watch now

Author Topic: tokyo  (Read 151719 times)

foxy_girlfriend

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #340 on: April 18, 2012, 02:37:54 pm »
^I usually found them around the major train stations. Some are big and some are just like hole in the wall with glass and aluminum estante that contains the tickets on sale.

What's the station nearest you?

vanity fair

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #341 on: April 18, 2012, 06:13:04 pm »
^Pupunta pa lang ako ngayong May.  I'll be arriving in Narita & i booked a hotel in Shinjuku.


vanity fair

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #343 on: April 19, 2012, 03:10:56 pm »
^^ Thanks for the links :)

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #344 on: April 22, 2012, 03:47:50 pm »
Our trip is in 3 weeks yay! I'm so excited :D it'll be our first time in Tokyo and I'm sure we'll love it!

TuscanSun

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #345 on: April 26, 2012, 01:41:54 pm »
disney sea of tokyo is amazing. it is also fun to do people watching as they visit disney in their own costumes... even the older ones.

cind3r3lla

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #346 on: May 11, 2012, 02:31:36 pm »
hi...

dapat bang magdala ng adaptor for charging mobile phones when going to Japan? for mac and ip4?
ano na weather ngayon dyan, sisses?

thanks,
mai

indigo.tulle

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #347 on: May 15, 2012, 04:00:13 pm »
depends what kind of chargers (us or asian?) of apple are you using?  we have the same outlets with japan. :)

you can check weather online or google for the 10-day forecast of the weather. hth. 

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #348 on: May 15, 2012, 05:59:41 pm »
^^we arrived 3 days ago and it was all nice and sunny... not too cold and not too warm either. but today is a diff story - raining and windy! Tomorrow naman is cloudy with 20% chance of rain :)

tsokoholic

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #349 on: July 06, 2012, 02:19:55 pm »
hi mga sis!

I'm excited to go to Tokyo! I will be there between Aug 26 - Sep 1.  I just got my visa yesterday and I already booked 3 nights (Aug29 to Sep1) at a hotel inside Disneyland. My problem now is where to stay and what to do from Aug26(afternoon)-29(morning)! Hahaha!

Maybe you have suggestions on which area I should stay? Here's a rough itinerary that I have, please feel free to comment & suggest:

Aug 26 - 2pm | Arrive at Narita
Aug 26 2pm onwards| <blank>
Aug 27 8am to 9pm | Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi packaged tour
Aug 28 9-2pm | Puroland or Sky Tree
Aug 28 2pm onwards| shopping @ Shibuya/Harajuku
Aug 29 12pm onwards | Odaiba (AquaCity (odaiba shrine) Rainbow Bridge, Statue of Liberty)
Aug 30 Sep 1 | Disneyland, Disneysea

PS - solo traveller ako

foxy_girlfriend

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #350 on: July 06, 2012, 05:44:13 pm »
sis san ang pick-up point mo sa 27th? I suggest around that area ka na kumuha ng hotel, hostel, backpacker's inn or capsule hotel. try to explore around the area where you will spend the night sa 26th. check out their drugstores for beauty products, eat at a ramen shop, eat street food or eat sushi

about your aug.29, I always start early sa Odaiba kasi andaming pwedeng puntahan like Fuji Tv, Venus Fort, Toyota Mega Web depends on your interest. Sa Decks may showroom ng latest Sony products. From Tokyo, entry point namin usually is Shimbashi JR station sa baba non may eat all you can yakiniku and sushi + drink bar for 1000+ yen lang. pero may time limit 1-1.5H lang. maraming kumakain don pag weekend. pag weekdays siguro mas konti.

How about a peek at the imperial palace sa 28th?





tsokoholic

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #351 on: July 06, 2012, 09:14:31 pm »
^
maraming choices for pick-up sa tour on the 27th. the latest is at 9am at Hamamatsucho bus station. May option din for pick up at various hotels, one that I remember is at Shinagawa Prince Main tower.

Weird man to say this but I don't eat sushi, kahit maki hindi ko type. Haha!

Thanks for the Imperial Palace idea, would you know how long that visit would take? Any special tickets or appointment that I need to make?

Can you recommend a good place to stay in Shimbashi? I think I can work around that area? Oh, and do you suggest that I stay around the Yamanote line? Medyo natatakot kasi ako lumayo from the major areas (Shinjuku, Shinagawa, Shibuya) kasi baka mawala or malito ako sa mga subways.

Thanks again sis!

greyzie

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #352 on: July 07, 2012, 01:26:01 pm »
i suggest you stay somewhere in shinjuku.. sunroute hotel is a good choice na. mga 5 mins walk from shinjuku station.

http://www.hotelsunrouteplazashinjuku.jp/en/

xomgx

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #353 on: July 07, 2012, 05:53:18 pm »
Go to Shibuya, Harajuku and Omotesando! :)

tsokoholic

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #354 on: July 07, 2012, 07:01:27 pm »
Sis greyzie, i booked a room at that hotel last night! Haha  :)
Anything special to do in this area? Walang breakfast na kasama yung room so it would help me if you could point out a place or two where i can eat nearby.

sis xomgx, i'll look up omotesando. Thanks!

Has anyone visited the tokyo skytree? Any comments?

vanity fair

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #355 on: July 07, 2012, 09:17:55 pm »
I stayed in Sunroute Hotel Shinjuku last June.  Ang daming pwedeng kaininan in that area, the Japanese resto right beside the hotel isgood & cheap.  There's a Segafredo & Mc Donalds din.  We tried their buffet breakfast, it was around 750 pesos.  It was ok, but it was not a big spread.  Half of the breakfast food was Japanese... Tip:  Study the subway exits, meron kasi na exit nasa tabi lang ng hotel but the main exit nearest would be the southern terrace exit.

greyzie

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #356 on: July 09, 2012, 02:33:07 pm »
May Krispy Kreme & Starbucks around Southern Terrace (tawid & akyat sa hagdan hehe...)

Napapalibutan din ng malls ang Shinjuku Station so, marami din kainan :)

Then, sa side ng Sunroute Hotel,tawid lang din and maraming izakaya. Just be very careful lang at night kasi pag lasing mga japanese, they literally don't know what they're doing na.

sweetie28

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #357 on: July 14, 2012, 12:15:19 pm »
mga sis ask ko lang kung magkano lang ang limit na dapat dalhing money dollar or yen palabas sa atin, and saan magandang magpapalit ng peso to yen, planning to go to tokyo by october, sana nga lang maapproved visa  :) ,thanks

gorgeous_me

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #358 on: July 19, 2012, 11:14:06 am »
planning to go solo this november, kelangan ko na atang magbasa, safe kaya to travel solo in japan?

foxy_girlfriend

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #359 on: July 19, 2012, 11:37:18 am »
^generally yes

^^equivalent to $1000 or mga 100,000yen

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close