watch now

Author Topic: natatakot ba kayo pagnakakaramdam ng turbulence?  (Read 38619 times)

giantherockstar

  • Guest
Re: natatakot ba kayo pagnakakaramdam ng turbulence?
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2010, 12:13:29 am »
The first and worst turbulence i ever experienced is when we were on our way home from Tagbilaran via Cebu Pacific. It was a very cloudy day and the turbulence started 30 minutes after we took off. The turbulence wasn't the usual shake from left and right but upwards and downwards motion! I felt like a salt shaker! The old ladies are already screaming which freaked me more. The turbulence lasted for 10 minutes and i tell you sisses, it was the longest 10 minutes of my life. When the pilot announced that we are in Manila already but can't land due to runway traffic, i can't help but swear. We were circling for another 45minutes and that made me dizzy and i really wanted to faint right then and there. My bf's arm hurt when we landed because i was gripping it too hard.

I developed the fear of flying and had nightmares for 4 consecutive nights because of that.
:'(

Mom_S

  • Guest
Re: natatakot ba kayo pagnakakaramdam ng turbulence?
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2010, 11:00:23 pm »
i love to travel but i'm still afraid of turbulence... last time was when our flight from michigan (connecting flight from NY) to LA via NWA. it was snowing hard kaya we were on standy inside the plane coz some chemicals has to be sprayed muna para di yata didikit yun snow. in my mind, it will be a rough ride esp sa take-off. i just prayed & prayed really hard na halos yata i almost say my prayers loudly for my hubby & kids to hear  :)


Minakichu

  • Guest
Re: natatakot ba kayo pagnakakaramdam ng turbulence?
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2010, 03:38:14 am »
I often travel and it's ironic that I still can't get over my trauma from turbulence. I esp hate long flights that's why I bring sleeping pills with me to calm or sedate me so I won't have really bad panic attacks When the plane shakes.

salmoncat

  • Guest
Re: natatakot ba kayo pagnakakaramdam ng turbulence?
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2010, 03:07:09 am »
definitely. makes you think there's something wrong especially if clear naman yung skies.

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: natatakot ba kayo pagnakakaramdam ng turbulence?
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2010, 02:20:48 am »
In my case, it's so ironic that I am in my 30s now and I've been flying since I was a toddler. My dad is a helicopter pilot and I am now married to an airline pilot. Plus, I've been in the airline industry since 1999. When I was still single, turbulence gives me a certain high...of course, the mild ones only ha...same one you get when riding rollercoasters and all. But ever since I became a mom, naging ultra mega duwag na ako. Haha. Siguro I guess kasi when you get older and have people relying on you, medyo di ka na daredevil.

My husband used to be a military instructor pilot so he's used to doing aerobatics. I guess I would really be scared when the time comes na siya ang makikita kong kabahan. Thank God at never pa naman.

Once I flew with him HKG-MNL when he attended his CAT2 training. The cabin was filled with 7 or 8 pilots and I was the only civilian there. It was an A330. May air pocket na super kalog bigla. Napahawak ako sa seatback in front of me and I heard myself na, "ahhh..." buti na lang parang bulong at nakakahiya sa mga kasama namin. Haha. Ako lang nagreact ng ganun but I saw my husband look up from his newspaper.

Btw, I hate CLOUDS. Thick, big ones while flying. But I would never give up travelling for anything...:P

karcy

  • Guest
Re: natatakot ba kayo pagnakakaramdam ng turbulence?
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2010, 05:35:03 am »
ako i've experienced one on a flight going to Shanghai..yun yung flight na galing pa kong work tapos wala pa kong tulog as in..hindi naman ako natakot parang feeling ko nga pinaghehele pa ko nun.. :D..siguro dahil super antok na ko nun..tapos yung katabi ko na chinese passenger eh mukang takot na takot as in so parang dun ko lang narealize na it might be serious..thank god wala naman nangyari masama.. :)

sasha``

  • Guest
Re: natatakot ba kayo pagnakakaramdam ng turbulence?
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2010, 06:08:51 pm »
thank god, wala pa naman akong experience na masyadong nakakatakot na air turbulence.... di masyadong malakas ang mga nararansan ko.

rox_cute

  • Guest
Re: natatakot ba kayo pagnakakaramdam ng turbulence?
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2010, 06:17:51 pm »
yep, napapakapit ako sa arm rest at napapadasal ng wala sa oras..

sasha``

  • Guest
Re: natatakot ba kayo pagnakakaramdam ng turbulence?
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2010, 04:56:27 pm »
on my way back to Manila last sunday, nakaramdam kami ng matagal na air turbulence.  i remained calm as i noticed cloudy yong sky kaya ganon.  yong dalawang matandang babae na katabi ko nagdadasal na and reminded one passenger to turn off the phone... naalala ko tuloy tong thread while i was there :)

madam cruella

  • Guest
Re: natatakot ba kayo pagnakakaramdam ng turbulence?
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2010, 05:06:15 pm »
no.  i'm a frequent traveler and it doesn't bother me that much any more. 

mikey_mouse_219

  • Guest
Re: natatakot ba kayo pagnakakaramdam ng turbulence?
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2010, 02:01:53 pm »
on my last trip there was a turbulence, medyo matagal rin as i arrived midnight and it was raining too. i stayed calm naman but ever so observant on what will happen next... good thing naka landing naman kami ng safe and sound :)

mojitayanipot

  • Guest
Re: natatakot ba kayo pagnakakaramdam ng turbulence?
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2010, 02:06:05 pm »
It doesn't really scare me... Ewan ko. Kampante ako when traveling by air. Hehe. I always pray naman for God to keep me safe before I leave the house kasi. If it's my time, then it's my time. Hehe. :)

cute_kyoko

  • Guest
Re: natatakot ba kayo pagnakakaramdam ng turbulence?
« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2010, 09:31:39 pm »
Definitely.  I remember our family vacation from Hawaii to Cali.  It was an evening flight and within the first hour into the flight there was some bad turbulence (for about an hour or so).  Ngrorosaryo si Momi and super higpit ang hawak nya sa upuan in front of her.  At the time my thoughts were, if my time is up then this would be the way to go, together with your family.  Now when I travel alone, if it's a few bumps along the way, ok lang.  Kaya pa.   ;)

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: natatakot ba kayo pagnakakaramdam ng turbulence?
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2010, 02:15:57 pm »
Just got back yesterday from a month long trip to SFO...a bit turbulent on the way there but coming back home to MNL, smooth flight, esp the landing yesterday was super smooth...kudos to the pilots!

piglet24

  • Guest
Re: natatakot ba kayo pagnakakaramdam ng turbulence?
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2010, 08:54:02 pm »
my flight going to abu dhabi was a nightmare. almost 3 hours bago mag landing daming turbulent moments. why not. it scared the living daylights out of me.

pistachio nuts

  • Guest
Re: natatakot ba kayo pagnakakaramdam ng turbulence?
« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2010, 11:05:26 pm »
Very. my first was Shanghai-Manila; kala ko it was my end na.

AnneMP

  • Guest
Re: natatakot ba kayo pagnakakaramdam ng turbulence?
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2010, 12:43:19 pm »
Oo naman.  I've been watching Air Crash Investigation on tv before my last flight.  And syempre, kung ano ano isip isipin ko during the flight.  Pero yung last flight namin, I didn't feel that much turbulence. Probably because we were sitting up front.  Sa likod yata ang malakas ang turbulence.

beautywhite

  • Guest
Re: natatakot ba kayo pagnakakaramdam ng turbulence?
« Reply #97 on: July 17, 2010, 01:32:38 pm »


 Depende sa gravity ng turbulence,but I pray when turbulence occurs.

smalltimegal

  • Guest
Re: natatakot ba kayo pagnakakaramdam ng turbulence?
« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2010, 12:19:08 pm »
Super!

Worst turbulence ever encountered - China Eastern Airline  :-\
It was during our China vacation, domestic flight from Shanghai-Pudong International Airport going to Beijing..

I have tried PAL, Cebu Pacific, Cathay Pacific, JAL, Korean Air na rin, pero iba talaga ang trip ng pilot ng China Eastern (ano to? BUS sa edsa, biyaheng Baclaran? LOL ;D)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 12:26:37 pm by smalltimegal »

purplerainne

  • Guest
Re: natatakot ba kayo pagnakakaramdam ng turbulence?
« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2010, 12:12:06 pm »
First few travels ko yes pero I get used to it na rin.
Talagang napapakapit ako ng mahigpit sa upuan. Kapag tumatagilid pa yung plane, natatakot ako mahilig pa naman ako sa window side. Later on, dedma na lang sa turbulence at kapag tumatagilid after mag take off, enjoy na enjoy pa ako.

Better kapag malaki yung plane unlike sa maliliit like sa Cebu Pacific. Matagtag yung maliliit.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close