Thank you sis for including all the must see's and the fees, I really appreciate it.

Sis cherrynaval14, thank you sis for sharing your itinerary. Super helpful siya kasi yung iti mo yon din yung nasa basic plan ko for my Osaka-Tokyo trip.

To be honest, may structure na yung iti ko kahit papano because of you mga sis. Thank you so much! :)

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #414 on: August 31, 2012, 12:27:16 am »
^kyoto is a must-see talaga. it's my favorite city in japan. next is tokyo then osaka for the food =)

achie0829

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #415 on: August 31, 2012, 01:18:27 am »
yes they will text or call you if may result na

Thanks Sis Vhanya.. sasabihin ba nila agad sau sa text or call  yung result? or they will ask you to go to their agency muna bago sabihin yung result?

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #416 on: August 31, 2012, 01:54:58 am »
Thanks Sis Vhanya.. sasabihin ba nila agad sau sa text or call  yung result? or they will ask you to go to their agency muna bago sabihin yung result?

you can ask naman kung ano yung result =) sasabihin naman nila

indigo.tulle

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #417 on: August 31, 2012, 02:54:17 pm »
@cheaca:  when in november would you be going (mid-month? end of the month?)  should be autumn season and you just might see the fall colors!  sobrang kakaiba, seeing orange, yellow and red leaves, especially in kyotoa area.

Maybe the JR Kansai West Pass can save you?
http://www.jr-odekake.net/en/jwrp/kansai_wide.html

p.s.  Off topic but saan cheapest Europe tickets?  :D



@lheimatte :
March is their winter-spring season and freezing ang hangin, and may times, the unpredictable weather, maulan.  you need to wear layering + outerwear. last early april, we were still wearing gloves and wool cap (colder in Osaka).  about 8-10 degres that time.

If budget is not so constrained, check out Kusatsu Onsen (no english here) or Hakone for one-of-kind japan onsen experience!  Need to have JR Pass though para sulit. 


See Japan-Guide.com for must-see places so you can get to choose the one to fit your interests. :)


P.S.  There's a discount of 5% if you book your Agoda hotels via BDO credit card.  The link to use is with the BDO website.  :)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 02:57:52 pm by indigo.tulle »

gorgeous_me

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #418 on: August 31, 2012, 03:04:48 pm »
wow, 3rd week ako ng november pupunta, sana timing na timing ako sa foilage, hehe
kaka-excite naman, sa dami ng places sa japan, ang dami kong binabasa, hehe

question pala, kapag nagdadala kayo ng money, US dollars or yen na, marami bang money changers don, specifically sa osaka?

greyzie

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #419 on: August 31, 2012, 03:55:29 pm »
^the airport money changers have better rates..

wala pa yun schedule nila for koyo this year pero to give you an idea, here's their report last year:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2014.html

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close