Author Topic: Novenas  (Read 166110 times)

zaralicious

• Finally... a HAPPY and HOPEFUL MOM, WIFEY and
  • GirlTalker
  • :) and keep the FAITH.
Re: Novenas
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 01:00:50 pm »
ako i pray yun novena to our mother of perpetual help. it's what i've been praying and doing since i was in high school with my mom. until now that i already have a child, i still go, pero di na palagi. i always keep a booklet of novena in my wallet and i pray, whenever i could. it's really effective once you believe and pray with all your heart. it's really a good novena especially for moms and heads of the family.

rainbow11

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 02:23:55 pm »
i had my novena to st.rita (patron saint of impossible cause) 2 weeks ago. pinagpray ko nun na sana mag initiate yung friend ko na makipagbati sa kin at iadmit na nagkamali siya. akala ko hindi na matutupad since ma-pride talaga yun. after a week of waiting, bigla nalang nagtext this morning.. nag-apologize na siya. it was a relief! thank God!
I love shopping for fragrances and beauty products, and dining out, too! <3

tonette815

• LTS fanatic and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • need to save
    • just love pastel pink and purple!
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 09:09:43 am »
are you referring to st. rita of casia sis?

bluestar_65

• Hotel Wizards
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2009, 10:32:11 pm »
i'm now saying the novenas to st jude, st therese (the little flower), and sacred heart of jesus.  :) i don't want to play favorites, but st therese is really close to my heart. she really does send you roses. thank you, st therese!  :-*

icegurl

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2009, 10:47:52 pm »
How do you choose which novena to pray?
Specific saint ba sa specific intercession/wish?
I only know St. Jude kasi.

chiqmom

• on work clothes on...
  • Super GirlTalker
  • CONSTANT VIGILANCE
    • The Web Assistant
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2009, 11:24:11 pm »
^yup specific novena for specific wish although hindi lagi. i have this booklet na may compilations ng novenas. ok sya kasi i learn to discover the life of other saints din. like now, ngnnovena ako to st. rita who is the saint pala for the hopeless.  :) hindi ko sya kilala dati.

bluestar_65

• Hotel Wizards
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2009, 12:41:23 pm »
^^ sis, dati st. jude lang din alam ko, kasi nga he was the patron saint of the impossible and desperate cases  ;D but seriously, i don't know why i suddenly thought of st. therese. she just suddenly entered my mind, and i decided to do a novena to ask for her prayers, too. the intention that i'm praying for in all the novenas i make is the same. :)

i forgot to mention, i'm also doing pala the 54-day rosary novena. you say the rosary daily for 54 days, 27 days in petition, and 27 days in thanksgiving, whether or not the request has already been (apparently) granted. it's more difficult than the other novenas, yes, but as they say, "A laborious Novena, but a Novena of Love. You who are sincere will not find it too difficult, if you really wish to obtain your request."  ;)

icegurl

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2009, 09:01:22 pm »
^ah, ngayon ko lang yan narinig, yung 54 day novena. As in rosary lang dadasalin, wala ng special prayers?

bluestar_65

• Hotel Wizards
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2009, 09:53:53 am »
^ narinig ko lang din about it half a month ago, sis. i just started this june 1. there is this petition that i really, really want answered (ironically for someone else, who probably does not appreciate it that i'm praying for her  :-\), so i googled for the most effective novena, tapos yun yung lumabas. it was given by mama mary herself to a dying woman, fortuna agrelli, in 1884.

here's the explanation: http://www.theholyrosary.org/54novena.html

and here's how to go about it: http://mypage.direct.ca/p/philp/rosary_novena.html - read this, ang ganda ng explanation  :) but in a nutshell:

"On each of the 54 days of the Novena, 5 decades of the Rosary are prayed. On the first 27 days, the main intention asks for whatever blessing you are seeking. On the remaining 27 days, the main intention thanks God for granting what you have sought, even if it has not yet been revealed to you that you have received it.

The first 27 intentions might take a form similar to: "Dear Lord, we offer this Rosary as part of our Rosary Novena for the gift of ...". While stating the intention, you should also affirm to yourself that God, in the abundance of his love, has truly granted what you are requesting through the Novena, and try to fully trust and love God in return.

The last 27 intentions might take a form similar to: "Dear Lord, we offer this Rosary as part of our Rosary Novena in thanksgiving for the gift of ...". While stating the intention, you should also try to fully believe that God has, in fact, really granted you what you have requested, and try to thank him with the same sincerity as you would if you had what you requested "sitting in front of you" already."

:)

icegurl

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2009, 10:09:14 am »
^thanks for sharing sis. I started this one last night. And ang plan ko is to pray this eveyday

jay

• GirlTalker
  • Mother of JD and Wife to Joseph
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2009, 11:11:04 am »
^^started with this novena yesterday... i have a good about it. thanks sis.
May you be as blessed as I am...

rainbow11

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2009, 08:26:44 am »
are you referring to st. rita of casia sis?

yes sis..

tonette815

• LTS fanatic and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • need to save
    • just love pastel pink and purple!
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2009, 09:31:37 am »
^ thanks sis... sana tulungan niya ko sa request ko... desperado lang talaga ako  :'(

rainbow11

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2009, 12:47:32 pm »
you're welcome sis.. balitaan mo kami ha. God bless!

rlyn27

• GirlTalker
    • :-) single........n happy ^^
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2009, 04:38:41 pm »
ako nman every wednesday nag novena ako kay
Mother of Perpetual help... talaga sobra dati pa sa when i was in cebu nakagawian ko na talaga mag novena until now dito ako sa manila...
kasi feeling ko d kompleto ang week ko pag d ako maka pag novena.. every wed

den every time na dami ko trials sa lyf sobra blessed pa rin ako at na solved ko yun...kaya parang panata ko na talaga yung pag novena ko kay Mother Perpetual Help  :)
-- Three words, two seconds, one moment : : "Thank you GOD " ---

please add my facebook : cloudy25_cutie@yahoo.com

angel_eyes_2nite

• Living the Happily Ever After
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Carpe de Diem!
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2009, 05:22:02 pm »
I pray the rosary everyday but now that I've heard this 54 day novena. I'll try it too.

I usually pray the Perpetual help Novena pag Wednesday. Then I also do the Pieta Novena and the Lord of Pardon before. I'll try to start these two novenas again.
Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away!

kutingpie

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2009, 01:48:34 pm »
mga sis,

i just bought a novena booklet from St Paul. It contains 30 of our favorite Novenas.  :)

kutingpie

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2009, 01:55:01 pm »
may naka-try na ba sa inyo na novena to infant jesus of prague? this novena daw is to be said at the same time every hour for nine consecutive hours in just one day.

chinita_by_heart

• Probationary
  • sometimes you just know...
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2009, 02:12:42 pm »
i'm a ST JUDE devotee.. basta pray lang po tayo that comes from our heart and [textspeak!] GOD will listen to us... Godbless po sa ating lahat..
DoEsn't lOok naUgHty but I AM!

http://jinggaykiosk.wordpress.com/

candy_28

• Probationary
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2009, 06:38:09 pm »
mga sis...pwede ba [textspeak!] sa bahay ka [textspeak!] magnonovena???effective ba din un???

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close