watch now

Author Topic: ALL ABOUT THERAPY CENTERS- Occupational/Speech/Physical etc.  (Read 359194 times)

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
Re: ALL ABOUT THERAPY CENTERS- Occupational/Speech/Physical etc.
« Reply #580 on: August 19, 2015, 04:01:17 pm »
We saw a Hanen certified speech pathologist yesterday. We didn't go to a developmental pedia because we all know sa speech lang delayed ang daughter namin. So why would I want to waste time and money pa when i know SP din talaga pupuntahan namin...

Anyway, she was very good and really thorough. She asked me what language I speak with her (I said because I want to raise her to be bilingual, it's about 90% Filipino. But I speak to my husband mostly in English even if our daughter is within earshot). Then she asked who is the primary caregiver of our daughter and her main language. I said my Mum looks after her 3-4x a week because hubby and I work full time and she speaks to her in 100% Filipino. So sabi nya, if we undergo therapy sessions, it will have to be done in Filipino. She will watch us and coach us from the sidelines but she'll make sure we follow the strategies. And we have to do at least 30 minutes of this everyday with our daughter as our homework.

So ayun... hubby and I are still thinking about it though because the hourly session costs $170! :o she recommends 10 sessions muna and then assessment again after.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 05:11:04 pm by gumdrops26 »

adamantine04

  • Guest
Re: ALL ABOUT THERAPY CENTERS- Occupational/Speech/Physical etc.
« Reply #581 on: September 23, 2015, 07:58:01 am »
Hello mommies!

Newbie here. Any feedback po sa TeamWorks Therapy Center. And how much po rates nila for ABA?

Thanks in advance. Godbless us all.


MRS.DEE

  • Guest
Re: ALL ABOUT THERAPY CENTERS- Occupational/Speech/Physical etc.
« Reply #582 on: September 27, 2015, 08:47:27 am »
Hi ladies.  Sharing this to all moms.

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=886448961468459&id=114262512020445&refid=17

Can anyone recommend a good speech path in Binan?

sweetandspicymars

  • Guest
Re: ALL ABOUT THERAPY CENTERS- Occupational/Speech/Physical etc.
« Reply #583 on: October 13, 2015, 09:30:38 pm »
Hello mommies! would just like to ask if okay ba yung FORMATIVE SKILLS LEARNING CENTER sa Binondo Manila? Thanks! especially [textspeak!] mga OTs nila..  ;D

sweetandspicymars

  • Guest
Re: ALL ABOUT THERAPY CENTERS- Occupational/Speech/Physical etc.
« Reply #584 on: October 13, 2015, 09:39:37 pm »
hello ladies! okay ba dun sa FORMATIVE LEARNING CENTER?? its in Binondo.. gusto sana malaman if magaling ba yung OTs nila?  :) thanks!

missoni

  • Guest
Re: ALL ABOUT THERAPY CENTERS- Occupational/Speech/Physical etc.
« Reply #585 on: October 27, 2015, 03:25:28 pm »
hunny_ally, you can also try Learning TRAIN center.
2f, Magnitude bldg. 186 e. Rodriguez jr. Ave, bagumbayan qc ( BDO on the ground floor)
(0917) 523 7769
(02) 506 2153

😀

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: ALL ABOUT THERAPY CENTERS- Occupational/Speech/Physical etc.
« Reply #586 on: October 27, 2015, 04:40:53 pm »
^thanks! I tried calling train center too but they're fully booked. My daughter had been attending therapy in a center somewhere in Ortigas. So far, so good

vilmanian09

  • Guest
Re: ALL ABOUT THERAPY CENTERS- Occupational/Speech/Physical etc.
« Reply #587 on: November 28, 2015, 06:24:52 pm »

Hello mommies,

Do you know any therapy centers near Cainta? My daughter is diagnosed with ADHD. Her doctor said that she needs intensive behavior modification.

Thank you so much!   

rhumbafrapp

  • Guest
Re: ALL ABOUT THERAPY CENTERS- Occupational/Speech/Physical etc.
« Reply #588 on: November 28, 2015, 06:30:43 pm »
NEST (nurturing early skills therapy center) is in cainta. Madami senior OTs doon sis :) mostly up and ust sila

^^^ ang alam ko maliit super space ng formative skills e. I don't know the OTs who work there e. Ang kilala ko yun former SP and OTs lang nila

You might want to consider NEST manila (near ust) or st teodora (near uno high school) if you want to look for manila therapy centers

vilmanian09

  • Guest
Re: ALL ABOUT THERAPY CENTERS- Occupational/Speech/Physical etc.
« Reply #589 on: November 28, 2015, 06:39:59 pm »
Yes, I've heard of NEST. But I don't think na they are offering ABA. I am considering ABA, yun din kasi ang nirecommend ni doc kasi yun daw ang mas effective na intervention. :)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 07:13:36 pm by vilmanian09 »

Lolits

  • Guest
Re: ALL ABOUT THERAPY CENTERS- Occupational/Speech/Physical etc.
« Reply #590 on: November 28, 2015, 07:31:45 pm »
Hello mommies,

Do you know any therapy centers near Cainta? My daughter is diagnosed with ADHD. Her doctor said that she needs intensive behavior modification.

Thank you so much!   

hi sis! i have a son, who is diagnosed with ASD. i have been searching at different sites for behavior modification. may nagsuggest sakin to try SMLC, you should try it too. yung anak nya 3 months pa lang, may improvement na. 2 hours pa per session sila :)

Mia_Kleen

  • Guest
Re: ALL ABOUT THERAPY CENTERS- Occupational/Speech/Physical etc.
« Reply #591 on: December 15, 2015, 09:40:08 am »
Hi Mommies, anyone familiar with RLS Therapeutic Learning Center? feedbacks? 
 :)

rhumbafrapp

  • Guest
Re: ALL ABOUT THERAPY CENTERS- Occupational/Speech/Physical etc.
« Reply #592 on: December 16, 2015, 08:16:50 am »
Sis vilmanian09: who is your doctor po? AFAIK, walang literature or research na nagsabi na aba is the more effective therapy for children diagnosed with autism...in fact,based on practice, not all kids benefit from aba. Although some kids do well with the structure from aba :)

palawander

  • Guest
Re: ALL ABOUT THERAPY CENTERS- Occupational/Speech/Physical etc.
« Reply #593 on: January 04, 2016, 12:36:15 pm »
Agree with SMLC (Shaping Milestones Learning Center). It has been 6 months since my daughter has undergone behavioral therapy. 2 hours per session. Helpful and effective!

palawander

  • Guest
Re: ALL ABOUT THERAPY CENTERS- Occupational/Speech/Physical etc.
« Reply #594 on: January 19, 2016, 11:12:12 pm »
Just want to share...I am disappointed with my experience in Kids In Motion (Taguig). They kept on changing/cancelling my daughter's schedule. I've been with them for less than a month and I was requested for the following: 2x change of schedule and 1x of cancellation. If you are conscious of establishing a habit, this center is not for you since they kept on changing from time to time.

ldj

  • Guest
Re: ALL ABOUT THERAPY CENTERS- Occupational/Speech/Physical etc.
« Reply #595 on: January 20, 2016, 02:40:51 pm »
Hi! Any feedback sa Brightminds Speech Clinic sa BGC, Taguig? My daughter will start her therapy there next week kasi wala kaming makuha na centers. I visited their center and mukang okay naman, but the place is small. Also may ma-recommend ba kayo na SPED school around Taguig/Makati?

palawander

  • Guest
Re: ALL ABOUT THERAPY CENTERS- Occupational/Speech/Physical etc.
« Reply #596 on: January 20, 2016, 06:59:44 pm »
I just visited BrightMinds today. I will have my daughter assessed next week. Will give feedback after the assessment. So far, I was able to talk with the assigned therapist and the admin in charge. I suggest that during your assessment kindly provide your expectations - what needs to be addressed, what will be the logistics for rescheduling/cancellations, mode of payment etc. Setting expectations became my lessons learned from my previous center. I transferred from another center due to inconsistencies of schedule. My fault as well since I did not inform them my expectations that I am not okay on frequent rescheduling.

palawander

  • Guest
Re: ALL ABOUT THERAPY CENTERS- Occupational/Speech/Physical etc.
« Reply #597 on: January 27, 2016, 01:53:34 pm »
Done with the assessment. So far, we already had 2 sessions with Brightminds. Below are my observations:

- I can say that the teacher is very focused on the goal of the therapy. Ensures that there is a follow through at home and explains very well the steps on how to practice a task.
- There is a contract regarding cancellations of the center and cancellations of the client. I think this is good and beneficial for both parties.
- Consent from parents that the teacher may introduce good behavior/practices.

I am satisfied with their service. Hopefully they will have a positive impact on my daughter's development.

missoni

  • Guest
Re: ALL ABOUT THERAPY CENTERS- Occupational/Speech/Physical etc.
« Reply #598 on: February 09, 2016, 01:20:21 pm »
For those looking for a therapy center in Marikina, you can contact
ACHIEVE THERAPY CENTER
(0917-8832536). its at Marikina Heights Marikina City (near Baytree😀) . Puro senior therapists yung nandun.

lmonterroyo

  • Guest
Re: ALL ABOUT THERAPY CENTERS- Occupational/Speech/Physical etc.
« Reply #599 on: February 18, 2016, 03:46:59 am »
Word of advice pala mommies, please ask your speech paths where they graduate. Legit speech pathologists are from UP MANILA-CAMP AND UST (2014). CHED has already issued a memorandum addressing legitimacy of masters degree (specifically MA Ed. SLP) from other schools. You can ask your SP naman for their name and year they graduated and double check with UP and UST. 😀 If your therapist is not from the 2 schools think twice na. UPM-CAMP offers masters in Rehab Sciences- speech pathology (MRS-SP) but not masters in educ major in  speech-language pathology.

Hi, I'm new here and I was going through the forum and I read this post. I just have a few questions regarding this...

1. You mentioned that "...Legit speech pathologists are from UP MANILA-CAMP AND UST (2014)..."

I feel that you are implying that other people who are not graduates of these two Universities are not legitimate speech therapists. May I ask which organization or whose authority you are basing your statement on? You also mentioned a memorandum from CHED...would you be able to supply a copy of it here? I am asking this not just for my benefit, but for the others as well. If we have a copy of this memorandum, then everyone who reads it will be informed already and that is a good thing if you ask me.

2. You also mentioned that "...If your therapist is not from the 2 schools think twice na..."

I'm sorry but I don't understand...why do we have to think twice because our therapist is not from the 2 schools. What is the basis why people would have to think twice? Is it about knowledge? Is it about skills? And if there is one, then what is/are the standard/s that we need to consider to say that they are below par? To say that the standard would be the performance of the therapists from the 2 schools is kind of a circular argument because it then begs the question of who determines that their performance is at par and based on which standard?

3. You also mentioned that "...UPM-CAMP offers masters in Rehab Sciences- speech pathology (MRS-SP) but not masters in educ major in  speech-language pathology..."

If this is the basis of your entire statement, I think this is like comparing apples to oranges. I see that one is a degree in Rehab Sciences and the other is a degree in Education. I think this is a dead giveaway that they should not be compared. Let me put it this way...would you consider a Master of Arts (MA) degree in Psychology an illegitimate degree because you have a Master of Science (MS) degree? Although they are related and that there are some overlaps between the two, they do have differences that are significant enough to warrant a separation of their fields of study in Universities. I think this is the same thing with the one you mentioned.

I'm sorry, but for the benefit of all the people who are looking for help and assistance through this forum, would it be possible for you to supply further information and supporting ideas regarding your comments? There are a lot of people who are seeking help and assistance and further information will go a long way in making things easier for all of us, I believe.

Thank you.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close