watch now

Author Topic: Sophie Kinsella and her books  (Read 122686 times)

micci

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #140 on: September 17, 2009, 03:19:17 pm »
ako din,i have the complete series,yung older na cover pa..di ko pwedeng ibenta coz may mga dedication lahat(gifts ni bf sa kin :D)

sassyrosel

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #141 on: September 19, 2009, 08:44:54 am »
^aaaw sweet!

MisCalculus

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #142 on: October 15, 2009, 08:30:39 pm »
Just finished Twenties Girl last night. I can't put it down. I have to say, this is my favorite SK book so far! :D I must admit, the first part was a bit dragging, Sadie whining and shouting but it really gets good after! Definite must read.  ;)

hay kainggit ka naman sis. I was having a grand time reading Twenties Girl 2 nights ago (ebook muna for the meantime) but sad to say, nagka-error so stop reading muna ako. So I decided to just buy the book instead, but walang available sa NBS na napuntahan ko kanina. Sobrang nabibitin na ko...
San NBS na ba merong paperback? (w/in manila area lang sana) I really want the copy na. Aside from shopaholic, this is my fave SK novel.

gnela_21

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2009, 12:36:06 am »
hay kainggit ka naman sis. I was having a grand time reading Twenties Girl 2 nights ago (ebook muna for the meantime) but sad to say, nagka-error so stop reading muna ako. So I decided to just buy the book instead, but walang available sa NBS na napuntahan ko kanina. Sobrang nabibitin na ko...
San NBS na ba merong paperback? (w/in manila area lang sana) I really want the copy na. Aside from shopaholic, this is my fave SK novel.

Maybe you can find another ebook copy  ;) I doubt kung meron ng paperback version kasi usually after a year pa lumalabas ang pb version after the hb release. Goodluck! I hope you'll find your fix soon. :D

perfectbeauty

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #144 on: October 16, 2009, 01:18:43 pm »
hello, ask ko lang meron ba sa inyo nakabasa na ng ibang book ni SK but under her real name, Madeleine Wickham, like The Wedding Girl, Sleeping Arrangement, etc...

Post naman kayo ng reviews... tapos ko na kasi Twenties Girl and gusto ko na magread ulit ng books nya.

Thanks in advance mga sis... :)

gnela_21

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2009, 10:40:38 pm »
hello, ask ko lang meron ba sa inyo nakabasa na ng ibang book ni SK but under her real name, Madeleine Wickham, like The Wedding Girl, Sleeping Arrangement, etc...

Post naman kayo ng reviews... tapos ko na kasi Twenties Girl and gusto ko na magread ulit ng books nya.

Thanks in advance mga sis... :)

Read back ka, I think madaming nagpost about her books when she was still writing under Madeleine Wickham. Although I haven't read any books yet under MD.

sweety_paige

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2009, 10:44:05 pm »
Nagustuhan ko yung Twenties girl, natatawa nga ako habang nagbabasa eh... must gusto ko ito kesa sa Shopaholic series.

MisCalculus

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #147 on: October 18, 2009, 11:25:14 pm »

Maybe you can find another ebook copy  ;) I doubt kung meron ng paperback version kasi usually after a year pa lumalabas ang pb version after the hb release. Goodluck! I hope you'll find your fix soon. :D


thanks sis. ok na yung copy ko and i've finished reading it. and i want the book now! :D
it was very funny and heartwarming. of course there were some flaws, but i had so much fun reading it. yun ang importante ;)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 11:28:54 pm by MisCalculus »

raineeiram_aem

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #148 on: November 09, 2009, 05:40:00 pm »
I'm also a fan of Sophie Kinsella' s books..I've already read the whole Shopaholic series, Can You Keep A Secret, Remember Me and yung latest nya, Twenties Girl..so far, twenties girl is my fave!! Super like ko ang characters esp. c Sadie, the ghost..I still haven't got a chance to read Undomestic Goddess, wala pa kasi akong mahanap na copy.... Ü

shopaholic18

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #149 on: November 12, 2009, 11:41:57 am »
i wanna read twentie's girl.  :'(
i'll finish the book im currently reading para maumpisahan ko na yun...

hannabishi

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #150 on: November 14, 2009, 07:19:49 am »
Bat parang hindi ako natutuwa sa Remember Me? I'm at the middle na and I kind of find it dragging unlike the first part of the book. I've been a fan of Kinsella because of Can You Keep A Secret? It was really a page-turner. Nabasa ko within a day.

carmichael18

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2009, 09:47:41 am »
^ ako din sobrang na-cute-an ako sa sa Can you keep a secret?... kasi feeling ko ako si emma.. hehe may moments kasi akong ganon.. hahaha nakakatawa talaga, sige i'll buy twenties girl din and I'll read that... mukhang magnda mga reviews eh

gnela_21

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #152 on: November 14, 2009, 12:19:10 pm »
Bat parang hindi ako natutuwa sa Remember Me? I'm at the middle na and I kind of find it dragging unlike the first part of the book. I've been a fan of Kinsella because of Can You Keep A Secret? It was really a page-turner. Nabasa ko within a day.

Well, you're not alone. ;) Hindi ko din nagustuhan yang Remember Me? Sa lahat ng stand alone books nya, yan ang hindi ko nagustuhan.Kaya nga medyo hesitant ako sa Twenties Girl nung una, ghost story pa naman, buti na lang I really enjoyed it. Eto na fave ko na stand alone books nya, sunod na lang yung Can You Keep A Secret?

hannabishi

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #153 on: November 14, 2009, 12:37:33 pm »
^ ako din sobrang na-cute-an ako sa sa Can you keep a secret?... kasi feeling ko ako si emma.. hehe may moments kasi akong ganon.. LOL nakakatawa talaga, sige i'll buy twenties girl din and I'll read that... mukhang magnda mga reviews eh


I loved that book too, Sis. As in it made me love Kinsella. Such a page-turner.



Well, you're not alone. ;) Hindi ko din nagustuhan yang Remember Me? Sa lahat ng stand alone books nya, yan ang hindi ko nagustuhan.Kaya nga medyo hesitant ako sa Twenties Girl nung una, ghost story pa naman, buti na lang I really enjoyed it. Eto na fave ko na stand alone books nya, sunod na lang yung Can You Keep A Secret?


Good to know that others share my viewpoint about this. Akala ko I was just too lazy to read it. Thanks for the recommendation about the Twenties Girl. I read the back portion and I didn't like the summary but since everyone is raving about it, I might give it a try soonish.   8)

gnela_21

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #154 on: November 14, 2009, 12:43:07 pm »
Read Twenties Girl! :D It was really good, although na-mention ko na din before na dragging yung unang part. Hahaha. Pero it was really a nice revelation!

hannabishi

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2009, 12:45:37 pm »
Hmmm... I got curious about the ending. Sige I'll read it very soon. :D

micci

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #156 on: November 14, 2009, 04:35:50 pm »
oops..wag nyo muna kwento yung twenties girl,hindi pa namin nababasa! :D

gaia

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #157 on: November 14, 2009, 04:40:48 pm »
I've yet to read Twenties Girl.  I love SK's books talaga.  They're very light, funny and easy to read.  Pang-detox!  :D

angel_eyes_2nite

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2009, 12:54:32 am »
Love this author but yet to try her books written under her REal name

Daphna

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2009, 10:46:34 am »
I love her stand-alone books. I was able to read the first book in the Shopaholic series and for me, it was a bit dragging. That's why even if I have the complete series in my library, I cannot even make myself read the second book. I was able to collect some of her books under her real name - Madeline Wickham. I saw a couple of them in Fully Booked by the way.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close