Author Topic: your favorite saint and personal testimonies  (Read 97074 times)

Mahal122898

Re: your favorite saint and personal testimonies
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2009, 09:05:19 am »
I was there too Sis! Days before his feast nagpupunta na ako sa Greenbelt Chapel (my mom just had a stroke that time). Share ko din, a day before his feast siya naintroduce sa akin by one of my client over the phone dahil lam niya nagkasakit mom ko.  Lam nyo minutes after I hang up the phone may dumaan sa office ko and gave me a Novena of St.Pio then that same night pagpunta ko ng Greenbelt Chapel nakita ko picture niya and found out na that week is dedicated to St.Pio.  Sobra pakiramdam ko nun mga sis.  Ramdam na ramdam ko na St.Pio will be there to help me.  Through him my faith become stronger.

Another thing, I was able to bring my mom to St. Pio Center in Libis.  My mom and I were in front between the Altar and St.Pio, my sister in law said he saw an old man standing sa left side ng mother ko.  I was so sure it was Padre Pio and so thankful for his blessing.  Ngayon I just gave up everything to the Lord, I know whatever happen in my life is His only will.

Sorry po napahaba.

blushydamsel

• from miss to mrs! i'm also a
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2009, 04:13:53 pm »
^katuwa naman sis! :) God is really really good.
Thanks to Padre Pio for his intercession too especially sa mommy mo. :)

Mahal122898

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2009, 04:46:46 pm »
God is really good sis.  Just this morning my sister called me up and inform me the good news.  My mom was able to walk again on her own.  2 months and 9 days pa lang after niya mastroke and maparalyze half ng body niya she was able to recover na.  Sabi ng nuero niya dati 3 to 6 months daw normally development. Hay.. Ang bait talaga ni Lord!

sweet_cherry

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2009, 09:39:04 pm »
mga sis,

anyone has a copy of a novena of Padre Pio?

I went to a chapel dedicated to him in libis (just before honda)

rckgypsy

• Parisian by culture, Filipina by heart
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2009, 09:44:30 pm »
ako po kay Our Lady of Lourdes. I am beginning to read a lot about the miracle in Lourdes. St. Bernadette.

Ever since I feel fondness over St. Scholastica and St. Benedict, St. Claire of Asisi, St. Francis of Asisi. I want to go to the chapel of St. Pio in Libis.
"On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." - Le Petit Prince

daspunk

• GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2009, 08:45:15 am »
favorite ko rin si Padre Pio and si St. Claire of Assissi.

Based on my experience, when my heart feels so troubled, when I pray to  Padre Pio in the chapel in Libis, gumagaan talaga loob ko. Galing talaga. Saka napakapowerful ng spirit dun sa loob ng Padre Pio shrine. Nakakamove talaga.

Yung sa St. Claire naman, I prayed that I get into this particular company. Medyo mahirap kase dun palang sa pre-employment exam, salang-sala na. A week and a half after I prayed, I was notifie that I passed the pre-employment exam. Now I'm still praying for her to intercede for me sa department exam and interview. Basta bilib ako talaga sa dalawang saints na yan. :-) First time ko magpray kay St. Claire noon pero may intercession agad. :-)

laey

• GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009, 10:10:57 pm »
Pwede ba hindi Saint?

Mother of Perpetual Help kasi saken.
~Nung nagrereview ako sa board exams, nagpupunta ako dito every Wednesday.
~Nung nagaapply ako ng work dito din. Nung nagdecide akong magOFW, dito din.
~Pinagdasal ko din yung kapatid ko na umalis na ng bahay namin, hindi ko naman siya pinapalayas sana lang makahanap na siya ng trabahong maganda.

At narerealize ko ngayon kung gaano kabait ang Diyos sa akin at hindi ko alam kung bakit nagkakaganito ako ngayon.  :-\

Imagination was given man to compensate for what he is not, and a sense of humor to console him for what he is.  ~ Francis Bacon

choleb

• GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2009, 11:16:49 am »
My favorite one: Mother of Perpetual Help
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  - Mark Twain

slickchick

• WaRpEd & TwIsTeD
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Enjoying the Best of Both Worlds...
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2009, 04:20:34 pm »
^sis same experience tayo! di ko din nga alam kung bakit eh.. lalo na nung hinawakan ko yung hands ni st. pio na statue.. pero paglabas ng chapel ang gaan talaga ng pakiramdam ko..

pa-join po. amen sis! i agree with you on this. my family hears mass at his shrine in libis. and everytime i leave, ang gaan ng feeling. i also believe st. pio is miraculous. there was a time na akala ko mari-retrench ako sa work plus the fact na madami akong officemates na backstabbers who are saying negative things behind me. i cannot leave the company kasi i needed the money to support my son (single mom kasi ako). i prayed very hard to st. pio na sana wag ako ma-retrench and sana i'll get vindicated sa lahat ng negative things na ginawa sa akin ng officemates ko. with God's help and st. pio's intercession, i was fortunate enough to survive the retrenchment in our office. and those officemates of mine who backstabbed me were soon reprimanded by our manager and director because they were also causing discord sa office. ngayon, i still go to st. pio to ask for his help, be it sa work, sa lovelife, or life in general. i just try my best sa work, and leave everything in God's hands. kumbaga, "God, St. Pio, kayo na po ang bahala sa amin ng son ko.."..  :)
Sky above me... Earth below me... Fire within me...

hunnyfunny

• *daydreamer*
  • Probationary
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2010, 05:12:57 pm »
st. therese - hindi pa tapos yung novena ko, my prayers are granted na. yung family ko sa kanya din madalas mag-ask ng intercession.

st. benedict - anything related to work or career. when i pass by his chapel, i ask for his intercession lagi, be it for a fun day at work, protection from masusungit na clients or pag naghahanap ako ng bagong job.

st. francis of assisi - for a happy family life. madaming families ako kilala na sa kanya nagpray and buo sila kahit madaming problems na dumating.

icy_ace

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2010, 02:39:26 pm »
mine is SAINT PIO. 'have lots of answered prayers na.. lots of miracles din. m still praying (through his intercession)... na sana pagkalooban na kami ng anak (normal, healthy, happy baby). btw, our wedding anniv is sept 23... feast of saint pio.
God Bless us... Mama Mary loves us.

Mr.Punch

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2010, 03:50:41 am »
Pwede ba hindi Saint?

Mother of Perpetual Help kasi saken.
~Nung nagrereview ako sa board exams, nagpupunta ako dito every Wednesday.
~Nung nagaapply ako ng work dito din. Nung nagdecide akong magOFW, dito din.
~Pinagdasal ko din yung kapatid ko na umalis na ng bahay namin, hindi ko naman siya pinapalayas sana lang makahanap na siya ng trabahong maganda.

At narerealize ko ngayon kung gaano kabait ang Diyos sa akin at hindi ko alam kung bakit nagkakaganito ako ngayon.  :-\

The Mother of Perpetual Help is the Virgin Mary.

The Virgin Mary is the first and the greatest of all saints.

So, the Mother of Perpetual Help is definitely a saint. ;-)

greyish

• miracles continue to happen!
  • GirlTalker
  • stay positive!
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2010, 01:02:54 pm »
marmi me pinagdadasalan na saints and of course kay mama mary.

si st anthony de padua, naku he really never fails pag laging meron me hinahanap, lagi kong nakikita..

st sealtiel, guardian angel sya ng sis ko. one time nagkasunog sa amin, when i saw the house of my uncle, naku konti na lang madidilaan na house namin. for some reason I think i just saw an angel guarding our house. alam ko si st sealtiel yon
thank you for the blessings :)

laey

• GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2010, 08:56:54 pm »
The Mother of Perpetual Help is the Virgin Mary.

The Virgin Mary is the first and the greatest of all saints.

So, the Mother of Perpetual Help is definitely a saint. ;-)

Oh, yeah. What was I thinking? :o How ironic, I studied in St.Mary's. ;D Una kasing pumasok sa isip ko mga santo lang. Salamat.

I once went to St.Jude din pala, according to my friends, most people who went there (who are single), nagiging in a relationship. Yeah, it happened to me. But I don't wish for one, I was taking qualifying exams then for my course and I prayed I'd pass. And I did.
Imagination was given man to compensate for what he is not, and a sense of humor to console him for what he is.  ~ Francis Bacon

sweet25

• GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2010, 11:45:27 am »
St Jude and St.Therese for me... I been praying for a lifetime partner quite so long. ANd this two saints answered my prayer. Inspite of my situation i found a responsible and a good provider husband and more than happy because i have a healthy two months baby now... God is good talaga.

rainbow11

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2010, 05:53:47 am »
share ko lang, although st.anthony is not one of my favorites, talagang tested ko nang he helps those who are trying hard to find something.
when i lost the usb for my thesis, i kept on calling his name to help me find it. i didnt pray the novena, i just kept on asking for his help. nakita ko yung usb under the sofa, after 13days.
another instance, nawala yung favorite kong kuting. inisip ng fmily ko, baka nasagasaan na raw o baka naligaw pauwi. i asked again for his help, di ulit ako nag novena pero i kept calling his name pag naaalala ko yung lost kitty namin. surprisingly, one morning, nakita ko yung kuting namin sa gate, mataba pa rin tska malinis sobra. e ineexpect ko nun magiging madusing siya dahil nga baka nagpalaboy-laboy, 4days din kasi siyang nawala.
I love shopping for fragrances and beauty products, and dining out, too! <3

greyish

• GirlTalker
  • stay positive!
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2010, 09:09:37 am »
i'm now praying kay padre pio..

last week, before i start praying kay padre pio, i was looking for a medallion nya that i can keep sa purse..wala sa st paul. then sa quiapo, sa bilihan ng beads, meron! sabi ko sa kanya, ngpaparamdam na sya sa akin..yehey!  ;D

i believe this is the start of a good relationship with padre pio :)

kettlekorn28

• a very happy wife & mom and a
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 10:17:45 am »
My favorite saint is St. Mark the Evangelist, the one accompanied by a lion. He's also our barangay's patron saint. We believe that he saved our barangay during the 2 world wars. Bugbog ng bomb yung mga nearby towns kalapit namin. Yung lugar namin di talaga na-damage. Personally, bukod kay God, sa kanya ako nahingi ng tulong. Napagbibigyan naman ako. His greatest gift to me? Ang pagpasa ko sa board exam for teachers. :D

I also want to share this story told to us by 2 teachers. This happened to them about 10 years ago. One of the teachers is originally from our barangay. Relative namin sya. Ang napangasawa lang nya ay taga-main town, so sa bayan sya nakatira. The fellow co-teacher who's with her eh taga-bayan din. May okasyon kasi nun sa school which is nasa barangay namin. Di ko lang talaga matandaan kung anong okasyon. Hehe! Senior moments! Haha! Well anyway, they went home together. Naglakad lang sila since wala ng sasakyan dahil madaling-araw na. Tsaka in a matter of 10-15 mins nasa bayan na sila. Ang church namin madadaanan nila since ito yung nasa boundary. So kwentuhan sila habang naglalakad para maalis ang takot. Nung malapit na sila sa church, they noticed something shiny sa gitna ng kalsada. At first, they thought it was a golden retriever or some kind of large dog. Nasa tapat ito ng church at nakadapa doon. Habang palapit sila ng palapit, natakot sila ng sobra. You know what they saw? A very large golden lion. Halos ma-occupy na raw nito ang kalsada dahil sa laki. Di raw sila makagalaw, couldn't decide whether to run away or go on and pretend that a lion was there. Tapos naalala ni relative ko na ang kasa-kasama nga pala ni St. Mark palagi ay isang lion. Sinabi nya yun sa co-teacher nya na naninigas pa rin sa takot. Sabi nya na wag matakot kasi di daw sila lalapain ng lion. Nilakasan na lang daw nila ang loob nila. Paglampas nila sa lion, nung nilingon nila, wala na ito. Naku, kinaumagahan kalat na ang kwento. Naniniwala naman kami kasi both of them are respetadong guro sa lugar namin. Yung mga ayaw maniwala, nagtatawa lang. Pero sabi nila, "ok lang na wag kayo maniwala basta kami, we feel blessed." :D
God has given us the greatest gift of all. And that is you, Baby Matthew! :)

greyish

• GirlTalker
  • stay positive!
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2010, 08:52:29 am »
wow sis, swerte nila or let's say blessing yon to see the golden lion of St. Mark..

Ako, nangangarap ako talaga na sana mag apparition sa akin si Mama Mary or kahit sinong Santo tapos sandal ako sa lap nya and will tell me that everything will be ok..

Pero sympre, sino nga ba ako para sa akin mag aparisyon ang mga banal. Kaya i just imagine that :)

slickchick

• WaRpEd & TwIsTeD
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Enjoying the Best of Both Worlds...
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2010, 09:40:13 am »
hello mga sis and bros (just in case na meron), aside from our favorite patron saints and Mama Mary, may alam po ba kayong saint na pwede pag-pray-an if you want to find/have a better job or if you want enlightenment regarding your career? tipong patron saint sya of workers/working people. thanks in advance po sa replies.  :)
Sky above me... Earth below me... Fire within me...

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close