watch now

Author Topic: Ever been to Kota Kinabalu?  (Read 126230 times)

alexandrea

  • Guest
Re: Ever been to Kota Kinabalu?
« Reply #160 on: March 31, 2010, 05:11:38 pm »
Nasa KK ako with a friend on Aug 13-16. Dalawa pa lang kami. May gustong sumama? Mura pa rin ang ticket sa Air Asia, around 2.7k round trip all in.

ebosh

  • Guest
Re: Ever been to Kota Kinabalu?
« Reply #161 on: March 31, 2010, 10:00:05 pm »
Been to KK last March 18-23. Didn't like the place, nothing striking. Everything was ordinary and Philippines is waaaaay beautiful than KK. But I loved Rasa Ria though hehe! Also, I bought vincci shoes, mas mura nga dito lalo kung sale. Roxy were still expensive even though on sale. =(

mic5syxxx

  • Guest
Re: Ever been to Kota Kinabalu?
« Reply #162 on: April 01, 2010, 01:06:48 am »
Been to KK last March 18-23. Didn't like the place, nothing striking. Everything was ordinary and Philippines is waaaaay beautiful than KK. But I loved Rasa Ria though hehe! Also, I bought vincci shoes, mas mura nga dito lalo kung sale. Roxy were still expensive even though on sale. =(

hi sis! what beaches you have been to in kk?

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Ever been to Kota Kinabalu?
« Reply #163 on: April 01, 2010, 08:25:49 am »
Ladies, I need your help/suggestions. I was able to get very cheap tickets from 5J's 70% seat sale. Hubby and I will be staying for a week in Kota Kinabalu. Tentative plan is 3 days in the city and 4 days at the beach. Or if nice talaga yung beach probably stay there the whole time.

What's a good central hotel in the city? I read some suggested Le Meridien. Is this near everything i.e. food, shopping, cultural sightseeing?

What about a beach resort? Any good resorts at any of the islands i.e. Manukan? Are all the nice beaches on the islands or meron din sa mainland. Mid-range lang probably 4-5K a night?

Thanks in advance!   :)

neeners

  • Guest
Re: Ever been to Kota Kinabalu?
« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2010, 08:22:40 pm »
mic5syxxx: I've been to Manukan and Sapi islands. I liked Manukan better. Makati nga lang yung tubig dun sa main beach. You can walk around the island and may mga areas na di masyadong crowded. Sa Sapi naman, nandun naka set up yung mga tables for the buffet lunch na part sa mga island hopping tours. Try mo rin Mamutik, I heard mas peaceful dun.

mama squeak!: Central ang location ng Le Meridien. Actually, maliit lang ang Kota Kinabalu so you can walk to a lot of places. Malapit siya sa mall, sa market, and in every corner may mga kainan.

If you're staying for a week, why not slit your time between KK and Brunei? Mga 4-5 hours ata travel to Brunei via boat (2 rides)

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Ever been to Kota Kinabalu?
« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2010, 10:05:38 pm »
^Thanks for the response, sis! That's good to know that KK is a compact city and walkable. I guess enough na 3 days with day trips to Mt. Kinabalu and the hot springs? Then we can have more time in the beach.    :)

And thanks for suggesting Brunei but we've already been there. I guess it's still the same there as it was way back in 2002. We were able to go around Brunei as we were there for two weeks. Training ni hubby kasi.  :)

mic5syxxx

  • Guest
Re: Ever been to Kota Kinabalu?
« Reply #166 on: April 02, 2010, 03:54:00 pm »
mic5syxxx: I've been to Manukan and Sapi islands. I liked Manukan better. Makati nga lang yung tubig dun sa main beach. You can walk around the island and may mga areas na di masyadong crowded. Sa Sapi naman, nandun naka set up yung mga tables for the buffet lunch na part sa mga island hopping tours. Try mo rin Mamutik, I heard mas peaceful dun.

mama squeak!: Central ang location ng Le Meridien. Actually, maliit lang ang Kota Kinabalu so you can walk to a lot of places. Malapit siya sa mall, sa market, and in every corner may mga kainan.

If you're staying for a week, why not slit your time between KK and Brunei? Mga 4-5 hours ata travel to Brunei via boat (2 rides)


thansk sis neeners! we already scrapped our trip to kk, and choose siargao instaed.  ;)

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Ever been to Kota Kinabalu?
« Reply #167 on: April 02, 2010, 06:08:03 pm »
^Siargao's nice! Hubby and I would want to go back there again one of these days.

 :)

jamie_0117

  • Guest
Re: Ever been to Kota Kinabalu?
« Reply #168 on: April 03, 2010, 06:21:56 pm »
Everything was ordinary and Philippines is waaaaay beautiful than KK.

Philippines is a lot more beautiful than other places in the world, but there are a lot of interesting things to learn from KK. Naaliw ako sa dami ng pinoy, natuwa rin ako na a lot of their words are parang satin.

Pulau = pulo
Manuk = manok

Pati yata the numbers.

lilstar

  • Guest
Re: Ever been to Kota Kinabalu?
« Reply #169 on: April 04, 2010, 04:12:52 am »
^ yup parang hawig

1- satu
2- duwa
3- tiga
4- empat
5- lima
6- enam
10- Sepuluh

Cheap- mura
Expensive- Mahal.. hehe

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Ever been to Kota Kinabalu?
« Reply #170 on: April 04, 2010, 09:26:05 am »
^Yes because some Filipino words belong to the group of Malay languages.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:27:42 am by mama squeak! »

mic5syxxx

  • Guest
Re: Ever been to Kota Kinabalu?
« Reply #171 on: April 04, 2010, 03:04:10 pm »
Ladies, I need your help/suggestions. I was able to get very cheap tickets from 5J's 70% seat sale. Hubby and I will be staying for a week in Kota Kinabalu. Tentative plan is 3 days in the city and 4 days at the beach. Or if nice talaga yung beach probably stay there the whole time.

What's a good central hotel in the city? I read some suggested Le Meridien. Is this near everything i.e. food, shopping, cultural sightseeing?

What about a beach resort? Any good resorts at any of the islands i.e. Manukan? Are all the nice beaches on the islands or meron din sa mainland. Mid-range lang probably 4-5K a night?

Thanks in advance!   :)


sis mama speak, try mo  eden54.com nice rooms but affordable. i think the nice beaches in kk, you need to island hop.

stelaregine

  • Guest
Re: Ever been to Kota Kinabalu?
« Reply #172 on: April 05, 2010, 06:05:34 am »
i want to go here. ang mura ng ticket! kasama na ba ang taxes dun sa 1500 roundtrip??

neeners

  • Guest
Re: Ever been to Kota Kinabalu?
« Reply #173 on: April 05, 2010, 11:01:14 pm »
^ You still have to pay the Php 1,620 Philippine Travel Tax at the airport and the Php 750 airport fee (Php 550 if you're flying from Clark)

sleepy_me

  • Guest
Re: Ever been to Kota Kinabalu?
« Reply #174 on: April 06, 2010, 11:43:33 am »
^ sis parang 600 ang airport fee. last march 12 i went to KL and flew via Clark. ^_^

omneecka

  • Guest
Re: Ever been to Kota Kinabalu?
« Reply #175 on: April 06, 2010, 12:21:04 pm »
yap, its 600 nga yata.. hehe! been in KK last March 18-23, 2010. =D

deck_girl_07

  • Guest
Re: Ever been to Kota Kinabalu?
« Reply #176 on: April 15, 2010, 09:01:37 am »
mga sis medyo stupid question siguro to, ask lang [textspeak!] ba pwede gawin sa kota kinabalu? beach lang ba dito? free trip ng company kaso wala ako idea sa kota kinabalu.. thanks..

foxy_girlfriend

  • Guest
Re: Ever been to Kota Kinabalu?
« Reply #177 on: April 15, 2010, 09:07:22 am »
sis omneecka may I know your itinerary?

lilstar

  • Guest
Re: Ever been to Kota Kinabalu?
« Reply #178 on: April 15, 2010, 09:19:44 am »
mga sis medyo stupid question siguro to, ask lang [textspeak!] ba pwede gawin sa kota kinabalu? beach lang ba dito? free trip ng company kaso wala ako idea sa kota kinabalu.. thanks..

Yup madaming beaches sa KK. If nature tripping ang feel nyo, this is the best place. Para ka lang nasa Pilipinas.

luvko23

  • Guest
Re: Ever been to Kota Kinabalu?
« Reply #179 on: April 15, 2010, 01:15:27 pm »
will be going to KK this saturday.. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close