MOONIE, after the initial Obstacle of arriving at a list of what constitutes the Inheritance up for grabs... we have fallen back on family and close-friend lawyers. So if any lawyers are being paid well, it should be our Mother's lawyer. LOL
The 6-month period for the deadline on Death Taxes is not yet up.
So, we have to wait for that.
We expect ourselves to arrive at an Extrajudicial Settlement before the 6-month deadline. And it is clear, that we are asking for what is just prescribed by law -- so it is a very simple case actually.
IF we do not agree on an Extrajudicial Settlement, then there is no choice but to bring our disagreement to the courts, and to "impair" all TCTs and other assets' marketability &/or trade-ability. As it is, financial and other liquid asset accounts are already frozen. These are released only after we all sign that the division of proceeds thereof is as legally prescribed.
So MOONIE, it is just a little passage of time we have to yield to our Mother.
In the meantime, we have some diversions nga. 1 is that forthcoming mausoleum event. LOL Mother's "guest list" not counting us yet is up to 250 na. (As I predicted, she will talk to someone on our side kasi may "palabas" nga)
She had a meeting with Atchi (LOL, she is the only 1 Mother wanted to meet with... ah! marunong na sya choose her battles! LOL) -- and the major points taken up...
The 1st 6 pews are reserved for family
(OO, madami nga kami)
Who is going, who will boycott?
Atchi said, I may not be around, coz husband and I are scheduled to be in HK around that time.
(Siguro inisip ni Mother: how I wish! LOL -- isip ko, ano ka sineswerte?)
But Atchi said, we sisters -- we will never be rude.
BUT some of us (inisip ni Mother sigurado ako yon, as usual si Espiritu de Contradiccion) -- we cannot be Tupperwares or LocK&Lock. Whuzdat? Mom asked. Atchi said: Plastic!
Basta ako, I do not know if I can get myself to kiss her -- at baka ako matuka.
What am I trying to say AKTHUNG?
I love her inspite of everything kasi Mother ko.
Pending the arrival of Pepeng, I had my secretary call her up to ask if she needed anything. Wala daw, but thank you very much for asking.
But I do not like her... because of her gender bias all these years and to-date.
And kasi ang dami dami na nyang sinabi sabi just to have her way. She has maligned us, and given us no respect and totally disregarded that we are responsible adults who have made something of our lives.
I will not even go there -- whether she has love for her daughters or just tolerance and exploitation.
I read somewhere that the biggest problem in life is: Empty Pockets. I disagree. Easier the solution/s to Empty Pockets, relative to other problems like having a disabled child, a morally-disabled husband, mga ganoong problems.
It is achievable to plan ahead to not experience having Empty Pockets.
For me, the reverse: Too Full Pockets -- is the biggest problem. It leads to jockeying and conniving among family members, to attracting unfavorable attention & interest from the BIR, kabits, and their ilk; and sure puts your faith in family on the line. Too Full Pockets has the greater potential, vs Empty Pockets, to develop the negatives in people.
So there --

Educate our kids to the max, donate to charities .. then spend it all!