watch now

Author Topic: Anti-Aging Tips and Products  (Read 207584 times)

PrincessC

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #500 on: August 20, 2015, 02:09:46 pm »
yung gentle and touch of foundation ang gamit ko. so far ok naman. i'm 32 na.

chuy

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #501 on: August 20, 2015, 03:11:27 pm »
^^^ thanks for the info ;) will do double cleansing from now on :) is it also applicable if you use moisturizers with SPF? Pag hindi ako maarawan ganun lang ang gamit ko. Re lactic acid, di ba yung Lactacyd na blue ginagawa rin facial wash? May anti-aging effect din yun?

^^ how much yung regenerist eye cream mo, sis? Ilan months siya tumatagal?

roxyhart

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #502 on: August 20, 2015, 03:36:42 pm »
Hi sis, I think better pa rin if you double cleanse since may SPF moisturizer mo? I think so hehe. Need not be sophisticated. I use pure, cold pressed argan oil (I just massage it on skin that is dry then wash off with warm water -- tanggal lahat nang traces ng makeup) for my first cleanse, then follow it with a deep pore cleanser.

As for the Lactacyd, I'm not an expert but I wouldn't use it hehe. Even if it has lactic acid kasi, it's not formulated for the face eh. It has other ingredients pa which were formulated for a special purpose, which is as a feminine wash. Baka pwede naman pang second wash? But I dunno, it could be drying and it could strip off our face's natural oils, eh diba that is the opposite of anti-ageing products coz their mantra is also moisturize, moisturize, moisturize.  :-*

chuy

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #503 on: August 20, 2015, 04:00:27 pm »
^ sis, yung blue Lactacyd hehe. Yung for babies. ;D nirecommend yun sa friend ko for her acne and eczema. Di naman ako acne-prone pero curious lang ako kung OK siya as lactic acid. :)

roxyhart

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #504 on: August 20, 2015, 04:11:28 pm »
Ayyy so sorry, I thought you were referring to feminine wash haha ;D *kamot ulo* Yeah I'm familiar with the blue Lactacyd for babies kasi tinanong namin kay pedia yun when we had a newborn two years ago. Our pedia does not recommend it though, kasi medyo drying nga daw. :)

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #505 on: August 20, 2015, 10:54:40 pm »
Yes mej drying nga ang lactacyd blue. I used it back in the day, parang mga gradeschool days pa hehe.

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #506 on: August 21, 2015, 12:05:21 am »
@roxyheart

with all due respect sis I think we can agree to disagree on sunblock not causing acne. Because I am 100% sure I am not compatible with Shiseido's sunblock. Something is in it that makes me break out..even with deep gentle cleansing. I doubt it's my cleansing method or maybe Shiseido's just a b#tch to remove. ;) VMV I'm very hiyang. Why? Because even if I dont wash my face when I come home, no breakouts!!! :*

I think there are products naman na no matter how much you remove it, application palang, rash or breakout na :)

roxyhart

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #507 on: August 21, 2015, 07:37:53 am »
^Point across :)
Yes there are certain ingredients and certain formulation nga naman that can cause breakout. Although we really can't discount the fact na mahirap tanggalin ang residue ng sunblock, something I didn't know before. :) As for Shiseido, I'm very hiyang and that's what I ise everyday. ;)

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #508 on: August 21, 2015, 08:48:36 am »
It's a matter of compatibility. You really need to find the right product for you because yes, there are products that cause some people to break out. When I tried Olay, small pimples grew in different parts of my face so I immediately discontinued use.

This is the reason why I'm looking for more natural products than commercial ones.
What I do is to try one product at a time, retaining others I'm sure do not cause problems. This will point out the new product as the culprit.

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #509 on: August 21, 2015, 09:37:33 am »
^ yeah..you remember sis the internet raved about a blue and orange sunblock na parang..weird shape. Dont know how to describe..looks like the the tip of a giant eraser on a pencil. I was dying to buy it but I had a student budget and 2.5k just..wont cut it.

Then I could finally afford it and they phased it out! And replaced it with an urban chuchu sunblock and broke my heart. I decided to get the fat tube na sabi daw ng SA wala difference except cream lang daw sa tube and yung isa lotion.. Application palang nahilo na ako sa scent on my face.
Then a few mins later, my face was itchy as hell. So I decided to keep trying to love it but it just makes my face itch so bad. :'( But its amazing as a body sunscreen for me kase super waterproof!! hehe! but bawal siya sa face ko.

And yun, I tried Neutrogena but its so greasy and thick...Nivea, too sticky and greasy not to mention the scent I would describe as "medicated". Biore too..matte and drying and artifical orange scent mixed with alcohol disturbed me..but I heard its a good sunblock under makeup compared to mosturizing or dewy ones that can disturb foundation ^^ Cetaphil felt like..it doesnt work..sunburn pa rin ako.
VMV was perfect for me. ^^ pero I wouldnt recommend VMV to anyone on a hot summer day because it gets easily removed if you sweat a lot.
Another one I've tried is Ocean potion.. I wont recommend sa face coz I got red and rashes rin..and I was so itchy..but keri lang sa body. sayang naman din.

This seemed like a sunblock review but sunblock is also anti aging right hehe

yijiheon

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #510 on: August 21, 2015, 10:03:02 am »
^ same tayo sis minatay. I broke out sa shiseido sunblock din and neutrogena. Sa vmv hiyang ako pero yung naunang formulation pa ang nagamit ko years ago and ayoko nung nagleave ng white cast. Pero dahil dun ako hiyang i used it for years. Tapos now im using avene. So far ok naman pero sticky lang. Takot pa ko magexperiment uli kasi starting late last year biglang naging acne prone ang balat ko sa di ko malamang dahilan.

Re moisturisers, sa case ko naman hindi ako nagmomoisturiser dati. Tapos one time during a check up with a derma para sa eczema ko sa body, bigla sya nagcomment na gumamit daw ako moisturiser kahit oily ang skin ko. Lightweight lang daw and better if gel type. So dun ko nalaman yung celeteque sa kanya and from then on until now yun ang moisturiser ko sa umaga at gabi. I feel naked kapag di ako naglalagay nun lalo na matanda na ko ngayon and my skin is on the dry-oily combination skin.

null4e

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #511 on: August 21, 2015, 05:50:16 pm »
Sunblock + Hydroface Anti-Aging System = Perfection :) :) :)

rae

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #512 on: August 21, 2015, 10:07:20 pm »
My friend is allergic to a SPF ingredient: octocrylene. Kapag may ganun yung gamit nya, it gives her rashes. When I googled it, it causes allergies pala for many people.

luna laxa

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #513 on: August 22, 2015, 11:26:00 am »
I'm in the market for a good vit c serum and saw one at body shop, is it any good? I'm using their nutriganics cleansing gel and I'm not liking it. It leaves my skin tight and dry even if I first cleanse pa with coco oil. I have combination skin which tends to dehydrate in some areas.


iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #514 on: August 22, 2015, 11:52:08 am »
Also curious with tbs's glowing vitamin c range. Okay kaya?

luna laxa

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #515 on: August 25, 2015, 10:35:23 am »
^i tried just their booster serum and Hindi ko sya bet. The texture is too silky and waxy, It doesn't feel natural. Oily and drying at the same time, weird, kahit under another serum pa. Although I tested Lang sa store. Baka iba naman when applied on top of moisture toner.

luna laxa

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #516 on: August 25, 2015, 10:44:22 am »
..So antioxidant serum hunt ps rin ako. Anyone tried derm e vit c? I Kaya Mario bedescu? Mario mahal pero may 25off sa luxola heehee
Antipodes parang primising din. O may recommendations pls?

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #517 on: August 25, 2015, 01:11:09 pm »
Ano mas okay mga ? Olay TE anti aging serum or anti aging night cream? Tia!

ataypool

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #518 on: August 25, 2015, 01:21:19 pm »
^ the serum.

pret_ty68

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #519 on: August 25, 2015, 09:48:46 pm »
Speaking of Olay. I just recently bought olay total effects serum because of the niacinamide content. Use it for one day then the following day, I noticed a cystic acne in my forehead. Then I read reviews on olay TE and learned na ang Olay pala merong 2 version meron na made in USA and merong made in thailand tapos may nabasa ako na mas effective daw yung made in US  as compared doon sa made in Thailand. But what is being sold in the Philippines even by stores like watsons are those made in Thailand. May nabasa pa akong minsan daw may mga fake yung made in Thailand.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 11:33:26 pm by pret_ty68 »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close