Author Topic: praying for your partner in life  (Read 144487 times)

rainbow11

• Junior GirlTalker
praying for your partner in life
« on: May 06, 2009, 09:33:26 am »
sis, im just curious about praying for God's best..
in my case, im single for a year now pero feeling ko konting time nalang yung single life ko at malapit ng dumating si God's best.
another thing, im still hoping that it would still be my first love pero if he's not for me, i'll accept it since si God naman talaga yung bahala..

my questions are:
what did you pray for nung time na hinihingi nyo siya kay God?
did you specifically say kung sino/ano yung traits na gusto nyo?
how long have you been praying bago nyo siya nakilala?

share your stories/thoughts!  :D

I love shopping for fragrances and beauty products, and dining out, too! <3

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: praying for your partner in life
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 01:20:49 pm »
Our fellow GT, Sis Hersmart, once told me of a beautiful story about a man who prayed to find his partner...he eventually did.

mas maganda kung magagaling kay sis yung kwento.
I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

ericaberica

• The same person online and offline
  • GirlTalker
  • Christian and Proud Pinoy
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 04:47:52 pm »
Hi!

When I was single, I always prayed for my future husband.  I always told God to take care of him and to mold him to become a good husband and father to our children. 

I also prayed that when I meet him (or if I have met him already), that I would recognize who he is.  I also prayed that I would have the humility to accept His choice.  Kasi syempre natakot ako na baka pangit yun, haha. 

I met my husband two years ago.  We actually met in a church event. From the moment I saw him, I knew something was up. ;D

I was actually staying away from him though I felt he was "The One."  I had been in a series of bad relationships and I was done with men.  But when I prayed to God again that please if it is him, give me the discernment.

One day I lost my phone and the only person I asked to help me was the guy I met at church.  After that, tuloy-tuloy na.  :)

What is interesting is that my husband is SO MUCH MORE than what I imagined to marry.  Alam mo yung I was looking for an average man and then God actually chose an extra blessed man for me?

BTW, before I met my husband he was also praying for me -- his future wife. :)
The mark of wise people is that they know which battle they should get into and which ones they should ignore.

ericaberica

• GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 05:14:03 pm »
Here is one book that I was reading about when I was still waiting for the one:
http://www.amazon.com/When-Writes-Your-Love-Story/dp/1929125003

I also was inspired by Donita Rose´s story.  Hehe.  Kasi when she got married her wedding TV special was all about waiting for God´s choice. :) 

When we got married I asked a friend of mine to tell her our story, she was really kilig and happy for us. :)
The mark of wise people is that they know which battle they should get into and which ones they should ignore.

nelle21

• simply nelle
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 04:46:39 am »
When you pray especiall on the part that you're gonna ask for something from God...you should be specific with what you want...

Lord, please give me tall, dark and handsome... :)

During the time that I am asking for a partner, ang sinasabi ko lang sa Diyos...Lord, your will be done...  ;D
"i love them that love me, and those that seek me early shall find me..." Proverbs

alwynne24

• GirlTalker
  • jEreMiAh 29:11
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 11:22:54 am »
"1 comes before 2"

This truth I learned during our ONE seminar in church.  Oftentimes, we became focused with "finding the right partner" but we fail to ask God to prepare us first for the wonderful work He intends for us to accomplish in this partnership that we are hoping to have.

When Adam was created in the garden of Eden, He was given the responsibility to name the animals Genesis 2:19; but when God already created Eve, Genesis 1:26-28 they were given a heavier responsibility to be stewards who does not own the creatures of the earth but
to properly administer, conserve, and utilize them for the purposes God intends.

It is not wrong to pray for your future mate (and yes, can be with specific descriptions  ;) ) but it is but right to ask God to restore your wholeness first as to prepare you for that partner HE is goin' to give you, that in God's perfect time, when both of you are already made "whole" - together you will have a dynamic partnership able to accomplish what God wants to achieve thru you.

consider this equation:
 (remember that marriage is always a multiplication)

1  x  1  =  1
  Both of you are whole before coming together in union, the result is a whole & fruitful partnership.
  1/2  x  1/2  =  1/4
   Both of you still have so many hang-ups in life making you incomplete, wishing for that someone "to complete you" will result in a frustrating partnership
  1  x  1/2  =  1/2
  Either one of you not restored to his/her wholeness yet, it will result in emotional tug-of-war affecting the wholeness of the other person.

... :) something to think about.
mY God sHall sUppLy ALL mY nEeds aCcordiNg to His riChes & gLory..HE will kEep His anGels in-cHarge ovEr me --Jehova JiReH caRes 4 ME :-)

choco_mint

• Intrepid
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 12:44:20 pm »
is it ok to ask God for signs too?
Betting on both ends when the odds are close.

ericaberica

• GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 05:44:01 pm »
^I do not know what other sisters think of this but I never ask God for signs.  I do not challenge Him (except in tithing).  What I do ask for is the discernment, wisdom to know if it is His will.  God will use natural circumstances to supernaturally express His choice.

When I am truly open to hear His opinion, it all becomes clear.  Minsan masakit ma-realize that God and I do not agree, pero ganoon talaga.

At the same time naman, dapat the other person will also feel God´s will so kapag nagtugma yun, eh di happy. :) 

choco_mint

• Intrepid
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 12:28:11 am »
i guess the happiest people are those who ends up marrying the one that God has really chosen for them.  Sa dami ng kilala kong miserable with their husbands and wives, it's really important to consult God when it comes to choosing your life partner.

Bakit kaya ganun, yung ate ko and her friends..they're all in their early 30's..single pa rin.  they're pretty, may mga respectable careers, may social life, etc...they are all praying for their desired life partner pero wala pa rin.  lahat ng relationships nila di naman nag wo work? ??? kelan pa kaya dadating yung right one for them?

kaya tuloy even if i'm only 23, feeling ko i should make sure that i don't waste time dilly dallying kasi baka umabot ako sa age ng ate ko di ko pa rin nami meet si mr. right! :P
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 12:31:14 am by choco_mint »
Betting on both ends when the odds are close.

nelle21

• simply nelle
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 01:00:31 am »
is it ok to ask God for signs too?

i believe so... :D
"i love them that love me, and those that seek me early shall find me..." Proverbs

icegurl

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 01:50:42 am »
Ganun pala yun, dapat if we pray to God to find "The one" is specific yung traits? Akala ko bahala na si Lord.

Lately I've been praying the prayer for a suitable partner in life sa isang prayer book my mom gave me.

I'm turning 24 this year so kelangan ko na talaga magdasal kasi ayoko naman maging old maid.

wuvshoe

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 02:14:57 am »
can someone else pray this for you?
my mom prays i'll find someone... everyday daw yan ang dasal nya...   

I also pray for someone from time to time... yun nga lang i ask for a specific person (hehe, my #1 crush of course!) I don't think God is taking me seriously though... hmm.   

numonorean

• little miss
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • beautiful mess
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 06:23:15 am »
Hi!

When I was single, I always prayed for my future husband.  I always told God to take care of him and to mold him to become a good husband and father to our children. 

I also prayed that when I meet him (or if I have met him already), that I would recognize who he is.  I also prayed that I would have the humility to accept His choice.  Kasi syempre natakot ako na baka pangit yun, haha. 

I met my husband two years ago.  We actually met in a church event. From the moment I saw him, I knew something was up. ;D

I was actually staying away from him though I felt he was "The One."  I had been in a series of bad relationships and I was done with men.  But when I prayed to God again that please if it is him, give me the discernment.

One day I lost my phone and the only person I asked to help me was the guy I met at church.  After that, tuloy-tuloy na.  :)

What is interesting is that my husband is SO MUCH MORE than what I imagined to marry.  Alam mo yung I was looking for an average man and then God actually chose an extra blessed man for me?

BTW, before I met my husband he was also praying for me -- his future wife. :)

you have a really nice love story. :) 

^^na-paranoid naman ako sa 'yo, sis.  mas matanda ako ng isang taon.  parang kailangan na namin ng masinsinang usapan ni Lord tungkol sa love life ko. ;)
"I wanted to be the poet and the poem, and now am neither." - Ellen Ash

365 Project | Alice in Neverland

icegurl

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 09:34:51 am »
^hehe, ngayon lang naman ako nagdasal ng ganyan tungkol sa lovelife ko.

ericaberica

• GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 02:06:58 pm »
^hehe, ngayon lang naman ako nagdasal ng ganyan tungkol sa lovelife ko.

Sis, wag ka mag-panic.  I met my husband when I was 26 and got married at 27.  :)  Before that I was in panic mode also, tuloy kung ano-anong relationships ang pinasok ko.  Flop naman! 

I never prayed for specific characteristics though.  Sabi ko lang take care of him and make him a better person until we meet.  Kasi natakot ako na mag-pray na for example, sana mayaman.  Tapos ang choice pala ni God para sa akin, parang Manny Pacquiao na tipong later in life pa yayaman.  Kung baga, kung super specific ako, baka mali yung choice ko in the end.  Eh God does not meddle in our free choices di ba?  :)

Basta ang alam ko lang, alam ni God na baka di ko kayanin na super maghirap so I was sure He would make the perfect choice for me given what I can and cannot take. 

Malabo ba yung pagkasabi ko? :P

icegurl

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2009, 03:59:59 pm »
^Hindi naman malabo sis, na-gets ko naman.

Yun nga din, hindi naman ako nagdadasal ng specific characteristics ng guy, basta ang dasal ko is whoever He think is the right for me.

Wala pa naman ako sa panic mode, sinasama ko lang siya sa dasal lately, dati kasi hindi, studies studies studies, yan lang lahat ng dasal ko.

Eh mahirap na, baka akalain ni Lord ayaw ko mag-asawa kasi hindi ko yun pinagdadasal.lol

Pero sis, nakaka-inspire talaga yung story mo.

ericaberica

• GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 04:48:56 pm »
^Thank you for the nice comment, sis (and to numonorean too). :)  I will join you in praying for the one.

Eh mahirap na, baka akalain ni Lord ayaw ko mag-asawa kasi hindi ko yun pinagdadasal.lol

Natawa ako sa comment mo. :) Haha.

kaya tuloy even if i'm only 23, feeling ko i should make sure that i don't waste time dilly dallying kasi baka umabot ako sa age ng ate ko di ko pa rin nami meet si mr. right! :P

Ang masasabi ko lang based on my experience is that di ko rin mahahanap si husband if I never made the effort to meet new people and build my own character.  Syempre, God requires action din naman.  Example sa work, hindi naman Siya generous sa tamad di ba? :)

can someone else pray this for you?
my mom prays i'll find someone... everyday daw yan ang dasal nya...   

I think my family doubled their prayer time for me to find the right man.  I live abroad kasi and ang tigas-tigas ng ulo ko.  Pinauuwi na nila akong lahat kasi mas madali life sa Pilipinas.  Sabi ko "Ayoko!"  Haha.  So they all double timed their prayers that I find the right one, hehe.  Nung nakilala nila si H, saktong-sakto sa hiniling nila.  Someone who is my perfect match and is a man of faith.  Bonus lang na gwapo at may six-pack, hehe. :)

sistah!

• sistah!
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • proud mom to four doggies :-)
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2009, 02:00:36 pm »
i did not really focus a lot of my energies praying for a partner. But when I found him and lost him, i turned to prayer. I asked God to give me the strength to move on if that's what should happen and the resilience to stay strong if i should wait. I didnt ask for signs, rather i asked for peace with whatever choice I should make. I waited. Now I pray every day for his safe return to me and for a blessed life together.

Actually, I was never really the prayerful type before him. In a way, he changed my life.
arf! arf! woof! woof!

gabo

• Probationary
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2009, 02:25:41 pm »
   i keep on praying na sana dumating na siya....LORD parang awa mo na pakita mo na siya sakin..

icegurl

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 12:08:36 am »
I think my family doubled their prayer time for me to find the right man.  I live abroad kasi and ang tigas-tigas ng ulo ko.  Pinauuwi na nila akong lahat kasi mas madali life sa Pilipinas.  Sabi ko "Ayoko!"  Haha.  So they all double timed their prayers that I find the right one, hehe.  Nung nakilala nila si H, saktong-sakto sa hiniling nila.  Someone who is my perfect match and is a man of faith.  Bonus lang na gwapo at may six-pack, hehe. :)

wow, ang bait naman ni Lord sayo, bonggang bongga ang bonus na binigay.

How did you prepare yourself pala? how did your build your character?

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close