watch now

Author Topic: All about sewing part 2  (Read 263916 times)

iceebaby

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #460 on: April 03, 2012, 11:32:23 am »
I'm using a Brother with a needle threader. Kaya sobrang madali gamitin. :)

glamorosa_09

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #461 on: April 03, 2012, 02:44:59 pm »
^sis what model?
brother  din yung plan kong bilhin.

iceebaby

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #462 on: April 03, 2012, 05:23:56 pm »
Sis, it's the XL-5500. I bought it at Western along Pasay Road, Makati.

Dapat yung simple lang, but nung nasabi na may autmatic needle threader etong model na ito. Yan agad pinili ko.  Worth it kasi madalas ang mapigtas ang thread kaya in a matter of seconds... shoot na agad yung thread sa needle!

Naalala ko kasi dati yung lola and mom ko.. saakin pa pinapalagay ang thread sa kanilang makina... so I felt it was a challenge kaya eto na talga binili ko. :)

http://welcome.brother.com/content/brother/ph-en/products-services/home-sewing-machines/xl-5500.html

glamorosa_09

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #463 on: April 03, 2012, 06:38:50 pm »
sis yan yung isa kong pinagpipilian, tska yung BM-2600. 1k lang naman ang difference nila.
Mas mura ba sa Western sis? Meron pa kaming isang contact na brother distributor,
kimura Chavez.

leslie7622

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #464 on: April 05, 2012, 08:46:34 am »
Hi,

Does anybody know if may sergers na binebenta sa pier?

bambacharms

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #465 on: April 11, 2012, 10:48:48 am »
^

Hi Leslie, pumunta kami sa pier one and half month ago bumili ako ng sewing machine 3k lang. Meron akong nakitang mga sergers, marami actually hehe, pero di ko tinanong magkano eh.  :)

patstarr

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #466 on: April 11, 2012, 08:49:32 pm »
^ Hi, saan exactly sa pier? Planning to buy a brother one pero mahal sa malls.

bambacharms

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #467 on: April 12, 2012, 11:25:23 am »
Hi patstarr, second hand lang yung sewing machine ko ah, found this very informative blog before:

http://the-hobby-horse.blogspot.com/2010/08/hello-i-stumbled-on-your-blog-while.html

Nag-jeep lang kami papuntang pier tapos nagpababa kami sa Aduana, dun sa may pabilog dun tapos nakahilera na yung mga shops nakadisplay yung mga sewing machines.

Marami namang brother dun, may mga singer din, kaso di ko kabisado [textspeak!] mga models. Parang japanese kasi mostly, if you're looking for a specific model baka mahirapan ka. I was also planning to buy a brother but I ended up buying a Toyota (biruin mo yun gumagawa rin pala sila ng sewing machines hehe) pero okay siya, basic stitches lang, di ko naman kasi kelangan ng marami, maganda yung tunog tahimik, tapos high speed pa. ang haba na hehe sorry napakwento :)


Sunshine

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #468 on: April 19, 2012, 08:45:30 pm »
I'm using a Brother BM-2600, and while I'm satisfied with its performance based on my needs, if I have the chance, and money,  to buy another sewing machine again, I'm going with Singer. What are my problems with my Brother sewing machine? For one, it's a bit maarte. I clean it inside and out before I sew, and if I'm doing heavy-duty sewing I have to clean midway as the tension gets screwed up if nagkakaroon ng lint or dust sa loob---so if I'm sewing a dress, I have to clean it once or twice. It can't handle thick fabrics either, eg, three layers of denim. I don't get to use the fancy stitches much---I just mostly need the zigzag (for edging) and the straight stitch. It can do buttonholing, but I'm a bit OC sa buttonholes and I do it by hand. My mom's manual Singer, which is older than me and which I used when I was still learning to sew, is still doing great, by the way.

smoochzi

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #469 on: April 23, 2012, 12:01:59 am »
Hi,

I'm choosing between the Brother BM2600 or the Singer Talent 3323.. what do you guys suggest?
I'm a newbie, and the last time I used a sewing machine was back in HS, more than 10 years ago. :)
The only plus for the Brother for me, is the free lessons with Brother.

What do you guys think? TIA!

LLLA

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #470 on: April 24, 2012, 01:59:18 am »
glad that I found this thread.
I am into sewing too and planning to buy a sewing machine soon... ;D

quidkeshimiro

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #471 on: April 25, 2012, 01:02:08 pm »
Guys, pa-help naman po.. saan po mayroon embroidey service na yung tumatanggap ng per piece lang..yung ok kahit hindi bulky order? may papa-customized lang po ako denim..thank you..

Shamel

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #472 on: April 30, 2012, 10:53:40 am »
HI,   im plannig to buy a sewing machine,  my mom suggested togo to pier cheaper daw, please help me how to get there,  coming from taft.  what will i ride na jeepney?  my warranty ba doon,  sorry  dont have enought time  to read  previous threads.  thanks.

isha17

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #473 on: May 02, 2012, 06:36:51 pm »
Im selling my portable sewing machine. Sakanya ako natuto ng lahat.:) but sayang naman kung di na sya magagamit.. I bought a singer sewing machine na,i have an edging machine nadin. I got my singer machine ng installment, 3k downpayment, then 1,5 for 6mos.. So happy!

fxy111

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #474 on: May 04, 2012, 11:04:27 am »
san ba okay bumili ngayon ng brand new machine and anong brand and model yung okay na talaga? and san kayo nagaral ng basic sewing and pattern making?

western appliances carry brother sewing machines and they offer 0% installment for 6-12 months.
i studied pattern making and basic sewing in fashion institute of the philippines. they have a "speed" course for pattern making ( 8 sessions na sunod sunod) i think php11k na per course.

hope that helps:)

gandahkoh

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #475 on: May 08, 2012, 02:47:19 pm »
sis fxy111... ok ba ang sewing class sa fashion institute of the philippines.  Plan ko sana mag-enroll din pero yung night classes sana kasi I have a full time day job. 

Feedback naman po sa classes na offered nila.

jsingson

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #476 on: May 13, 2012, 11:59:45 pm »
^ i just inquired at Fashion Institute QC branch last saturday.  their basci sewing class is 10k.  Teaching daw is 1-on-1, and you can go to the school any time you want M-Sat as long as it's within their open hours.  You need to complete 6 projects within 6 months.  Use of the machines is first come, first serve, so if you go there and all machines are taken, you'll need to wait for someone to finish

jsingson

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #477 on: May 14, 2012, 12:05:01 am »
Hi.  Does anyone know where I can find brand new Singer machines?  I saw only Brother at Western appliances. TIA! :-)

Sunshine

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #478 on: May 14, 2012, 05:56:08 am »
They have showroom in Tayuman cor Abad Santos. Landmark: Shell station and a former Banco Filipino bank.
Source: Singer FB: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Singer-Philippines-Company/181868288511835
Check out their FB site. They give advice on which machine to purchase depending on your needs.

zidane

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #479 on: May 14, 2012, 09:21:37 am »
hi mga sis..
planning to enrol sa sbnegotech...punta kami dun ni hubby mamaya... Buti na lang i saw this thread, lapit lang sa amin nung SB...
Sa mga nakapag aral na dun... ok po ba siya? nakakatahi na po ba kau?  ;D  ;D   ;D


 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close