watch now

Author Topic: MERGED: All about Weaning  (Read 36253 times)

thebratinella

  • Guest
Re: Baby Led Weaning
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2010, 11:30:13 am »
wengerts- sis, excited kumain baby ko. lol.

2 weeks na lang and we can try this na.

montrel

  • Guest
Re: Baby Led Weaning
« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2010, 03:21:30 pm »
@kreez: thanks mommy! okay we'll try it!

kreez

  • Guest
Re: Baby Led Weaning
« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2010, 05:15:13 pm »
my husband and i will get a highchair for our baby. i showed him your baby's video. i also let my baby watch it. she was smiling the whole time. natuwa siguro upon seeing another baby eat.

Lols, napansin ko nga din yan, parang fascinated sila makakita ng ibang babies.   :D

i tried this as in pinara-piraso ko yung bread then i put it on her tray. hindi nya sinubo isa isa but she picked everything up and put it in her mouth! nakakatawa!

ito naman yung gusto ko itry next time. sa ngayon kasi i put food sa spoon then sya na mismo lalapit sa spoon para i-feed sarili nya. wala pa masyadong kalat hehe :)

nakakatawa talaga sila panoorin kumain noh!

nako sis pag ittry mo yung magppreload ng spoon i suggest use at least two spoons para may spare ka kasi tinatapon nila yung spoon so meron ka pang nakareserve.  ang it's messy lalo na pag yogurt or lugaw, i suggest maglagay ka ng newspaper or mat para hindi mahirap maglinis  ;)

@kreez: thanks mommy! okay we'll try it!

good luck and have fun!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 05:19:13 pm by kreez »

CitizenoftheWorld

  • Guest
Re: Baby Led Weaning
« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2010, 04:22:23 am »
Wow, this is interesting!

Sisses, my baby is turning 6 months this August 6. Pero di pa sya nakakaupo. Does that mean that I can't do this pa?

wkt

  • Guest
weaning from the breast -- share your story here!
« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2010, 07:06:16 pm »
im a proud mom of a healthy baby girl, and she's 1 yr & 8 mos old na. malakas ang intake nya ng solid food, regular adult food na nga actually ang malakas talaga kumain,  malakas din dumede ng milk sa bottle (she's on nido jr.) but she still wants to 'dey-dey' from me whenever im with her.  may milk pa din naman ako pero im sure konting-konti na lang (like, 3 drops? hehe) i think she's basically just comfort nursing. 

btw, i exclusively breastfed her til she was 8 months old then mixed feeding na onwards.  i stopped pumping sa work nung nag-1 year old siya.  ngayon naman, gusto ko na sana siyang awatin from my breast as its getting difficult for me to nurse her lalo na malaki na siya. 

i wanted a 'child-led weaning' approach sana pero concerned lang ako coz ive heard several stories wherein 3 years old na yung bata ayaw pa magpaawat then yung mom nagreresort na into using sili, kalamansi, or whatnot.  tho im not actively weaning her as of the moment, iba na din yung may idea ako kung ano ang dapat kong gawin.

sisses, please share your tips/ideas naman...tia!

grumpybear

  • Guest
Re: weaning from the breast -- share your story here!
« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2010, 01:28:03 am »
Is there anything wrong with nursing a 3 year old?

delisyus

  • Guest
Re: weaning from the breast -- share your story here!
« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2010, 04:00:13 am »
we were officially weaned last Valentines... I really believed kasi that it was the breastfeeding hindering us from getting pregnant again. True enough, I got pregnant agad the following month, after over a year of trying :)

It helped that I am pretty close with my son and he's pretty assured I love him despite the weaning... matagal syang umaapila pa, titingnan if pwede pa, but he never threw a tantrum or anything and I made sure I kept holding him pa din close to me so he won't miss the closeness so much :)

wkt

  • Guest
Re: weaning from the breast -- share your story here!
« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2010, 11:09:13 am »
Is there anything wrong with nursing a 3 year old?

i dont think theres anything wrong with it.  if gusto pa ni mommy na mag-breastfeed up to 3 years or even longer and hindi pa ready si toddler na mag-wean eh di good for them.  same way na i dont think theres anything wrong if a mom chooses to discourage the baby na from nursing, esp if she's no longer comfortable doing it physically and malaki naman na enough si baby to be nutritionally healthy w/o breastmilk.

sis mec, i like that idea about the countdown.  3 years old na yung son mo when he finally weaned, right?  i like that he sorta knows whats about to happen and you were helping him prepare for that day.  were you like, psyching him weeks before? months before?

kasi yung moms na kilala ko, hindi na maantay yung toddlers nila (3 to 4 years old) na magkusa, di raw mapakiusapan so naglagay ba naman ng sili para daw tumigil.  ayaw ko naman ng ganun. mata-trauma yung bata.

grumpybear

  • Guest
Re: weaning from the breast -- share your story here!
« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2010, 11:35:55 am »
I think it's a matter of setting proper boundaries.
My son is 4 y.o. and still nursing and napapakiusapan naman siya. If I decide to wean tomorrow, I know that I don't have to resort to sili or scare tactics to get my son to wean. Right now we're down to 2 (sometimes 3) nursings/day and limited time on the breast.
I have a timer and I let him choose how many minutes he chooses to nurse (1,2,5,10). Most of the time he'll say 5 minutes and I just put the timer on and when it rings, finished na siya. Minsan naman I choose. I tell him 10 seconds only and I count. But like you mentioned, I'm still ok with nursing him which is why we are continuing. But if I decide I'm done with it, I can easily set that plan in motion without having to resort to traumatizing techniques. 3-4 year olds are able to be reasoned with na.

mdy

  • Guest
Re: weaning from the breast -- share your story here!
« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2010, 12:01:48 pm »
I exclusively breastfed my daughter for the first 6 months tapos afterwards mixed feeding na. Comfort nursing nalang sya every night but when she turns 1 na, I totally weaned her from my breast. Much easier kasi sanay na sya mag-bottle feed.

delisyus

  • Guest
Re: weaning from the breast -- share your story here!
« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2010, 07:35:53 pm »
wkt... he was 2 years and 4 months :) i think my good relationship with him nga, and I guess our discipline, helped us wean nicely :)  I didn't like the idea of putting chili or ginger on bewbs, kasi aside from it might hurt me too, or what if it gets into his yes, I didn't want to end our bfeeding relationship like that... i mean for the longest time, my breasts were a haven for him tas sisirain ko? gagawin kong pangit ang lasa?

but yes, I prepared him for the day... i talked to him about it before I started the countdown... i think I focused on how it's time he drinks lots of milk from a glass na so he'd grow bigger faster and be like a dinosaur (wahahaha)... pag naglilimlim sya sa boobs ko (they do that eh, they really miss being that close),  I hold him and ask him if he misses it, and I tell him I miss it too, but that it's okay we're through because I still love him and it's just that he's a big kid now... tas when he drinks milk from a glass,  I sometimes talk about bfeeding pa din, how before he used to nurse from me when he was a baby, and now he drinks milk nga from a cup coz he's a big kid... when we see BF pictures or BFing moms din, I point them out... I want kasi na he grows up knowing babis breastfeed but that they later on stop and there's nothing wrong about stopping and growing up :)

jaiaquino

  • Guest
Re: weaning from the breast -- share your story here!
« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2010, 10:40:40 am »
my daughter's almost 2 years and 3 months old. I've started talking to her about stopping na pero ayaw pa niya so we'll take it slowly para hindi mabigla. pero medyo nabawasan na yun direct nursing nya nowadays. dati kasi feeling ko tingin nya sa akin milk bar. and i try to get her pre-occupied as much as possible para hindi na mag-milk. i also ask her sometimes if its ok if we do it at night before sleeping - sometimes ok with her pero there are times na hindi talaga.

daisy_duck

  • Guest
Re: weaning from the breast -- share your story here!
« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2010, 11:47:55 am »
Kusang umayaw baby ko when I got back to work. Eversince kasi, mix feeding cya as never cyang nabusog on my milk alone. Tas nung bumalik ako nang work, after a week siguro ayaw na niyang magfeed sa akin. Maybe because ang onti nang milk production. Ako pa yung pumipilit to feed sa akin but umiiyak na.  :(

smoothie

  • Guest
Re: weaning from the breast -- share your story here!
« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2010, 02:09:58 pm »
sa akin naman, i nursed my panganay until 1 yr & 8 months. mixed feeding din siya. then i went to HK pagdating ko hindi na siya ko na siya ni nurse. medyo cold turkey ang dating. wala naman naging problem kasi may bottle na siya.

kreez

  • Guest
Re: MERGED: All about Weaning
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2010, 05:15:32 pm »
hmmm, bakit kaya namerge dito sa topic na to yung baby led weaning topic? medyo nakakalito lang kasi BLW (baby led weaning) is about introduction of solid foods to babies sana dun nalang sa introduction to solid food minerge yung topic to avoid confusion. 
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 05:18:06 pm by kreez »

delisyus

  • Guest
Re: MERGED: All about Weaning
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2010, 06:48:16 pm »
ahehe sis..i never visited your baby led weaning thread but I've always thought it's about weaning from breast/bottle too, not introduction of solids...

in a way parang pareho lang, but may difference from where you're having issues with no? :)

kreez

  • Guest
Re: MERGED: All about Weaning
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2010, 07:01:02 pm »
^hehe oo nga sis in a way its also a type of weaning but the focus is actually on introduction of solid foods to babies not the weaning per se, kaya i thought mas ok sana kung sa intro to solid food minerge.

antagonist

  • Guest
Re: MERGED: All about Weaning
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2010, 01:50:29 pm »
hay, kaloka ang merging na itoh! totally different topics tapos merged! sus naman!

ATTENTION MODERATORS!!! :-\

DV

  • Guest
Re: Weaning from the Bottle
« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2010, 12:27:17 am »
On weaning from the bottle,

My son is 4 y.o. and still nursing...

If it's OK to nurse a 4-year-old, is it also OK to let a child bottle feed for as long as s/he likes if teeth are properly taken care of?

What are the reasons that weaning off the breast or bottle be encouraged? 

My daughter is 27 months old and we don't plan to send her to school any time soon.  She needs to catch up in terms of weight and I'm worried that if I actively discourage bottle feeding, she might lose more.  I give her a bottle after meals (2-3 times/day).  She's a picky eater and doesn't drink a lot of milk either.  She'd drink water and juice from a glass or cup (with or without straw), but not milk.

Should I start weaning her off or just let her take the bottle?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 12:32:09 am by DV »

grumpybear

  • Guest
Re: MERGED: All about Weaning
« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2010, 02:12:46 am »
Is she getting breastmilk or formula in a bottle? Formula carries with it a higher risk of dental caries because of the constitution.
Also, in terms of jaw and teeth formation, the breast actually facilitates proper jaw alignment and all that. I'm not sure if a bottle would actually be a hindrance to it.
My son did not instantly drink milk from a cup either pero I just kept offering until he got used to it.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close