watch now

Author Topic: Sophie Kinsella and her books  (Read 122709 times)

gnela_21

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2009, 11:22:53 pm »
I just finished Sleeping Arrangements which was written under her real name, Madeleine Wickham. In my opinion, the book was just a so-so. I've read better books from other chic lit authors. I have another book under her real name, The Wedding Girl. I hope this one will be better! ;)

charmed_29

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #161 on: November 19, 2009, 10:04:28 pm »
hi mga sis.. pareho pala tayo. like ko rin un 'can you keep a secret', dun ako nagstart magbasa ng mga SK books. then 2nd funniest sa akin un 'undomestic goddess'. Hnde ko rin gano like un 'Remember me'. Based sa thread dito, mkhang maganda pala un twenties girl.. dito ko pa siya nababasa. hmm.. masubukan nga. hehe!

Well, you're not alone. ;) Hindi ko din nagustuhan yang Remember Me? Sa lahat ng stand alone books nya, yan ang hindi ko nagustuhan.Kaya nga medyo hesitant ako sa Twenties Girl nung una, ghost story pa naman, buti na lang I really enjoyed it. Eto na fave ko na stand alone books nya, sunod na lang yung Can You Keep A Secret?

gnela_21

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #162 on: November 23, 2009, 11:30:45 pm »
Just finished The Wedding Girl that she wrote under Madeleine Wickham. I liked this better than Sleeping Arrangements. It made me want to read her other books under MW. ;)

monopoly19

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #163 on: November 25, 2009, 06:25:05 pm »
i love Can You Keep a Secret!
but i have never read any of the Shopaholic series

sofiameredith

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #164 on: November 25, 2009, 09:05:59 pm »
Just finished The Wedding Girl that she wrote under Madeleine Wickham. I liked this better than Sleeping Arrangements. It made me want to read her other books under MW. ;)

sis do you have ebook copy of these?

gnela_21

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #165 on: November 26, 2009, 02:29:28 am »
^wala sis eh. I borrow books from the library.  ;)

ellenmitchie

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #166 on: November 30, 2009, 11:25:49 pm »
She's one of my favorite authors! :D

Gosh, hanggang ngayon hindi ko pa nababasa yung Can You Keep A Secret, The Undomestic Goddess, Remember Me, and yung Twenties Girl. :(

Shopaholic series palang kasi naco-collect ko.

shopaholic18

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #167 on: December 02, 2009, 11:09:02 pm »
my PB na ba ng twenties girl?

micci

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #168 on: December 04, 2009, 01:04:06 am »
girls,have you seen sophie kinsella's other shopaholic books?i was at bibliarch kasi kanina and i saw shopaholic books pero iba yung title/size/cover/price..pero kay sophie kinsella pa din..i remember one book titled 'shopaholic and abroad' or something like that..im just wondering if iba yung story or it's one of the books from the series din? ???

sorry napahaba :D

gnela_21

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #169 on: December 04, 2009, 02:50:04 am »
^ I think yung Shopaholic Abroad is the same as Shopaholic Take Manhattan. This is the title that was released in UK but it's the same. ;)

cheaca

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #170 on: December 12, 2009, 10:43:53 am »
shopaholic18, PB yung Twenties Girl na nirelease. Buy ka na sis, you'll enjoy it, super! :)

micci

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #171 on: December 12, 2009, 11:13:23 am »
ito na lang kaya pabili kong gift kay bf this christmas? :D

feelpretty

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #172 on: December 22, 2009, 01:41:47 pm »
Saw a boxed set of the Shopaholic series at NBS Megamall last night. Gosh, I'm gonna buy that! Mas makakamura ng around P300. Meron din ng novels ni Laura Weisberger.

monti

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #173 on: December 26, 2009, 05:53:39 pm »
Saw a boxed set of the Shopaholic series at NBS Megamall last night. Gosh, I'm gonna buy that! Mas makakamura ng around P300. Meron din ng novels ni Laura Weisberger.

i already bought shopaholic series box set for P1,299.00 at national bookstore. if you buy it before the end of the year, you even get a rebate of P40.00 which you can use on your next purchase at any national bookstore.

countess

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #174 on: December 29, 2009, 01:57:09 pm »
read all shopaholic series, not all fave ko but I love the latter series (sister and yung baby). I also have remember me, can you keep a secret and undomestic goddess but so far I love yung remember me. I haven't got a hold of her books under wickham, I saw one gatecrasher pero not sure if maganda so di ko muna binili. XD I might buy her latest book, soon. :)

leletmd

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #175 on: December 29, 2009, 10:26:10 pm »
I just finished reading Twenties girl and I really loved it.  :)
I wish she would make more funny ghost stories.

prish

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #176 on: January 14, 2010, 03:29:05 am »
i enjoyed twenties girl.. it was one of my mom's christmas gifts to me :) super laughtrip.. definitely better than remember me. cant wait for the next shopaholic book.

sweetubeng

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #177 on: January 14, 2010, 08:23:31 pm »
naintriga ako sa can you keep a secret wala pa ako nun, shopaholic series lang mga na collect ko pa at undomestic goddess

luisacart

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #178 on: January 22, 2010, 09:35:49 am »
I just finished reading Twenties Girl.. I keep putting off reading this book kasi akala ko walang masyadong romance. hehe Ang cute ng story. At ang ganda pa ng timing kasi I can relate to Lara & Josh's story. Sana makita ko na rin ang Ed ko!

micci

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #179 on: January 27, 2010, 08:54:23 pm »
magkakaroon na daw ng paperback version ang twenties girl sa UK..sana soon na din dito :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close