Author Topic: Unique and intimate Civil Wedding Ideas  (Read 356689 times)

juls97

  • Guest
Re: Unique and intimate Civil Wedding Ideas
« Reply #300 on: July 31, 2012, 04:37:42 pm »

My next step is when we apply for the marriage license(hopefully tomorrow), to ask around in city hall if they can refer us to an officiant. If that doesn't help us any, the next plan is to just go down to the Hall of Justice in Taguig (where we are getting married) and ask around for a judge who's willing to marry us at our venue.

Yeah, we're thinking along the same lines.  If there are no other ways, mega-legwork ang katapat. So am really hoping someone here can give us an alternative idea...

bella23

  • Guest
Re: Unique and intimate Civil Wedding Ideas
« Reply #301 on: August 01, 2012, 09:39:20 am »
Hi guys, newbie rin here, I'm just wondering if anyone here has thought of having a Church wedding pero civil wedding ang set up? like sa church parin ang ceremony pero no entourage,just the immediate family and close friends tapos reception is sa restaurant? nagrerequire ba ang church na dapat may entourage, gowns, etc.? your advice is most appreciated. TIA! ;D

bella23

  • Guest
Re: Unique and intimate Civil Wedding Ideas
« Reply #302 on: August 01, 2012, 09:44:14 am »
Hi guys, newbie rin here, I'm just wondering if anyone here has thought of having a Church wedding pero civil wedding ang set up? like sa church parin ang ceremony pero no entourage,just the immediate family and close friends tapos reception is sa restaurant? nagrerequire ba ang church na dapat may entourage, gowns, etc.? your advice is most appreciated. TIA! ;D

layzieg

  • Guest
Re: Unique and intimate Civil Wedding Ideas
« Reply #303 on: August 02, 2012, 08:55:07 am »
^ ganon yung wedding ng friend ko sa states. immediate family lang ng bride and groom ang guest. not sure lang dito i think pwede din. you just have to ask the pastor.

hushlygreen

  • Guest
Re: Unique and intimate Civil Wedding Ideas
« Reply #304 on: August 02, 2012, 09:02:42 am »
^^ entourage is not a requirement. usually primary sponsors lang ang requirement kasi they act as witnesses. pero most of the time its just 1 pair. :)

bella23

  • Guest
Re: Unique and intimate Civil Wedding Ideas
« Reply #305 on: August 02, 2012, 09:55:39 am »
^ ganon yung wedding ng friend ko sa states. immediate family lang ng bride and groom ang guest. not sure lang dito i think pwede din. you just have to ask the pastor.

Thanks mga sis! btw, if I may ask, need pa ba ng wedding cord, lightening of the candle, veil etc?
ano difference ng wedding rites, sa wedding ceremony? TIA  ;D

hushlygreen

  • Guest
Re: Unique and intimate Civil Wedding Ideas
« Reply #306 on: August 02, 2012, 10:16:08 am »
that i'm not sure kasi church wedding pa rin. but you can ask your target church about it. :)

bella23

  • Guest
Re: Unique and intimate Civil Wedding Ideas
« Reply #307 on: August 02, 2012, 10:20:49 am »
that i'm not sure kasi church wedding pa rin. but you can ask your target church about it. :)

Thanks sis! iconfirm ko na lang dito sa Church malapit samin. God bless!

unibrowcow

  • Guest
Re: Unique and intimate Civil Wedding Ideas
« Reply #308 on: August 02, 2012, 01:21:08 pm »
Asked around in Paranaque City Hall while we applied for the marriage license the other day. The people in the local civil registrar told us na hindi na raw pumapayag ang judges to conduct marriages outside the courtroom, contrary to what I've been reading in forums na you just have to write up a request for the judge to perform the ceremony at an outside venue.

I also called up Taguig City Hall where they forwarded me to the "Marriage section". The woman also told me the same thing. The judges can't go to an outside venue to perform the marriage. Now I have a feeling the judges and mayors only do that pag kakilala niyo. :(

The civil registrar did refer us to a pastor whose office is just very near the Paranaque City Hall. We checked it out and they were asking 8k from us. No thanks. I think that's too high. Plus he was affiliated with some religious organization na mahaba ang name. I can't remember. While I'm sure they are legitimate, it's just not what we were looking for. I don't want to end up with a marriage contract na may kakaibang nakasulat dun and we really want to have a nonreligious ceremony.

Yeah, we're thinking along the same lines.  If there are no other ways, mega-legwork ang katapat. So am really hoping someone here can give us an alternative idea...

I'm really hoping manilacivilweddings.com can help us. I've made an inquiry a couple of days ago but I suspect their email system is down or something so I'm still waiting. This is our only hope for now. Ha.

juls97, I think they offer their services to the whole Philippines so maybe this might work for you too.  Have you heard of manilacivilweddings? I wish there was a thread on manilacivilweddings.com but I can't for the life of me figure out how to start a thread.

vainwriter

  • Guest
Re: Unique and intimate Civil Wedding Ideas
« Reply #309 on: August 02, 2012, 05:56:19 pm »
Thanks mga sis! btw, if I may ask, need pa ba ng wedding cord, lightening of the candle, veil etc?
ano difference ng wedding rites, sa wedding ceremony? TIA  ;D

pag civil weddings normally kahit wala nang cord candle and veil. if your venue is a church talk to them first may churches kasi na may specific format ang wedding. :)

just to share, we were married by a pastor in 2007. im catholic but we were lucky to find a pastor who did not force me into their religion. We only paid P2500 and he even helped us plan the ceremony because we wanted a unity candle incorporated. Super layo nga lang ng location nya so di ko marexommend dito but im just saying that you have to find an officiant that you are comfortable with plus legit in terms of license

piatos

  • Guest
Re: Unique and intimate Civil Wedding Ideas
« Reply #310 on: August 02, 2012, 07:50:33 pm »
Maganda yung sa reception mga 50 pax ang invited sa wedding tapos ang kasunod sa house na

abbey

  • Guest
Re: Unique and intimate Civil Wedding Ideas
« Reply #311 on: August 02, 2012, 09:09:47 pm »
hindi ba hassle magcivil wedding let's say sa ibang probinsya? parang trip namin if ever beach wedding sana.

vainwriter

  • Guest
Re: Unique and intimate Civil Wedding Ideas
« Reply #312 on: August 03, 2012, 05:57:05 am »
^^that's one way to save on the reception :) yung family and super vip lang yung formal reception, then hold another reception sa house where everyone else will be invited.

^maraming gumagawa nito esp in boracay (there's a full wedding industry there :) ) pero destination weddings for me are very stressful for both the couple and the guests. At best, you'll need a wedding coordinator who is familiar in the area of the beach where you intend to get married, para din mabigyan ka niya ng choices regarding your officiant. I also feel mas magastos siya than other wedding types. Pero maraming brides who aspire for this type of wedding kasi beach weddings are very classy if executed properly :)

bella23

  • Guest
Re: Unique and intimate Civil Wedding Ideas
« Reply #313 on: August 03, 2012, 08:51:45 am »
^ thanks sis vainwriter I will look into that. :)

abbey

  • Guest
Re: Unique and intimate Civil Wedding Ideas
« Reply #314 on: August 03, 2012, 10:35:48 am »
^ oo nga sis eh parang mas magastos nga siya to think na civil lang naman. iniisip kasi namin to pero kung mas magastos at stressful, pwede kahit garden na lang o pool basta may tubig hehe. thanks sis!

layzieg

  • Guest
Re: Unique and intimate Civil Wedding Ideas
« Reply #315 on: August 03, 2012, 12:56:51 pm »
ok lang ba na yung civil wedding to be held insde a suite sa isang hotel? kasi ayaw ni h2b ng nasa judge lang and since meron syang family friend na pastor we were thinking if sa suite na lang ng hotel room i held. kasi we only have 3 guests

vainwriter

  • Guest
Re: Unique and intimate Civil Wedding Ideas
« Reply #316 on: August 03, 2012, 02:17:46 pm »
^^ oo nga sis hanap ka na lang ng magandang resort na reasonable ang rate :)

^pwede siguro yan sis kasi pwede naman ang birthdays and other functions sa suites... 3 guests lang sis?

hushlygreen

  • Guest
Re: Unique and intimate Civil Wedding Ideas
« Reply #317 on: August 03, 2012, 03:37:49 pm »
^what about yung mga private resorts in laguna? :)

juls97

  • Guest
Re: Unique and intimate Civil Wedding Ideas
« Reply #318 on: August 04, 2012, 01:47:51 am »
juls97, I think they offer their services to the whole Philippines so maybe this might work for you too.  Have you heard of manilacivilweddings? I wish there was a thread on manilacivilweddings.com but I can't for the life of me figure out how to start a thread.

Hi, unibrowcow. No, I haven't heard of manilacivilweddings. Will check it out.  Thanks!

As for your news, now I'm worried. I want a very small and simple wedding outdoors -- not within the four walls of a judge's office. I thought this would be a whole lot simpler to arrange but now ang main problem pala is the person who will officiate!  I thought since unusual/unique weddings abound, medyo madali ang part na ito...

And re: 8k...geez. I was thinking nga that the ceremony would be so simple; no more than 15-20 mins tops! So I'm expecting that the officer would not be staying long. I'd be willing to pay 8k if I was asking him to travel 3-4 hrs to get to where I want to hold the ceremony. What's the average cost ba of a wedding officiant? Can anyone give us an idea?

piatos

  • Guest
Re: Unique and intimate Civil Wedding Ideas
« Reply #319 on: August 04, 2012, 04:09:38 pm »
8k ang pastor? hahaha punta na lang ako sa cityhall kay mayor or kay judge na lang kahit hindi sya nagkakasal sa labas authentic pa ang documents.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close