Author Topic: WiFi Router  (Read 91244 times)

oshiawase

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: WiFi Router
« Reply #280 on: March 28, 2013, 08:33:29 pm »
i have the PLDT Wifi set. As in yung wifi modem sa kanila na galing. Problem ko, hindi abot [textspeak!] signal sa kwarto ko. Can I set up another wifi to expand the signal coverage? How can I do this?

Please help. Thank you! :)

freelancer_babe

• I'm a
  • Super GirlTalker
    • The Lady Programmer
« Reply #281 on: March 28, 2013, 09:12:55 pm »
i have the PLDT Wifi set. As in yung wifi modem sa kanila na galing. Problem ko, hindi abot [textspeak!] signal sa kwarto ko. Can I set up another wifi to expand the signal coverage? How can I do this?

You mean add another wifi router?

Nope, another wifi router won't expand your coverage. In fact it will just decrease the coverage of your PLDT wifi. Besides, installing another router would require you to have a separate internet connection...

To expand the coverage of your router you will have to:
- reposition your router -> most routers come with omnidirectional antenna/s... meaning, lahat ng direction ang pag-emit ng signal ng router. so it's best to put the router at the center of your home.

- buy a wifi repeater -> disadvantage is, many consumer computer stores don't have such product; they mostly sell routers. if they do sell one, the price isn't cheap.

- upgrade the antenna of your router -> I don't know if PLDT would allow you to modify your router.... Or even get to buy a better antenna of your router, but I am not sure if local computer stores sell this one.

- change the channel of your wifi (consult the user manual of your router) -> baka naman kasi maraming kapitbahay ang naka-router na malakas pa ang signal (3 bars or more) at pareho pa kayo ng channel nag-o-operate. This reduces your wifi coverage. Operate at different channel. Note: you might need a wifi software such as Xirrus wifi inspector to help you determine the channels that your neighbors' wifi are operating.

- upgrade your router to Wireless N type - mas malaki ang coverage nito. Wireless N has been around for the past 2 or 3 years. I'm not sure if your PLDT router is already the Wireless N type - check the manual and verify if your router's settings is already set to Wireless N or if it supports it. (Note: devices that are over 4 or 5 years old might not work with Wireless N).
Catch a man a fish and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. (Karl Marx)

oshiawase

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #282 on: April 02, 2013, 04:29:41 pm »
^ thanks! will try looking for a repeater. The thing is, i dunno how to change the configuration of my wifi since it is provided for by PLDT already. XD

freelancer_babe

• I'm a
  • Super GirlTalker
    • The Lady Programmer
« Reply #283 on: April 02, 2013, 09:46:58 pm »
^ yun lang tingin ko di rin madaling makahanap ng repeater.. and if you do find one - baka mahal ito.

I hope this helps (you have to be a bit techy to do this): http://lifehacker.com/5563196/turn-your-old-router-into-a-range+boosting-wi+fi-repeater
Catch a man a fish and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. (Karl Marx)

crazycoolchic19

• GT member addict since 2005.
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #284 on: April 03, 2013, 06:43:54 am »
Matibay yung d- link , 5 years or more na naming gamit.until now di pa rin sira, wala nang off 24/7 na naka on..brownout lang ata pahinga ng router namin.. :D  or  ioff lang namin for 5 minutes to refresh ..., yung speed kase wala yan sa router kung humihina bato ng signal, nasa speed yan ng internet nyo, pero yung router ko ( model 300 if im not mistaken) hinde ganun kalawak coverage nya, humihina ang signal or nawawala pag nasa labasan nako, or garahe namin,...kung magpapalit ako router dlink pa rin subok sa tibay, pinakacheapest kase nabili ko yung Dlink300 , for 2k+ ..meron ang d-link na malaki ang coverage ng signal kaya lang ang mahal naman.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 06:45:39 am by crazycoolchic19 »

sima

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #285 on: May 11, 2013, 01:30:59 am »
I have a Thomson Speedtouch 585 Wireless Router.  Noong una hindi din ako makakuha ng internet access pag nasa loob ako ng kwarto.  What I did was tweak the channel and VOILA!  I was able to connect to the internet.

alexii

• GirlTalker
  • Retired HARDCORE band vocalist and FASHION lover.
« Reply #286 on: October 01, 2013, 01:50:02 am »
Bubuhayin ko lang itong thread.

I have totolink router and okay naman siya kahit papano pero every 2 weeks yata nawawala yung internet connection namin (smartbro). Aayusin ng taga smart then nawawala nanaman. Then recently pinaltan lahat ng cables and even yung antenna ba yun. Okay na yung net namin but the prob is pag sinaksak ko na yung net sa router hindi na siya makaconnect sa net. I mean may error message. Paano po ba yun?

juni

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #287 on: October 14, 2013, 11:39:56 pm »
Best brand of router for me is Linksys/Cisco.  They have a wireless N router that costs around Php4,500, and ang tibay nito.  Hindi siya kasing finicky ng Belkin.

sima

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #288 on: January 27, 2014, 09:25:54 pm »
Share ko lang itong cheap alternative for a wifi extender.  Not sure how effective though:  http://makezine.com/2013/03/26/how-to-improve-your-wifi-signal-using-a-soda-can-in-6-steps/

-=munchkins12=-

• ang mahilig mag-OH NO! na
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #289 on: July 25, 2014, 06:08:24 am »
Mga sis which is better D-Link DIR-600L Wireless N150 Router or Cisco Linksys E1200 Wireless-N Router?

cool_chique

• Junior GirlTalker
  • morena beauty
    • cheapest nu skin products!
« Reply #290 on: July 21, 2016, 09:00:10 pm »
Any updates of good router these days?
“Life is violent and cruel by nature, so when something good come along, you gotta stop and celebrate it ” - True Blood

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close