watch now

Author Topic: BAler, Aurora  (Read 142146 times)

gquind_rn

  • Guest
Re: BAler, Aurora
« Reply #220 on: March 21, 2013, 02:19:53 pm »
Mga sis may marerefer ba kayong accommodation sa baler for next week?

littlemissbiyotch

  • Guest
Re: BAler, Aurora
« Reply #221 on: March 22, 2013, 04:32:10 pm »
Sis, I recommend Secret Spot, Baler. Seaside. =)

kaisha

  • Guest
Re: BAler, Aurora
« Reply #222 on: April 19, 2013, 04:24:26 am »
mga sis, ok ba waves ngayon sa Baler?  you think madaming tourist dun ngayon? we're planning on going there over the weekend..

thanks

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: BAler, Aurora
« Reply #223 on: April 20, 2013, 03:17:05 pm »
Mga sis, me naka-try na magdala own car to Baler? Or yung nag-rent ng van from Manila? Mga ilang hours byahe? Ok naman ang daan? Backup plan lang namin, just in case maubusan kami ng seats sa Joybus.. Baka 6-8pax kasi kami..

kaisha

  • Guest
Re: BAler, Aurora
« Reply #224 on: April 22, 2013, 01:51:19 am »
Just got back from baler!!!! :) finally!!! I've been wanting to go here ever since..:)

^Sis, I think carry lang naman mag Dala ng own car, dami ko nakitang mga naka van dun over the weekend.
Mga 5-6 hours Ang byahe..


BicuriousGm

  • Guest
Re: BAler, Aurora
« Reply #225 on: April 28, 2013, 11:56:57 am »
Yup pwede naman magdala ng car basta ang daan nyo rizal-pantabangan side and wag sa Bongabon side.
Kain kayo ng suman, paco leaves salad or ensalada paco leaves...bring cooler jug mura seafoods and beef duon. Enjoy your stay!

abbey

  • Guest
Re: BAler, Aurora
« Reply #226 on: April 29, 2013, 05:03:19 pm »
magbabaler kami sa may.. egzoited!!  ;D
ano ba okay na ipasalubong from baler? sobrang nakakaloka ba ang alon dun?

BicuriousGm

  • Guest
Re: BAler, Aurora
« Reply #227 on: April 29, 2013, 06:02:59 pm »
Month of Feb malalaki alon dun sis, maiuwi mo suman. Kasi known sila sa suman festival nila. If mahilig ka sa orchids...mura orchids dun. Mura seafoods at beef.

abbey

  • Guest
Re: BAler, Aurora
« Reply #228 on: April 29, 2013, 06:41:53 pm »
ah talaga.. sana medyo maalon pa din sa may hehe para masarap magsufring lalo..  ;D
thanks sis! biglaan alis namin wala na ko time magresearch.

patchuchai

  • Guest
Re: BAler, Aurora
« Reply #229 on: April 29, 2013, 07:50:12 pm »
mga sis sino naka experience mag stay sa costa pacifica. may nakakita na ba dito? maganda ba? may promo kasi sila kaso i send email and texted them kaso walang reply. any feedback?

matetreyes

  • Guest
Re: BAler, Aurora
« Reply #230 on: April 29, 2013, 11:43:55 pm »
costa pacifica is not yet open, but the newly rehashed Casas de Bahia and Casitas de Bahia are now open. they belong to one compound. I was supposed to go there last weekend, but we weren't able to get a joybus ticket. so sa august na lang. by that time open na ang costa pacifica. it's the same developer as misibis.

kaisha

  • Guest
Re: BAler, Aurora
« Reply #231 on: April 30, 2013, 12:12:12 am »
We took the alternate route to baler via cabanatuan since joybus was fully booked and genesis as well. My friend and I left Cubao at around 7am and arrived at Cabanatuan before 10am.
We were able to ride the Aurora bus before 11am. Kaya lang, even if the bus was full na and may 2 pang standing, the bus left pa rin ng mga past 12. I don't know why though. Baka the driver ate pa or whatever.

On the way, we were still in Tarlac I called The Secret Spot for reservations. Tita Rose, offered us the hammock room first for 200/head. Then eventually offered us the fan room. I told her we were still in Tarlac and would arrived later in the day since cutting trip nga kami. Tita rose gave us a number of the tricycle driver, who would fetch us at the terminal.

When I noticed that we were in Baler na, i tried calling the tricycle driver-but he was not answering my calls. I also tried calling Tita Rose, she was not also answering. When we got off the bus, we booked a reservation muna.
Fully booked na yung pang 3pm and 2pm (April 21) and 4:30am and 5:30am (april 22). We had no other choice but to book for the 1pm Joybus (April 21). We had work kasi ng 11am, Monday-bummer!!!
While trying to book for a ride back to Manila, I was still trying to call the tricycle driver and Tita Rose. But still.......
So we rode another tricycle. We saw a picture of tourist spots posted in his tricycle and ask about the rate, told him our dilemma with time. Before we got to Secret Spot we already had an IT. ( Before going to Baler I already did some research on what to visit , but I just don't know where to go first.)

By the time we got to The Secret Spot, it was almost 5pm.  Tita Rose informed us that she gave our room to a family who arrived 3 mins ahead of us!!! She thought we won’t come na daw!! I told her that i was trying to call her and the driver but neither would pick up the phone. She said the only available room was the hammock room for 200/head. I was ok with that sana, if I have more companions. Cowboy naman ako eh. But we were both girls, and the hammock room also called the shared room, would not be safe for us. (There were hammocks inside a room that was open and people could just go in and out of the room)  Next, she told us her friend also rents out a room and charges for 250/head, but it was not beach front. That was fine. She made "sugo" the friend's son to inform the mom about it, but the mom was in the market. So she asked us if it was ok for us to share a room with her. She showed us the room-it was wide naman..(and since fully booked na lahat we said yes na.) My friend asked if it was the same price-referring to the hammock room—yes naman daw)

We told Tita Rose about our plans of surfing first, but she said the waves are not high enough and konti lang.. So we decided to go visit some of the tourists spots.
Kuya Rommel—our driver/tourist guide/photographer (he takes good pictures by the way) brought us first to ANIAO ISLET, then to DIGUISIT FALLS and DIGUISIT BEACH, then ERMITA HILLS. Then we had dinner at the ROLLING STORES. By the time we finished it was almost 9pm na. We told kuya Rommel  to drop us at La Flor where 3 of my friends were staying. (why we dint stay with them, is a long story)

Since they haven’t eaten yet, we  went to YELLOW FIN. We ordered nachos, pork chop and grilled yellow fin. We waited for more than an hour before our food was served. Sobrang tagal! We kept on following up our order pero tagal pa rin. Bumaba na lang ako to follow up mismo. Yung nakasalang sa grill yun na daw yung order namin. As I look around I saw people eating with the same order we have, and they weren’t there when we arrive. So I told the lady who was taking orders what I have observed and she said they thought we cancelled our orders and left. Maya’t maya kaya namin finofollow up yung order naming, kaya nga ako bumaba na kasi sobrang ang tagal na naming nag hihintay. Then one of her companions asked the one grilling if that was the last order-referring to our porkchop and fish. Nainis na talaga ako di ba. I told them-ni last niyo yung order naming, eh kaninang kanina pa kami dito..—sobrang bagal ng service—siguro nga kasi nalito na sila or something. Even the one who was grilling was also annoyed na, kasi parang yung iba hindi alam gagawin. He even said- ano bang ginagawa nung manager sa taas? Wala ba siya dyan? Bakit magulo? (yung nakita ko sa taas na mga guys-not sure kung sino sa kanila yung manager, were drinking lang, talking and playing sobrang loud music-which we requested to tone it down)

When we got to The Secret Spot, tita Rose and her husband were already asleep. Our mattress was there na, but there were no pillows or even a thin blanket. It was fine, kasi I always bring my malong with me kasi lamigin ako and I have a jacket which my friend used along with her jacket. It’s medyo windy kasi, so medyo mahangin.

We woke up at 5:30. My head was throbbing, maybe because I don’t have enough sleep for a couple of days na. Tita Rose, offered us breakfast-hotcakes and coffee.
We started surfing after. Kahit bongga ang sakit ng ulo-surf pa din..hahaha! Our instructors were Kuya Ian and kuya Coffee. Since this isn’t my first time to surf, Kuya Ian and I reviewed the basics muna before hitting the water. Kuya Rommel was there early so nakisuyo kami if he could take our pics.

When we were about to pay, they said kay Tita nalang daw ibigay.When my friend was about to give the payment she said-350 po diba, so 700 kaming dalawa..-It was 450 daw!!! siningil kami ng 450 each.Di na kami umimik kasi  malamang sa alamang may cut sila. And bakit di kami diretsong nag pay kina kuya di ba?

We left before 8am for our day trip. Kuya Rommel, brought us to AMPERE BEACH. better daw if we were there early morning (which was the original plan) kasi maganda daw sunrise dun. Then we went to Balete Tree. May mga binatilyo who guides you in climbing the tree. They offered to carry our bag for us. When we were on top of the tree na, one of them who was carrying my bag got my friend’s bag from his companion. I thought naman, para mas ma guide kami nung isa, tas support na lang siya..pero he went down ahead of us, without me noticing it, kasi I was busy trying not to fall. When we were halfway down na. I called out to the other guide to take our picture. Tas medyo kinutuban na ako. So when we got down the tree na, I immediately checked on bag. When I opened it, may 100 pesos on top of my other things, I find that odd kasi that was in my phone case. I know I had a thousand inside my camera case, because before leaving the house, I went back upstairs to get money from my other bag for emergency purposes and tuck it inside the case because I have not brought a wallet with me. and I have not used my camera at Ampere. Last time was while we were surfing. I checked my bag and wala talaga. By the time we got to Quezon Park and Museo de baler, that was when I told Kuya Rommel about it. Ayoko kasing basta na lang mag bintang without evidence. Kuya said, I should have told him before we left. He told the guard or caretaker at Museo about it. The guard told us that next time we should only entrust our belongings to our drivers as they are really designated by the local government. That was our mistake. We didn’t know naman kasi that we could climb the Balete.

Anyway, after MUSEO DE BALER we went to DONA AURORA ARAGON’s HOUSE-but it was closed and to BALER CHURCH. Then had lunch again at the rolling stores.

Then we went back to The Secret Spot to get our things. We paid 250/head for our stay. I think the price was too much, pero nahiya na kami to bargain.

Since we still have time, we went to the pasalubong center-kaya lang wala ng suman. We bought keychains na lang for our officemates.

Tama yung isang sis natin about the “Bahala na po kayo” answer, when asked about the fee of tricycle rent. Because that was the same answer kuya Rommel gave us. Hahaha!!! We gave him na lang 800. If I hadn’t lost my money I would add more, kasi he was very nice naman. And when we eat, sinasama narin namin siya sa budget-kasi mura lang naman sa rolling store, tas we have baon na mga chips and bread-we share it din with him.

Inkdrops: (pretending I wrote this on paper..hehe)

If you were to ask me, Would I recommend The Secret Spot?- my answer for now, would be NO. I was a bit disappointed because of what I have experienced. I told Tita I read about the place in blogs-so that would give her a heads up na sana that bloggers would of course include rates.  When we asked her how much the fan room is-She said it was 1,500 (though she initially offered it to us for 250/head) and A/C room is 2,500. I know rooms rates are subject to change, but it was a far cry from the blog I read here at GT  stating the fan room is 750 and A/C room is 1,500.

-Then Kuya Rommel, informed us that while we were surfing, the friend or katiwala of tita Rose got mad at him. Sabi daw, they have tricycle drivers who they call once they have guests.  Once pala you made reservations with Secret Spot, you can’t hire any other tricycle drivers. I was thinking baka medyo mas pricey na. Remember the surfing fee? We were charged a hundred more.
Whole day rate kasi for tours is about 600-800. And half day tour is 300-400. I think depende sa layo ng mga pupuntahan.

-although mabait naman si Tita rose.. but still…… Though it’s still up to you guys. Who knows, you might have a better experience than I did.

For tour guide/driver/photographer-- I highly recommend Kuya Rommel Buencamino—09382760737
--Super efficient, he arrives early, He also gives bits of info on the places you visit. He’s medyo shy- chikahin niyo lang para maging at ease siya.
--Siya na nag ayus ng It.. you just have to tell him the places you would want to visit..para alam niya kung ano uunahin..medyo magkakalayo kasi yung mga tourist spots..

For Surfing Instructors- Kuya Ian and kuya Coffee- though I only have kuya Ian’s #—0930-151-1369.
-I suggest you contact them directly so that you only pay the instructor and the board.


****sensya na, medyo mahaba yung post..just wanted to share.
****I would definitely go back here kasi I haven’t visited a lot of tourist spots pa..=)

applerock83

  • Guest
Re: BAler, Aurora
« Reply #232 on: April 30, 2013, 11:18:49 am »
sis kaisha, yun ang isang napansin namin sa baler, parang kahit saan matagal magserve ng food at kelangan lagi ifollow-up para siguradong naasikaso nila. Except nalang kung sa rolling stores ka kakain, of course. Ang mahal nga nung surfing lessons na siningil sa inyo, yung samin nung Feb, P300/head lang sa Baler Surf, sa tabi ng Bay's Inn. Pero alam ko ang standard nga sa Baler e P350.

Nung umakyat kami sa Balete, ginuide din kami ng mga bata dun pero mga camera lang pinahawak namin nung paakyat at pababa. Tiwalang tiwala pa naman kami sa mga bata dun. Me kalokohan din pala.

Nakakatuwa, andami nyo napuntahan sa Baler. Kami 2 days 2 nights sa Baler pero di kami nakapag Ampere, Aniao, at Diguisit. Hilig kasi namin tumambay-tambay. :D

kaisha

  • Guest
Re: BAler, Aurora
« Reply #233 on: May 01, 2013, 12:47:21 am »
^na stress talaga ako sa tagal ng order sis..tas rereason nila kinancel namin..kaloka di ba?

mahal talaga yung patong sis-medyo carry pa sana kung 400 yung singil sa surfing lesson..
sarap din sana tumambay lang, pero gusto ko kasi puntahan yung iba pang tourist spots eh..yung mother falls di namin napuntahan
na kasi kulang sa time..hopefully makabalik during the -ber months..tas chill chill nalang din..=)

patchuchai

  • Guest
Re: BAler, Aurora
« Reply #234 on: May 01, 2013, 12:55:28 am »
@sis matet:
thank you sa feedback, naguluhan talaga ako sa casita de bahia, kala ko iyon na ang mismong costa pacifica. wait ako mag-open ang costa. thank you.

littlemissbiyotch

  • Guest
Re: BAler, Aurora
« Reply #235 on: May 02, 2013, 08:37:08 pm »
^aww, sorry to hear that sis, nung nagpunta kami dun (February) it was 750 for the fan room. Dalawa lang kami. Then for surf lesson we paid Kuya Joel 350/person. Yung sa Yellowfin, may pagka-matagal nga sila, pero ang ginawa ko tinarayan ko hehe para ma-sindak. Ayun, sinerve agad yung amin.

kaisha

  • Guest
Re: BAler, Aurora
« Reply #236 on: May 02, 2013, 09:59:04 pm »
^not your fault naman sis..=)
  ok naman yung place..yung experience lang talaga..

abbey

  • Guest
Re: BAler, Aurora
« Reply #237 on: May 03, 2013, 03:03:58 pm »
mga sis, not sure kung ot, pero ano ba proper attire pag surfing? baka kasi pag bikini top and shorts lang, manippl* slip ako.  ::)

applerock83

  • Guest
Re: BAler, Aurora
« Reply #238 on: May 04, 2013, 01:25:30 am »
sis abbey, ako preferred ko rashguard and board shorts tapos two-piece sa loob. Sa lakas kasi ng alon pwede tumaas yung suot mo. Tapos make sure na yung bikini top mo, yung maganda ang kapit. Di ko sure kung meron sa ibang surfing brands, pero ang Rip Curl, meron silang bikini top na me "silicone lined elastic band to help keep it in place and secure." Ito yun pag nababasa e kakapit sa balat.

Nung first time ko magsurf, marami akong gasgas dahil sa friction sa board. So iniisip ko nun kelangan ko ng rashguard na long sleeves at mas mahabang board shorts. Pero nung pangalawa naman, okay na, wala ng gasgas. :)

abbey

  • Guest
Re: BAler, Aurora
« Reply #239 on: May 04, 2013, 11:22:50 am »
nyay hehe baka umuwi akong sugatan pala  ;D.. first time ko kasi magsusurf hihi. parang kelangan ko nga yata bili ng rashguard. thanks sis!  :D

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close