Author Topic: the hp/compaq thread  (Read 82026 times)

sola_gurl

• Super GirlTalker
the hp/compaq thread
« on: June 27, 2008, 12:40:33 am »
I'm planning on buying an HP or Compaq laptop since I've heard the quality's good.  Which model would you suggest? I want the ff features:

-120-160 GB
-2 RAM
-Lightweight, not so big, slim
-Price range aroun 50K
"Fate succumbs many a species: one alone jeopardises itself." - W.H. Auden

pink

• Mao Asada Fan
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Mao-Fan!
    • Casual Doodles
Re: Suggestions for HP/Compaq laptops
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 09:09:12 am »
^got my compaq b1200 series (b1256tu/b1285tu). ganyan rin ang specs w/ 12in screen for no more than xxxk.

MODS NOTE: NO PRICES HERE.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 09:29:15 pm by bad_boy »

crazychick

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 06:20:35 pm »
hp i ordered an hp dv2700t special edition online at around that price. pero iuuwi lang ng relatives ko so wala akong gastos sa shipping.

14.1" screen
160 gb hard drive
2 gb ram

cherrie_cereza_tazzie

• ~*SiMpLy _Me*~
  • Super GirlTalker
  • ^ henna! henna! ^
the hp/compaq thread
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 05:39:25 am »
hi everyone! wala pa akong nakikitang about COMPAQ na thread so i created one...

i'm a new lappy user... i just bought the the cheapest, i think, laptop from COMPAQ... the C793TU model... don't know if good deal but got a free upgrade of memory to 2GB and 1GB flash drive...

help naman po and more info about any COMPAQ laptops... TIA! :)
~*HaPpY bEiNg a BaBy MoNsTeR*~
"In Life...Expect the Unexpected" Ü "It's wiser not to expect but to hope...For in expecting, we ask for disappointments whereas in hoping we invite surprises."

p3t3r

• GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • WYSIWYG
Re: COMPAQ laptop users
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 09:59:17 pm »
^cherrie_cereza_taz

you can check for additional information about your laptop at http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ph/en/ho/WF06b/321957-321957-3329742-89318-89318-3466274-3739752.html
To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage. ~ Lao Tzu

annn

• I eat Skittles and do voodoo on every
  • Super GirlTalker
  • buxom kangaroo
HP Pavilion
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 10:43:47 pm »

Just got this last christmas but hindi ako sanay eh so i barely use it, like maybe 6x a month lang and most of the time just for watching movies. Anyway today i tested it on dial up and ..i couldnt type the letter "E" so i restarted it and then it just gave me a long beep at startup and i am stuck at the Boot mode but i cant seem to manipulate the keyboard..

So i was wondering if they have any support here in the Philippines like an HP center for repairs..i still have warranty until November. thanks
A crazy person is only crazy because he does what no one else will

p3t3r

• GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • WYSIWYG
Re: HP Pavilion
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 06:06:13 am »
^annn

yup you can call Nexus Technologies, Inc at 8671191
To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage. ~ Lao Tzu

pink

• Mao Asada Fan
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Mao-Fan!
    • Casual Doodles
Re: the hp/compaq thread
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 03:59:19 pm »
thankfully, may hp service centers yata in major cities nationwide. just got my compaq b1200 model laptop almost two months ago pero ok naman ang performance. medyo madali lang uminit so i'm thinking of undervolting. webcam lang problem ko sa ngayon. hopefully i can finally bring it to a service center within the week.

what i love is the size (kahit na naiinggit ako sa msi wind hehe...) tama lang siya for me. not too small and not too big. i love the design and the touchpad (ito normally ang di ko type sa ibang lappie).

question ko lang, yung hp pavilion dv6000 model ng isang friend ko mas mataas ang specs (c2d, 3gb ram, 250gb hdd, nvidia go 6150?)  w/ preinstalled vista home premium. pero bakit masyado yatang mababa experience index niya and naglalag daw talaga?

p3t3r

• GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • WYSIWYG
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 09:23:58 pm »
^pink

because vista home premium has more features than vista basic. what your friend can do is to disable some features of vista like Aero, transparency, side bar and a few more.

chinita_charm

• Satisfaction Guaranteed! Yes I am a
  • GirlTalker
  • "being HAPPY is a journey"
    • www.multiply.com
Re: HP Pavilion
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 09:35:58 pm »
Just got this last christmas but hindi ako sanay eh so i barely use it, like maybe 6x a month lang and most of the time just for watching movies. Anyway today i tested it on dial up and ..i couldnt type the letter "E" so i restarted it and then it just gave me a long beep at startup and i am stuck at the Boot mode but i cant seem to manipulate the keyboard..

So i was wondering if they have any support here in the Philippines like an HP center for repairs..i still have warranty until November. thanks

you can go to HP service center in jupiter st. along buendia.. we have the same problem.. mine they changed motherboard.
coz i dont wanna feel the pain in my heart

live. love. laugh.

chinita_charm

• GirlTalker
    • www.multiply.com
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 09:36:40 pm »
i will never buy HP product again >:( >:(

live. love. laugh.

annn

• Super GirlTalker
  • buxom kangaroo
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 11:54:27 pm »
yep sis chinita, did you try to google your problem?
i saw a video in youtube na sobrang daming problems surrounding
the hp pavilion series..(wireless card/connectivity thingy dies in a couple of mos after the
initial purchase..God forbid that happens to me too)

you know i think the sony vaio series, is the best ..i havent heard any problems
about it.

edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhTIVtUTD4A

is the video i saw regarding hp issues
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 12:07:36 am by annn »

p3t3r

• GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • WYSIWYG
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 12:37:36 am »
^annn

i have an HP DV6000 for almost 2 years now and I havent encountered any hardware problem. mostly the problem is being caused by Vista.

chinita_charm

• GirlTalker
    • www.multiply.com
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 09:32:38 am »
i have this dv6000 but the motherboard lasted only for only 8months.. i had the same case with several other who have complained in the service center

live. love. laugh.

punkrockprincess

• Junior GirlTalker
  • always find time to chill out
    • thoughts of a single lady
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2008, 05:40:44 pm »
i've just bought compaq c769tu 2 weeks ago and just today, nag-hang siya for 3 times... i dunno if later maghahang ulit siya.. this isn't the first time.. twice na rin siya naghang on two consecutive days. at first i thought it was caused by the safari internet browser that i've installed so i removed the program. and now that i already uninstalled safari, naghahang pa rin. i also scanned the hard drive using norton but naghang pa rin when i opened my laptop again. ugh! 1 week replacement lang ang asianic kaya di ko na to mapapalitan.. :( what could be the problem?? di ko pa nga to masyado nagagamit eh..  ???

annn

• Super GirlTalker
  • buxom kangaroo
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2008, 05:47:12 pm »
i went to thehp place and they said its the keyboard daw. i asked what happened baka may na stuck doon they said sira lang. i wish i could find out more (details).
got it after 2 weeks. i wonder, i dont use it a lot eh.maybe i should keep using it in order to sort of see in case ...i dont want something to happen tapos the warranty is out. they told me if i didnt have warranty they keyboard would've cost 4k.
@punkrock: maybe it was overheating ? or try to uninstall as many programs as possible or  maybe you were running programs that were too memory intensive?

punkrockprincess

• Junior GirlTalker
  • always find time to chill out
    • thoughts of a single lady
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2008, 06:07:36 pm »
^do you think a cooling pad is necessary? i'm planning to buy a cooling pad from cd-r king but i'm just worried that it might be too noisy since fan lang talaga siya.

hmm..i don't think the programs here are memory intensive.. i have 1gb ram naman and i don't have games installed in my laptop, just the basic ones.

pink

• Mao Asada Fan
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Mao-Fan!
    • Casual Doodles
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2008, 12:47:35 pm »
now i'm quite pissed with the hp service center here in my area. i don't have much problems with my laptop except for the heat issues i'm experiencing now.

p3t3r, since you're very experienced with hp laptops, what's the highest temp range you get with your CPU? i'm not using anything intensive at the moment (natatakot akong gamitin to for anything intensive sa ngayon)... surfing lang and chatting sa ym and ipswitch. pero umaabot ng lagpas 60degrees power saver mode pa yan ha. will start at 50degrees and after mga 20minutes tataas na masyado ang temp. mas mataas pa pag nakabalanced mode or high performance. in fact, nagstress test ako umabot ng 91-94degrees in less than 10min. i'm very alarmed na baka mafry ang aking cpu! pero ang sagot sa akin ng nasa service center, normal lang daw yun (although his face showed di siya masyadong sure). sinabihan lang akong magreinstall ng OS. sa hp email support naman, binigyan lang ako ng bios update... na ang nangyari ay mas lalong tumaas ang temp ng aking cpu.

do you think i'm being paranoid or may problem talaga sa unit ko? for those with the same laptop as mine ang sabi nila hanggang 70+degrees lang sila pag naka max load ang cpu. :(

p3t3r

• GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • WYSIWYG
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2008, 03:52:06 pm »
^pink

sis the highest temperature recorded on my lappy is 97 degrees then it went auto-shutdown. i think the problem is not about the laptop. its about the processor. i remembered downloading a freeware before that regulates or re-configure the cooling fan and it solved my problem. pag naalala ko or nakita ko ulit ill PM you.

pink

• Mao Asada Fan
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Mao-Fan!
    • Casual Doodles
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2008, 06:44:33 pm »
nagundervolt na ako... which lowered down the max temp somehow but i still, nakapowersaver mode lang ako ngayon. can't use balanced or high performance kasi tumataas talaga yung temp niya. so far, wala pang new reply ang hp email support sa akin. if nothing else works, i'll reinstall my OS again minus sp1 and check ko always yung temp. if the same pa rin, dalhin ko daw sa ibang service center accdg. to the HP tech. *sigh*

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close