watch now

Author Topic: US TV: How i met your mother  (Read 101861 times)

babyface82

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #280 on: November 05, 2012, 08:54:00 pm »
sis meimei...i cant get over the link....

super natawa ako na parang nadismaya...hindi ko maexplain....kasi fan ka ako ng both shows...

yeah although im a fan of HIMYM...sometimes i feel like ted's kinda slow or perhaps he does not know what he wants or how to get what he wants....

pero given na its barney-robin who will get married....the closure between ted and robin should have been a done deal....hindi iyong may paasa moment...kaya tuloy mukhang ewan na si ted...

tomatostellar

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #281 on: November 05, 2012, 10:57:21 pm »
yeah I also dont like how HIMYM resembles F.R.I.E.N.D.S too much., pero pagdating kay Barney and Robin para sa kin, 1 point yung sa HIMYM..

mooncake and leaves

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #282 on: November 06, 2012, 03:45:27 am »
Loser or not, I still like Ted and I still identify with him. That idea lang of not being where you thought you would be and in the process of trying to find out, panay mistakes na lang haha- that's very familiar. :)

rae

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #283 on: November 06, 2012, 04:44:03 am »
Buti na lang pala hindi ako nanonood ng Friends before.

Palagay ko, depende sa kung nasang phase na ng buhay yung viewer kung magugustuhan nya si Ted or not.

I guess lampas or around mid-30s na yung character nya sa show, and kung ako yung girl, ayaw ko ng ganung guy na parang may identity crisis, na lost, na wala pa ring sense of self at that age.

Di pa din sya nakakalampas sa new college graduate attitude, unlike all other characters na nag-grow na with both their careers and personal relationships.

mooncake and leaves

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #284 on: November 06, 2012, 04:54:06 am »
^ i love friends and admittedly, i didn't want to give himym a chance before but i'm glad i did. there are similarities but the jokes naman aren't the same. and mas open-ended ang plot ng friends. i love both and if i had to choose now, well, i don't want to. ;D

i think more and more people in their late 20's-mid 30's can relate to ted. i certainly do. when i watch ted, i see myself. but i would've given up haha so somehow bilib pa din ako sa fighting spirit niya.

Antigone

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #285 on: November 06, 2012, 08:50:30 am »
How I Met Your Mother grew on me. Tried to resist it, being an avid Friends fan. Pero wala, got sucked in din. I used not to like Lily and Marshall. Now i find them adorable. I used to have the biggest crush on Ted. Now i just fins him dorky. Si Robin, i find too strong-looking to be the female love interest pro ok lang. Barney is awesome. I love the Barney and Jerry (dad) angle.

tomatostellar

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #286 on: November 07, 2012, 03:14:49 am »
just saw the last ep.. victoria vs Robin.. tsk,, but i would still watch the show mostly because or Barney..

and how cute ang dog!! ♥ ~ ano name ? Brover?

boohoo

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #287 on: November 09, 2012, 12:51:08 am »
Interesting. Friends and HIMYM...

Aside from the character resemblance, there was also one time a couple of seasons ago, there was a tampuhan among them, and there is this scene where Barney was feeling sentimental, looking out the window, it is raining and All by Myself is playing in the background.  Any Friends fanatic would know that was a stolen idea..

That being said, i kept on watching and fell in love with HIMYM. I liked the first few seasons where we would have a glimpse of the mom, her foot, her umbrella... and that made it exciting. Ang tagal nawala ng reference na yon until the 'closure' episode of Ted and Robin when we again saw the yellow umbrella.  That was still my favorite HIMYM episode to date. bittersweet.

I will always root for Ted.  Heck, I dont even like Robin.  She seems stone hearted compared to Ted.  And hindi rin ako nagagandahan sa kanya. Ang laki ng panga nya. :D.  A friend made a good point that 'nadungisan' na si Robin when she got involved with Barney.  What kind of a girl will she be if she will go back to Ted? (hello Ross-Rachel-Joey triangle. :) )  that was a good point but that didnt stop me from rooting for Ted and Robin. I like the idea of Ted and Robin only because I know how Ted loves Robin.  And I dont think its being a loser.  Its just no one has ever come his way that will make him fall in love again just like how he loved Robin.

Hay Ted... I also hope this show will end, maybe then I will see Ted get his happy ending that he deserves. :)

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #288 on: November 09, 2012, 01:16:02 am »
ang weird pa rin na ok lang kay ted na naging si barney (playboy!) at robin (ex). hahaha and i dont like it na roommies si ted and robin tapos parang si robin is with barney na.

tomatostellar

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #289 on: November 09, 2012, 01:31:20 am »
after everything i still love HIMYM ♥ at susundan ko pa rin sya

rae

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #290 on: November 09, 2012, 01:39:54 am »
@boohoo, I don't see Robin as nadungisan BUT, I can't imagine myself sleeping and being barkadas with 2 out of 3 of my bestest guy friends.

That' just... unfathomable (at least for me it is)

eeekar

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #291 on: November 10, 2012, 12:39:01 am »
Hindi nga realistic yung part na yun.
Specially since I think na may feelings pa talaga si Ted kay Robin when Barney became her boyfriend.
Siguro dapat eh nagkaroon muna sila ng rift na medyo tumagal.
Or dapat may awkwardness talaga.

babyface82

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #292 on: November 10, 2012, 05:33:05 pm »
actually, it's more of the HIMYM writers that i'm frustrated at.

truelily! pak!

^and yeah napaka unrealistic....

hindi ka nagiisa sis rae

are they on break? parang naulit yung episode kagabi?

mrscolunga

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #293 on: November 12, 2012, 01:08:52 am »
Ang hilig nung victoria ma-bare ng arms e ang laki naman. Good riddance! Medyo nauubusan na nga ang writers ng ideas when they start recycling old storylines

rae

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #294 on: November 12, 2012, 09:27:00 am »
^ ano nga kayang plano ng writers?

I expected victoria na magka-roots man lang ng onti. Parang biggest love nya pa si Zooey, and mas naramdaman ko pa yung relationship nila.

simplykristine08

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #295 on: November 12, 2012, 08:49:46 pm »
wait, nalito ako. diba si robin eh si barney ang mapapangasawa?

i hope robin is NOT the mother!!

eeekar

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #296 on: November 12, 2012, 11:18:01 pm »
I think they already established nung 1st episode pa lang that Robin is not the mother.
So unless may incredulous plot twist silang gagawin eh talagang hindi sya yung mother.

^I agree. Sana medyo hinabaan pa nila yung kay Victoria. Kasi imagine, she walked out on her wedding because of Ted. Tapos he proposed and then they broke up again just like that. Sana binigyan pa ng depth yung story nila.

rae

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #297 on: November 13, 2012, 02:38:33 am »
^ and I didnt even feel her truly become part of the gang.

To an extent, parang mas naging barkada pa nila si stripper ex-gf ni Barney and Zooey (Ted's ex-gf)

tomatostellar

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #298 on: November 13, 2012, 05:27:12 am »
^ true that.. zooey is my fave amongst Ted's ex

Antigone

  • Guest
Re: US TV: How i met your mother
« Reply #299 on: November 13, 2012, 06:33:48 am »
Ako naman, si Zoe pinaka-ayaw ko. Not because of anything, but because to me it was like watching Cameron from House play Zoe.

Like ko din sana si Stella, if only she's not too associated with Scrubs. Nahihirapan ako isipin na iba silang character.

Si Victoria pinaka-like ko. Yung episode nila ang favorite ko, when they met in a wedding. :)

Si stripper hot siya, pero parang dirty blonde siya. Parang madumi hehe! Pero hot siya. Kahit dun sa isang show na sandali lang tumagal na siya yung bida na nag surrrogate mother siya sa sis niya (I forgot the title) hot siya.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close