watch now

Author Topic: Bobbi Brown Thread  (Read 113818 times)

honeybunny

  • Guest
Re: Bobbi Brown Thread
« Reply #320 on: February 08, 2011, 04:43:58 am »
^Cecilia's very nice! Noel Subade is another Singapore-based Bobbi Brown makeup artist, and he's Pinoy! if you happen to see him in Vivo, say hi, he's very friendly! :)

Honeybunny : the corrector is VERY effective. I used this for my makeover and talagang bura ang undereye circles:

http://www.beautynomics.com/blog/2011/02/04/pretty-powerful-thats-what-i-am/

really sis? sigh, di pa ako nakakadaan sa shang, sana wala na dun yung bading na SA ng BB, masungit yun e... ;D  anong shade ba ok for nc30 skin tone para sa corrector nila?

rhumbafrapp

  • Guest
Re: Bobbi Brown Thread
« Reply #321 on: February 08, 2011, 08:43:27 am »
^ Sis i use Peach for my dark circles, NC30 ako. But again, my circles are panda-like.

Among all correctors, BB is the best, but you have to set it well else it will be gone by the end of the day

honeybunny

  • Guest
Re: Bobbi Brown Thread
« Reply #322 on: February 08, 2011, 09:28:33 am »
^thank you sis :) i'll try peach corrector ;)

toodee

  • Guest
Re: Bobbi Brown Thread
« Reply #323 on: February 08, 2011, 10:02:54 am »
I have both the corrector pot and concealer and super ganda ng coverage. Easy to apply and easy to blend as well. =)

honeybunny

  • Guest
Re: Bobbi Brown Thread
« Reply #324 on: February 14, 2011, 02:05:48 pm »
^ Sis i use Peach for my dark circles, NC30 ako. But again, my circles are panda-like.

Among all correctors, BB is the best, but you have to set it well else it will be gone by the end of the day

hi sis.. i went to BB shang last weekend.. yung bading na SA nag assist sakin,, he looks nice naman.. i wonder if he's the same SA who assisted me the last time i went there which i believe was almost a year ago... ???

anyway, he used light peach on me... sabi kasi nya too dark na daw yung peach sakin... and i was surprised! kahit pala wala nang concealer no? ganda! ;D

so sa right eye is yung corrector lang, tapos sa left eye i asked him if he could use the same corrector then KBM aqua eye concealer on top... this combination looks too made up for me... baka di ko na gamitin si KBM pag nakabili ako nito ;D hehe

baka bumalik ako this weekend, i want to try naman yung light peach and peach corrector sa magkabilang eye.. kung ano mas ok,,, para kasing i find light peach too light for my skintone....

chaka i really wasnt able to see it's true color under the sun, kasi i dropped by nars pa to try some blushes then their SA applied foundation on my face after,,,,  >:(

rhumbafrapp

  • Guest
Re: Bobbi Brown Thread
« Reply #325 on: February 14, 2011, 02:38:08 pm »
actually corrector itself can stand alone kasi it neutralizes yun discoloration. love BB correctors talaga! :)


honeybunny

  • Guest
Re: Bobbi Brown Thread
« Reply #326 on: February 16, 2011, 02:18:38 am »
i went there again yesterday.. yung girl nag assist sakin.. forgot her name... but she's so nice... yung peach turned yellow on me.. i wasnt convinced kasi na it's not my shade kaya she let me try it.. haha

natry ko rin yung bisque.. it's my shade but mas ok yung light peach hehe

sis rhumbafrapp, are you nc30-35 po? siguro i'm nc25-30? heheh

how much ulit yung corrector? ???

brattinella

  • Guest
Re: Bobbi Brown Thread
« Reply #327 on: February 16, 2011, 08:42:49 am »
^P1250/P1350  :) if my memory serves me right

PINKAHOLIC

  • Guest
Re: Bobbi Brown Thread
« Reply #328 on: February 16, 2011, 08:57:46 pm »
Yey yey, may bobbi brown concealer in beige ulit ako.
Bigay sakin ni friendship ko =D

adajet

  • Guest
Re: Bobbi Brown Thread
« Reply #329 on: February 17, 2011, 07:04:11 pm »
any reviews about the bobbi stick foundation? im so torn bet this, the shu nobara or the becca...

please help

oily skin and acne prone...sana parabens free ito

Sis, I have not tried Becca and Shu Nobara but I have Bobbi Brown's Foundation stick.

I'd say it's an okay foundation. It's not bad but it's not that impressive either. I have sensitive skin and while BB didn't exactly break me out (think big zits with pus or cystic pimples), I did develop bumps in the chin area after continuous use. I very rarely get pimples in the chin area so I was pretty surprised to find small bumps in that area. I took a break from using it (and started using skincare products with salicylic acid to help in the healing) and they disappeared over time. Also, among all the foundations that I have, this one melts away the fastest especially on hot/humid days.  It's okay to be used on days when you won't be staying out too long. Coverage is okay though nothing to write home about. I still need a concealer to cover my dark circles (which are extremely dark). It glides and blends fairly well but it does have a slightly greasy feel. On a more positive note, this one photographs beautifully. If you've got oily skin, I'd suggest you try other foundations (liquid or powder foundations).

PS
I've seen and read reviews on Shu Nobara and it looks a bit mask-like to me. I remember reading a review that compared BB and SHU and the blogger prefers SHU over BB. You can check reviews online.

Hope my review on the BB Foundation Stick helps you out.

honeybunny

  • Guest
Re: Bobbi Brown Thread
« Reply #330 on: February 24, 2011, 04:21:45 am »
i already bought their corrector just last weekend... sobrang love ko sya! finally found my HG concealer.. it blends well with my skintone...

natry ko rin yung skin foundation nila in warm natural... sabi ni lanie, eto daw dapat gamitin pag oily skin ka... ok naman sya for me but i'm not really into foundations kasi... plus may TM pa ako from LM kasi. chaka i want to get more feedbacks too before i finally buy it. ;)

PrincessCharm

  • Guest
Re: Bobbi Brown Thread
« Reply #331 on: April 05, 2011, 04:06:54 pm »
As for the person asking for reviews of the Pretty Powerful Palette, I actually like it! It's very au naturelle, and I heart, heart, heart the blush there! The lipcolors are also very YLBB :)

http://www.beautynomics.com/blog/2011/02/25/bobbi-brown-pretty-powerful-makeup-tutorial/
http://www.beautynomics.com/blog/2011/02/04/pretty-powerful-thats-what-i-am/

Bobbi Brown also had a collaboration with Tibi New York to come up with the very gorgeous Peony & Python Eyeshadow Palette, which is going to be available starting this weekend at your local Bobbi Brown counters :)

http://www.beautynomics.com/blog/2011/04/05/bobbi-brown-peony-and-python-palette-review/

sugardrop

  • Guest
Re: Bobbi Brown Thread
« Reply #332 on: April 05, 2011, 10:14:25 pm »
Once I'm done with my LM, MAC, and Maybelline concealers, will give this a try. I know my shade na naman.

Oh, I still don't have the heart to use my Shimmer Blush in Pink Coral.

adajet

  • Guest
Re: Bobbi Brown Thread
« Reply #333 on: April 08, 2011, 02:57:25 pm »
OMG!!! Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Colors are finally here! Weeeeeeeeeee! Super excited! I have to go to Shang and get at least one.

sugardrop

  • Guest
Re: Bobbi Brown Thread
« Reply #334 on: April 08, 2011, 02:58:50 pm »
^
Get the Coral or Pink Coral blush na din. :P

adajet

  • Guest
Re: Bobbi Brown Thread
« Reply #335 on: April 08, 2011, 03:06:58 pm »
Waaaaaaah! Ang galing talaga ni Pammy!

I'm eyeing Sweet Nectar, Guava, Heather Pink, Bare Pink and Soft Coral. Ang dami kong gusto! hahaha! Pero saka na siguro si Soft Coral since medyo similar siya to Ravishing. Ang ganda kasi ng texture ng mga BB lipstick. Better than MAC. And parang mas long wearing din sila. I've been waiting for this line. Mega restrain ako sa sarili ko to spend para yung worth it lang talaga yung bibilhin ko.

sugardrop

  • Guest
Re: Bobbi Brown Thread
« Reply #336 on: April 08, 2011, 03:10:03 pm »
Nakita ko yan at type ko yung Sweet Nectar, Guava, and Soft Coral.

Don't forget the blushes! Haha! :P

adajet

  • Guest
Re: Bobbi Brown Thread
« Reply #337 on: April 08, 2011, 03:12:57 pm »
Haha! I like Coral talaga. If I'll get a BB Blush, yun na yung kukunin ko. As for the lipsticks, it's a toss up between Guava and Bare Pink. Can wait yung iba  :)

sugardrop

  • Guest
Re: Bobbi Brown Thread
« Reply #338 on: April 08, 2011, 03:19:05 pm »
Get both na lang Guava and Bare Pink. When in doubt, buy both or something else na lang. ;D

Antigone

  • Guest
Re: Bobbi Brown Thread
« Reply #339 on: April 08, 2011, 03:22:11 pm »
Akala ko Pammy when in doubt, don't. haha! Sa yo, when in doubt, buy both!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close