watch now

Author Topic: US TV: Dexter  (Read 36021 times)

sima

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Dexter
« Reply #160 on: September 24, 2013, 02:16:34 am »
Nadisappoint naman ako sa finale ng Dexter. It fell flat, parang the show's writers hit a blank wall in the story and that's it.

Ang daming absurdities sa final episode. Katulad ni Deb, nag-flat line din ang buong series.  What a way (or rather waste) to end what once was a good show!  :o :-[ :-\

Addendum: Found one depressed Dexter follower as well: http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/dexter/27406/dexter-season-8-finale-review-remember-the-monsters
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 02:42:07 am by sima »

hisana

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Dexter
« Reply #161 on: September 24, 2013, 11:08:10 am »
Two things:

1) Bakit naman iniwan ni Dex si Harrison with Hannah? Granted, Hannah loves Harrison and vice versa, but if Dex's reason for abandoning Harrison is that he destroys the people he loves because of who he is, eh di ba pareho lang naman sila ni Hannah. She also obviously has a history of getting people around her in trouble.

2) The way Deb's body was thrown out into the water. I know it's supposed to be for dramatic effect, but I found it unnecessary. Pero sige na nga, trip ni Dexter ang ganun. At some point, akala ko nga tatalon din si Dexter with her kaya nya ginawa yun. And poor Quinn...ngayon lang ako naawa talaga kay Quinn, LOL.

sima

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Dexter
« Reply #162 on: September 24, 2013, 03:40:49 pm »
Sabi nga diyan sa article na pinost ko, pag hurricane time pala, hindi na napapansin ng mga hospital personnel na patients can be freely wheeled outside of hospital premises by a non-hospital personnel.  Isa pa, hindi pala tumutunog ang alarm pag nadisconnect ang life-support mechanism ng isang taong comatose.

Hindi ko rin maintindihan why he had to take Deb's body into the sea.  Eh mga criminals at victims lang niya ang nililibing niya doon.  Does this mean that Deb is one of his victims too because he pulled the plug on her and that he had effectively killed Deb when he did not kill Saxon the first chance he had?

funky f

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Dexter
« Reply #163 on: September 24, 2013, 06:57:16 pm »
Count me in as one of those disappointed with the ending.  Parang flat line nga talaga sya.  Walang masyadong naevoke na emotion sa kin.  I felt like crying when deb died but not too much to think na obra ako naattach sa character nya.  And, ganub lang pagkamatay ni saxon?  Really, with a pen? Gosh...and i won't leave my son with a criminal too kahit pa love nya yun, no?  I mean, di pa rin normal si hannah kaya! 

tiggerlily

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Dexter
« Reply #164 on: September 25, 2013, 11:13:45 am »
ako rin. disappointed. mas kabadong kabado pa ako dun sa 2nd to the last episode.

when dexter drove into the storm napa-wtf ako ala debra...

shanghai baby

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Dexter
« Reply #165 on: October 02, 2013, 12:34:27 pm »
I was disappointed din sa ending. I have not read the books kasi so i dont know if thats how the author ended the series.

Anyway, love Hannah McKay's Diane von Furstenberg omre dress sa final episode. It was the same dress Angelica P. wore on JLC's bday.

oreo08

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Dexter
« Reply #166 on: October 02, 2013, 01:49:01 pm »
I expected more :( napa-EH?? na lang ako sa ending. As in yun na yun? The writers couldn't come up with a better ending?

tapos I wanted to see how Dexter will kill the brain surgeon... tapos ganun?!? Ball pen??

sima

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Dexter
« Reply #167 on: October 02, 2013, 04:39:46 pm »
Minadali na lang talaga yung finale.  Hindi na pinagisipan talaga.  Matapos lang --parang ganoon ang feeling ko.  Hay - sobrang disappointing!

84SCORP

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Dexter
« Reply #168 on: October 02, 2013, 04:56:44 pm »
Thank you DEXTER ! i'll really miss the show.  :(
Im not disappointed at all. All i can say is this is one of the best tv show on my list' i wish i can get a complete dvd copy of it soon !

favorite line of deb  ;D
Debra Morgan: A baby? A motherfucking rolly-poly, chubby, cheeked, s*** machine? Are you kidding me?

mchristine519

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Dexter
« Reply #169 on: October 08, 2013, 02:25:16 am »
Hay salamat and I'm finally done watching the series finale. Pede na ako magbasa ng thread! hehe!

Im also disappointed with the ending. Lalo na the scene where he had to take Deb's body to the ocean and threw her in. Actually, doon pa lang sa ni pull nya yung plug and he was able to wheel her out of the hospital, na weirduhan na rin ako doon.

The guy who played Oliver Saxon/Daniel Vogel scares the heck out of me with his crazy eyes! Lol!

Ok, so what comes next for Dexter? Obviously, he is leading some kind of double life pa rin with that last scene.

Wawa naman si Quinn.. :(
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 02:28:43 am by mchristine519 »

Tumblrista

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Dexter
« Reply #170 on: February 13, 2014, 10:55:20 am »
I just recently started watching Dexter and this series is so addicting. Already finished with Season 2 and I'm gonna start Season 3 later.

I'm loving Dexter (the character) more and more every episode.  :D

purple.strawberry

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Dexter
« Reply #171 on: December 29, 2014, 01:03:21 pm »
I started to watch Dexter but stopped mid-way on Season 4 because I've been hearing that the show slowly declines throughout the series and the ending is super disappointing. Anyway I suspected that much sa una pa lang because for me seasons 1 and 2 were so good, and script writing like that is hard to maintain for several seasons. I'm very fond of the main character so I think it'll break my heart to just see him fall short of his glory.

I think kasi the writers of the show have a moralistic viewpoint. I read an interview somewhere na serial killers like Dexter daw cannot have a happy ending. :(

Do you guys know any show similar to this one?


yannuh

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Dexter
« Reply #172 on: February 13, 2015, 02:39:20 pm »
Mas love ko pa si Dexter kesa sa fiance ko HAHAHA :p

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close