My sisters gave me a baby shower but being O.C. I helped them out plan and organize the shower.
I personally made our invitations. I made the layout, had it printed (3r size) and bought 4 packs of envelopes at National Bookstore (10pcs each). I also inserted the card Rustan's gave me when we registered.
Here's a picture of the layout.
http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss330/jewelsclothes/babyshower/showerinvites.jpgYes that's my baby boy's picture!

We invited friends and relatives and had the shower at the rooftop of our house. 40plus guests came and it was so much fun. My sisters prepared games and prices.
1st game: Guess the size of Mommy's belly
2nd game: Guess the baby item inside the bag
3rd game: Smell the "dirty" diaper
4th game: Bottle races
5th game: Baby business game
for the food
plain rice, pasta, ham and cheese rolls, tacos, seafood supreme, kaldereta, pork hamonado, chicken cutlets.
leche flan, fruit salad and puto bumbong for dessert
and assorted softdrinks, few bottles of beer and martini
I suggest that you register so that you will receive items that you really need and if ever you have identical items you can return it. We registered at Rustans and Baby Co. plus if you register your baby you and your guests will receive 10% discount pa.
^My cousin gave me a diaper cake. It's one of my gave gifts.

I'll try to post a picture. The diaper cake she gave me is a three layered consisting of 30pcs of newborn diapers and assorted baby items like 2 receiving blankets, 2 pairs of booties, 1 pair of rattle socks, organic stuffed toys, combi feeding set (bowl with spoon and fork), 1 teether rattle, disposable bibs, avent pacifiers, munchkin bottle brush, 26piece set of deluxe baby essential kit (nail clipper, digital thermometer, finger toothbrush etc). She asked her friend daw to help her make the diaper cake and it's just so sweet of her to make me one pa!