watch now

Author Topic: All about sewing part 2  (Read 263725 times)

iheartkitsch

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 10:21:09 am »
hi ask ko po details sa TESDA courses. May requirements po ba? interested ako to learn sewing and other crafts. may equipment sa bahay, machine and serger ata tawag dun na nasasayang lang, eh.  :D

Sunshine

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2009, 04:22:57 pm »
Mas mura ang Brother sewing machine sa Automatic Center kaysa sa SM. I got myself a BM-2600 (25 stitches; 9K) last February, and this is the very first real dress I sewed using my new machine:

Pic 1
Pic 2
This is my daughter's gala dress.

I don't have any formal training in sewing, but it's something that I really enjoy doing. Yung sewing machine, I used to use my mom's, a very old Singer atras-abante and de-padyak. I was afraid to use motor dati kasi parang feeling ko di ko kayang ma-control. Pero when I tried using my Brother sewing machine, I'm never going back. It's so easy to use talaga. I'm planning to study pattern-making kasi yun talaga ang heart and soul ng paggawa ng dress. Can you suggest a school that's good in pattern-making?

bingski

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2009, 07:08:51 am »
ganda ng dress!!!

Sunshine

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2009, 10:31:21 am »
Thank you bingski!

em.em

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2009, 11:26:23 am »
free po ba talaga yung dressmaking program sa tesda?

magic dragon

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2009, 04:19:04 pm »

up the thread. i have the same question as sis em's.

gusto ko rin ma exploit ang sewing. it looks fun.

kimberly428

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2009, 12:04:02 pm »
any suggestions re: model of sewing machine? gusto ko kasi sana yun may pang edging (tama ba?) na...para mas malinis yun gawa :)... i plan to do sewing again... thanks in advance!

Sunshine

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2009, 04:14:24 pm »
@kimberly428
The Brother XL-2600 is a great starter sewing machine. It has a zigzag stitch that I used for the edges.

magic dragon

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2009, 04:49:14 pm »

me naman my son recently bought me an XL5500 for a mother's day gift. ok din naman siguro kasi start me pa lang focus on sewing.

ang alam ko singer yata ang may edging kaya lang for brother, sis sunshine is right. pwede na ang zigzag stitch for edges.

slight problem, i need to go to brother ofc for more lectures on the use of the machine. super kapa lang ako with the manual. other than i need to enrol myself in a sewing class. ngayon ko lang na realize...exciting pala ang manahi. ;) 

maria_fides

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2009, 01:23:35 am »
Yeyy! Got my new sewing machine... Can you give me some tips on how to start sewing, I mean, basic things on sewing. Thank you.

boytalk

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2009, 12:13:23 pm »
[textspeak!] day po sa inyong lahat... ask lang po kung san makakabili ng murang hi speed sew machine. plan using this to make bags..
around 6k below budget(second hand)

Sunshine

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2009, 10:23:24 pm »
^maria_fides, ano ang binili mong sewing machine? Pag Brother kasi, may free na class. Very basic lang.

maria_fides

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2009, 12:59:44 am »
^maria_fides, ano ang binili mong sewing machine? Pag Brother kasi, may free na class. Very basic lang.

Kaht ba sis dito sa US ko nabili yong brother sewing machine ko?? san ko maaavail yong free class? ano kelangan nila? Thanks.

achel_wei

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2009, 03:42:31 pm »
gusto ko rin malaman kung libre yung sa tesda dressmaking course. at kung saan ginagawa ang training?

liz_stardust

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2009, 04:53:25 pm »
there's a basic sewing course in fashion institute of the philippines for 7,500php. you can make you own schedule  ;D
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 05:00:04 pm by liz_stardust »

utotmopink

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2009, 11:47:20 pm »
wow, that's cool! anyone here joining the fashion institute of the philippines?


by the way, share ko lang ang latest project which i did today..
uso ang headbands ngayon di ba? so i made a headband for my baby girl.. she's so cute with it! :) kinamay ko lang yan.. heheh.. ala pa kasi akong sewing machine eh..

joch77

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2009, 02:54:21 pm »
hallo all! i'm not sure if this is the righ thread for this, but I was wondering if you know what's a nice electric sewing kit to begin with, and if just in case you know the price that would be great too! :) I'm not very into sewing before, I remembered I used to ask my schoolmate to sew my school projects co'z I was really poor with those machines..I remembered our school used to have those non-electric ones with wooden body, very tedious needle replacing!! But anyway, recently I've come across several websites with a bunch of very interesting sewing projects..they seemed fun plus mukhang eventually could be a source of income (on the side d ba?) ehhehe..anyway..i am yapping now..but hope to hear your thoughts on my sewing machine question :) good day!

magic dragon

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2009, 05:43:46 pm »

i recently got Brother XL5500(15 stitiches) for P8995.00. i wanted the BM26600(25 stitiches) for almost P10k but there was no delivery the time my son bought.

but prior to the buy i compared brother to a singer model costing about P10,500. i settled with the XL5500 and i'm having fun these days.  so far, so good.

but no plans yet to have business with it. :D

ladybeatrice_25

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2009, 08:07:10 pm »
mga sissies, saan ba makakabili nung hand held na sewing machine, I'm just not sure kung handy stitch tawag dun... meron ba nun sa quiapo, kasi headband and accessories lang naman gagawin ko...
TIA!!! :)

joch77

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2009, 09:32:56 pm »
i recently got Brother XL5500(15 stitiches) for P8995.00. i wanted the BM26600(25 stitiches) for almost P10k but there was no delivery the time my son bought.

but prior to the buy i compared brother to a singer model costing about P10,500. i settled with the XL5500 and i'm having fun these days.  so far, so good.

but no plans yet to have business with it. :D

talks for the reply magic dragon :) i saw some singer sewing machines online as well, but no price, at least now I have an idea...as for the business thing haha..that's mostly me dreaming for the moment..first i got to learn how to sew! thanks again!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close