watch now

Author Topic: US TV: How i met your mother  (Read 101534 times)

inchiqueko

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #520 on: April 02, 2014, 06:46:59 pm »
Worst ending ever for me. Too forced. Robin loved Barney. Ted has always been a consolation prize.

Because, being in love with one another is not a guarantee that you will last forever.  Robin loved Barney. No doubt about that. Barney loved Robin.  But there were differences that not even their common qualities and quirks can manage to help their marriage work out. 

In the real world, two people who end up together are not necessarily THE ONE for each other.  Ted loves Robin more than Robin loves Ted?  I think so, because she loved Barney more.  But then, again, the person we love so much is not necessarily THE ONE for us. 

mrscolunga

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #521 on: April 02, 2014, 10:54:50 pm »
*SPOILER ALERT*


is it just me, or is HIMYM like the Miriam Quiambao and her new husband's love story?  ;D
just kidding!
so totoo nga, the mom dies, pero sana man lang nagka-scene si robin at mom sa death bed na parang "take care of him, will ya?"
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 10:57:27 pm by mrscolunga »

Antigone

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #522 on: April 03, 2014, 03:13:48 am »
Hay I still can't get over my disappointment. I feel like Ted deserved so much better than someone who stomped on his heart over and over! Parang now that she's old and greying eh sige na, si Ted na lang.

Anyway, sino kasama sa HIMYD? Or totally different cast?

scrapbookjunkie

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #523 on: April 03, 2014, 09:55:52 am »
indeed,worst finale ever. i did not watch the finale since  may spoilers na naman on how it ended. so ang last episode na napanood ko was barney and robin's wedding. that's good enough for me.

Antigone

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #524 on: April 03, 2014, 11:28:22 am »
^Ako din, spoilers lang nabasa ko, mobile internet lang kasi gamit ko, binabawalan ako. But tumakas ako I watched Inside the Actor's Studio ng HIMYM cast. That gave me my Robin-Barney fix <3

t_r_i_s_h

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #525 on: April 03, 2014, 01:06:50 pm »
A lesson from HIMYM:

If we want to see something legendary to happen, we're going to have to wait for it.

simplykristine08

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #526 on: April 03, 2014, 01:45:24 pm »
Nabasa ko to sa isang review, mas lalo uminit dugo ko kay Robin.

"And even though her marriage to Barney ended after just three years, Robin learned to love and finally understood what she missed out on with Ted. While she didn’t interfere with Ted and Tracy’s love story, she did, painfully, remove herself from their friend group when it became too hard to stand on the sidelines. In the deviously titled How I Met Your Mother? It has always been Robin."

t_r_i_s_h

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #527 on: April 03, 2014, 01:53:46 pm »
One of my sister's friend sent me this thru FB:

Trish, for what it's worth, I liked how they ended HIMYM more than how they ended FRIENDS. Tingin ko I'm one of the few who actually appreciated the ending in the context of what the author in the article calls timing and the different shapes and form that love can take. And kung sinundan din yung series, it's nice that Ted ended up with his one great love. And nakuha din niya yung gusto niyang family life through the mom. Ang naging off lang siguro sa tao kasi na-hype yung question na "who is the mom" for 8 seasons. Pero if you think about it, hindi ba the first episode pa lang ang last line was something like "and kids, that is how I met your Aunt Robin". Thinking back, it's nice how the series came full circle with that ending. It began and ended with his great love, Robin. May nabasa nga ako na comment ng fan--"in the end, it was never about the yellow umbrella; it has always been about the blue French horn"

and I just said to myself OO NGA the ending made sense  :)

simplykristine08

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #528 on: April 03, 2014, 02:02:34 pm »
Mas nahurt tuloy ako for Mother. kasi parang naging stepping stone sya para magkatuluyan si Ted and Robin. And, for the whole 8-9 seasons, pinakita kasi na Ted and Robin will never work. Ewan ko, bitter talaga ako. Okay na ko na patay si Mother, pero Ted and Robin in the end, nah!

crazy_krizsa

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #529 on: April 04, 2014, 04:12:45 am »
I also hate the ending... Actually Season 9 is the worst season talaga. Hinde ko na to masyadong tinutukan coz i find it sooo dragging. Naka move on na ako na hinde na talaga pwede si Ted and Robin then Robin and Barney are meant for each other. Nawalan ng saysay ang kwento ni Mother kasi she died, parang haaaa??? Worst ending talaga.

mitcha15

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #530 on: April 04, 2014, 05:06:52 am »
Ano ba yan... All these time, deads naman pala ang mother na yan. ang KORNi talaga ng ending ng series na Ito.  >:(

simang

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #531 on: April 04, 2014, 05:51:59 pm »
^agree agree agree

I feel sorry for the mother, maganda pa naman yung pagkabuild sa charaacter nya.

Mas matatanggap ko pa kung bagong tao ang nakatuluyan ni Ted after the mother died, not Robin. Kase ibig sabihin naka move on na talaga silang lahat. Sobrang naawa lang ako sa Mother. Haha

snoopy042184

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #532 on: April 05, 2014, 12:49:11 am »
I envy those that have not watch the finale. You save yourself a decade of good memories  :'(

This is the only show I watch from beginning to end. I had cry, laugh, love, and learned a lot from this show that I could forgive all the silly episodes in between because the good one's overpowers all the bad. The gang felt real, like they are my friends. There laugh is my laugh, there cry is my cry, there stupidity is my stupidity. That was how I felt.

But why oh why did they have to destroy Nine Years Of Character Growth in a matter of Forty Minutes. If they wanted to settle this kind of ending, they should have ended this in season 6 or at a much earlier season.

Season 6 to Season 9 develop Barny from a womanizer  into a person capable of love. Crap all the "Robin" proposal and all the silly cheesy lines before and during the wedding. I know real life isn't always  a happy ending but why did they have to develop Barney and Robin love story in 2 to 3 seasons and have them break up in less than 40 minutes of episode. I felt like I was slap by  a Million Exploding Suns by the writers.

Robin, just as I thought she had become more close and open to the gang. Here she was again returning to her distant, career oriented and self centered Robin she was in Season 1. How could she say she love Ted? It was more of Ted had always love her but she haven't reciprocated it in a way it seems fit.

Ted. Oh, the ever sweet, humble and romantic Ted. Just when I thought He had move on with Robin. Here he go again, going back to Robin. He had all his chances, from Barney's jinx/proposal episode, the locket, the runaway bride theme before the wedding yet he let it pass. Crap also the balloon letting go episode. 

The only saving grace is that Marshall and Lily had remain solid till the end.

Am I bitter. Yes I am  :(
 
But one thing for sure that will remain with me forever was how I njoy the ride in between. (Minus the finale).


« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 12:53:24 am by snoopy042184 »

rae

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #533 on: April 05, 2014, 02:22:32 am »
Para mas maging madali ang acceptance ko sa ending, nag-iimagine na lang akong ng mga scenario dun sa mystery 6 years na hindi pinakita.

Parang forced kasi talaga.

Iniisip ko na lang din na para syang death through airplane crash. It may be a bad death, pero it's not the end, it's the journey. And napasaya naman ako nung 9 years that passed no matter how  I don't like how the story ended.

Feeling ko kasi, magiging ok naman ako dun sa story line na gusto nung writers if they've ony written it well. Kaso hello lang.

Imagine mo yung pacing sa show, they shouldn't not have shown the "moving on to another woman part" just a few seconds after you "kill the mother"! That's so messed up.

And it's enough that Ted and Barney shared a girlfriend.  But to share a wife?! That's just so messed up.

meimei

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #534 on: April 05, 2014, 04:09:58 am »
May nabasa ako sa isang forum na dapat daw iba ang title ng HIMYM, ilan ito sa mga suggested nila:

- How I Settled for Your Stepmother
- How I Used Your Mother to Have Kids that Aunt Robin Could Never Have
- How I Pissed Off an Entire Fanbase in One Hour


snoopy042184

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #535 on: April 05, 2014, 10:28:09 pm »
Still in the withdrawal stage. Sad that it has to end but always knew it have to end now.

I always love HIMYM twist and turns but the last twist has not blew me away like any of the great past episodes. I felt disconnected on how they end it. But no matter how much I did not like the ending, there would always be smiles whenever I remember all the great past episodes before the finale.

It was hard to ignore the ending but I have to remind myself that I would not be here if the writers have not created a wonderful show that got me hook for years. It was their story, it was what they have wanted to end it so for all times sake, I keep it as such.

-There are moments when I wish I could roll back the clock and take all the sadness away, but I have the feeling that if I did, the joy would be gone as well- Landon Carter

Antigone

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #536 on: April 06, 2014, 07:18:22 am »
And now, they're going to give us a Happy Ending

http://time.com/50456/how-i-met-your-mother-happy-ending/

simplykristine08

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #537 on: April 06, 2014, 12:43:00 pm »
sis Meimei, kuhang kuha mo lahat ng hinanakit ko sa show. sabi ko nga, kung may spoiler lang dati na Ted and Robin pa rin sa huli, hindi na sana ako nanood. Whole season for Barney and Robin's wedding, tapos ganun ang ending. Masakit isipin! Nakakainis talaga.

meimei

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #538 on: April 07, 2014, 02:38:51 am »
It was their story, it was what they have wanted to end it

that's why i find it disappointing, kasi the writers seemed stubborn na dahil yun na yung na-conceptualize nilang series finale during the early part of the series (season 2 pa lang yata, when they didn't know how long the series would run), they really wanted to stick to it, no matter how irrelevant that "original concept" is now because the show has evolved so significantly since season 2.

so yung story and character development for the past 9 seasons, they contradicted just to stick to the ending they originally conceptualized. ang ganda ng character devt nila kay Robin, natuto nang pagsabayin ang love and career when she was in a serious relationship (and engagement) with Barney. tapos nung married na sila, nag-regress siya sa old self niya? si Barney, nagkaroon na ng pinnacle moment na hindi na niya kailangan ang Playbook because of Robin, then nag-regress din siya? sayang much ang character devt.

ang point ko lang, their original concept of the finale (way back in Season 2) was no longer relevant to what the show has become now.

Antigone

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #539 on: April 07, 2014, 04:57:15 am »
^Exactly.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close