watch now

Author Topic: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics  (Read 191082 times)

Girltalker2

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics
« Reply #360 on: August 14, 2014, 10:44:03 pm »

^ sis what did you use before you got these dry patches?  Best to consult a derma parin

Kasi I sometimes have these dry patches too, behind the nose, or sometimes around the mouth area.  Ang ginagawa ko lang, mild cleanser cetaphil, then making sure I moisturize properly.  Kahit hindi Korean brand. I shy away from Etude, not sure why.  I like yung mga overnight mask ng Missha, tony moly snail something (naubos ko na forgot what's it called). I am not sure if Belif is Korean pero I like their cream aqua bomb, it is moisturizing and not oily.

 

sabinestrohen

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics
« Reply #361 on: August 15, 2014, 08:30:32 am »
Thanks, Girltalker2! I think my skin's freaking out about the environment change now that I'm back in Manila! I've been using a milder cleanser, skipping the toner and adding a bit more moisturizer.

Here's my usual routine for oily/sensitive skin:
Bioderma Sensibio H20 to remove makeup
CeraVe foaming facial cleanser (for oily skin)
Kiehl's Calendula toner on days when i don't wear makeup
embryolisse lait creme concentre

I switched to CeraVe Hydrating cleanser when I first saw the teensy flakes, it doesn't foam and is meant for normal to dry skin. I can't use Cetaphil, because it's soooo full of chemicals and gave me horrible comedones. I don't know why it's touted as mild. :) Also looking for a good dermatologist. I'm browsing that thread right now!

So you see, i think I'm missing an exfoliant in my routine to get rid of dead skin cells. I found the Clarisonic too abrasive (even the delicate/sensitive brush heads!).

If you have a recommendation on a konjac sponge (Korean or not), let me know!  :D

Or, since I don't mind revamping my routine anyway, If you have oily/sensitive skin, what Korean skincare line has worked for you?

arowen

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics
« Reply #362 on: August 15, 2014, 02:04:06 pm »
Hi mga sis! Would any of you know if merong korean beauty stores dito (ex.etude,tony moly,nature rep), na nagbebenta ng foot peeling mask? I was in Korea last week, and pinilit ako nung Isang saleslady to purchase a foot peeling mask. Shara shara Yung brand. I tried it in Korea and I thought na hindi effective kasi parang wala naman nangyari. Pero now, after 5 days, Nagbabalat Yung paa ko! Ang saya hehe, and nagsisisi ako na hindi ako nag buy ng madami...

budzwhiz

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics
« Reply #363 on: August 15, 2014, 03:43:56 pm »
Not so sure about the korean store sis, but I've heard of a sissy here accepting preorders from korea. (:

oktoberfest22

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics
« Reply #364 on: August 15, 2014, 04:20:01 pm »
I like The Face Shop's flebote collagenique cleansing oil gel. It does a good job at removing make up and it's not drying. Pero nagulat lang ako kasi it warms up when applied on the skin. May nakagamit na ba nito? Wala kasi akong makitang online reviews.

Girltalker2

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics
« Reply #365 on: August 16, 2014, 08:15:03 am »
Hi mga sis! Would any of you know if merong korean beauty stores dito (ex.etude,tony moly,nature rep), na nagbebenta ng foot peeling mask? I was in Korea last week, and pinilit ako nung Isang saleslady to purchase a foot peeling mask. Shara shara Yung brand. I tried it in Korea and I thought na hindi effective kasi parang wala naman nangyari. Pero now, after 5 days, Nagbabalat Yung paa ko! Ang saya hehe, and nagsisisi ako na hindi ako nag buy ng madami...

Yes ganun nga, after 3-7 days mo ginamit, magbabalat paa mo.  I also bought one from Japan recently pero hindi ko pa magamit gamit kasi lagi ako naka sandals or stilletos.  Nag t-timing pa when I can use it.


sis sabinestrohen, just came from japan naman kasi and one of their top selling beauty products to exfoliate is CURE.  it is like a gel then apply mo to exfoliate, around 2x a week ang gamit.

http://www.amazon.com/Cure-Natural-Aqua-Gel-250ml/dp/B001ABLKK2   

on trying to balance out the dry patches, I noticed if I use masks, nawawala sya. I use mask once-twice a week din.  Not sure if it helps.



bronze

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics
« Reply #366 on: August 16, 2014, 06:17:31 pm »
i have a love and hate relationship with korean beauty products. ang suki lang ako is their masks sheets I'm looking for something from Japan, kahit saan ako maghanap puro made in Korea mask nakikita ko.

Bvrly08

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics
« Reply #367 on: August 17, 2014, 05:02:12 am »
I used to not believe in korean skin care products. I thought magkabreak out lang ako dahil s fragrance ng products nila. Pero hiyang ako sa lahat ng brands na natry ko. My fave is missha super aqua snail line and etude house skin malgem toner. Naghoard ako ng different sleeping masks and scrubs for my twice weekly pampering session at home. I buy from ebay.com free shipping mura na with freebies pa.

Mga sis can you suggest a brightening product na effective?

Girltalker2

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics
« Reply #368 on: August 17, 2014, 09:08:08 am »

^ sis, ako naman ever since believe talaga ako sa mga korean and japanese products. kita  mo naman results, most of their skin talagang makinis.  and most of all, they're asian as well like us. 

kaya simula nung ma discover ko korean/jap beauty products, medyo lumayo nako sa mga american/european products. kasi feeling ko yung mga clinique, lancome, etc hindi sya pang asian, more for caucasian sila.  pero makeup siguro like Mac gamit ko pa, pero sa skin care, I always go back to korean/jap products.


sabinestrohen

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics
« Reply #369 on: August 17, 2014, 11:12:45 am »
i'm looking for something from Japan, kahit saan ako maghanap puro made in Korea mask nakikita ko.

Have you tried the SK-II facial treatment mask? My mom swears by it, it's so good! But a little expensive, so she only uses it when she has to go to bongga events like reunions, etc. And then she saves the little serum you can squeeze out of the foil pack to use the rest of the time.

I've used the Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Pack. It made my skin look glowing immediately after, and for the rest of the day. I have oily sensitive skin and it didn't break me out.

Anyway(so I'm not off-topic on the Korean skincare thread) I gave in and bought a konjac puff from Nature Republic today! Its so soft and squishy!


budzwhiz

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics
« Reply #370 on: August 17, 2014, 04:14:33 pm »
^ Skinfood sis. They have moisturizing lippies and fruity ng smell. (:

vanity fair

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics
« Reply #371 on: August 17, 2014, 04:32:13 pm »
I want to try the treatment essence of Missha.  Please let me know if you know any resellers, parang any mahal kasi for 2,700 pesos, eh sa US website ng Missha, $35 lang dun.

arowen

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics
« Reply #372 on: August 17, 2014, 04:40:47 pm »
May alam kayang sellers ng wonder pore freshener? Oos sa lahat ng etude eh :(

candacena

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics
« Reply #373 on: August 17, 2014, 05:21:27 pm »
^maganda ba yan sis?? Hehe

belle4beauty

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics
« Reply #374 on: August 22, 2014, 10:56:06 pm »
Maganda heartfull moisture and glossy lipsticks ng holika holika. Hindi nakaka dry ng lips. I love their skin care and bb creams too. Nung naghoard ako sa korea ng products nila nagustuhan ko na talaga kasi i never experienced breakouts with their products.

arowen

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics
« Reply #375 on: August 22, 2014, 11:20:29 pm »
^^haven't tried it, sis pero good reviews. pero actually, ngayon, mukhang okay na ko sa etude house ac clinic toner. Problem ko kasi is pimples :)

Girltalker2

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics
« Reply #376 on: August 26, 2014, 11:20:15 pm »

Question on sheet masks? 

1. Do you apply is right after washing your face?  Or toner muna?

2. Do you wash your face after using the sheet mask?

arowen

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics
« Reply #377 on: August 30, 2014, 11:53:34 am »
^i think wash muna, tapos toner, then sheet mask. It's supposed to be your moisturizer yata sis.kaya you don't rinse it off din after :)

bluefox1114

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics
« Reply #378 on: September 03, 2014, 12:26:41 am »
mga sis, what's a good korean skincare/cosmetic brand that is still not available here in the philippines?

5tarfruit

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics
« Reply #379 on: September 03, 2014, 10:31:02 am »
^ Innisfree, IOPE, and Hera, sis. :D

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close