watch now

Author Topic: Sophie Kinsella and her books  (Read 122625 times)

trizh

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2009, 04:51:47 pm »
 ^ oo nga sis. haha.. mabasa nga rin yang twenties girl na yan ..

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #121 on: August 30, 2009, 05:15:53 pm »
I think parang nasanay tayo na magbasa ng ibang type of stories. Madaming nakukulangan sa endings ng Can You Keep A Secret?, Undomestic Goddess and Remember Me. Ako naman, ok naman sa akin yung ending nila haha I think we crave more of what will happen to the characters kaya nabibitin tayo.

Twenties Girl is a really lovely book. Ibang iba from her other standalone books. Less ang romance dito and more on friendships. Definitely a breather from traditional chick lits.

trizh

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2009, 05:25:29 pm »
  -- feeling ko nga ganun sis.. haha.. kasi yung shopaholic daming kadugtong eh no.. ahehe. ;)

MisCalculus

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #123 on: August 30, 2009, 10:58:56 pm »
I really wanted to read Twenties Girl, sobrang miss ko na magbasa ng SK novels. Kaya lang wala pang paperback when i tried to look for it kanina sa nbs... I just have to wait pa ng konti siguro. :)

micci

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2009, 12:39:57 am »
^super curious na din ako sa twenties girl,also waiting for the pb version :)

sassyrosel

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #125 on: August 31, 2009, 02:53:47 am »
@trizh: i agree with you. in fairness to SK, she really made me excited sa climax ng story but sometimes parang bitin yun ending.

sassyrosel

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #126 on: August 31, 2009, 02:56:24 am »
^^maybe i'll buy the "twenties girl" after reading the "shopaholic and baby?" meron pa kasi akong pending eh...yung "the time traveler's wife."

trizh

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #127 on: August 31, 2009, 10:22:26 am »
  ^^ haha same here. halos hindi ko na mabitawan yung book dahil super hooked na sa climax. nyaha. tapos nagulat na lang ako paglipat ko ng page ending na pala. sabe ko, "yun na yun?" haha.. chineck ko pa talaga ulet baka kasi nadoble yung page na nailipat ko. hehe. pero wala talaga. ending na pala yun.  ;D

sassyrosel

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2009, 05:58:09 am »
^kaya nga sis eh. ambilis niyang magpa-excite sa climax, halos tinapos ko nga yung book ng isang araw kahit mapuyat ako for work...ayun, bukod sa nabitin ako, nalate pa ako. hahaha

trizh

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2009, 09:44:11 pm »
 ^ haha ganda kasi ng book. mahirap bitawan.  :)

sassyrosel

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #130 on: September 05, 2009, 09:41:58 am »
^second the motion!

swtsexythng

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #131 on: September 05, 2009, 12:44:14 pm »
Have read Shopaholic and Remember Me...
Both left me feeling something's missing in her writing...

I'll grab a copy of Twenties Girl as there are lots of rave reviews 'bout it...hope the book changes my notion of Kinsella's books...

cheaca

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #132 on: September 14, 2009, 11:01:30 pm »
Ako din sis Eugenie, while reading the book I kept imagining it in my head about how it will looked like if it were turned into a movie. I also kept on wishing that they would turn this into a movie. It would be so much fun especially pag yung scenes ni Sadie and Lara. You guys should read Twenties Girl talaga, maganda siya. I never expected it would turn out that way.

I just finished Twenties Girl and I'm looking forward to other SK novels. What should I read next mga sis?

trizh

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #133 on: September 15, 2009, 07:08:32 am »
  -- waa.. inggit naman ako. can't afford ko pa yung twenties girl. hehe.  :)

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #134 on: September 15, 2009, 09:21:19 am »
^^Read Can You Keep A Secret :)

cheaca

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #135 on: September 15, 2009, 09:50:37 am »
^^ Bili ka sis sa National Bookstore kasi may sale sila. Yung Twenties Girl ko I got it for P516.00 lang. Bago mo bilhin ipascan mo muna sa cashier kung nakasale nga siya para sure. I bought mine pala from their Cash and Carry Branch.

^Thanks for the suggestion sis. I'll buy that one next.

gnela_21

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2009, 02:19:50 am »
Just finished Twenties Girl last night. I can't put it down. I have to say, this is my favorite SK book so far! :D I must admit, the first part was a bit dragging, Sadie whining and shouting but it really gets good after! Definite must read.  ;)

cheaca

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2009, 09:13:39 am »
^I felt the same way too kaya it took me a while to finish the book but it keeps getting better and better until the end. I think this is one book I will read over and over again.

sweetubeng

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2009, 02:50:59 pm »
i love sophie kinsella. her books are very entertaining. among all her books, i am most inlove with the shopaholic series. i so can relate to becky's character being a self-confessed shopaholic too. lol

parehas tayo sis, pinaka gusto ko shopaholic series somewhat nakakarelate talaga ako kasi yong iba dun similar sa naging situation ko dati about CC..hehe, super natatwa talaga ako kay becky kaya sinubaybayan ko talaga sya hanggang nag asawa sya kalokah..basta i love sophie kinsela :) ;)

sassyrosel

  • Guest
Re: Sophie Kinsella and her books
« Reply #139 on: September 17, 2009, 06:56:18 am »
^i love the series as well. kaya nga nun wala akong nabili nung one of the books from the series sa isang bookstore na pinuntahan because out of stock daw, parang gusto ko ng umiyak eh.  buti na lang mar nahiraman ako...pero bili pa din ako, gusto ko i-collect eh. hehe

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close