watch now

Author Topic: THYROID ISSUES PART II  (Read 315223 times)

A/K/A

  • Guest
Re: THYROID ISSUES PART II
« Reply #440 on: May 23, 2013, 09:44:43 am »
Hello mga sis! I've been reading this thread to get more info about thryroid issues. I've been told by a few people na magpatingin ako kasi baka may problem ako sa thyroid. Gusto ko na magpatingin this week and if someone could recommend a doctor in QC, hope you could send me a PM. I've been looking for a doctor pero it's hard to just trust one na talaga alam ang condition na ito and could recommend proper meds as well. Thanks in advance sa mga recos at salamat din sa mga nagpo-post sa thread. They really help a lot. :)

Princess_Chill

  • Guest
Re: THYROID ISSUES PART II
« Reply #441 on: May 26, 2013, 01:19:12 pm »
I have protruding or bulging eyes due to Graves/Toxic goiter. Do you know any herbal or natural medicine for that? i am taking tapazole for a long time now and I underwent RAI but my eyes became bigger.

sis im hyper thyroid din toxic goiter nag bulge din eyes ko pero noong na stablize na tsk ft4 ft3 ko unti unti naman siya bumalik kaso hindi na ata possible na pbabalik sa normal
im taking ph338 gluta kasi ive read na nakaka tulong ito sa muscle sa eyes and true pag naka gluta ako hindi galit na galit iyong mata ko
since medyo mahal ang gluta hindi ko talaga siya consistenly naiinom :(

im also taking vitaplus and ok din...sis ask ko lang nag RAI pero bakit lalo nag bulge? ni ask mo na ba doc for that?
sabi din saakin na mag eye drops daw to lubricate our eyes since may exoptalmus tayo this would be very helpful daw.

IamDindin

  • Guest
Re: THYROID ISSUES PART II
« Reply #442 on: May 27, 2013, 04:25:49 pm »
Pa join ako mga sisses. :)  Hyperthyroid ako before, na diagnose yun mga 2008, sabi ng doctor malamang daw matagal na yun hindi ko lang daw napapansin. Akala ko kasi noon normal lang ang palpitation, dahil pala sa hyperthyroid ko yun.  I took PTU for 2 years then nag normal, hininto ko yung inom ng gamot.  Then after a year, bumalik na naman, I was advised to undergo na ng thyroidectomy (partial lang).  Then now, hypo naman ako, taking Euthyrox.  I haven't checked my t3, t4, tsh pa after my last check-up nung surgery.  Pero grabe ang laki ng itinaba ko nung maging hypo ako.

design21

  • Guest
Re: THYROID ISSUES PART II
« Reply #443 on: May 27, 2013, 11:32:39 pm »
ako naman from hypo naging hyper ngayun ganun ba talaga yun?

maye2k

  • Guest
Re: THYROID ISSUES PART II
« Reply #444 on: May 29, 2013, 01:18:38 pm »
@ airwaterfire

Hello there, thanks for your comment :). I just had mine removed last May 4, and it was a good decision then. Saw my post-operative biopsy and my doctor says I'm already at stage 2 papillary carcinoma and there's no other way to treat it but to really remove it, so t'was really a good decision to have it removed. I'm due for radioactive iodine (RAI) probably 2nd week of June 2013 after seeing my nuclear radiologist and I'm quite skeptical about rai and still looking for alternative way on how to treat remaining cells if ever meron pa. But I think RAI is only the best way, I just hate the treatment process and the recovery period, the isolation thingy and everything. My doctor said also if only I would have checked it earlier, there might be a chance that I won't be undergoing RAI procedure specially if the lump is still 2cm less, but in my case it was already at 3cm so malaki na at rai is really necessary.

Good luck to you sis and to everyone here who have the same problem in thyroid.  Pray always and be strong.

twotrickpony

  • Guest
Re: THYROID ISSUES PART II
« Reply #445 on: June 10, 2013, 02:57:16 pm »
hello girls, I've been having palpitations before for a week, then nawala sya after, then etong week nanaman nag start nanaman akong magpalpitate. I already had my ECG test and normal naman daw. Then ang recommendation sa akin magpa Thyroid test daw ako, dapat sa kanila na ko magpapa test, kaso super pricey nya like 4.5k.. Sabi sa akin pwede ding baka stressed lang ako, although I've been stressed a lot lately talaga, hindi ko pa din mapigilan na hindi mag worry kasi baka nga my thyroid ako. 

Anyway, anyone here knows kung saan mas mura? Mas okay kaya pag south lang banda, I live in Las Pinas. And cover kaya ang test ng PhilHealth? Thanks in advance!

geminitalks

  • Guest
Re: THYROID ISSUES PART II
« Reply #446 on: June 13, 2013, 08:49:22 pm »
hi all...i was diagnosed as hyperthyroid almost 12 yrs ago...1st 2 yrs my doctor already recommended me to undergo RAI because he said it is the only way to heal my toxic goiter or medication lifetime to control it. Since RAI is a bit expensive in the pocket, i put it off..and off..and off. I decided many years later to get a second opinion however the 2nd known specialist here in cdo is often fully swapped with clients. So i continued my medications, on & off since sometimes drugstores ran out of stock. I also tried taking Vita Plus but later stop also due to excess on my budget.

Just last month i was able to go back to cdo and fortunately there are other specialist now available for a second opinion. I didn't go back to my previous doctor since i want fresh perspective regarding my thyroid condition.

She did a physical check-up on my neck then recommended an ultrasound and a TSH test which i didn't had before. And by God's grace and mercy the result came back negative. My TSH is now normal and my thyroid lobes are also normal. :)

I'm off medication now though stress is a big no no.

Lesson here: It doesn't hurt to get a second/ another opinion, more inputs..much better!

cecile**

  • Guest
Re: THYROID ISSUES PART II
« Reply #447 on: June 14, 2013, 07:38:39 am »
Mine is thyroid nodules. Hormones are normal. 3 years ago when I learned that I have problems in my thyroid. Palpitations lead me to have a thyroid ultrasound and found out that there's a nodule on the right thyroid. My doctor did not recommend me any medicines and just advised me to avoid some veggies that can make it grows. But lately, I have felt some pains in my chest and I tried to see a doctor once again. She advised me to have my thyroid checked again as she believed that same problem causes my frequent chest pain and palpitation. I was a bit shocked when she told me that perhaps it has grown already and operation will be her recommendation.
 
As I believe that our body can heal in its own. I opt to go on natural healing or as they called it an alternative medicines. I am worried about the side effects that the modern medicines may bring to me. That's why, I am now on cleansing diet. So hard to at first but eventually my body learned to adopt to it.

myjoy

  • Guest
Re: THYROID ISSUES PART II
« Reply #448 on: June 14, 2013, 09:53:23 pm »
Mine is thyroid nodules. Hormones are normal. 3 years ago when I learned that I have problems in my thyroid. Palpitations lead me to have a thyroid ultrasound and found out that there's a nodule on the right thyroid. My doctor did not recommend me any medicines and just advised me to avoid some veggies that can make it grows. But lately, I have felt some pains in my chest and I tried to see a doctor once again. She advised me to have my thyroid checked again as she believed that same problem causes my frequent chest pain and palpitation. I was a bit shocked when she told me that perhaps it has grown already and operation will be her recommendation.
 
As I believe that our body can heal in its own. I opt to go on natural healing or as they called it an alternative medicines. I am worried about the side effects that the modern medicines may bring to me. That's why, I am now on cleansing diet. So hard to at first but eventually my body learned to adopt to it.


Hi sis cecile**! We have the same issue..normal tsh, t3, t4, ft4. i have a solid mass sa right and cystic naman sa left. benign ang result sa fnab. walang binigay na gamot sa akin kasi normal daw yung hormones ko. pero walang sinabi sa akin na may mga veggies na nakakapagpalaki nung bukol..can you please share naman kung ano ano yun..kasi ang bilis lumaki nung bukol ko eh.  operation lang din ang sagot sabi ng doctor na tumingin sa akin. :( 

and if you could also please share the cleansing diet you are on, i would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance sis!  :-*

cecile**

  • Guest
Re: THYROID ISSUES PART II
« Reply #449 on: June 19, 2013, 09:13:40 am »
^Yah parehas nga yun sa atin sis. Actually, yung first time ko magpaultrasound complex nodule sa right pa lang ang nakita. Then, lately nung nagpaultrasound ulit ako meron na din sa left na cyst daw. Ang sinabi sa akin nung una kong doc eh iwasan daw yung mga like cabbage, spinach, talong, singkamas. Ayun.

Regarding naman sa natural healing. Ang sabi sa akin ng doc eh bawal daw ang vitaminE at flouride at of course ang magbuhat ng mabigat.
Yung cleansing diet. I think general naman yun. No rice, fish and vegetables lang ang pwede sa lunch. For breakfast, boiled saba lang or wheat bread with jam. Then, kamote and natural juices in between meals . No salt and artificial seasoning yung fish.

I hope this could help sis. Check-up ko ulit this Saturday. Hopefully may improvement :)

green-aholic

  • Guest
Re: THYROID ISSUES PART II
« Reply #450 on: June 19, 2013, 01:55:40 pm »
I have thyroid problem din but the last time i checked normal naman lahat yung lab results ko. but then, i've had palpitations din this summer lang kaya i went to an alternative method of healing. I went to a chinese doctor and so far ok naman. till now i'm still drinking the herbs prescribed to me and i think nakecleanse ako sa mga binigay sa akin. ganyan din sis cecile yung mga ipinagbawal saken. I think we're seeing the same doctor. :D ayoko na din sa western med, aside from mahal sya eh lalo lang tayo magiging toxic sa mga medicine na iniinom naten. sana gumaling na tayo mga sis!!

mikewazowski

  • Guest
Re: THYROID ISSUES PART II
« Reply #451 on: June 21, 2013, 06:21:09 pm »
Pag fatter than normal yung neck ba may goiter or thyroid issue na? nagpacheck na kasi ako dati, wala nman daw ako goiter pero mataba [textspeak!] yung neck part ko, yung parang sa mga chubby cute kids :-P pansin ko lang, when I gain weight its fatter and more obvious pero pag payat ko mas less visible siya pero natatanong pa din ako kung ay goiter daw ba ako.

myjoy

  • Guest
Re: THYROID ISSUES PART II
« Reply #452 on: June 27, 2013, 10:58:23 am »
thank you sis cecile**! 4 na doctor ang pinuntahan ko na, pero wlaang sinabing mga bawal na pagkain. thank you talaga sa inut. mahilig pa naman ako dun sa mga gulay na hehe...

yung last na doctor na pinuntahan ko, head and neck surgeon, hindi naman nya sinabing ooperahan ako kasi maliit lang naman daw yung mismong mass. ang malaki daw yung thyroid ko mismo. so naggagamot ako ng levothyroxine for 6 weeks tapos magpapa tsh ulet ko. may level ng tsh daw na gusto nyang makuha. kaya maggagamutan muna kami ng matagal then fter 6 months, ultrasound ulet.  parang napakasimpleng sakit lang no, pero ang habang gamutan. :)

kawawa naman si baby, hindi ko pwedeng buhatin palagi. super bigat pa naman nya kaya lang nakakaawa pag naglalambing at nagpapabuhat.

good luck sa check up mo sis! sana good news! :)

maye2k

  • Guest
Re: THYROID ISSUES PART II
« Reply #453 on: August 15, 2013, 08:54:16 am »
Depende sis, in my case I had my TT last May 2013, spent 58K less Philhealth.

lanee_beu

  • Guest
Re: THYROID ISSUES PART II
« Reply #454 on: August 15, 2013, 12:07:15 pm »
Depende sis, in my case I had my TT last May 2013, spent 58K less Philhealth.

thank you sis maye2k

maye2k

  • Guest
Re: THYROID ISSUES PART II
« Reply #455 on: August 20, 2013, 10:43:52 am »
no prob sis :)

pepperjane

  • Guest
Re: THYROID ISSUES PART II
« Reply #456 on: August 20, 2013, 08:26:21 pm »
mga sis, [textspeak!] sister ko will be operated to remove the thyroid kasi 5cm na daw yung bukol. :( so sad and afraid for my sister.. may idea ba kau how much ang ganung procedure?

depende sa hospital and her doctor.. my mother undergone operation nung 2010 pero naka 130k+ kame. buti nalang my healthcard philhealth but still mga 60k pa rin ang cash ng dad ko

leilaniandson_onlineshop

  • Guest
Re: THYROID ISSUES PART II
« Reply #457 on: November 03, 2013, 08:33:59 am »
I am Lei. If you need someone to talk to about Hyperthyroidism or toxic goiter you can ask me. I experienced so many painful things because of that. I lost friends, jobs etc because it was not the old me. I was really hyper. I had tremors, eyes were bulging and other side effects the worst was the effect on my son. He grew up with anxiety and he is hyper but he has no goiter though I was taking meds I had developed these side effects so what I did I had total thyroidectomy last August 28. I am now Hypo. Choosing between the two because I really had no choice he he he I prefer Hypo. I am doing my best to be normal again. I exercise. I keep a full time job. I want to volunteer once I am really healthy inside and out. I am searching and looking for the supplements or herbal medicines to fight for this illness and to bring back my former assets, my eyes then share it to everyone who is need 
I will see my Doctor on Monday to get the dosage for my hyperthyroidism.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 08:45:40 am by leilaniandson_onlineshop »

leilaniandson_onlineshop

  • Guest
Re: THYROID ISSUES PART II
« Reply #458 on: November 03, 2013, 08:44:28 am »
sis im hyper thyroid din toxic goiter nag bulge din eyes ko pero noong na stablize na tsk ft4 ft3 ko unti unti naman siya bumalik kaso hindi na ata possible na pbabalik sa normal
im taking ph338 gluta kasi ive read na nakaka tulong ito sa muscle sa eyes and true pag naka gluta ako hindi galit na galit iyong mata ko
since medyo mahal ang gluta hindi ko talaga siya consistenly naiinom :(

im also taking vitaplus and ok din...sis ask ko lang nag RAI pero bakit lalo nag bulge? ni ask mo na ba doc for that?
sabi din saakin na mag eye drops daw to lubricate our eyes since may exoptalmus tayo this would be very helpful daw.

Hi sis! Thank you so much. I had TT.  I am gaining weight. I prefer hypo than hyper. I was always angry and was always in hurry when I had toxic goiter now it was reversed. To tall sisses who have questions just post here.

leilaniandson_onlineshop

  • Guest
Re: THYROID ISSUES PART II
« Reply #459 on: November 03, 2013, 08:59:29 am »
 Not all Doctors will tell you that Hyperthyroidism means you can have excessive iodines unless you ask them questions or you went to a good and nice Doctor who will volunteer the info. I visited a great Doctor in Makati Med. I was advised that I should avoid seafood. I took vitamins without iodine. I took tapdin, inderal etc. Then I had RAI in 1999 at UST with Doctor Torres. I was healed for few years my mistake was I never came back there because of too much expenses. I was in Batangas City. Then when I worked at BPO I had budget na I went to Makati Med they gave medicines muna. I have been waiting to undergo surgery then found Dr. Delizo in Megamall Clinica Manila. He is good. A Specialist in Goiter, Metabolism. From his RX I took Supplements, Gluta, tapdin and vit c. He treated me aggresively coz I have been wanting to have surgery I hate the feeling ofr being so Hyper, everyone was affected eh. Then he gave me clearance to had surgery with any Surgeon. I had TT in Batangas City. Total expenses 108k. Private room etc. Me, the company and Philhealth hati hati. Good thing even though I was still proby they helped me. Now, I am hypo. This is better than Hyper. Of course I want to be normal again. Finding affordable supplements or fruits that will make my hormones normal again. I am searching for the normal sources of calcium, to remove eyes itchiness, makes my hair and skin glowing. I want to avoid medicines coz my liver is deteriorating.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 09:12:39 am by leilaniandson_onlineshop »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close