watch now

Author Topic: christmas decors, anyone started home decorating?  (Read 101552 times)

marose17

  • Guest
Re: christmas decors, anyone started home decorating?
« Reply #200 on: November 07, 2011, 09:20:56 pm »
Hubby and I decided to add a hint of orange to our main tree.  Thus, the main tree is predominantly ornamented in gold with accents of orange.  Nice!  And it didn't clash with the red ornaments in the small  tree because that one is upstairs.  The colors also blended well with the paintings in our living room.  It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in our house.   :)

the_missus

  • Guest
Re: christmas decors, anyone started home decorating?
« Reply #201 on: November 09, 2011, 04:19:38 pm »
our tree is in red and gold, although I wanted to buy new decor.  I finally brought out our christmas village but I cant find the lights and I displayed it in one long table. i also have some silver pine cones and blue balls which i displayed in a big glass vase. it's a work in progress....

lilstar

  • Guest
Re: christmas decors, anyone started home decorating?
« Reply #202 on: November 11, 2011, 09:40:32 am »
Ours is already up.., theme: Blue and Silver.

We will use it as long as the decors are still ok.. We bought the tree and ornaments last year so ok pa talaga.. Siguro change ko ang theme pag mejo nasira na or may budget na pampalit.. We can still use it for the next 5 yrs siguro..  ;D

kerolie

  • Guest
Re: christmas decors, anyone started home decorating?
« Reply #203 on: November 17, 2011, 01:05:48 am »
oct pa lang nakadecorate na house namin.  i know its was a bit too early then, but nagkasakit kc yung eldest ko (sore eyes) and nabore cya. so i decided to put up the decors para may magawa naman cya

jenrb

  • Guest
Re: christmas decors, anyone started home decorating?
« Reply #204 on: November 17, 2011, 11:16:41 am »
Mga sis, I need help! San sa divisoria makakabili ng christmas tree and trimmings? Hindi ko kase kabisado ang divisoria eh. I usually don't decorate during christmas, kaso my sister and her family are spending christmas with me. Gusto ko naman magdecorate ng christmas tree for my niece. Help!!

the_missus

  • Guest
Re: christmas decors, anyone started home decorating?
« Reply #205 on: November 18, 2011, 10:36:25 am »
^along tabora pa lang, you can get a lot of decors na. or you can just go to 168 mall para isang venue na lang.

jenrb

  • Guest
Re: christmas decors, anyone started home decorating?
« Reply #206 on: November 18, 2011, 10:42:32 am »
^super thanks sis! Mga magkano kaya ang christmas tree na 5 ft? Gusto ko [textspeak!] parang shredded na dark green [textspeak!] leaves. Thanks so much! :)

chixxx23

  • Guest
Re: christmas decors, anyone started home decorating?
« Reply #207 on: November 21, 2011, 11:09:15 am »
Went to dapitan  arcade yesterday. Daming magagandang decors. Its my first time decorating our apartment kaya excited ako. Was able to spend less than 5k for our 6ft xmas tree including all decors!!!!

ecnarfoj

  • Guest
Re: christmas decors, anyone started home decorating?
« Reply #208 on: November 21, 2011, 11:17:41 am »
We went malling yesterday not for christmas tree hunting but just to have fun time with the family.
Na-inspire talaga ako sa mga decors sa mall na nagtingin tingin na nag-canvass na rin ako ng Christmas tree. Kaya lang sa sobrang kuripot ko, di naman ako makabili kasi namamahalan ako sa mall.

Di naman ako makapunta ng divisoria so parang hopeless case na talaga.

Napunta kami sa Pergola sa BF and dun sa 2nd floor may mga binebentang christmas tree. I-asked kung magkano sabe 500 lang kasama na yung decors. I asked kung bakit mura dahil hindi naman maliit yung tree mga 5ft din yun. May sira na daw kasi yung tree and yun mga decorations not exactly maayos lahat. Pero mukhang maayos naman. Di naman obvious yung sira nung tree. Yung decors naman I can work with it. Binili ko na.
Blue and Silver yung decors niya pero im planning na palitan pa rin siya.
Gusto ko sana Blue and Beige/Nude/Gold parang ganun. :D

pomegranate

  • Guest
Re: christmas decors, anyone started home decorating?
« Reply #209 on: November 21, 2011, 12:05:08 pm »
Not me, my mother is into it though as in na-addict this year sa Santa Claus. The place has no Christmas tree but Santa Claus are sprawled like undisciplined rascals everywhere. It's a good thing isang 20 inches lang pina-adopt sa akin.
Ako I'm ok with a piece, though I would want a wooden nutcracker din siguro. Yun na lang since I do not know where I would stuff them once the season is over. I'll just microwave a cinnamon stick or use peppermint oil diffuser come December.

myleia27

  • Guest
Re: christmas decors, anyone started home decorating?
« Reply #210 on: November 21, 2011, 12:34:29 pm »
theme for this year: red and gold from last years blue and silver. :)

finished hanging the garlands, decorations, and stockings inside the house. mostly icicles and diamond shapes ang hanging decors. finished putting up Christmas lights everywhere. buti na lang si hubby magaling sa electrical stuff, hindi siya mauto ng mga salesmen sa ACE hardware because he knows exactly the lights and materials that he needs to make it work.  :) i'm impressed with the light combinations that he made. tiga sabit lang ako ng decors.

we don't have a Christmas tree but we have this huge vase we filled with those red and gold twigs and branches and hung crystal and glass ornaments. i love how the lights reflect and sparkle when it hit the ornaments.

kulang pa ako ng Christmas themed centerpieces for tables, Christmas themed candles for our altar, and fresh Poinsettia flowers in pots. Also, mother and MIL's requesting for a capiz made parol.

last year wala pa kami masaydo decors kasi 6 months pa lang daughter namin, ngayon 1yr and 6mo na siya on Christmas, na aappreciate nya na ang decors so nag extra effort kami mag decorate this year.

pretty_in_victorian

  • Guest
Re: christmas decors, anyone started home decorating?
« Reply #211 on: November 21, 2011, 01:27:36 pm »
Halloween pa lang, decorated na bahay namin.. :P red and gold theme ko this year.. i just put white lights sa tree ko kasi ayoko ng colorful lights nakakatrigger ng migraine.. favorite ko sa lahat ng decors yung tree namin kasi ako may gawa.. as in over flowing with Christmas decors.. i also have "faux" presents uder my tree though meron din naman real presents for my family and me..

meron din kaming christmas-y table centerpiece na nabili ko sa SM last year..i arranged it myself.. christmas wreath, glittery apples, pears, etc.. sa sala naman, sa tabi ng phone, may christmas-y cookie jar kami na tumutunog pag binubuksan.. may cookies din naman sa loob.. :P

pati tissue holder christmas themed din.. kleenex na binili namin sa S&R..

favorite holiday ko yung Christmas kaya it's a must na mag decorate kami!

sa labas, dad ko na bahala dun.. hehe..

mishmish

  • Guest
Re: christmas decors, anyone started home decorating?
« Reply #212 on: November 25, 2011, 08:27:04 pm »
My kumare and I will go to Dapitan Arcade tomorrow. I wonder if they sell table top christmas trees there? Yung may lights na... Meron ako kaso isa lang, nasa sala sa baba. Plan ko sana bumili ng isa pa para dito sa taas, kasi tinatamad akong ikabit yung malaking christmas tree namin kasi sira-sira na :D

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: christmas decors, anyone started home decorating?
« Reply #213 on: November 30, 2011, 03:10:01 pm »
Here is our Christmas tree for this year. With lights on kaya di masyadong makita yung decors. I only used 2 sets of lights for the 6ft tree. Since the tree is against the wall, there areno decorations at the back. Lol. I used our tree and decors last year and just added a few items.

http://instagr.am/p/WIxnj/


Btw, where can I buy nice tree skirt? My budget is below Php 1k. I saw in megamall but it's Php 1.5k+

chiqmom

  • Guest
Re: christmas decors, anyone started home decorating?
« Reply #214 on: December 01, 2011, 11:39:31 am »
^that's nice als.

For us, its a colorful Christmas. First plan was to use all red decors but since out tree is green, hindi masyado makita yung red. So I used different colors for the decors instead. I used snow spray din pala but hindi ko masyado nagustuhan effect.

Curtains din pinalitan na for the Christmas season. My mother sewed the curtains during her free time.  ;D  October pa sya nagstart manahi. White sya with snowflakes in red.


billy

  • Guest
Re: christmas decors, anyone started home decorating?
« Reply #215 on: December 01, 2011, 12:08:12 pm »
kami rin unti-unti for the past few days, pero today, sana matapos na namin ang tree. 3rd year na namin purple pink and silver. next year na ko magpapalit.

Inspired by Kim Chiu's tree, I added apple green to our purple pink and silver tree, and to our window garland. At least pag nagpalit ako next year, I can retain the apple green.
 
The rest of the house are decorated with stockings, green garland with red/gold berries.

michi247

  • Guest
Re: christmas decors, anyone started home decorating?
« Reply #216 on: December 01, 2011, 04:22:00 pm »
kakaput up lang namin kahapon ng christmas tree, same tree and decorations from last year.

theme: orange

hindi ko alam paano magpost ng picture and baka bawal din magpost ng link ng blog. paclick na lang blog ko sa signature if interested kayo.

@hunny_ally - may nakita ko na tree skirt sa sm, P499 siya, maganda siya pero parang expensive sa kin pero since 1k ang budget mo, pasok ito.  :) kaso sta rosa ko nakita baka sa ibang SM meron, baka naubos na yung mura sa megamall.

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: christmas decors, anyone started home decorating?
« Reply #217 on: December 01, 2011, 05:12:07 pm »
^thanks! but ang layo! i live in QC. baka nga naubos yung cheaper ones. I'll check in Sta. Lucia this weekend

By the way, to those who are still buying christmas decors, i saw in shopwise libis that they're selling them at 50% off. Designer Blooms daw 'to. But I dont know if it is from the same company as The Designer Blooms. Nice naman the selections but not as nice as the ones i saw in SM Megamall/

jeanv

  • Guest
Re: christmas decors, anyone started home decorating?
« Reply #218 on: December 04, 2011, 03:04:04 pm »
My tree is finally up. Theme: bunch the ornaments.  Para maiba lang kasi I did not buy new decorations.  I used existing ornaments. (It is posted in my blog , btw)

leletmd

  • Guest
Re: christmas decors, anyone started home decorating?
« Reply #219 on: December 04, 2011, 10:29:37 pm »
Blue and silver pa rin ang theme namin for our condo. I added cut outs of Christmas decor pictures (bells, stars, snowman, etc.) and my 4 year old son helped me put it around the tree. I didn't put any gifts under the tree kasi when I placed some decoy gifts, pinapa-open na kaagad ng son ko.  :D
At my parents' house, their theme is gold and green. They set it up last week in time for my Mom's birthday today. Good luck sa mga gifts under the tree kasi nagpapasimple na ang son ko sa pagtingin. He, he.  ;D

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close