watch now

Author Topic: Korean vs Japanese Fashion  (Read 46456 times)

kutingpie

  • Guest
Korean vs Japanese Fashion
« on: October 14, 2009, 12:03:31 pm »
Hello sisses,

I am just curious about these two fashion cultures. Based on my observation, I find the Korean Style more colorful than the Japanese (how I wish I can wear them, but I enjoy looking at them..hindi ko kasi carry ;)). Feeling ko ang mga Japanese Fashion eh puro "gothic-lolita" look lang sila, or may other side pa ba sila? :)

Anyway, paging all GT fashion gurus, kindly share some of your insights. You may post the link/s of your latest korean/japanese fashion finds.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 06:14:41 pm by kutingpie »

fabulosity

  • Guest
Re: Korean vs Japanese Fashion
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 06:10:34 pm »
I love japanese fashion coz it's quirky and eccentric. And talk about labels, man! They're obssessed with anything expensive and designer, even the guys. I always check out tokyo style arena for the latest street fashion, really cool stuff.

I like Korean fashion also, much more wearable. I think they are also particular with how clothes fit, especially the guys. Try watching a korean series/drama and you'll know what I'm talking about.

I've been to both countries already and to me, they're equally fashion forward and both have very distinct styles. So it's really fun to dress up whenever I go coz everyone, including the guys, are so conscious of what they're wearing. Love it! 

freeswan

  • Guest
Re: Korean vs Japanese Fashion
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 06:16:24 pm »
koreans are more on pa-cute, girly, bubbly fashion while japanese are more of the edgy style. yung tipong magdadalawang isip ka na susuotin. for me, korean is safer than japanese. but i'd still go with japanese fashion.

onethird

  • Guest
Re: Korean vs Japanese Fashion
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 11:30:31 pm »
^ I agree with the "edgy-ness" of japanese fashion. There's something about it that makes you stare, may dating kasi.

Korean clothes are nice din, they're comfy and more on the casual side.

prish

  • Guest
Re: Korean vs Japanese Fashion
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 02:21:35 am »
i like the korean fashion more since they are wearable. they also look dainty and cute. they follow the rules of fashion more than the japanese na parang no rules talaga. if you look at the korean awards show, they tend to have very safe gowns lang pero most of them mga signature items. i also love their hairstyles and makeup too.

japanese fashion are really outrageous. mismatched outfits, etc. the trend nowadays in japanese fashion for men are skirts (straight men ha). they are too weird for my taste, but they are fun to look at.

luningning

  • Guest
Re: Korean vs Japanese Fashion
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 04:05:03 am »
i love both their fashion style very unique, especially their hairstyle  ;D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 04:08:38 am by luningning »

bellemoi

  • Guest
Re: Korean vs Japanese Fashion
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 11:23:43 am »
i heart Korean styles! It shows my character. However, Japanese style is also interesting.

iheartkitsch

  • Guest
Re: Korean vs Japanese Fashion
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 11:35:56 am »
japanese for me. i don't get the street fashion or even lolita styles. napaka- out of this world. pang-rampa lang talaga yun and not for everyday. pero yung hime or pa-cute na madalas sa mga bida sa doramas, i love tala. pati accessories.

korean styles are cute and more wearable siguro sa atin. dami ko nakikitang magandang korean style dresses, pero yung pormang korean na nakikita ko parang sila lang ang makaka- get away with it. = sporty outfit, tapos high heels? heels sa beach? girly tapos baseball cap? ngii.

fabulosity

  • Guest
Re: Korean vs Japanese Fashion
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 11:20:23 pm »
I thought I knew a lot about Japanese fashion already but boy, dead wrong!

checked out the Tokyo Look Book and to say the least, I was enlightened!

I thought there were only a few styles that make up Japanese fashion and subcultures that I knew about like the yamanbas, ganguros, gyarus (GAL), cosuplayers, otakus, visual kei, goth-lolis, and hip-hop were actually just a part of a much broader fashion scene. Interesting stuff!

I really recommend checking out this book. Now I have a much better understanding not only of Japanese fashion, but their culture as well.

 

FridaGee

  • Guest
Re: Korean vs Japanese Fashion
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 10:36:50 pm »
for me mas type ko ang jap fashion. though meron din namang maganda sa mga korean fashion line.

allredndizzy

  • Guest
Re: Korean vs Japanese Fashion
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 10:44:10 pm »
voted for korean... mas pwede kaseng pang-araw-araw. Pag japanese, parang pupunta ka ng cosplay. lol!  :D

kutingpie

  • Guest
Re: Korean vs Japanese Fashion
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 09:05:29 am »
koreans kasi parang puwede sa weather natin..sa japanese kasi parang pang-winter ;)

mystella

  • Guest
Re: Korean vs Japanese Fashion
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2009, 08:59:12 pm »
they are equally fashionable but the koreans are more on the pastel-themed side. the japanese are more on the rocker-chic side.

rhoseiteki

  • Guest
Re: Korean vs Japanese Fashion
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 09:07:35 pm »
I vote korean fashion. Mas presko ang style than japan fashion.

kutingpie

  • Guest
Re: Korean vs Japanese Fashion
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 08:00:31 am »

jhaney

  • Guest
Re: Korean vs Japanese Fashion
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 11:00:33 am »
I love Korean fashion talaga. Eversince na nakita ko sila sa Korean Dramas sobrang na inlove na ko. I find them creative when in comes to styling. I also love their different hair styles. Lagi ko  ngang ginagaya especially the bangs. I also love their make up, natural lang, not too loud, simple lang pero may dating.

prisma

  • Guest
Re: Korean vs Japanese Fashion
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 04:51:02 pm »
Korean fashion looks cleaner and put together, still fashion forward.

Japanese fashion= trendsetting and unique but quite radical.  Nice on them but not nice on Pinoys I reckon.

zxcvb

  • Guest
Re: Korean vs Japanese Fashion
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 08:16:30 pm »
i see some japanese girls have great style.... feminine details, leggings, nice accessories

nadialicious16

  • Guest
Re: Korean vs Japanese Fashion
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2009, 08:20:30 am »
saan ba may korean store ?

new_new

  • Guest
Re: Korean vs Japanese Fashion
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2009, 12:24:43 am »
japanese fshion :) :) :)
sosyal kasi.. hindi lang class sa itsura ng clothes talagang mahal pa yung prices, mahilig sila sa branded na items.. kahet construction worker don naka LV :)
unlike sa korean masyadong colorful.. pero magkaparehas lang din naman, mas magaling lang para sakin mag mix and match japanese. ;)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close