watch now

Author Topic: Australia thread 55  (Read 159602 times)

lalei

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 55
« Reply #440 on: July 06, 2010, 11:31:49 am »
^Na-sad ako for him.  It takes a lot of grace to keep his word and step down without fight.  I actually think he's done a good job keeping Australia afloat during the recession. 

I haven't gotten into that mindset of Liberal vs. Labor yet.  Sa akin, kung mahusay kang mamuno, kahit anong partido ka pa, you get my vote.

I was actually for Liberal kahit wala akong idea sa lahat ng pinu-push nilang policies. Pero I think Rudd really did a great job and it was not a good ending for him. I think he was not given the respect that he deserves.

lalei

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 55
« Reply #441 on: July 06, 2010, 11:39:53 am »
Girls curious lang ako especially sa mga may kids dito. How do you cope with all the household chores? Hati ba kayo sa lahat ng gawaing-bahay ng mister nyo? Minsan kasi parang susuko na ko sa pagod sa trabaho at sa bahay tapos may anak pang gusto mong mabigyan ng quality time.

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 55
« Reply #442 on: July 06, 2010, 01:35:52 pm »
^Hi! My husband and I don't have kids yet but we both work full time hours and live by ourselves (obviously lol). We do share the household chores. Every saturday morning, we clean the house. I clean the bathroom and toilets, he vacuums the whole place and wipes everything that needs to be wiped. On sunday, I iron clothes and we do our grocery shopping for the first part of the week. Friday is our laundry day. Pag nagluluto rin kami, katulong ko sya magluto. He likes chopping and slicing, I wash the dishes na nagamit nya and I cook. While I'm cooking, he washes MY dishes naman.

femmy_steff

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 55
« Reply #443 on: July 06, 2010, 01:45:15 pm »
gusto ko po sanang mag aral sa australia. undergraduate po ako ng college dito sa pinas. yung bro in law ko permanent residence na sya sa australia at yung tita at tito ng husband ko. hindi po namin alam kung [textspeak!] mga requirements at kung papano magstart. sana po may makatulong sakin. thanks

La Vida Dulce

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 55
« Reply #444 on: July 06, 2010, 01:48:38 pm »
^^ We deal with them ad hoc ;D I'm in law school and hubby is also in university (and we work) so we're really busy. We usually do our laundry on weekends, I cook almost every night, he washes up (most of the time anyway), but we sometimes do not have time to clean the whole house in one go, so minsan he'd vacuum and tidy the house one day, then I clean to toilet and bathroom one day. Admittedly there are times talaga (especially exam periods) when dishes pile up and the house gets really messy. Buti na lang we don't have kids yet and rarely have people over.

Pero my parents allocate Saturday mornings to do the cleaning, when my siblings are sleeping in, then Dad does laundry on Sunday mornings. I think that's why I never got influenced to be anal with household cleanliness, because I never saw them clean, as we'd still be sleeping when they do it! :P

lalei

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 55
« Reply #445 on: July 06, 2010, 02:34:00 pm »
Sis Cha,

Naku, sana may ganyan din kaming arrangement kaso hindi. I probably should really work out a schedule kung ano ang dapat gawin ng isa at hindi lang salita. Nakakapagod din naman kasi mag-utos. I don't want to nag pero ayoko din naman na ako lang ang ta-trabaho sa bahay. Hindi naman ito Pinas na may katulong sa bahay.

lalei

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 55
« Reply #446 on: July 06, 2010, 02:41:07 pm »
gusto ko po sanang mag aral sa australia. undergraduate po ako ng college dito sa pinas. yung bro in law ko permanent residence na sya sa australia at yung tita at tito ng husband ko. hindi po namin alam kung [textspeak!] mga requirements at kung papano magstart. sana po may makatulong sakin. thanks

Hi femmy_steff,

I suggest you visit IDP Australia (http://www.philippines.idp.com/). Ang office nila sa Pioneer House malapit sa Greenbelt 1 at Enterprise along Paseo de Roxas. Basa ka na rin sa www.immi.gov.au. Kung mag-aaral ka dito para maka-migrate make sure na ang kukunin mong course ay highly demanded dito kaso iyon nga lang malaking gastos kasi mahal ang tuition fees ng international students sa university.

Good luck!

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 55
« Reply #447 on: July 06, 2010, 03:02:47 pm »
^^lalei, baka pwde mo mtrain si hubby? I don't like nagging too but there was a point din na talagang I told my husband that he needs to help out and he can't wait for me to say something pa before he actually does them kasi we're both tired from work so he doesn't really have an excuse.

There's a line by Jennifer Aniston in the movie The Breakup na pinaulit ulit ko sa kanya "I don't want you to wash the dishes, I want you to WANT to wash the dishes!" ;)

mi_kayla

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 55
« Reply #448 on: July 06, 2010, 04:04:02 pm »
I was actually for Liberal kahit wala akong idea sa lahat ng pinu-push nilang policies. Pero I think Rudd really did a great job and it was not a good ending for him. I think he was not given the respect that he deserves.

that's politics. Labor wants to assure it self that they have a chance at the coming elections. the lost a lot of votes with that mining tax. paano pa ba magpapabango right? they put Rudd to power, they can take it away.

NurseOnDuty

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 55
« Reply #449 on: July 06, 2010, 07:09:26 pm »
hi mga sis. may nurse po ba dito sa thread? baka pwede po magshare ng tips paano ko makapag work as a nurse sa aussie. thanks in advance. :)

iluvcheesecake

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 55
« Reply #450 on: July 07, 2010, 03:55:00 am »
hi peeps, ask lang po, we are going to australia on aug 28 till first week of september, any suggestions on where to go?? were planning to travel from brisbane to sydney, to canberra... any suggestion for hotels? nice and affordable hotels probably 3 star below... thanks! what exciting tourist spots we can go to for 8 days of stay in australia? any information will be appreciated.. thanks in advance.. mwah

lalei

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 55
« Reply #451 on: July 07, 2010, 10:58:49 am »
^^Cha, kelangan ko ata mapanood yang the Breakup. Maghahanap na ko ng kopya. Will check first with our library. Para makalibre. Kung bakit kasi ang mga lalaking Pinoy ang thinking ang gawaing bahay ay para sa mga babae, nagta-trabaho din naman tayo katulad nila.  Gagawa na rin ako ng chores sched nya para walang angalan. Good luck na lang sa kin how it will go.

si_ako

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 55
« Reply #452 on: July 07, 2010, 02:45:46 pm »
^hi Sis lalei, i think you need to discuss it with your hubby and make a division of labor.  I understand, I have kid too and it was really hard for me during those weeks after we left the Phils.  syempre iba yung nakasanayan natin where yaya/maids are just there to help us, ang dami pa lang trabaho sa bahay and i just realized this nung andito na kami sa Aus. even if you keep the home organized, hindi pwedeng hindi mag set ng schedule for a general cleaning most esp the bathroom, cabinets etc.  si hubby sanay sa buhay abroad so most of the time i depend on him but im trying to learn as well para hati naman kami sa gawain. im working part time at the moment and hopefully pag full time e kayanin pa rin. although minsan naiisip ko pa rin yung buhay sa pinas=)

snow25

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 55
« Reply #453 on: July 07, 2010, 05:11:52 pm »
^sis lalei, kausapin mo and explain to him na nahihirapan ka.  You really have to teach him paunti unti.  Before ganyan din hubby ko.  Pero now at least nagluluto siya and washes dishes.  Pero I still have to monitor and remind him from time to time.  Kasi minsan hindi tama or half cleaned lang ginagawa niya.  Nung umuwi nga ako nung weekend, sobrang kalat ng bahay and I had to clean the house before ng flight ko.  I reminded him again and told him I'm disappointed with him.


prisma

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 55
« Reply #454 on: July 07, 2010, 10:39:36 pm »
hi peeps, ask lang po, we are going to australia on aug 28 till first week of september, any suggestions on where to go?? were planning to travel from brisbane to sydney, to canberra... any suggestion for hotels? nice and affordable hotels probably 3 star below... thanks! what exciting tourist spots we can go to for 8 days of stay in australia? any information will be appreciated.. thanks in advance.. mwah

check out Hotel formule 1, its super basic but cheap.

Ok na siya because its clean.

lalei

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 55
« Reply #455 on: July 08, 2010, 07:53:35 am »
^sis si_ako, buti ka pa, sanay na hubby mo at least hindi ka na ganon kahirap. Minsan kasi ang nakakainis din [textspeak!] linis ka ng linis tapos sya nakaharap lang sa computer. Umiinit talaga ang ulo ko non. hehe.. Wala na din siguro akong pasensya kung minsan.

sis snow, naku, ilang ma-diplomasyang pamamaraan na ata ang ginawa ko eh. Konti pang tiis siguro ako at kelangan itong next strategy ko eh umubra na. 

mi_kayla

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 55
« Reply #456 on: July 08, 2010, 10:49:58 am »
^^ Admittedly there are times talaga (especially exam periods) when dishes pile up and the house gets really messy. Buti na lang we don't have kids yet and rarely have people over.


everyone goes through that. hehe. exams here are like building an engine. every part counts and most often questions are integrated.

mi_kayla

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 55
« Reply #457 on: July 08, 2010, 10:54:28 am »
^Hi! My husband and I don't have kids yet but we both work full time hours and live by ourselves (obviously lol). We do share the household chores. Every saturday morning, we clean the house. I clean the bathroom and toilets, he vacuums the whole place and wipes everything that needs to be wiped. On sunday, I iron clothes and we do our grocery shopping for the first part of the week. Friday is our laundry day. Pag nagluluto rin kami, katulong ko sya magluto. He likes chopping and slicing, I wash the dishes na nagamit nya and I cook. While I'm cooking, he washes MY dishes naman.

mahirap din may sariling bahay noh. naku. lawn mowing, tree prunings, kung may garden pa or pool at ano ano pa...--back breakers!

dawnita

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 55
« Reply #458 on: July 08, 2010, 11:23:32 am »
Uhm.. Wala yatang nakapansin ng post ko sa prev page. May Web Developers ba dito mga sis? I'm thinking of moving to AU from SG.

si_ako

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 55
« Reply #459 on: July 08, 2010, 05:05:50 pm »
^^^Sis lalei, i have suggestion =) wag ka muna mag linis ng house yung tipong makalat na yung sala, yung plates and utensils, yung gamitin nyo lang ang wash mo then drama ka kay hubby mo that you're not feeling well para naman makita nya na hindi simple ang gawain sa bahay then ask him if he can do them for you at the moment. focus mo muna yung time mo with your child then saka mo discuss kay hubby mo yung division of labor. sympre hindi lang naman trabaho sa bahay ang focus natin, mas kaylangan asikasuhin ang anak and we need some time as well for ourselves - kung meron man =)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close