watch now

Author Topic: Anti-Aging Tips and Products  (Read 207535 times)

ataypool

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #480 on: August 12, 2015, 08:14:19 pm »
Re moisturisers, baka dermatogists niyo followers ni Dr Zein Obagi who does not believe in them.

Heavy moisturisers break me out so serums na lang ginamit ko noon like Olay Total Effects.

Now I'm a convert of Neutrogena Day Hydroboost Gel with spf 15 na may hyaluronic acid and mabilis ma-absorb ng skin ko. Pag sa umaga ko nilalagay kasi hindi pa sobrang init. If on my lunch break when going out, I wash the baby wipes with water and wipe it on my face, then put on a sunscreen with a higher spf or the Neutrogena gel depende sa weather.

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #481 on: August 12, 2015, 09:29:48 pm »
^^ gamit ka na lang ng proper eyecream sis kesa petroleum jelly.

chuy

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #482 on: August 12, 2015, 11:46:51 pm »
^ ano ma-recommend mo na eye cream, sis?

icedtallcoffee

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #483 on: August 13, 2015, 03:28:10 am »
ang weird. I can't not use moisturizer. Mas maganda talaga skin ko kapag nagmomoisturizer ako. Pag hindi ako nagmomoisturizer my skin looks ruddy and dull. I have oily skin.

Yung derm ko before ayaw din magprescribe ng moisturizer. Pero acceptable naman yung reason nya: para mabawasan yung possible culprit ng pimples ko noon. The more products, the more interactions (both sa skin and to other products) so mahirap mapinpoint what's really causing the problem.

I believe in moisturizers kasi, moisturized skin daw is strong and more resilient to forces. Kahit basic moisturizers lang pwede.

Yung sa sunblock naman, I believe that most sunblocks or sunscreens are moisturizers na din basta yung mga cream or gel cream formulas, kasi kapag binabasa ko yung ingredients, may mga emollients, humectants and occlusives naman sa list. Except siguro yung mga japanese na watery sunscreens na laden with alcohol.

ilovejdy

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #484 on: August 13, 2015, 08:11:47 am »
oo nga, baka depende sa state ng facial skin if need pa magmoisturizer or not? I remember this japanese woman Masako Mizutani
na sikat kasi she looks really young like her daughter's sister lang. And she mentioned na she applies moisturizer whenever she remembers, kaya may moisturizer siya na nakalagay sa sala para kapag nakita niya, naglalagay siya.

I guess I want to hear a korean derma talk about anti aging kasi sila mga obsess sa baby faced features (kaso makasurgery nga lang sila)

mimiku

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #485 on: August 13, 2015, 09:21:15 am »
Heto ang problem ko - sunblock. Whenever I use it, nagkakabutlig ang face ko. I feel sad kasi it is one of the most important skin regimen that I need to follow. Pasalamat na lang ako kasi oily ang skin ko so wala pa akong gaanong wrinkles, to think I don't use sunblock. I just use light moisturizers.

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #486 on: August 13, 2015, 07:04:52 pm »
^ ano ma-recommend mo na eye cream, sis?

Ako sis i use the olay one :)


^ anong klase ng sunblock mo sis? Maybe it's too heavy? Marami ng facial sunblock ngayon in the market ;) hanap ka lamg ng hiyang/thin consistency. :)

reighnyielle

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #487 on: August 14, 2015, 10:41:42 am »
Ako sis i use the olay one :)


Sis the regenerist one?  :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 10:44:07 am by reighnyielle »

leoanmsotelo

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #488 on: August 14, 2015, 12:50:18 pm »
Olay total effects, the best  :)

rae

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #489 on: August 15, 2015, 01:05:25 am »
oo nga, baka depende sa state ng facial skin if need pa magmoisturizer or not? I remember this japanese woman Masako Mizutani
na sikat kasi she looks really young like her daughter's sister lang. And she mentioned na she applies moisturizer whenever she remembers, kaya may moisturizer siya na nakalagay sa sala para kapag nakita niya, naglalagay siya.

I guess I want to hear a korean derma talk about anti aging kasi sila mga obsess sa baby faced features (kaso makasurgery nga lang sila)

Meron din akong nabasang article written by a cosmetic chemist na yung moisturized skin mas kaya mag-handle yung negative effects of the sun. Syempre best pa din sunblock.

Anyway, ipaglalaban ko talaga moisturizer ko :D

ashley_0713

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #490 on: August 15, 2015, 08:22:48 am »
Olay total effects, the best  :)
^Loreal anti aging revitalift yun yung gamit ng mom ko. Sobrang kinis pa ng mukha nya.

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #491 on: August 15, 2015, 08:38:43 am »

mariebiscuit

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #492 on: August 19, 2015, 02:42:17 am »
Im 40s already,,I dont have wrinkles pa,,kaya lang pimple prone parin skin ko ,hahahaha parang teenager lang ang peg ng face ko,,kasi kung kailan me naging 30 yrs old doon nagka hormonal imbalancel ,,I drink lots of water ,non caffenated teas such as chamomile tea,hibiscus tea ,and detox water w/ lemon and cucumber....seldom drink softdrinks half glass pa,,I drink milk before bedtime,,I exfoliate every other day using only organics or natural ,,such as mixing rice powder and turmeric powder,or rice powder and milk powder then add small amount of water and scrub in circular motion and let it dry for 10mins and rinse off,,,pag tinamad I use hhn face exfoliant scrubs during bath time and use moisturizer w/ sunblock sa day time,,,I apply also 3 drops of grapeseed oil afre washing and toning as night regimen,,then around eyes I massage it using hhn rosehip oil or grapeseed oil using little finger ,,,I sleep at least 6-8 hrs a day ,,,I do walking or jogging as my daily exercise...eat vegies and fruits also,,

mikaelavhan

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #493 on: August 19, 2015, 10:47:14 am »
,I exfoliate every other day using only organics or natural ,,such as mixing rice powder and turmeric powder,or rice powder and milk powder then add small amount of water and scrub in circular motion and let it dry for 10mins and rinse off,,,

pag tinamad I use  apply also 3 drops of grapeseed oil afre washing and toning as night regimen,,then around eyes I massage it using hhn rosehip oil or grapeseed oil using little finger ,,,I sleep at least 6-8 hrs a day ,,,I do walking or jogging as my daily exercise...eat vegies and fruits also,,

May turmeric powder ako dito at ang dami dami pa..di ko kasi kaya yung lasa..glad nabasa ko dito .magamit  nalang sa face..


Anong brand ng grapeseed oil mo sis?
Thanks!

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #494 on: August 19, 2015, 10:54:05 am »
^ you can also use turmeric powder as face mask sis :)

a7ee

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #495 on: August 19, 2015, 03:49:59 pm »
Heto ang problem ko - sunblock. Whenever I use it, nagkakabutlig ang face ko. I feel sad kasi it is one of the most important skin regimen that I need to follow. Pasalamat na lang ako kasi oily ang skin ko so wala pa akong gaanong wrinkles, to think I don't use sunblock. I just use light moisturizers.

Sis try mo kaya yung - Shiseido Ultimate Cleansing Oil ganyan din ako dati eh akala ko allergic ako sa sunblock.. yun pala dahil water resistant un ginagamit ko na sunblock hindi sya natatanggal ng regular cleanser kaya ako ng kaka break out.

mimiku

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #496 on: August 19, 2015, 09:28:41 pm »
^Para kasing hindi naabsorb ng skin ko yung sunblock though I am not sure lang kung baka hindi lang ako hiyang. I tried moisturizers kasi na may mataas na spf ayun hindi talaga siya pwede. Anyway, sige I'll try to purchase yung suggestion mo. Thanks!

ataypool

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #497 on: August 20, 2015, 08:39:54 am »
^Why won't you try the sunblock/moisturisers with spf for babies and children?

roxyhart

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #498 on: August 20, 2015, 11:47:10 am »
I was told, if you break out from using sunblock, it's not because of the sunblock per se -- you probably are not removing all traces of your sunblock, which causes break outs. Double cleanse is recommended if you use sunblock. As for me, it's a must everyday na, I don't go out of the house without it. :)

Let me share this very exhaustive and informative post on anti-ageing. She's deemed an authority naman in skincare, and you might learn a thing or two from her as well:
http://www.carolinehirons.com/2010/08/beauty-mouth-dissects-anti-ageing.html

Just to sum up a bit, do avoid:
- too much sun (use sunblock!)
- too much sugar (ang hirap hirap nito huhu!)
- smoking. as in no smoking

As for the products, do use the following:
- SPF
- Vitamin A (retinoids)
- Acids: glycolic/lactic/salicylic
- Vitamin C&E
- Niacynamide

I will add something too: adequate sleep, moderate exercise, lots and lots of water, a diet rich in plants and other whole food, inner grace and lots of optimism to hurdle us through life's setbacks. :)

Our emotional and mental health are connected to our skin. We are radiant if we are blissful inside. If stressed and troubled, our skin turns dull and drier than usual.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 12:03:14 pm by roxyhart »

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Anti-Aging Tips and Products
« Reply #499 on: August 20, 2015, 01:27:07 pm »
i've been using olay TE for 5 years na :)

Okay naman ba sis? Anong TE gamit mo? How old are you if you dont mind sis? :P

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close