We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on FemaleNetwork.com. By continued use, you agree to our privacy policy and accept our use of such cookies. Find out more here.
Remember Me
Oops! Sorry!
A message has been sent to
johnjones@gmail.com
Click on the link in the email to set a new password.
Click on the link to activate your account.
Thanks, sis chinita8. We applied under the family stream. My husband's aunt in Winnipeg provided the affidavit of support, which needed to be notarized in Canada. We sent all the docs to Winnipeg and she was the one who submitted the complete package to the immigration center there.
thanks, sis chinita8. good luck to you and to our other sisters here in the forum, too. we might leave in april to avoid the biting cold.
Hi, I just wanted to ask if anyone here has experienced transferring to a university there from a university here in the Philippines. Our family will be leaving for Canada in a few months and some of the kids are in college (Ateneo de Manila). One is in 2nd year and the concern is if his credentials/qualifications so far will be counted in Canada and if so, how will it translate?We are also starting the university application process. Any advice, info, tips? Has anyone here done the same thing? Thanks.
me! your children are both in Universities?or just the one?and where exactly in Canada are you planning to live?coz Universities, Colleges and Secondary programs are all different, depending on the province you live. I know this because I've lived in 3 Canadian provinces already and the schools i've been into are all different.Universities actually ask students who's not a Canadian citizen or been living in Canada for less than 3 or 4 years to take TOEFL (or any English test). It's a requirement to take the English test, tho luckily I didn't have to take TOEFL.oh btw, in the Philippines, in schools, we call it "subject" but in Canada, we call it "course" I am just letting you know so you won't confuse yourself in the future.I also got some of my courses credited here, I advice that before you leave for Canada, ask Ateneo for the full description of all the courses your child took so when he gets here, he can just show all the papers to the admin so they'll check if it's the same thing that they offer here.
Ontario?nice that's where we used to live Kingston. what program is he planning to pursue? but honestly, I don't like living in Ottawa hehe I just like visiting Ottawa but not live there. Why don't he try Queen's? it's a good school I was going there for my last years in U, but I got accepted here in Alberta kaya my sister and I moved here.McGillQueen'sU of Alberta are the top schools in Canada I didn't have to take TOEFL or IELTS kasi the last University I attended in the Phils are one of the Universities they acknowledge here in Canada (meaning english is the medium of teaching). pero they asked me to do an English test para lang makita my levels of English kung pwede na for University dito.magkaiba talaga ang way ng skools dito compared sa Pinas, dito more on essays and they really rely on textbooks. kapag my essay they expect you to write what's written in the book.
We've recently received our visa for Canada. Can someone please tell me what airline they got for their trip to Canada and how was the experience? Plan is for my family to go to Vancouver by June 2010.
Also, is there any IT person here that is in Canada. I'm an IT personnel and I want to know what's the most in demand job in Canada. I am targeting an Analyst or Programmer's job and I want to know what's the most in demand programming language in Canada.
ano klaseng communication sis?kasi kung sa Pinas is it MassComm?or communication as in related in Linguistics?I attended Adamson U, MassComm so kung accredited ang Adamson, accredited din for sure ang Ateneo.When they saw my school and knew that English was the medium of teaching they said na baka nga I won't have to take the TOEFL na, provincial lang, kung babagsak, then I have to go back to Grade 12 or take english classes, pero since pumasa ako, they didn't ask me to do TOEFL na.sa loan naman, I don't know kung eligible na kayo to apply, kasi isa sa mga requirements is dapat my good credit history ka, my job. there are 2 types of student loan kasi, one is OSAP (if they decided to attend school in Ontario, it's government) the other one is Student line of credit (funded by a bank of your choice).about your children living independently, ahm I honestly think it's not a good idea for now, since bago lang kayo magma-migrate dito. esp winter time, ang public transpo is different my mga oras and schedules, malayo pati ang Ontario and Alberta, 4-8 hours by plane if they wanted to be "independent" talaga why not them here in Edmonton kasi sa Calgary kayo diba?malapit na lang yun. plus you have to take in mind all the expenses din, apartments are really costly.kung sa school naman sila titira, ok din yun for first year students, kasi priority nila ang mga first years e, after that you have to find your own place na din.and isa sa mahirap is if you don't drive so before they decided to be independent, have them take driver's ed and get a license.