watch now

Author Topic: Anti-Aging Tips and Products  (Read 207630 times)

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #560 on: January 01, 2016, 05:55:44 am »
@bata
thanks sis.

@sis chuy

sis ano pala body oil mo? :)

chuy

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #561 on: January 02, 2016, 11:36:25 pm »
^^ sis, I use HHN Sunflower Oil dati. Pero nung naubos ko yun recently, ang binili ko Sweet Almond Oil. Second time ko pa lang to use Sweet Almond Oil. Mas mura pala kasi yun than Sunflower Oil. Try ko lang ulit. I buy both oils sa Sesou (Trinoma).

I think mas maganda yung Vitamin E with Selenium for anti-aging instead of Vitamin E (e.g., Myra-E) lang, kasi Selenium is also an antioxidant. Mas potent siya compared to Vitamin E lang. Yung effective sa akin na sublingual glutathione dati also has Vitamin E and Selenium kaya naisip ko instead of buying that expensive gluta supplement, try ko na lang muna yung Vitamin E with Selenium. So far, happy naman ako sa results. :)

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #562 on: January 03, 2016, 05:30:43 am »
^thanks sis.. not near sa trinoma though :( pero I'll check if I can get alternatives :) thanks po

Gum Ball

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #563 on: January 03, 2016, 12:46:43 pm »


I think mas maganda yung Vitamin E with Selenium for anti-aging instead of Vitamin E (e.g., Myra-E) lang, kasi Selenium is also an antioxidant. Mas potent siya compared to Vitamin E lang. Yung effective sa akin na sublingual glutathione dati also has Vitamin E and Selenium kaya naisip ko instead of buying that expensive gluta supplement, try ko na lang muna yung Vitamin E with Selenium. So far, happy naman ako sa results. :)

sis HM yung  Vitamin E with Selenium? if ever you've tried GSE na do you think mas potent to kesa GSE?

thanks!  :)

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #564 on: January 03, 2016, 06:54:24 pm »
@iwannabeasupermodel
thanks sis..napagoogle ako sa tomatox..2.5 naman yung rating niya sa MUA.. toink. pero antaas sa Amazon. o_O I'll check faceshop..

sis do you remember noon I bought purederm masks at your recommendation? LOL di ko pa nagamit



hi sis! oh gamitin mo na. hahaha. i still use it up to now. sometimes esp if from duty i'll put it on my face and mej di na ako nagigising so nababad siya lol. just make sure you dont roll around in bed para di kumalat lol. another good one is this cheap charcoal mask na asa sachets lang (not the one from daiso), feeling ko it kinda helps din. makabili nga nun.  ;)

mimiku

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #565 on: January 08, 2016, 01:06:06 am »
For those who has oily skin make sure to take GSE in tablet form not the capsule one. It will cause pimples. First hand experience.

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #566 on: January 10, 2016, 11:53:46 am »
^ true. GSE made me break out too. i think cosmo gse yun na color green..kase sabi nila daw sobrang layo from VitC

^^ iwannabeasupermodel
sis soon magamit ko yun..siguro lagay ko sa fridge muna hehe gusto ko cool effect.
anyways sis, do you use facial oils?

Anyone here uses any facial oils? Parecommend naman jan ng argan and rosehip oil brands po :) for RH, aside from HHN.. anyone?

p.s. olive oil gives me bumps and makes me itchy when i massage it into my skin for some reason... :( :(

summersunder

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #567 on: January 10, 2016, 12:37:10 pm »
I'm currently using retinol c cream (2 days pa lang) so far parang ok naman. My main purpose is for my acne, pero pang anti aging pala talaga ito hehe :)

ataypool

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #568 on: January 10, 2016, 12:57:35 pm »
Rosehip oils I tried na maganda Trilogy and Akin. They don't oxidise quickly unlike Sukin. Best results for me was 2-3 nights a week.

Argan oil is in my current moisturiser, Swisse. Cheap but effective, I even use it as my makeup/sunblock remover.

In between my thermal straightening for my hair, I use Agadir Argan Oil for maintenance. Minsan ilalagay ko muna before shampooing.

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #569 on: January 10, 2016, 02:06:11 pm »
for some reason.. I just cant bring myself to believe na the retin a derivatives are anti-aging.. like you summer, I use it for anti-acne.. pero sabi nila maganda daw ito for anti aging.. pero like how, yes I know it stimulates new cell generation but peeling the old skin off and immediately exposing the new baby skin can age it even more.. (kaya bawal sun exposure) parang I feel like there's a limit to how much you should peel, and how deep.I personally experienced skin hypersensitivity to the point na sobrang hapdi ang cetaphil!
I dont know, magresearch muna ako sa pathophysiology nito kase andaming contradicting statements and I also have to tune in to my skin's needs.

@ataypool
sis thank you for naming the brands. Sis, quick questions, do they have a "perfumed" fragrance or yung light smell that disappears within a few seconds? or yung no smell talaga? :) And where did you buy po?

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #570 on: January 10, 2016, 02:26:00 pm »
@sis minatay91

yes i use facial oil. it has always been my night moisturizer. dati i use v&m 100% organic emu oil but their prices got too high for my student budget so nag hhn sbo na lang ako. okay din naman kasi it's lighter and wala nung emu smell na i dont like hehe. kaya gusto ko ng oils kasi i can just as well put it on my lips and my neck para moisturizer nila, so all in one na, then i'll go to sleep and wake up moisturized in the morning. nowadays before putting sbo naglalagay ako ng olay TE anti-aging night cream then let it be absorbed tapos sbo na to top it off.

idk if anti aging ba ang retinol but it sure as hell makes one look makinis and glowing. ang nakakatakot lang kasi breakouts muna ata and it's not advisable sa planning to get preggy. parang you have to stop retinol for 3years before planning to have a baby kasi it's the most teratogenic substance eh.

ataypool

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #571 on: January 10, 2016, 02:35:23 pm »
Minatay, very subtle ang fragrance, gone in seconds. Try mo na lang sa Amazon, Ebay or Strawberrynet. Kate Middleton is a fan of Trilogy.

Nuxe meron na pala diyan sa Rustans and Beauty Bar. They have the Multi-purpose dry oil which is their bestseller, hindi ko pa nasubukan but I'm a fan of their Ultra-nourishing lip balm.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 02:59:54 pm by ataypool »

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #572 on: January 10, 2016, 04:01:39 pm »
@supermodel
true sis :) nakaglow siya talaga..esp in the morning. pero my (not so) friend tried my retinoid, nagkapimples siya lalo.. lol! her mom tried it, and nagpeeling siya. omg 3 years ba? Akala ko kase 6 months lang.. as in particular din yung derma ko if I'm married or planning to marry or if I have a bf..pero I assured her na no need talaga ako magpills kase I'm not sexually active hehe.

thanks pala sa input mo sa facial oil :)

@ataypool
thank you sis!! sayang, kala ko available offline pero sige.. I'll look into it :)
I'll check the beautybar one also kase I have a problem with dryyy lips

chuy

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #573 on: January 10, 2016, 07:24:14 pm »
@Gum Ball, 14php/piece yung Vitamin E with Selenium sa Mercury, sis. Di ko lang alam sa ibang drugstores. I haven't tried GSE yet. Madami nga rin ako nababasa na this is not for oily and acne-prone skin. :)

@minatay91, welcome, sis :) ako naman I use argan oil (Oil of Argan from Sesou) as moisturizer. Pinalit ko sa OTE night cream. 4 months ko pa lang gamit. Kalahati pa yung natira pero sa face ko lang kasi ginagamit. Sa neck, I use sunflower oil dati. Ngayon, yung sweet almond oil naman.

I also want to try retinol kaso sa lifestyle ko ngayon imposibleng hindi ako maarawan talaga. Nakakatakot pa rin kahit na I wear sunblock and use umbrella.

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #574 on: January 13, 2016, 11:01:27 am »
^ thank you sis chuy.. I'd love to try argan oil. I did, sa HO, amoy pupu HAHA. (I think I complained about that somewhere)

also, I tried researching yung trilogy rosehip oil.. naks andami comment na fishy smell daw at oily smell and hindi siya pure.. huhu ;(

ataypool

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #575 on: January 13, 2016, 11:49:45 am »
^depends din sa tolerance level mo ang smell ng rosehip oil - slightly fishy sa iba, for me it is earthy, musty, tea-like, or minsan parang old wooden cabinet. Hindi naman masakit sa ilong ko kasi nawawala din after applying it. Kung di mo kaya, put a few drops on your moisturiser. Claims na hindi siya pure, I don't know, maniwala lang ako if it's proven.

chuy

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #576 on: January 14, 2016, 12:29:29 am »
^^ baka sa thread ng argan oil mo pinost, sis ;D parang may nabasa ako na ganung post. Don't know if true pero meron daw argan oil na nahahaluan ng poop ng goats dahil inaakyat nila yung tree? Baka ikaw nag-post nun hehe

^ & ^^ how much yung trilogy?

ataypool

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #577 on: January 14, 2016, 05:57:34 am »
^smallest bottle at 20ml siguro nasa 15 USD. Kung may kakilala kang pupunta overseas pabili ka na lang baka mas mura.

https://glamourbox.ph/index.php/view/products_brands/117 - iyan yata meron sa Philippines online.

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #578 on: January 14, 2016, 01:06:32 pm »
@ataypool

sis..odd.. I have cocoa butter skin therapy oil..rosehip fragrance daw ito.. it smells so..perfumey.. haha

@chuy
sis ako ata yun..when I went to HO and asked for the argan oil..mga 3 times siguro ako pabalik sa store kase I'm trying to convince myself na it's ok when in reality..it smells so foul!!! gah! When I first smelled it, I was like WTF how can you put this abomination on your face! LOL and anyways, I bought it the 4th time I went there and naubos ko in fairness..mga 5 ml nalang siguro.. hair ko lang linagay. Can anyone confirm? Try niyo punta sa HO, hanapin yung Argan oil (isa lang dun) and tell me if you girls think it smells like poop! I was so disturbed by it, I researched and it either means:
1) Kinain ng goat and na.poop out (easier daw ito kase may rough outer coating yung argan nut so the goat digests the coating and just leaves the nut sa poop) the smell may have been left behind despite washing.

2.) It's gone rancid.

Pero in fairness ha, I let my workmates smell it, they think otherwise..they cant smell what I did. :/ hm

ataypool

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #579 on: January 14, 2016, 01:30:40 pm »
^Palmer's iyan? Marketing hype lang iyan kasi anything with rosehip mabenta. Konti lang sigurado ang rosehip oil niya if you look at the order of ingredients and of course nilagyan pa ng fragrance.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close