Author Topic: What have we learned from the recent floodings?  (Read 41913 times)

kikayforever

• Probationary
Re: What have we learned from the recent floodings?
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2009, 06:26:38 pm »
love ourselves and appreciate all these naturals wonders around us and protect them from further damages, help restore and mantain our mother earth. These must be part of the curriculum on how we could contribute in preserving the environment.

simply_elegant

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2009, 12:54:57 pm »
lahat pantay pantay pag dating sa baha...
enjoy life!

joannarabara

• diaper haus
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2009, 08:49:51 pm »
true pantay pantay talaga tayo sa mata ng Diyos.
ask ko lang if may thread ba regarding sa mga nasira na cars, kung ano ba dapat gawin etc?
diaperhaus01.multiply.com

twinkletown

• certified outdoor junkie, certified kikay, madaldal at online seller na
  • Super GirlTalker
  • i'm a b*tch, i'm a lover, i'm a child, ...
    • the TWINKLE in TOWN
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2009, 11:13:58 pm »
what ive learned is that to be contented on what we have right now and be thankful for them. it is ok to dream, pero wag na yung sobra sobra.

very applicable yung song na live like we are dying by kris allen. na to live each day of our lives as our last, and lets always tell to the people who matters to us that we love them.
life's a b*tch, deal with it

the best revenge to be very poised and beautiful

http://martinezmrv.blogspot.com
http://twinkletown.multiply.com
http://twinkletown.terapad.com

summersong

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2009, 03:29:42 am »
In this age of laptops, media players, cellphones, and wireless connectivity, natalo silang lahat ng hamak na transistor radio nung bumaha.  ;) Lahat ng gadgets na-drain na ang baterya, but given you've a couple extra AA's, the transistor can keep you updated and connected to the outside world for days when you're stranded in the middle of a flooded area.

Just buy only what you need, and dispose of things that you don't use. Don't get too attached to what you have. If you're not using stuff that's still perfectly usable, give it to someone who really needs it. Mas maganda namang may makagamit, kesa maimbak sa bahay. Added clutter na, pest breeding ground pa, nawalan pa ng silbi lalo't kapag nadamay sa kalamidad tulad ng baha. Dagdag hirap pa sa paglilinis.

Build a second or third floor, with a rooftop terrace. With a water tank. Lifevests. A rubber boat. Other emergency staples.

It pays to have good quality hardwood furniture. Lulutang lang sila, pero hindi tuluyang masisira unlike those made of plywood. Bumilib ako sa mga sinaunang narra and teak furniture namin.

Keep your master set of housekeys updated and organized. And keep it where you can easily find and reach it. Sa ganoong klase ng baha, kung kailangang lumikas, then you will literally be able to lock all doors when you leave to prevent theft. At makakapasok kayo ulit sa bahay ng walang problema.  ;D

greyish

• miracles continue to happen!
  • GirlTalker
  • stay positive!
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2009, 03:03:17 pm »
always be ready...expect the unexpected...

most of all, si lord pa din ang masusunod sa mga bagay bagay.....and be thankful... all of us who survived
thank you for the blessings :)

rheagirl

• Senior GirlTalker
  • happily married
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2010, 01:22:37 pm »
isang buwan nalang tag-ulan na na naman sana umpisahan na nila ang paglinis ng mga estero at ilog wag na nila hintayin ang bagyo for may extreme rain fall na na naman due to extreme heat!

sylvester_jmc

• GirlTalker
  • Natural Beauty
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2010, 12:42:02 pm »
Ako pakiusap ko sa magulang ko eh lumipat na sila ng bahay at siguraduhing may second floor. At ang baha sa amin eh malapit na sa bubong ng bahay naka elevate pa yung bahay namin kahit bungalow lang. tsk tsk tsk. kaka trauma talaga! :(
:) :) :) Aim something that is reachable.

u8mypinkcookies

• Simply Smashin'
  • Super GirlTalker
  • ♥Chocoholic.Java Junkie.Shopping Diva♥
« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2010, 01:57:08 pm »
it's been exactly a year since Ondoy happened... we'll sana natuto na mga Pinoy...
There are four basic food groups: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate & chocolate truffles. ♥

Munchy Crunchy

cindylulu

• Super GirlTalker
  • live well, love much, laugh often
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2011, 03:20:40 pm »
i will buy a transistor radio. stock up on water and food. learned this the hard way when last tues we were stuck at our condo which is near manila bay. be a girl scout - figuratively speaking.  :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 03:23:21 pm by cindylulu »
The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time - James Taylor

Purple_Power

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2011, 03:23:22 pm »
In the morning we should put water on bath tub, para pag nagkabrownout dun na kami kukuha ng panligo.

seescandy

• GirlTalker
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2011, 05:11:41 pm »
should definitely invest on a small generator. enough to power the ref and lights. i can do away with not having the airconditioner but not having lights is definitely a challenge. as for the ref, just to prevent the food from spoiling like it did during the last typhoon.

tiggerlily

• Super GirlTalker
  • Whoa!
    • The Lazy Mama
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2011, 07:08:40 pm »
^you can avoid the spoiling the food in your fridge/freezer by filling up your freezer to almost full. mas matagal sila madefrost kung isang malaking yelo sila. you can fill it with either food or ice. then as much as possible avoid opening it habang wala pang power. makakatulong rin if you have an inventory list of what's inside posted sa ref para di na bukas ng bukas ng pinto. maiisip mo na ang dapat mong kunin sa loob bago mo pa buksan.

bleudskymd

• MD, DPAFP
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • yeah bah!
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2011, 09:14:51 pm »
be always prepared, vigilant..
"I cheated on my fears, broke up with my doubts, got engaged to my faith & now I'm marrying my dreams."

jennyg

• Wedding Planner Magazine
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2011, 06:52:16 am »
I will buy some flashlights, batteries and candle to use in these times of calamities

smoothie

• Mom @ work
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2011, 09:45:14 am »
when buying a house...it is important to check the location if it floods easily or not. if you are located in a low lying area, better make your house higher to avoid the flood going inside your house.
buy the necesseties. like flashlights, instant food, etc.

nung ondoy, since we cannot cook kasi yung stove nasa labas, we ate mooncake :) hehe

mdanica07

• your sis next door...
  • Probationary
« Reply #96 on: December 26, 2011, 06:30:14 pm »

May inflatable na kming mini boat sa rooftop namin with Radio & batteries  ;D
Be ready at all times.
Better safe than sorry.
Do hope TOTAL LOG BAN is implemented forcefully by the Goverment.  >:(
***** if you have it, FLAUNT it!

iandboy

• GUYTalker
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2011, 05:29:14 am »
-for me, impractical sakin ang magpatayo pa ng 2nd or 3rd floor dahil 2 lang kame dito sa haws aalog alog na kami nun.  kelangan ko ng life jackets at... mini boat!!!

san nakakabili ng mini boat?? :D

we should always wear life jackets........

ravena

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2012, 04:55:12 pm »
none. nakakatawa, lalo na yung ginawa sa roxas boulevard. sus, maryosep. mga pinagloloko tayo.
The key to succeeding in a relationship is not finding the right person; it's learning to love the person you found.

twelve5

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2012, 05:28:07 pm »
Eto sabi ng handyman ko dati - yung mga power outlets, normally mababa sya diba. Sa mga recent houses daw na ginagawa nila na nasa low lying areas, parang nasa 4ft ang height ng power outlets sa wall.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close