Upon prodding of my friend, I purchased a voucher for 3 sessions of Fractional Laser Therapy + 30-minute Purifying Facial Treatment last June. Since my friend also purchased this kind of voucher, she was the one who called your clinic to schedule our appointments. She got hers on Sept 20 while I was told that the nearest available schedule for my 1st session will be on Oct 14.
Imagine the length of time I had to wait! Nonetheless, when Oct 14 came, I went to White Plains branch at 1:00 PM, my scheduled date and time. My friend told me to look for a certain Angela in case I encounter some problems, this Angela was the one she talked to on the phone regarding our appointment. So on my voucher I wrote, "Angela 1:00PM sked" to serve as a reminder.
A girl at the reception area greeted me and got my voucher, asked me to fill out a client's form. She was friendly and the place was quiet. She went upstairs after a few minutes.
Then another girl came storming down from the 2nd floor. I was seated facing the staircase. When this girl whom I havent met before saw me, she balked at me, 'Ako si Angela at itong voucher kasi para sa 2nd session ni(my friend's name) hindi para sa ibang tao'.
That's how she greeted me. How rude. In a sheepish tone I asked her, 'Nagkamali ba ng voucher? Kasi sabay kaming nag-purchase baka nagkamali sa pagprint.'
She checked the vouchers and ID numbers again. While the 2 vouchers were purchased by one person (my friend) they have different order numbers, meaning 2 different sets of vouchers. Thus, for 2 different persons.
While still looking on the vouchers, she uttered, 'Magkaiba nga.' She then lifted her head, glanced at me and gave me a fake, half-smile.
She has the strength to raise her voice and make me feel like an idiot, but doesnt have the courage to say sorry.
I let it pass. People like me go to derma and spa to relax and not to make a scene with people with no manners. But deep inside I was restraining myself from expressing my irritation.
When the first girl asked me to go upstairs, it was already nearing 1:30PM. She gave me a facial.
Then at 2:45 she put topical anesthesia all over my face and told me to wait for 30-40 mins. She left me alone in the cubicle.
After an hour, she came back and asked me to go out of the cubicle. At the hallway, by the staircase, she told me to sit down and wait for the doctor.
Huh? With my face numb and covered with white paste I was being told to sit in the hallway and wait for the doctor? Am I in this so-called high-end beauty center or some charity ward of a public hospital?
Still, I sat there and waited there for 30 mins. My face getting soaked with anesthesia and with these 2 girls walking past me. When I finally couldn't wait any longer. I asked Angela, 'Matagal pa ba?'
Angela then told me to go downstairs and go inside another cubicle. She then informed me, 'Ire-sked na lang po natin. Nasira 'yung machine.' This she said while wiping the anesthesia off my face. It was almost 4:30 PM at that time.
My face may have been numb but my heart was feeling all the pain: anger, frustration, humiliation.
I looked at her and said, 'After what you put me through, do you think I'm going back?'
'Sira po talaga, kahit tingnan n'yo pa 'yung likod ng machine.'
Girl, ang machine na sira, pwedeng ipagawa, pero ' yang work ethics mo, beyond repair.
I purchased those vouchers in good faith. It was your clinic's decision to sell it at php5,500.00. I understand that you are offering it at a way cheaper price than your original price. I did not ask for a discount. I did not come at your clinic begging for a free service.
You offered a deal. I accepted it by buying it. If that Angela thinks that she can treat me less because I paid less, shame on her.
It's a shame that one person can ruin your clinic's reputation.