watch now

Author Topic: tokyo  (Read 151764 times)

toocrazy

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #280 on: January 15, 2012, 03:40:32 pm »
i'm headed to Tokyo in Feb and i KNOW i have to be in winter wear... but how do i manage my airport outfit?

1) mainit pa to wear the winter stuff here in Manila
2) at the same time i want to keep my handcarry light

what to do?

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #281 on: January 16, 2012, 12:17:00 am »
bring a coat. handcarry mo. =)
when I went to japan first week of march last year, i wore skirt, tights, wool top, scarf and boots to naia lols!

then when i arrived in japan, i wore na my coat which i hand carried. may gloves din sa handbag ko =)

greyzie

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #282 on: January 16, 2012, 11:36:24 am »
yup, handcarry lang the coat, muffler and gloves. warm pa naman sa loob ng airport at sa loob ng mga trains or buses. mafe-feel mo yun lamig pag nasa labas na and train platforms... happy trip, sis!

toocrazy

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #283 on: January 16, 2012, 11:01:46 pm »
^^ how thick were your tights? someone said that even at three tights lamig na lamig pa rin sya... wah eh ginawin pa naman ako!

^ thanks greyzie! all expenses paid my Tokyo trip (including pocket money) and super surprise sya. happy na ako talaga. :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 09:59:10 pm by toocrazy »

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #284 on: January 17, 2012, 08:47:44 am »
^ thick enough. buy the thermal tights from M&S. also buy thermals na rin. feb anglamig nyan as in!

indigo.tulle

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #285 on: January 30, 2012, 12:43:47 pm »
layering sis. :)  just make sure your clothing has the following basics- wool cap (better if it can cover your ears), gloves and socks.  dito kasi pinaka prone sa lamig ang body. 

prettybarbie

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #286 on: February 17, 2012, 12:43:46 am »
when is the best time to go to japan....yung hindi masyado malamig and hindi rin masyado mainit

simplykristine08

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #287 on: February 17, 2012, 12:52:16 am »
^ spring sis! April ata sya. Para makita mo din si sakura :)

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #288 on: February 17, 2012, 09:20:52 am »
yep spring nga. just got our visa! sakura season alis namin wuhoo!!!!

purple_bear_hugs

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #289 on: February 17, 2012, 11:12:48 am »
am here in Narita since yesterday,at first light snow pa lang,but when i looked out of my hotel room,this morning everything is blanketed with snow!  :)....ganda pero sobrang lamig! eh am not too fond of using the heater pa naman kasi nakakadry sobra ng skin...

@sis prettybarbie,i think around springtime would be the best time to come to Japan kasi not too cold and not too hot either,and if you're lucky baka maabutan mo pa ang cherry blossoms,which blooms for a short period of time lang...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 11:17:54 am by purple_bear_hugs »

CoolChick

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #290 on: February 18, 2012, 03:28:11 pm »
Hi ladies! I will be going to Tokyo for 3 days. Actually dapat overnight layover lang sya before I head home pero pinaextend ko na sya para makaikot. I arrive on Tuesday night. I actually don't have any concrete plans as to what to do and where to go. I tried to do a little backreading. Meron bang mga tour groups that I can join when I get there? I plan on joining a tour the first day and then go around on my own the second day. Any suggestions on what I shouldn't miss na restaurants? I'm staying in Century Southern Tower Hotel in Shibuya dahil malapit Lang sa trains. Would riding a cab from the airport be too expensive? :)

toocrazy

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #291 on: February 18, 2012, 06:46:45 pm »
^ DO NOT take a cab from the airport!! take the train. mamumulubi ka if cab. as for restaurants, well, technically it's not a restaurant but try to go to the Ramen Museum in Shin-Yokohoma. it's a little out of Tokyo but the ramens are to die for. look it up. :)

CoolChick

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #292 on: February 18, 2012, 07:18:42 pm »
Thanks sis sa tip! Naku, ang dami ko pa man din luggage kasi galing akong Manila pauwi na. How about yung mga shuttles ok kaya yun?

I will try to do the Ramen thing if time permits. I just don't know where to go for dinner. I wish I can do more research pero sobrang bagal ng Internet namin. :) . Is it easy to use credit card every where? :)

toocrazy

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #293 on: February 18, 2012, 07:55:46 pm »
^ better to have cash. major boutiques and restaurants would have credit cards but easier to have cash on hand. also, change quite a bit of money when you're at a money changer. hindi ganun kadali makakita ng forex.

i guess the shuttles would be your next best bet if sobrang dami mo ngang luggage. i just don't have an idea how to arrange when you get there. my transfers were pre-arranged kasi when i went :)

talkinme

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #294 on: February 18, 2012, 08:12:36 pm »
Sis , don't worry about ur luggage may mga coin locker sa mga train station, [textspeak!] mga ¥100-200 [textspeak!] , sa restaurant naman since sa Shibuya ka, so many resto dun from ramen, sushi or international cuisine, and may Starbucks din dun , sa day tour naman kuha sa airport na nga pamphlet para dun especially Hato bus tour popular yan sa mga tourist, hope you enjoy your stay here..

CoolChick

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #295 on: February 19, 2012, 11:27:34 pm »
^ Thanks Toocrazy! Naku, sayang I didn't have that much USD left with me so I am thinking I might need to use the ATM. How about ATMs easy to find? How did you prearrange your transfers? :)

^^ Thanks rin sis! Talkinme, my friend did mention about lockers sa train station. They must be big enough for big luggages? Safe naman sila? Is the train station close to the airport? I will check out the Hato Bus Tour. Sobrang medyo last minute kasi lahat because I didn't have that much time to plan things before I left for my trip to Manila.

talkinme

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #296 on: February 19, 2012, 11:52:59 pm »
Sis pwede mo rin iwan luggage mo sa airport may mga coin locker din dun , kunin mo na lang the day of your flight back.

toocrazy

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #297 on: February 21, 2012, 11:46:32 pm »
^ Thanks Toocrazy! Naku, sayang I didn't have that much USD left with me so I am thinking I might need to use the ATM. How about ATMs easy to find? How did you prearrange your transfers? :)

ATMs are available at 7-Elevens. as for transfers, when i travel kasi i have a travel agency that fixes all my transfers from airport :)

hulawho

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #298 on: February 22, 2012, 09:39:21 am »
where is a good hotel to stay in tokyo? im looking at hotel sunroute plaza shinjuku, pero fully booked na sila sa date of arrival ko. :(

foxy_girlfriend

  • Guest
Re: tokyo
« Reply #299 on: February 22, 2012, 11:06:25 am »
^how about Hotel Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close