Author Topic: Wedding Reception Program/Script  (Read 427634 times)

blackgreen

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Reception Program/Script
« Reply #180 on: March 05, 2015, 03:02:40 pm »
Up natin yun thread! Can you share mga sis paano yun reception program?

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Reception Program/Script
« Reply #181 on: March 05, 2015, 03:40:51 pm »
^ours is provided by the host sis blackgreen but it's open for revisions, in case we need to add up something or vice versa. in our case, we omitted some items na alam naming hindi pepwede sa mga conservative guests.

blackgreen

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Reception Program/Script
« Reply #182 on: March 05, 2015, 04:13:39 pm »
^pwede mo ma-share sis belle_v2g?

Sa amin, I am planning to have it this way, 11AM ilalagay ko sa invite.

11:00AM-11:15AM - waiting time to complete the guests, (balak ko kami ni h2b andun na rin sa venue to welcome the guests and chika chika since malayo pa pinanggalingan nilang lahat)
11:15AM-11:45AM - ceremony, sa ceremony wala na akong bridal march, wala rin naman ako entourage so ang navivisual ko parang civil type of wedding. The ceremony itself wala pa daw 15 mins, pero maglalagay ako ng provision for our wedding vow and yun suotan ng wedding rings.
11:45AM-12:00PM - picture taking with all the guests (solemnizing officer, groom's family, bride's family, couple's office friends, couple friends)
tapos kapag settle-down na mga guests, since isa lang venue dun na rin sila nakapwesto sa table nila ng kainan
12:00PM-12:10PM - first dance of the couple
12:10PM-12:20PM - playing of 1st photoslide (eto yun video namin nung traditional/tribal wedding for guests na hindi alam na meron kami una wedding)
12:30PM-1:30PM - lunch (may trivia game kami, kung sino makakasagot yun table nila una makakapunta sa buffet table para pumila, planning to have 6 to 8 questions). While the guests are having the trivia game/lunch kami ni h2b kakain na rin then after kain, ikot ikot with the guests tapos picture taking ulit per table, also yun photoslide ng prenup shoot continuous lang magpplay eto na rin yun background music, thinking if yun lahat ng photos namin ni h2b gawan namin slideshow tapos yun ang background while eating?
1:30PM-1:40PM - my sister's speech and wedding toast
1:40PM-1:50PM - thank you speech ni h2b/b2b and playing of SDE
2:00PM end of reception

Please feel free to comment/suggest mga sis :) Wala kami host and OTD. Sister ko mag-host nung event and si sister na rin mag-OTD together with my other friends. Thank you in advance mga sis! :)

simang

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Reception Program/Script
« Reply #183 on: July 13, 2015, 06:28:51 pm »
Up ko yung thread kasi i have a question :) hehe

Do you plan to have a love story video para ipakita sa reception? We're planning to have one kasi since konti lang talaga nakakaalam ng love story namin lol. But wala lang akong idea how to do it. Ayoko naman ng interview type nakocorny-han ako. Haha. I'm thinking of doing it draw-my-life style, kaso di ko alam kung pano sya iexecute

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Reception Program/Script
« Reply #184 on: August 30, 2015, 09:32:54 pm »
Upping this thread :)

Finally at that stage where I'm starting to form an initial program flow. I have the main components all laid out but I'm still stumped at what games to include that won't be considered boring or corny. :( I am just afraid to not have any games at all because parang the program would be so short and i might bore the guests. We won't be having na nga a growing-up video kasi even my fiance nacocornyhan and refuses to make one. But whenever im at weddings I'm the kind of person  expecting to watch something on screen most of the time or on the stage, not have all the time to myself just talking to my table members.

One of my suppliers told me to stay away from: Showing love story videos, trivias about the couple, instagram games (best pic of the wedding wins a prize), raffles with bongga prizes as these may be interpreted as narcissistic. Which i get naman why, and to some extent is true... but now i really have no idea what to include! Any ideas? :)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Reception Program/Script
« Reply #185 on: August 31, 2015, 07:48:43 am »
^i have done all those you referred to as narcissistic ideas (except thecouple trivia) hehe i think it's not too bad naman. ang saya kasi ng crowd namin when we did those eh and that's the most important bit anyway..yung mag enjoy sila.   if you refuse to do those then think of something creative since you don't want to bore your guests. and kutchie should be helping you do the program diba, and your host? para simultaneous ang flow 

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Reception Program/Script
« Reply #186 on: August 31, 2015, 10:51:28 am »
^belle_v2g Actually i myself thought it would be good to do the trivia and instagram thing and was even thinking of the raffle (weddings i've attended do this naman and ok naman sakin) when i started talking to one of my suppliers about it. Aba, saka ako sinabihan na narcissistic daw kasi it's all about the couple... I was kinda taken aback also. Isn't a wedding naman all about the couple, and if you attend one aren't you expecting it to be all about them? Hehe. I already have initial inputs also from Kutchie but so far the usual program eh... Haha baka sila nalang pag-iisipin ko! Good for you you had a nice participative crowd. :)

*edited*-- don't want to compromise my wedding by sharing too much info on which specific suppliers said what, hehe after my wedding nalang. Remembered na marami rin nga palang supplier lurking around dito.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 02:26:10 pm by sparklingjewel »

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Reception Program/Script
« Reply #187 on: August 31, 2015, 01:28:14 pm »
Who's your host nga pala sparklingjewel?

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Reception Program/Script
« Reply #188 on: September 01, 2015, 09:29:56 am »
sparklingjewel, I think your supplier calling it "narcissistic" may have been too harsh. Personally, I wouldn't judge a couple who has those games at a reception. If it's something you and your fiancé want, then go for it. Lately, I'm learning to choose which comments/suggestions to take to heart and which ones I can disregard. I think what's more important is that you guys include activities that reflect your style as a couple :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Reception Program/Script
« Reply #189 on: September 01, 2015, 09:43:45 am »
^I guess you're right, reese17. And yes, that particular supplier tends to be very frank, no holding back sa comments! Haha! But I am still planning to include games in my program, kahit konti lang, kasi anyway my program is relatively short. Mas takot talaga ako to bore people than to be judged na ang corny or ang common naman ng game nila. Kasi me i easily get bored.

dolphine

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Reception Program/Script
« Reply #190 on: September 01, 2015, 11:02:23 am »
^ Hi sis,

I think ok lang naman to share some things about the couple during the reception program, at least they will get to know both of you. :)

I was thinking about the reception program last weekend too, particularly the games for the couple's married friends. Medyo gasgas na kasi yung game na the couple will write down the answer sa isang board...

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Reception Program/Script
« Reply #191 on: September 01, 2015, 11:20:26 am »
^Or the guests will write down answers on a board.. hehe. Pag may naisip ako, share ko sayo :)

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Reception Program/Script
« Reply #192 on: September 01, 2015, 12:07:45 pm »
My OTD coordinator sent a bunch of games for us to choose from. I haven't studied the list in detail yet but some are pretty unique. Will share once I get time to review.

Ang masasabi ko lang - avoid games that would make guests (and game players!) feel uncomfortable. I attended a wedding with a singles game wherein one guy had to copy exactly what the groom would do to the bride. They called it "top 5 places where [groom] likes to kiss [bride]" and the poor gentleman had to oblige daw. Ang malala pa was that his girlfriend was in the audience. The host kept insisting and asking the gf "okay lang naman diba? tutol ka ba?" -- ugh it was so bad. :(

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Reception Program/Script
« Reply #193 on: September 01, 2015, 01:15:01 pm »
^reese17, ang lapit naaaa! Im so excited for you. I am not yet meeting my coords pero good idea, i'll have them send over more game ideas since the one in my binder is generic (the usual trivia etc) and im not too enthusiastic about using it. I thought this part should be easy, but it's so not. haha

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Reception Program/Script
« Reply #194 on: September 01, 2015, 01:37:40 pm »
^^the reason why we never like single games. Sa bawat kasal na pinupuntahan namin umiiwas kami sa ganyan e kaya nung wedding namin ayaw namin. I only have 2 games na nasaksihan. Nagpagames ata emcee ko habang wala pa kami. The 1st one is trivia about us. Month kung kelan kami na engaged, ano tawagan namin, ano 1st gift na binigay nya sakin, kelan anniv namin at san honeymoon. Nakakatuwa nakakatouched malaman na tama lahat ng sagot nila. Then for couples games bibigyan ng stickers yung couple lalagyan ng sticker ni boy parts ng body ni girl na nagsisimula sa letter K, si girl naman lalagyan ng sticker parts ng body ni boy na nagsisimula sa T. Nakakatawa kasi yung mga bagay na di mo ineexpect maiisip nila like knucles etc.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Reception Program/Script
« Reply #195 on: September 01, 2015, 01:40:00 pm »
Im personally not fond of games and long programs  because I am super KJ and old fashioned like that. However Ive attended fun weddings with all those gimmicks naman. I think the trick is to simply not be too narcissistic and make anyone uncomfortable with games that are to PG or R rated hehe. Also nice for the guests to have some time to mingle and talk to one another.

Like trivia games are fun too. but its kinda narcissistic if they ask super weird, irrelevant questions such as: "Who likes to eat fried chicken." The questions must be well thought of, if not wag na. Like who cares if the bride or groom is obsessed about fried chicken?

Also... I think there is such a thing as too much. Like this wedding I attended wherein the couple wanted to do EVERYTHING... growing up video, love story video, dance numbers, STD video, trivia games, couple games, SDEs, and not to mention the whole night slide show loop of their never ending  pics in 3 different locations. Yun I got so bored! Hahaha and the faces of the couple will haunt you for weeks. There's no escaping THEM in the wedding, pati table may picture pa ata nila eh. It was a bit suffocating.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 01:48:03 pm by Chili1113 »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Reception Program/Script
« Reply #196 on: September 01, 2015, 02:14:47 pm »
^Chili1113 Point taken. :) Dont worry, gets ko na where that input came from, your example is clear hehe. We won't be doing a growing up video, love story video, trivia about the couple slideshow, wala kaming save the dates, website, and onsite pictures decorating the cocktail area nor the tables. I want guests to take their pictures with the place and not with my face haha. Also will be careful about selecting the games. I get what you mean with the fried chicken, or who takes longer to get ready, or who was the first one to make a move. Hahaha kaso i think pag couple trivia lalabas talagang vain/ narcissitic eh, paano bang hinde.


Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Reception Program/Script
« Reply #197 on: September 01, 2015, 02:37:00 pm »
I am sure your program will be just the right mix of activities and videos sparklingjewel! :)  No need to worry about being narcissistic  looking because you guys arent like that hehe The wedding I attended kasi were medyo a bit vain to begin with heheh Ya know, the types who flood IG every now and then with literally 8 consecutive couple selfies while travelling, and posts every single thing they are up to?

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Reception Program/Script
« Reply #198 on: September 01, 2015, 04:22:52 pm »
^Haha Chili1113, baka naman may karapatan! :P Well, sana lang meron hahahah or else kakahiya heehee i dont think i know this couple but i think you've showed me something of theirs before. Btw i have a friend who shot expensive prenup photos abroad. Andami daming outfit changes and scenery changes. I saw an entire hardbound book filled with it, sabi ko pa kay fiance omg ang gastos nito for sure but the photos are really nice, something to keep talaga. This is on top pa of their prenup video. But on the day itself, they didn't show one shot from that prenup. Not one! Yung video lang nila, which was awesome and made me wanna do one. Wala rin silang photos of themselves anywhere. Hehe so there is such a thing as managing it. I enjoyed that wedding very much. I didnt think na anything was over the top, or vain or corny, just plain good. That's all im hoping for. :)

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Reception Program/Script
« Reply #199 on: September 01, 2015, 09:44:40 pm »
Hey sparklingjewel, for what it's worth, I don't think a simple program is necessarily boring. :) We're having almost no program at all -- just toasts during dinner, a little bit of live jazz during dessert, and the first dance. No slideshows, no videos, no games. We're having a very small crowd though, and long conversations over dinner are our jam. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close