Author Topic: D & C  (Read 248721 times)

peaceinsolitude

• GirlTalker
  • Never asume
Re: D & C
« Reply #520 on: September 25, 2016, 05:06:07 am »
Ladies and sissies. Please help me understand what's going on. I have PCOS for the longest time, and on Aug 21 nagspotting ako then Sept 1 nagstart ng official menses ko. Hanggang ngayon which is Sept 24 may light flow pa din ako so my mom insisted that I go to an OB. Yes matigas ulo ko and I haven't gone to an OB in about a year. The OB told me that my endometrium instead of the normal thickness of 0.5CM has gone to 1.69CM na and one of my follicles is 3CM na and in danger of becoming a cyst. Hence the need for D&C as soon as possible. How do I apply for magna carta leave? Do I still need to go to SSS or sa employer lang? What are the repercussions of having this procedure done? Kasi I'm very much single with no sexual contact and I'm afraid na baka numipis uterine lining ko. May PCOS na ako...would this mean mas mahihirapan ako magkababy?

georynah

« Reply #521 on: October 04, 2016, 07:30:38 pm »
Hello mga sis. Hingi naman sana ako ng tulong sa inyo. I had a d&c last sept 9. Then we decided ni hubby na saka na uli kami mag baby. Unfortunately may nangyari sa amin nung sept 25 without contaceptive. Do you think mabubuntis ako. Sorry po ha. Alam ko lahat ng nandito ttc na pero sa part konkasi masakit pa kya ayaw ko na muna gumawa. Salamat po sa mga sasagot..

krysia27

• GirlTalker
« Reply #522 on: January 13, 2017, 03:28:03 pm »
hi all, i underwent D&C yesterday due to incomplete miscarriage. I was around 8 to 9w :( gestational sac lang, walang nabuong embryo and yolk sac. huhu. I was admitted din overnight. Paalis palang kami ng hospital today.

Question: Ano ang finile ninyong leave? Under the Magna Carta Special Leave for Women(paid by the employer) or under the SSS maternity benefits? Or hiwalay pa ba yun dalawang yun?

Thank you!

myfrancine

• Probationary
« Reply #523 on: December 08, 2017, 01:10:38 pm »
Hi mga sis.. Palabas na ko. Na d&c ako last night (dec7) due to blighted ovum... 10weeks sana ako pero yun nga walang embryo.. Bale sa mcu hospital ako na d&c under kay dra.francisco.. Pf nya including yung anes is 25k.. Tapos bill ko 14k less philhealth is 300 pesos na lang binayaran ko. Bale 33k.. Laking gastos tapos wala [textspeak!] kaming uuwi na baby..

fionaapple

• Super GirlTalker
  • 12-20-2014
« Reply #524 on: December 11, 2017, 10:58:55 am »
hi all, i underwent D&C yesterday due to incomplete miscarriage. I was around 8 to 9w :( gestational sac lang, walang nabuong embryo and yolk sac. huhu. I was admitted din overnight. Paalis palang kami ng hospital today.

Question: Ano ang finile ninyong leave? Under the Magna Carta Special Leave for Women(paid by the employer) or under the SSS maternity benefits? Or hiwalay pa ba yun dalawang yun?

Thank you!

hi krysia, this should be maternity leave. maternity leave ang appropriate type of leave kapag nanganak or miscarriage.

sparklingjewel

• Super GirlTalker
  • What you see is what you get, no filters.
« Reply #525 on: December 13, 2017, 12:04:23 pm »
Just sharing, had my d&c in TMC last Aug due to early demise, procedure was painless and very quick, pwedeng outpatient but opted to stay overnight (1.5 days) to make sure lang i wasnt bleeding when i got home. One heavy bleeding lang ako the first time i went to pee after procedure pero super light spotting nalang after. Rested for 2 weeks to be safe. AF came back after 6 weeks and we got preggy right away that cycle. Glad i listened to my ob as we didnt have further problems.

gorgeousdiva

« Reply #526 on: February 26, 2018, 11:04:30 am »
Just sharing, had my d&c in TMC last Aug due to early demise, procedure was painless and very quick, pwedeng outpatient but opted to stay overnight (1.5 days) to make sure lang i wasnt bleeding when i got home. One heavy bleeding lang ako the first time i went to pee after procedure pero super light spotting nalang after. Rested for 2 weeks to be safe. AF came back after 6 weeks and we got preggy right away that cycle. Glad i listened to my ob as we didnt have further problems.

Hi Sis! if I may ask, how much nagastos mo sa D&C sa TMC and sino ang dr mo? mag D&C rin kasi ako. Thanks

sparklingjewel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #527 on: February 26, 2018, 12:48:11 pm »
^Hi sis, my OB is Dra. Vicencio (the OB Dept chair) and she was also the one who performed the procedure. She is quite old and I must say mukhang magaling nga sya because i've read other people having pains and bleeding etc afterwards and I really just went home as if nothing happened. It actually felt weird for me to have to take it slow for 2 weeks kasi wala talaga akong problem since i got home.

I stayed in TMC 1.5 days (which could be shorter, but I checked in early so OB could administer some meds to me and checked out the next day para lang well-rested) and we paid around 51 or 55k net of Philhealth. 32k of that was reimbursed naman with SSS.

marymi

• GirlTalker
  • cupcake love
« Reply #528 on: June 06, 2018, 04:44:22 am »
Hi Sis @sparklingjewel

May mga meds bang pineprescribe ang OB after ng procedure?

sparklingjewel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #529 on: June 07, 2018, 11:17:32 am »
^Yes sis, there were about 3 meds. Mefenamic acid /normal painkiller lang yung isa dun. The rest are antibiotics to prevent infection yata :) The hospital will give you for as long as naka confine ka but the moment umalis ka you have to buy your own. Dyan ako nagka slight prob kasi di lahat ng drugstore pala meron.  Try to order 1-2 doses extra from the hospital to give you time to buy.

marymi

• GirlTalker
  • cupcake love
« Reply #530 on: August 04, 2018, 05:46:03 am »
^thanks sis!
It's been more than a month since na D&C ako. Paid for a little less than 300php. Less philhealth and Healthcard na yun. As for meds, good for 7 days lang. Walang pain even after ng operation, but yung period ko parang d naman nagnormal, almost 4 days after a week gumagamit pa din ako ng napkin. I was prescribed to take Dianne pills by my OB. Nagdadalawang isip ako bumili  at gumamit nun kasi as per the packaging, it should not be taken especially when you have varicose veins (mejo OT, sorry po)
Has anyone here having the same issue or gumora pa din kayo?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 05:59:23 am by marymi »

freelancer_babe

• I'm a
  • Super GirlTalker
    • The Lady Programmer
« Reply #531 on: November 09, 2018, 09:15:24 pm »
Read some but not all the stories in this thread, my turn to undergo this procedure. Todo preparation ko sa work ko tuloy to turnover work. I got my share of good luck from my workmates.

Sa case ko I'm suffering endometrial hyperplasia. I filed my leave through my employer by informing them that I want to avail the Magna Carta leave for Women. I learned the Magna Carta leave through my OB so I went for that.

This is the second procedure related to uterus that I had. The first one was a hysteroscopy procedure done last year and again I filed a Magna Carta leave and used my HMO to pay for almost everything.
Catch a man a fish and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. (Karl Marx)

3Mildred9

• Probationary
« Reply #532 on: March 08, 2019, 03:34:12 pm »
CROWDSOURCING.

Hi,  suspicious endometrial polyp po sakin, under medication for 1 week.
As of 2019 magkano po procedure ng

1. SIS?
2. D&C?
3, Hysteroscopy?

pabanggit na rin po ng hospital. Salamat po.

*Inhale
*Exhale

Scared is what you're feeling.
Brave is what you're doing.
― Emma Donoghue, Room

o9kristin

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #533 on: June 26, 2019, 07:55:33 pm »
Buhayin ko lang ang thread na to. I underwent D&C last June 21 due to threatened abortion at 20 weeks. Sobrang disappointed ako sa OB ko kasi hindi na nagparamdam after my procedure so I am so clueless on what are the do?s and don?ts. Nakalagay lang sa disacharge paper na ff up ko after two weeks.

1st question: How many weeks should I rest? We want to travel sana. Sobrang painful ng pagkawala ng baby namin. When can I travel? I don?t believe in binat pero ayoko naman biglain katawan ko.

2nd question: Usually ba nagrerequest ng ultrasound after D&C to check if malinis na ang uterus? Or it depends sa OB? How about pap smear?
My ♥ beats for my lil Chestnut!

execratusinsomniac

• Probationary
« Reply #534 on: January 10, 2020, 06:06:41 am »
Dilletage and Curetage (paki-correct yung spellingh if wrong)

in lemans term, pagpaparaspa..

kapag nagpa-abort, or pag nakunan.. need ba talaga magpa-raspa??
 how much it will cost? safe ba? ,magkaka baby pa ba if you will undergo this? masakit ba to?

kasi i have a friend na nag miscarriage, meron din nagpa abort.. thanks. :)

Adding to this post even if it's been a while since it has been updated.... Para kaalamanan na rin po ng lahat.

Quick answer to those who will undergo raspa for miscarriages: Whether or not kailangan magpa-raspa depends if all pregnancy parts or fetus remains have already been expelled by your body. This can only be accurately confirmed by having and ultrasound scan done.

Maaaring dinudugo after magkaroon ng miscarriage and some mommies assume na naturally lang inilalabas lahat ng products of conception, pero there is a slight chance na may matira sa loob ng uterus. Ito ang iniiwasan na scenario dahil kahit maliit na laman sa loob ang matira, it can cause an infection dahil kikilalaning foreign body ito ng iyong katawan. Kung nagkakaroon na ng fever, and other symptoms, best to go to your OB or ER right away para madiagnose ng tama kung may natira pa sa loob ng matris.

With regards to the price, iba-iba ito per hospital and per doctor na magpeperform ng procedure and depende kung mayroon kang PhilHealth. Sa Tricity Medical Center in Pasig, in our experience, most ng expenses ay galing sa professional fee ng OB at ng anaesthesiologist. Kasama din yung ginastos sa ER dahil dun ako una dinala close to midnight muna, bago ako dinala sa Operating Room. In my case kasi, according sa doctor, dadaanin sana nila sa gamot if konti lang ang bleeding sa loob ng uterus. Unfortunately, upon checking sa ultrasound din nung gabing yun, sobrang dami ng bleeding sa loob pero confirmed na wala na yung gestational sac sa uterus. They also added na if there is too much bleeding inside, baka biglang lumabas siya agad-agad and bumagsak ang BP ko. Nagkaroon sila ng mga patient na itinakbo sa hospital dahil bumagsak na ang BP to 80/40 due to excessive bleeding. Ang usual normal po na BP ay 120/80.

Kaya po kami nagdecide na mag-undergo ng D&C procedure o raspa, is to avoid yung ganong scenario dahil delikado nga po kung marami pang bleeding sa loob. In total, inabot kami almost PhP 52k, pero with Philhealth, naging 27k na lang siya.

Masakit ba? During the procedure: no. You will be placed under general anaesthesia or spinal anaesthesia. After the procedure, maaaring maka-experience ng cramping and pain sa likod at abdominal area. Your OB should be able to give you medication for the pain once you're already at home. There is a possibility of spotting or light bleeding na parang may dalaw days or a week after ng raspa, pero it shouldn't be too heavy na makapuno ng 1 pad per hour. If that is the case and excessive yung bleeding, need na po ito ibalik sa doktor.

Magkaka-baby pa ba after raspa? Yes. May mga pag-aaral na nagsasabi na mas mataas ang tsansa na maging healthy ang pregnancy if within 1 to 3 months after the procedure. Sa World Health Organization, advise po nila na maghintay ng anim na buwan. Pero ito po dapat ay maging close monitoring and partnership ng isang mommy at kaniyang OB. Aalagaan po kayo after ng raspa and makakapag-advise si OB kung kailan uli maaari magtalik at kailan ideal na magbuntis uli. Ang importante po dito ay nakapagpahinga na po ang inyong katawan at matris, at nakarecover na siya uli kung sakaling mabubuntis agad muli.

Rasps for other gynecological concerns should be done under the advisement of your OB. Hindi lang po dahil sa miscarriage ginagawa ito. Ginagawa din po ang raspa para sa mga babaeng may mga cyst sa matris o iba pang sakit. (I will not comment na po on the abortion part dahil mayroon pong spontaneous abortion na tinatawag at yung abortion na voluntary ginawa/pinagawa ng mother.)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 06:14:44 am by execratusinsomniac »

Andi Venice

• GirlTalker
« Reply #535 on: March 15, 2020, 09:07:22 pm »
Hi I just had my D&C to remove my endometrial polyp.

My experience was my hemoglobin was low so need akong i blood tranfusion 3 bags yung natransfuse saken i stayed in the hospital for 4days on the 3rd day ako na D&C and spinal anesthesia and the following day labas agad.

I was advised to rest for 1 week. and sinabihan ako ng officemate ko na magingat baka mabinat ako.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close